The Elon Musk thread

After signing the agreement, the complaint alleges, “Musk proceeded to make statements, send tweets, and engage in conduct designed to create doubt about the deal and drive Twitter’s stock down substantially in order to create leverage that Musk hoped to use to either back out of the purchase or re-negotiate the buyout price.”

“As detailed herein, Musk’s conduct was and continues to be illegal, in violation of the California Corporations Code, and contrary to the contractual terms he agreed to in the deal,” the complaint continues.

Lizard King

Veteran
I find it hard to believe em did this. Reminds me of the Orange Man set up. The pissing dossier or whatever it was. I am sure he can get many women such as Amber Heard etc without exposing himself. I was hoping Depp trial finally ended the me too and believe all women bs. This is politically motivated.

Lurking009

Star
From what I've seen and remember, I think Musk has only supported/pushed Dogecoin.

"Meanwhile, Musk is being sued alongside Tesla and SpaceX in a $258 billion lawsuit in which an American citizen and Dogecoin investor Keith Johnson has accused them of pumping Dogecoin."

I'm not sure how he/she has a case. Nobody is forced to invest. Even if Musk - or any billionaire, celeb, investment expert, whatever - pushes cryptocurrency, people are still responsible for their personal investment decisions. I would think this is still true unless we have fallen to the level of compensating every moron with a get rich quick scheme that doesn't work out.

Article disclaimer:
"Disclaimer: The content on this site should not be considered investment advice. Investing is speculative. When investing, your capital is at risk."

Yup, that's great advice.

Last edited:

Maldarker

Star
From what I've seen and remember, I think Musk has only supported/pushed Dogecoin.

"Meanwhile, Musk is being sued alongside Tesla and SpaceX in a $258 billion lawsuit in which an American citizen and Dogecoin investor Keith Johnson has accused them of pumping Dogecoin."

I'm not sure how he/she has a case. Nobody is forced to invest. Even if Musk - or any billionaire, celeb, investment expert, whatever - pushes cryptocurrency, people are still responsible for their personal investment decisions. I would think this is still true unless we have fallen to the level of compensating every moron with a get rich quick scheme that doesn't work out.

Article disclaimer:
"Disclaimer: The content on this site should not be considered investment advice. Investing is speculative. When investing, your capital is at risk."

Yup, that's great advice.
Guess Matt Damon gets a pass

Lurking009

Star
Guess Matt Damon gets a pass
Ha! I had to google that since I didn't know Damon was pushing cryptocurrency.

Well, he's not entirely wrong. People who take the greatest risks can potentially reap the greatest rewards. I'm really happy for anyone who has taken a risk* with crypto and come out the better for it.

* Disclaimer: By risk, I don't mean investing every cent a person has, leaving themselves in poverty, and then blaming someone else when they lose it all. Because that would be really stupid. :p