The egg and God

Kung Fu

Superstar
No, I believe that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are all equally fully God. Its the egg analogy that explains in human terms how a God could be one God but three persons at the same time.
Except it doesn't as I proved to you. When the yolk is separated from the whole egg it ceases to be that original egg unless you can prove otherwise I'm all ears.

Show us just one verse which states that the One God is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit and at the same time they're One?
Sadly but ironically, we time and time again only find the contrary in the New Testament.

Whilst John does exaggerate the status of Jesus into an almost cosmic phenomenon, it's theology and Christology still sees Jesus as being a created being entirely subservient to "the father" with only the knowledge that "the father" provides him.
The Holy Spirit is also not a 'being'/entity in most of the New Testament (except for vague inference in a few vague passages within epistles). The Holy Spirit also was never a 'being/entity' in the Tanakh either (nor in the Qur'an).
The Holy Spirit has always directly been the Nafesh which is the Hebrew equivalent of the Rūḥ, the concept being more of a description between God's omnipresence and creative nature within all things, rather than being some kind of sub-entity.
Hence why Jesus breathes into peoples faces (John 20:21-23) which is not only very inappropriate during quarantine but is him demonstrating one of the basic Abrahamic teachings (seen in Genesis 2:7).

And with the father, it's seriously perplexing that Jesus can say repeatedly chapter after chapter that "the father is greater than I" and also pray to the father, yet people think Jesus is somehow a part of God.
It is INSANE! o_O

It's official people. Lisa has conclusively proven, without a doubt that God is an egg.
So crack him open, put him on the pan for five minutes with some butter, then put some salt and pepper on him once he's done, serve with some toast!

Helioform

Star
The trinity concept comes from Hinduism. Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva. It's a very old doctrine. It just does not fit that well in Christianity because the Catholic Church has done some theological syncretism, which blends together some aspects of other religions with it.

But if you want to know how the trinity is explained in Hinduism (not for the faint of heart)

"Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva, the triple gods of Hinduism, are different in a limited sense only. They are considered manifestations of the same Supreme Isvara, who is also known as the Saguna Brahman or the awakened or dynamic Brahman. Isvara Himself is considered by the monists as a reflection of Supreme Brahman in (the triple gunas of) Nature. Since ordinary human minds cannot comprehend the oneness of the universe, it becomes difficult for us to understand this concept clearly. To summarize the idea briefly let us take the analogy of a person performing different tasks. Just as a person becomes different persons while performing different roles or duties in the mental plane though not in the physical plane, God who exists in innumerable planes simultaneously appears as the Trinity in three different roles. The difference if any is in appearances which is part of the grand illusion that He weaves all around us.

Where do they exist?
The triple deities (Trimurthis) do exist in space and time, although it is difficult to explain the nature of their existence, as well as their true potentialities since they belong to the very highest realms of creation. In the human beings they exist beyond the mind as potentialities of the divinities of the super-mind or the divine mind, who are envisioned only by a handful of adept yogis in deep meditation. Seemingly there is nothing physical about them although in their ignorance people tend to consider them human beings with flesh and blood. From the experiences of adept yogis and self-realized souls, we understand that although the triple deities remain in their ethereal aspect as pure energies and consciousness with dimensions beyond our imagination and comprehension, they can assume physical form when they deem fit, appear anywhere in the universe at will, and manifest themselves in whatever way they choose. They are God's most pleasing and benevolent aspects in the manifested creation, personifying His dynamic functions. They represent His will in cognizable forms with which the human mind can interact and relate well.

Are these gods different from each other?
To the question whether these gods are different, the answer is both yes and no. They are different because, from human point of view they perform different tasks, have qualities and energies that differ widely from one another and also control different worlds that seem to set widely apart. But as we have mentioned earlier, at the highest level they are the three aspects of the one and the same supreme Reality. Together they are like a mighty flow of energy branching out into three different streams at the point of contact with human awareness.

It is difficult for us to understand them, because we can understand reality in terms of comparisons, with reference to one another, not by the thing itself and because we can concentrate our attention upon only one thing at any given point of time, while our minds cannot hold two thoughts at a time. Imagine an intelligence that can understand infinity without the need for any comparisons and hold an infinite number of things simultaneously in its unlimited field of consciousness without any reference to each other, without the need to know, without any effort to know, and knowing them all at a time! This is the consciousness of these divine planes."

Last edited:
The trinity concept comes from Hinduism. Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva. It's a very old doctrine. It just does not fit that well in Christianity because the Catholic Church has done some theological syncretism, which blends together some aspects of other religions with it.
It's worth noting that the deifying of Jesus was a very obvious sales-pitch for the gentiles that got out of hand.
Even with Paul alone (not including the Johannine books) there is the clear struggle of obvious disinterest from the pagans who had no interest in joining a Jewish sect. By incorporating many pagan flavors and abolishing the law, Paul and other early church fathers were able to actually propagate it (not known as "Christianity" at the time btw) and reinvent it as a 'new religion' distinct from Judaism through these basic (yet convincing for it's reception audience) premises.

There are definitely a lot of pagan trinities, yes. At the same time there is also a lot of weaving in and out between greater and lesser deities, which can obviously be seen under different parallels in Christianity.

Tidal

Star
"Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything."[ Eph. 5:22–30] ...
...there wasnt a single female apostle btw.

1- Some women were using early church meetings like "coffee mornings" for gossip, chatter and nagging their hubs, so of course Paul had to set some ground rules to shut them up.. :p

2- Women LURVED Jesus to bits and Paul paid glowing tributes to them..:D-
"I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a servant of the church in Cenchrea..she has been a great help to many people, including me..
Greet Priscilla , my fellow worker in Christ Jesus, she risked her life for me.
Greet Mary, who worked very hard for you..
Greet Tryphena and Tryphosa and Persis, those women who work hard in the Lord.
Greet Rufus, chosen in the Lord, and his mother, who has been a mother to me, too.

Greet Julia.." (Romans ch 16)

Jesus spent a terrible long night before his death, unable to sleep and racked with loneliness as his disciples fell asleep,
But next day on the cross, as he slipped into death his tired pain-filled eyes saw a host of loyal women who'd stuck with him to the end..
"Jesus cried out with a loud voice, and breathed his last. There were also women looking on from afar, among whom were Mary Magdalene and Salome, who followed him and ministered to him when he was in Galilee, and many other women who came up with him to Jerusalem" (Mark 15:37)
They gave him the last womanly comfort they could by making sure he never died alone..

Some of the disciples ran off in fear of the Romans, but women stuck with him to the end-

It's almost as if he knew they'd be there for him, so he made sure he was always there for them during his lifetime-

shankara

Star
So the egg... Like anything else, the parts are imputed on the whole, and the whole is imputed on the parts. I could impute a different collection than "shell, white, yolk" onto the egg, for example I could regard it as such and such a molecule, such and such another molecule. Or if I were to have a collection of eggs, that would be an imputation onto a number of individual eggs, where as if I were to have an individual egg I would be imputing it's individuality based on the collection of objects named "eggs" in general. Furthermore the egg is produced by various causes, including the ovaries of a chicken, and as there is no clear point at which the egg becomes different from the chicken (when the cells causing the egg to exist come into being? when it's shell develops? when it laid?), or to put it otherwise "energy is never destroyed" and hence that energy currently labelled egg becomes cooked egg becomes fuel for the body becomes heat and yet at all times continues to exist as energy independent of the dependently arisen form it takes whether that be an egg or heat energy (are you following me?), I cannot meaningfully speak of an egg except conventionally.

This has got me thinking about Divinity. If Divinity is triple, there is the question of imputation of individuality on triplicity and the imputation of triplicity on individuality. However a Divinity which is a Unity could perhaps be considered to be beyond imputation, as there is nothing else like it and at the same time nothing which is unlike it, and thus no difference upon which any definition or imputation could be made. I might be wrong and I'm still thinking about this to be honest, but I hope at least first paragraph was useful to some.

Tidal

Star
Tidal said- Catholics pray to Jesus's dead human mum and to dead human "saints"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christians pray to Jesus, makes no difference. Christians not only pray to Jesus but deify him as "God-incarnate", how much more blasphemous can you get?
Catholics don't worship Mary, but if they did (in an alternate universe) it would just be the logical conclusion of Jesus-worship. EXACTLY THE SAME THING

Jesus wants MATES, not fawning worshippers.. :p
Jesus said - "You're my friends if you follow me. I don't call you servants, but I call you friends" (John 15:15)

And when the disciples asked him how to pray, he said- "Our Father which art in heaven..." he never said pray to himself..:)

Lisa

Superstar
The Holy Spirit has always directly been the Nafesh which is the Hebrew equivalent of the Rūḥ, the concept being more of a description between God's omnipresence and creative nature within all things, rather than being some kind of sub-entity.
Hence why Jesus breathes into peoples faces (John 20:21-23) which is not only very inappropriate during quarantine but is him demonstrating one of the basic Abrahamic teachings (seen in Genesis 2:7).

And with the father, it's seriously perplexing that Jesus can say repeatedly chapter after chapter that "the father is greater than I" and also pray to the father, yet people think Jesus is somehow a part of God.
It is INSANE! o_O
Was Jesus in quarantine then?

Perhaps we could look at the Father and Son relationship like this..a man and woman get married, they are one couple but still individuals, yet the man is the head of the household. Obviously, it’s not exact as we are talking Father and Son relationship but it is exact in that there is an order to the relationship where the Father is the head and the Son is not the head but still equal in the relationship. Like I keep saying they have different roles within the trinity. Yet Jesus says..
Matthew‬ ‭28:19‬ ‭
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Jesus could have said baptize in my name only but He wants people to baptize in the name of God, The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit...can’t get much more authoritative than that.

Lisa

Superstar
Exactly! It’s the Royal We which is singular. The original Bible text is not English, therefore there has to be a translation mistake.
No it’s not the royal we in the Bible. God is One but three persons, within the one, which is why the egg analogy is so good. We all understand the egg is made up of three parts that make a whole.

Lisa

Superstar
Out of all of this what I find truly pathetic and sad is she's comparing her God to an egg through an analogy that doesn't even make sense. If she has to argue her point about the egg being 3 in 1, or 1 in 3, or 2 I'm 4, and etc. That should tell you right there that something is wrong.
I think your inability to understand it says more about you than my analogy being pathetic and sad...

Come2Islam

It's honestly kind of sad that you don't understand how stupid your analogy is. I'm going to break it dow for you. You claim your god is One but that at the same time and at one point they were also 3 while also still being one. With the egg however, once they're separated they cease to be that one egg at the same time. They can either be a whole egg or 3 separated parts of an egg but not both at the same time. Unless you're stupid enough to believe that once the egg is separated it's still considered that one whole egg which it was originally.
Why the insults ?. Your dogmatic believe of 3 in 1, will only lead you to hell. Christianity & Paganism are intertwined. The Sun worship on Sundays, the Easter bunnies, 25th of December & others are there for all right thinking humans to see. A little Google search, will save you from Idol worship.
I will leave your idiotic mind with this qoute,
"And at the ninth hour, Jesus cried out with a loud voice, "Eloi Eloi lama sabachthani?" which means, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" It is the only saying that appears in more than one Gospel, and is a quote from Psalm 22:2. This saying is taken by some as an abandonment of the Son by the Father.
If an ordinary drunken Roman soldiers could kill a god on the Cross, then Julius Ceaser the Roman Emperor, must be the Egg Shell in your analogy. Idiot.

Lisa

Superstar
Why the insults ?. Your dogmatic believe of 3 in 1, will only lead you to hell. Christianity & Paganism are intertwined. The Sun worship on Sundays, the Easter bunnies, 25th of December & others are there for all right thinking humans to see. A little Google search, will save you from Idol worship.
I will leave your idiotic mind with this qoute,
"And at the ninth hour, Jesus cried out with a loud voice, "Eloi Eloi lama sabachthani?" which means, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" It is the only saying that appears in more than one Gospel, and is a quote from Psalm 22:2. This saying is taken by some as an abandonment of the Son by the Father.
If an ordinary drunken Roman soldiers could kill a god on the Cross, then Julius Ceaser the Roman Emperor, must be the Egg Shell in your analogy. Idiot.
Are you responding to Kung fu here or someone else? Kung fu is a muslim like you.

Lisa

Superstar
And from where came the chicken?
Genesis‬ ‭1:24-25‬ ‭
Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures after their kind: cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth after their kind”; and it was so. God made the beasts of the earth after their kind, and the cattle after their kind, and everything that creeps on the ground after its kind; and God saw that it was good.“​
‭‭