The egg and God

shankara

Star
Tidal asked- But why are muslims killing christians all around the world?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christians don't fly airliners into buildings to kill innocent office workers, we only attack terrorists, spot the difference?.. :p

PS- muslims even kill each other such as Sunni vs Shiite, what for?
there are only two types of faiths in God's eyes, those who accept Jesus, and all the others that don't.. :p
Incidentally what exactly did Jesus say that made muslims reject him?
Wow, seems we have another bigoted Muslim-hater to rival Lisa! You two should get together, she likes the English. Are you suggesting that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were due to "defending ourselves against terrorists"? Because to me it seems more like yet another example of US imperialism like Vietnam and the many things they've done in Latin America during the last century. Were the vast numbers of civilian casualties in these wars (far more than those who have been killed in any terrorist attacks in Europe or the US) all terrorists who needed to die? Or perhaps it was the wrath of the vengeful deity who has always liked to wipe out nations and peoples for their "unbelief", "iniquity" or whatever?

You might also find that many people on this site think the whole "flying airplanes into skyscrapers" business was the work of the good ol' USA as well...

Also, if you look at it historically, Protestants have had plenty of wars with Catholics just like the whole Sunni-Shi'a divide in the Arab world.

I'm not particularly in favour of Islam, or any of the so-called "monotheistic" religions, at the same time the kind of prejudiced attitude you hold is just so blatantly childish and ignorant that I feel it's necessary to point it out. You could at least learn to get along with those who also hold Jesus to be a prophet, even if they have some slightly different idea about whether or not he was deity incarnate.

In fact many of the English are like this, some of them even celebrate the empire because it "civilized" and "christianized" the "ignorant savages"... How noble it was of the colonial powers to take up "the white man's burden"...

EpistemiX

Established
Wow, seems we have another bigoted Muslim-hater to rival Lisa! You two should get together, she likes the English. Are you suggesting that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were due to "defending ourselves against terrorists"? Because to me it seems more like yet another example of US imperialism like Vietnam and the many things they've done in Latin America during the last century. Were the vast numbers of civilian casualties in these wars (far more than those who have been killed in any terrorist attacks in Europe or the US) all terrorists who needed to die? Or perhaps it was the wrath of the vengeful deity who has always liked to wipe out nations and peoples for their "unbelief", "iniquity" or whatever?

You might also find that many people on this site think the whole "flying airplanes into skyscrapers" business was the work of the good ol' USA as well...

Also, if you look at it historically, Protestants have had plenty of wars with Catholics just like the whole Sunni-Shi'a divide in the Arab world.

I'm not particularly in favour of Islam, or any of the so-called "monotheistic" religions, at the same time the kind of prejudiced attitude you hold is just so blatantly childish and ignorant that I feel it's necessary to point it out. You could at least learn to get along with those who also hold Jesus to be a prophet, even if they have some slightly different idea about whether or not he was deity incarnate.

In fact many of the English are like this, some of them even celebrate the empire because it "civilized" and "christianized" the "ignorant savages"... How noble it was of the colonial powers to take up "the white man's burden"...
Although I enjoyed reading this post, I doubt those you are addressing have the capacity to even read two lines of it.

This is why I keep my responses short when I address them.

shankara

Star
I didn’t realise that the 1st Century Jews spoke English?!

The same linguistic logic would have a “dog” being the Antichrist!
The Christ definitely can be considered a Solar Avatar, but not for the reason of the sound of those words.

By the way, you might want to discuss the thing about "dog" with the Anthony Hill people, they seem to think so...!

Come2Islam

Well, it turns out Easter actually began as a pagan festival celebrating spring in the Northern Hemisphere, long before the advent of Christianity. "Since pre-historic times, people have celebrated the equinoxes and the solstices as sacred times," University of Sydney Professor Carole Cusack said.

illuminatimess

Veteran
Well, it turns out Easter actually began as a pagan festival celebrating spring in the Northern Hemisphere, long before the advent of Christianity. "Since pre-historic times, people have celebrated the equinoxes and the solstices as sacred times," University of Sydney Professor Carole Cusack said.
We been knew

Tidal

Star
Wow, seems we have another bigoted Muslim-hater to rival Lisa! You two should get together, she likes the English. Are you suggesting that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were due to "defending ourselves against terrorists"?...

Yup, we had to go over there to zap the terror training camps, plus of course Saddam had WMD's so we had to bust his ass too..:D

"The spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in kings palaces"- (Bible: Proverbs 30:28 KJV)

Below-US troops near one of Saddam Hussein's abandoned palaces in Bayji, Iraq 2008

PS- what do you think my chances with Lisa are on a scale from 0 (low) to 10 (high)?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

I remember when I was at school, I would find myself working through a maths problem on a hot Friday afternoon and more often than not come to an answer that didn’t look quite right! I would then end up spending the rest of the lesson working back over the numbers to see where I got lost.

“Easter” kind of reminds me of that feeling I had. Because of the way Rome mixed paganism with authentic Christianity, a day whose name derived from “Ishtar” suggests that somewhere along the way, the church lost something of the true message.

From a Christian perspective, I find the “fresh eyes” of Messianic Jews very interesting. Without the wrapping paper of church history, they sometimes work through the Old Testament feasts, patterns and prophecies of the coming Messiah and see things that Gentiles have missed for centuries:-

illuminatimess

Veteran

Preach!!!!

shankara

Star
Yup, we had to go over there to zap the terror training camps, plus of course Saddam had WMD's so we had to bust his ass too..:D

"The spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in kings palaces"- (Bible: Proverbs 30:28 KJV)

Below-US troops near one of Saddam Hussein's abandoned palaces in Bayji, Iraq 2008

PS- what do you think my chances with Lisa are on a scale from 0 (low) to 10 (high)?
You mean the terrorists armed by Washington to fight against the Soviets? What do you think of the theory that the CIA and MOSSAD created Islamic State for their own nefarious purposes? And isn't it funny how the USA allies itself with Saudi Arabia? - a dictatorship from which the whole Salafi/Wahhabi ideology which ultimately became the jihadist ideology stems.

Have you considered maybe that invading Iraq had a lot to do with oil? Were you aware that the thing about WMDs has now been proved to be basically a lie or faulty intelligence? And are you aware of the civilian casualty figures? See https://www.iraqbodycount.org/ . Is it ok if civilians are killed for the benefit of some greater cause, do "the ends justify the means"? What if you were born in one of those countries, would you feel the same?

Did you ever stop to consider the history of the UK and all the horrific things, massacres included, they did in India and the other colonies? Can you understand that following the horrors of the colonial era and the present horrors of unregulated neo-liberal capitalism, there is likely to be a reaction against the West? I'm not justifying the absurd and inhuman ideology of the terrorists, but nonetheless it is in large part due to a reaction against the historical policy of the Euro-American axis, and the decadence of our present society. Of course the terrorists are beyond dialogue, perhaps there is need for a forceful solution, nonetheless I don't think invading countries in order to install "freedom and democracy" is likely to be anything but counterproductive...

Whatever stupid people with stupid ideologies do, it pales in comparison to the millions killed in Vietnam, the firebombing of agricultural lands in Cambodia to render them infertile, the interventions in Latin America and support for dictatorships if they help US commercial interests. Ok so the UK isn't the US, but it generally follows them in everything.

Justifying your jingoistic Muslim-hating ideology with Bible quotes is an insult to whatever spiritual value is contained in that book. Killing in the name of Jesus is cursing the prophet you claim to adore.

Have a nice day.

illuminatimess

Veteran
You mean the terrorists armed by Washington to fight against the Soviets? What do you think of the theory that the CIA and MOSSAD created Islamic State for their own nefarious purposes? And isn't it funny how the USA allies itself with Saudi Arabia? - a dictatorship from which the whole Salafi/Wahhabi ideology which ultimately became the jihadist ideology stems.

Have you considered maybe that invading Iraq had a lot to do with oil? Were you aware that the thing about WMDs has now been proved to be basically a lie or faulty intelligence? And are you aware of the civilian casualty figures? See https://www.iraqbodycount.org/ . Is it ok if civilians are killed for the benefit of some greater cause, do "the ends justify the means"? What if you were born in one of those countries, would you feel the same?

Did you ever stop to consider the history of the UK and all the horrific things, massacres included, they did in India and the other colonies? Can you understand that following the horrors of the colonial era and the present horrors of unregulated neo-liberal capitalism, there is likely to be a reaction against the West? I'm not justifying the absurd and inhuman ideology of the terrorists, but nonetheless it is in large part due to a reaction against the historical policy of the Euro-American axis, and the decadence of our present society. Of course the terrorists are beyond dialogue, perhaps there is need for a forceful solution, nonetheless I don't think invading countries in order to install "freedom and democracy" is likely to be anything but counterproductive...

Whatever stupid people with stupid ideologies do, it pales in comparison to the millions killed in Vietnam, the firebombing of agricultural lands in Cambodia to render them infertile, the interventions in Latin America and support for dictatorships if they help US commercial interests. Ok so the UK isn't the US, but it generally follows them in everything.

Justifying your jingoistic Muslim-hating ideology with Bible quotes is an insult to whatever spiritual value is contained in that book. Killing in the name of Jesus is cursing the prophet you claim to adore.

Have a nice day.
I bet he’s a Mossad asset lol. His ideology is the exact opposite of Christianity. All my Christian friends don’t talk like him and @Lisa

In contrast, they’re well educated and we never ever separate because of religion. We sometimes discuss, but always agree on most basic things.

The way they conduct is blaming one certain religion based on false claims made by the media they usually tend to refuse, except when it’s about Islam. Then they believe everything they state.

shankara

Star
I bet he’s a Mossad asset lol. His ideology is the exact opposite of Christianity. All my Christian friends don’t talk like him and @Lisa

In contrast, they’re well educated and we never ever separate because of religion. We sometimes discuss, but always agree on most basic things.

The way they conduct is blaming one certain religion based on false claims made by the media they usually tend to refuse, except when it’s about Islam. Then they believe everything they state.
I don't think so, they would use someone more articulate and capable of putting across arguments which are actually convincing to others. Lisa represents the US "Evangelical" people, unfortunately there are quite a lot of them and they basically think like her. Our new friend here, well unfortunately in the UK there are a lot of quite ignorant patriots with the same kind of attitude.

The Romans idol worship, really did serious damage to Christianity, if truly Jesus was son of god,why was he forsakened at the Cross ?, that he had to cry for help, not from himself ?.

Because wether you believe it or not, the theology behind that is, that as Christ became sin, he was seperated from God, he was not asking for help, to get off the cross, he went to the cross willingly and he was about to die and be relieved from his pain, I'd wager that at that time his suffering was declimatizing, no when he became sin on that cross and God poured out his wrath he no longer felt Gods presence and this is because, Jesus became our sin, and our sin leads to seperation from God, which was the punishment he took, this troubled Jesus more than his pain.

Jesus had 2 natures a human nature and a Godly nature, as he was both.

Dont you think if God expects you to overcome the world, he needs to show you it can be done himself? I do. I think God is a personal being whats more personal than taking on suffering to dwell with your creation, rather than Allah who sends his angels to communicate and barely speaks to anyone at any point, let alone come chill with us.

Tidal

Star
Have you considered maybe that invading Iraq had a lot to do with oil? ....
Were you aware that the thing about WMDs has now been proved to be basically a lie or faulty intelligence?...
Killing in the name of Jesus is cursing the prophet you claim to adore...

1- Yes our western politicians are obsessed with getting their hands on every last drop of oil to make their tanks, bombers and warships GO, because without it they'd have to revert to fighting with sticks and stones again, right General?-

"Ugh"

Mind you, let's not forget private motorists crave the oil too to make their little tin boxes go.
Me, I've never owned or wanted a car so my conscience is quite clear.. :p
Do you drive?

2- WMD's could have been just a couple of flasks of germs capable of wiping out a dozen cities and Saddam could have easily hidden them in a hole out in the desert, or kept them under his bed and the weapon inspectors forgot to look there..:D

3- Don't forget that when they came to arrest Jesus, Peter drew his sword and whacked off the high priest's lackey's ear with it.
Same with muslim terrorists, we say to them-