The egg and God

Lisa

Superstar
The Egg and God

What does the egg have to do with God? Well let me tell you..

Some people don’t believe that God can be a trinity..can be One whilst also being three distinct persons..so we turn to the egg to find out if that can be something that is true.

An egg

serveimage.jpeg
We know this as an egg. The outside of the egg is called the shell but it is still known as an egg as well.

Then you have the inside of the egg...

serveimage_1.jpeg
There’s the egg whites..the white part and the egg yolk..the yellow center. All still being an egg but yet with another distinct part to it...the egg shell.

We know that the egg is still an egg and that it is made up of three distinct parts.
So too is God.

God is one God yet He has three different parts..persons. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit make up one God. How do we know this..well in the Bible we are told that there are three separate parts to God yet God considers Himself One God.

In Genesis 1:26 God said “Let US make man in OUR image, according to OUR likeness.”

What does God mean by that? Is there more than one to God? Earlier in verse 2 we read that God has a Spirit and that the Spirit was moving over the surface of the waters. One God...yet different parts to that God.

In John 1:1 we learn that there is the Word of God that was in the beginning with God and the Word was God. So, again another part to God. How do we know this is Jesus though, God the Son? In John 1:14 we see that the Word became flesh and dwelt among us and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father.

Later in John 3:16 Jesus tells us that God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whomsoever believes on Him shall not perish but have eternal life. Isn’t that what Jesus came to do? Die for sins..

Romans 5:8 God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Jesus tell us in John 10:30 I and the Father are one. And in John 14:26 we are told that the Helper, the Holy Spirit, is the one that the Father will send in Jesus name.

And we see Jesus talking about baptizing people in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit in Matthew 28:19.

Do there happen to be more parts to God...no. The Bible talks about God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit..but that’s the extent of the parts/persons of God. A trinity that people don’t understand..yet in Genesis we are told that God made man in OUR likeness..He is one but three..just like an egg is one but has three parts to it. You can consider it on the whole as an egg or consider each part on its own..it is still an egg. The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit make up One God.

This is the closest I think that we can get to understanding the mystery of God in three persons..as God is higher than we are...He’s God!

Disclaimer: This is not catholic theology, though they push it to their own ends..this is what the Bible actually teaches as true, as stated above.

rainerann

Star
I understand the egg analogy. I don’t agree with it. I have always considered the connection between Jesus and god to be comparable to something molecular like a water molecule is 2 hydrogen plus an oxygen atom, so that can all become connected through a similar molecular process and be one with Christ as well.

however, the main problem that I have with this analogy is how often it is used to determine whether someone is saved or not. This claim is made by people who claim they are not religious even though they promote the acceptance of something that essentially is used to create a social identity. Therefore, making the believer by definition religious because they believe something for the sake of acceptance into a club rather than something that is based on personal experience.

Romans 10:9 says “If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”

now I have done this because I had the experience of being born again that included some degree of trancendence and communication with the Holy Spirit, so this seems like something rational to accept.

from this point, the experience of knowing god is continued in the process of seeking to know him or see him as a result of this ability to communicate through the Holy Spirit.

“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.” Matthew 5:8.

therefore, at no time am I required to accept the doctrine of the trinity if this is not something that god reveals about himself to me through the process of seeking him unless I am seeking external approval.

If I were to paint a picture of this communication through the Holy Spirit, I would use an image of a Milky Way or even water when light is reflecting on it so that it appears as different colors. I would not use an egg at all unless I were to leave this experience behind and become religious, which I think many Christians do at one point or the other because they hit some kind of wall in their ability to understand things spiritually.

this is where meditation would be good, which is a bad word when you have gone in the direction of becoming a religious Christian. However, it is really the same thing as saying you need to rest your mind. The sabbath was made for man and not man for the sabbath (mark 2:27).

I think the hypocrisy of requiring acceptance of the trinity becomes more pronounced when the claim is made that Catholics are not Christians. If anyone adheres to the doctrine of the trinity, it is the Catholic Church, which should automatically guarantee them salvation according to most discussions defending the trinity. Yet, somehow they are still exempt from salvation by many people.

this again demonstrate the religious nature of many people who claim to be Christians because they appear to enjoy picking and choosing the things that determine whether someone is saved or not.

in reality, the definition is a lot looser than the religion of Christianity makes it out to be, and as disappointing as it might be that there is no way to control who can identify as a a Christian may be for many people. It is very difficult to identify who is and who is not Christian in reality because Christianity is a lot more like a process of initiation.

that word also probably scares most of the protestant population, but there is no real protection in isolating a Christian vocabulary. It really does just that, it isolates the Christian community that is supposed to spread the gospel.

and it is much like an initiation process. You can start very small, and grow from there in your own ability to understand things along the way. So the idea that so many people seem to think they can tell other people whether they are saved or not is absolutely stupid.

it is even stupider to think you can tell people they aren’t saved if they don’t accept the doctrine of the trinity which most every person doesn’t learned through first hand experience anyway. It is all derived from the experience of being religious rather than the experience of following Jesus.

Lisa

Superstar
I understand the egg analogy. I don’t agree with it. I have always considered the connection between Jesus and god to be comparable to something molecular like a water molecule is 2 hydrogen plus an oxygen atom, so that can all become connected through a similar molecular process and be one with Christ as well.

however, the main problem that I have with this analogy is how often it is used to determine whether someone is saved or not. This claim is made by people who claim they are not religious even though they promote the acceptance of something that essentially is used to create a social identity. Therefore, making the believer by definition religious because they believe something for the sake of acceptance into a club rather than something that is based on personal experience.

Romans 10:9 says “If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”

now I have done this because I had the experience of being born again that included some degree of trancendence and communication with the Holy Spirit, so this seems like something rational to accept.

from this point, the experience of knowing god is continued in the process of seeking to know him or see him as a result of this ability to communicate through the Holy Spirit.

“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.” Matthew 5:8.

therefore, at no time am I required to accept the doctrine of the trinity if this is not something that god reveals about himself to me through the process of seeking him unless I am seeking external approval.

If I were to paint a picture of this communication through the Holy Spirit, I would use an image of a Milky Way or even water when light is reflecting on it so that it appears as different colors. I would not use an egg at all unless I were to leave this experience behind and become religious, which I think many Christians do at one point or the other because they hit some kind of wall in their ability to understand things spiritually.

this is where meditation would be good, which is a bad word when you have gone in the direction of becoming a religious Christian. However, it is really the same thing as saying you need to rest your mind. The sabbath was made for man and not man for the sabbath (mark 2:27).

I think the hypocrisy of requiring acceptance of the trinity becomes more pronounced when the claim is made that Catholics are not Christians. If anyone adheres to the doctrine of the trinity, it is the Catholic Church, which should automatically guarantee them salvation according to most discussions defending the trinity. Yet, somehow they are still exempt from salvation by many people.

this again demonstrate the religious nature of many people who claim to be Christians because they appear to enjoy picking and choosing the things that determine whether someone is saved or not.

in reality, the definition is a lot looser than the religion of Christianity makes it out to be, and as disappointing as it might be that there is no way to control who can identify as a a Christian may be for many people. It is very difficult to identify who is and who is not Christian in reality because Christianity is a lot more like a process of initiation.

that word also probably scares most of the protestant population, but there is no real protection in isolating a Christian vocabulary. It really does just that, it isolates the Christian community that is supposed to spread the gospel.

and it is much like an initiation process. You can start very small, and grow from there in your own ability to understand things along the way. So the idea that so many people seem to think they can tell other people whether they are saved or not is absolutely stupid.

it is even stupider to think you can tell people they aren’t saved if they don’t accept the doctrine of the trinity which most every person doesn’t learned through first hand experience anyway. It is all derived from the experience of being religious rather than the experience of following Jesus.
What does it mean do you think..to believe Jesus is Lord? Isn’t that believing that Jesus is God...big G?

God does reveal the trinity to everyone who reads the Bible. Jesus is constantly referencing the Father and even says I and the Father are One. Then there’s the disciples/apostles also talking about Jesus as God and that there is a Father. There is also a mention of the Holy Spirit..that like I said we see in Genesis 1:2 with God. Then there is John 1:1-2 that talks about the word..later in John 1:14 we see that the Word who is God became man-Jesus. God is telling us that Jesus is God and part of a trinity that includes the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

I think the egg analogy is very simple to understand and therefore makes God as three in one very simple to understand as well. Even a child can understand that analogy....

Meditation is bad unless you’re talking about thinking about what you’ve just read or learned.

Catholics aren’t Christians. That’s a fact. What do they teach of the trinity? Do they teach that Jesus is God or is he either a baby or dead? If they see a Father, Son and Holy Spirit..whey then do they add the mother to it? Does that still make it a trinity when the mommy gets all the attention from them? I don’t think so. You must get it right..not somewhat right...a little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough don’t ya know?

I don’t think its impossible to figure out who’s a Christian or not..yes people are learning more about God all the time..however, lets say one says I don’t think God still has a chosen people and are against them..aren’t they then against God who in Romans 11:1 says Has God rejected His people...May it never be!! Where through the whole of the NT is talk about God’s Son...Jesus..that also infers that Jesus is God doesn’t it..His only begotten Son. If one says you are a Christian and then decided to ignore what God says is true..than can they really say they’re a Christian? But people do. They are like Cain..bringing to God what they think God should accept then Abel...bringing to God what He says is good.

Christianity is still a religion in that people worship God..they have a personal relationship with Him...but they still worship Him all the same.

Even Jesus tells us in Matthew 7:13-14
Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.
This suggests that there is indeed a small and narrow reading of the Bible that is correct..that club you were talking about. You must get it right and the right way is the narrowest way of all. Like I said, a little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough...you want to make sure that you get it right..or maybe you’re not in the club?

If you haven’t learned that Jesus is God in the beginning..then I wonder how you can be saved. Man doesn’t save..but God does. Jesus can save because He is also God, He can forgive sins because He is also God and He can do all the miracles because He is also God. There is proof if one looks and its right there to be seen...God doesn’t hide the truth..but man does.

rainerann

Star
What does it mean do you think..to believe Jesus is Lord? Isn’t that believing that Jesus is God...big G?

God does reveal the trinity to everyone who reads the Bible. Jesus is constantly referencing the Father and even says I and the Father are One. Then there’s the disciples/apostles also talking about Jesus as God and that there is a Father. There is also a mention of the Holy Spirit..that like I said we see in Genesis 1:2 with God. Then there is John 1:1-2 that talks about the word..later in John 1:14 we see that the Word who is God became man-Jesus. God is telling us that Jesus is God and part of a trinity that includes the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

I think the egg analogy is very simple to understand and therefore makes God as three in one very simple to understand as well. Even a child can understand that analogy....

Meditation is bad unless you’re talking about thinking about what you’ve just read or learned.

Catholics aren’t Christians. That’s a fact. What do they teach of the trinity? Do they teach that Jesus is God or is he either a baby or dead? If they see a Father, Son and Holy Spirit..whey then do they add the mother to it? Does that still make it a trinity when the mommy gets all the attention from them? I don’t think so. You must get it right..not somewhat right...a little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough don’t ya know?

I don’t think its impossible to figure out who’s a Christian or not..yes people are learning more about God all the time..however, lets say one says I don’t think God still has a chosen people and are against them..aren’t they then against God who in Romans 11:1 says Has God rejected His people...May it never be!! Where through the whole of the NT is talk about God’s Son...Jesus..that also infers that Jesus is God doesn’t it..His only begotten Son. If one says you are a Christian and then decided to ignore what God says is true..than can they really say they’re a Christian? But people do. They are like Cain..bringing to God what they think God should accept then Abel...bringing to God what He says is good.

Christianity is still a religion in that people worship God..they have a personal relationship with Him...but they still worship Him all the same.

Even Jesus tells us in Matthew 7:13-14
Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.
This suggests that there is indeed a small and narrow reading of the Bible that is correct..that club you were talking about. You must get it right and the right way is the narrowest way of all. Like I said, a little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough...you want to make sure that you get it right..or maybe you’re not in the club?

If you haven’t learned that Jesus is God in the beginning..then I wonder how you can be saved. Man doesn’t save..but God does. Jesus can save because He is also God, He can forgive sins because He is also God and He can do all the miracles because He is also God. There is proof if one looks and its right there to be seen...God doesn’t hide the truth..but man does.
It means that Jesus has authority. I think the egg analogy is old fashioned and a little bit like saying the world is flat.

I also knew you would say that about Catholics, which clearly shows that you are a controlling hypocrite and no one should take you seriously.

You basically are hoping to pick and choose who is saved based on your own biased opinion. It is disturbing, but I’m grateful to have been here for the time I have to really see the masks come off of the people that I have been associating with for so long.

any club that you are part of Lisa, I am going to pick the opposite one.

Lisa

Superstar
It means that Jesus has authority. I think the egg analogy is old fashioned and a little bit like saying the world is flat.

I also knew you would say that about Catholics, which clearly shows that you are a controlling hypocrite and no one should take you seriously.

You basically are hoping to pick and choose who is saved based on your own biased opinion. It is disturbing, but I’m grateful to have been here for the time I have to really see the masks come off of the people that I have been associating with for so long.

any club that you are part of Lisa, I am going to pick the opposite one.
No it means that He is Lord..He is God.

The egg analogy is simple and anyone..even children can understand it..its that simple.

How does exposing catholicism make me a controlling hypocrite? I think people should think on what I‘ve said and search the scriptures to see if it is so.

Nope! Not picking and choosing on who’s saved at all..but I do know that like with Cain and Abel..God has one way that’s correct and the rest aren’t. Even God tells Cain...if you do it right you will be accepted and Cain wouldn’t do it God’s way...He wanted to come to God on His own terms...the world often thinks like Cain and not many think like Abel who accepted God’s way. That in essence is what Jesus was talking about when He mentioned the narrow and broad ways isn’t it? It’s not me that says there is a narrow way..it is Jesus Himself.

You should really think about picking the opposite club...but then again, you’ve been in it so long already...

rainerann

Star
No it means that He is Lord..He is God.

The egg analogy is simple and anyone..even children can understand it..its that simple.

How does exposing catholicism make me a controlling hypocrite? I think people should think on what I‘ve said and search the scriptures to see if it is so.

Nope! Not picking and choosing on who’s saved at all..but I do know that like with Cain and Abel..God has one way that’s correct and the rest aren’t. Even God tells Cain...if you do it right you will be accepted and Cain wouldn’t do it God’s way...He wanted to come to God on His own terms...the world often thinks like Cain and not many think like Abel who accepted God’s way. That in essence is what Jesus was talking about when He mentioned the narrow and broad ways isn’t it? It’s not me that says there is a narrow way..it is Jesus Himself.

You should really think about picking the opposite club...but then again, you’ve been in it so long already...
The egg analogy is simple. However, it contains the idea of God within a shell. If the Trinity resembles an egg, how do people make a connection to this then?

"that all of them may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I am in You. May they also be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me." John 17:21

How does this work with an egg analogy?

Either way, the Catholic believes this and by your definition of who is saved, they are saved as a result. Hate to break it to you and your snide little comment about me not being saved for a long time was noticed and expected. That is what I have seen so many like yourself do around here for so long. Yes, I would rather be on the side of the ones who are being bullied by your type of Christian. Yes, that is the club that I would rather be in.

The egg analogy is simple. However, it contains the idea of God within a shell. If the Trinity resembles an egg, how do people make a connection to this then?

"that all of them may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I am in You. May they also be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me." John 17:21

Either way, the Catholic believes this and by your definition of who is saved, they are saved as a result. Hate to break it to you and your snide little comment about me not being saved for a long time was noticed and expected. That is what I have seen so many like yourself do around here for so long. Yes, I would rather be on the side of the ones who are being bullied by your type of Christian. Yes, that is the club that I would rather be in.
I commend you on trying to talk some sense into Lisa, but we all know by now that it's not going to work. On the upside, we can all see how long-term self-isolation is NOT a good thing. Lisa's posts appear to be living proof of that. :D

Social interaction is needed to be a caring and compassionate human being.

Lisa

Superstar

I thought you said that you understood the analogy? Now you don’t?

Perhaps you should reread my op..but slower this time?

I’ve already told you why I think the catholic isn’t saved...while they might believe in a Father, Son and Holy Spirit..they dump all three for the mommy, Mary...which isn’t Biblical.

What snide comment? You aren’t playing for the same side..you even admit to it...I was just agreeing with you.

I would then say that you might be hearing Jesus words about how He never knew you. Again...I am not the one who originally said that there is a narrow way and few that find it...that was Jesus Himself but I believe it. One must come to God on His terms and believe what He says...not just make up things that they can live with and call themselves Christians after that. It didn’t work with Cain and it won’t work with us.

Lisa

Superstar
I commend you on trying to talk some sense into Lisa, but we all know by now that it's not going to work. On the upside, we can all see how long-term self-isolation is NOT a good thing. Lisa's posts appear to be living proof of that. :D

Social interaction is needed to be a caring and compassionate human being.
I do have social interaction, so I’m not sure what your’e talking about there.

One thing I would stress is that truth matters..if you can’t take the truth then you will be offended no matter how its put to you.

I do have social interaction, so I’m not sure what your’e talking about there.

One thing I would stress is that truth matters..if you can’t take the truth then you will be offended no matter how its put to you.
If you do have social interaction, my guess is it's not healthy in any way, shape or form. You don't care or concern yourself about people who suffer or are in adverse conditions, you never did.

What you're posting is nothing new to these boards, as you've shown us who you are in your heart and soul, time and time again. I highly doubt anything you post will change that.

Lisa

Superstar
If you do have social interaction, my guess is it's not healthy in any way, shape or form. You don't care or concern yourself about people who suffer or are in adverse conditions, you never did.

What you're posting is nothing new to these boards, as you've shown us who you are in your heart and soul, time and time again. I highly doubt anything you post will change that.
What is a healthy relationship in your thinking?

I do care about many people..I have also been in adverse condition and have suffered myself so I know how people feel..yet I also feel that God is the way out of those situations...and the way out is not to enable but empower someone to change.

I guess it’s all in the way you look at things...I don’t see where I’m hurtful or hateful of anyone here..though I get attacked constantly for my views..I am willing to continue to talk kindly to all.

How come God didn’t say anything Himself about being 3-1? How come God said no one is beside Him then send Jesus to say he’s at the right hand of God? The trinity never has and never will make sense with the OT. The Creator is described as One and One alone in the OT, while the god of the NT becomes 3-1.No amount of mumbo jumbo will change that

How come God didn’t say anything Himself about being 3-1? How come God said no one is beside Him then send Jesus to say he’s at the right hand of God? The trinity never has and never will make sense with the OT. The Creator is described as One and One alone in the OT, while the god of the NT becomes 3-1.No amount of mumbo jumbo will change that
Yep and the books of Deuteronomy and Isaiah alone (not counting the rest of the Tanakh which is just the same message) states very conclusively and without any room of misinterpretation:

"To you it was shown that you might know that the LORD, He is God; there is no other besides Him. (Deuteronomy 4:35)

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. (Deuteronomy 6:4-6)

'See now that I, I am He, And there is no god besides Me; It is I who put to death and give life I have wounded and it is I who heal, And there is no one who can deliver from My hand. (Deuteronomy 32:39)

For thus says the Lord, who created the heavens, he is God!, who formed the earth and made it, he established it;

he did not create it a chaos, he formed it to be inhabited! “I am the Lord, and there is no other (Isaiah 45:18)

“Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other. By myself I have sworn, from my mouth has gone forth in righteousness a word that shall not return: To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.’ (Isaiah 45:22)

To whom can you compare Me Or declare Me similar? To whom can you liken Me, So that we seem comparable? (Isaiah 46:5)

Bear in mind what happened of old; For I am God, and there is none else, I am divine, and there is none like Me. (Isaiah 46:9)

For the sake of My name I control My wrath; To My own glory, I am patient with you, And I will not destroy you. See, I refine you, but not as silver; I test you in the furnace of affliction. For My sake, My own sake, do I act— Lest [My name] be dishonored! I will not give My glory to another. Listen to Me, O Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am He—I am the first, And I am the last as well. My own hand founded the earth, My right hand spread out the skies. I call unto them, let them stand up. (Isaiah 48:9-13)

You dont seem to understand that Gods revelation of who he was unfolded over time.

You dont seem to understand that Gods revelation of who he was unfolded over time.
“For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed." (Malachi 3:6)

The eternal God is your dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms. And he thrust out the enemy before you and said, Destroy. (Deuteronomy 33:27)

Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. (Isaiah 40:28)

"You are My witnesses," declares the LORD, "And My servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and believe Me And understand that I am He Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me. (Isaiah 43:10)

“This is my name forever, the name you shall call me from generation to generation." (Exodus 3:15)

"Of old You founded the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. "Even they will perish, but You endure; And all of them will wear out like a garment; Like clothing You will change them and they will be changed. "But You are the same, And Your years will not come to an end. (Psalm 102:25-27)

rainerann

Star
I thought you said that you understood the analogy? Now you don’t?

Perhaps you should reread my op..but slower this time?

I’ve already told you why I think the catholic isn’t saved...while they might believe in a Father, Son and Holy Spirit..they dump all three for the mommy, Mary...which isn’t Biblical.

What snide comment? You aren’t playing for the same side..you even admit to it...I was just agreeing with you.

I would then say that you might be hearing Jesus words about how He never knew you. Again...I am not the one who originally said that there is a narrow way and few that find it...that was Jesus Himself but I believe it. One must come to God on His terms and believe what He says...not just make up things that they can live with and call themselves Christians after that. It didn’t work with Cain and it won’t work with us.
So I reread your op just to be sure that I didn't miss something. So as I thought, I understood your analogy. You don't seem to be able to understand how I am showing that this is an insufficient analogy because it lacks the complexity to integrate the information in the verse that I quoted.

Basically, you are admitting that there is no way to include this verse in your analogy and it is therefore insufficient according to your own standards.

Veneration of Mary, praying to Mary, having imaginary tea parties with the mother of God, is not a legitimate reason to label someone as being unsaved. That is based on your own preference and exercise of your own religious freedom to basically make up a version of Christianity that you like the best out of thin air. Your version of Christianity is not something that can be legitimately supported by any sort of sola scriptural perspective.

You are forming judgments in places that the Bible remains silent and everything you are saying about this justifying your belief that Catholics aren't saved can be considered extra-biblical information.