The egg and God

Lisa

Superstar
I think the underlying problem with the egg analogy is its too simple. We all know what an egg is from childhood and have been taught how it has three parts but is one egg..from childhood.

If you say I’m right..then that means you are wrong..and if you are wrong about this..what else are ya wrong about in regards to God...so I didn’t make it complicated enough to muddy the waters on what I meant..I went for a straight and simple answer. Its ok, to be wrong about God...
Proverbs‬ ‭11:2‬ ‭
When pride comes, then comes dishonor, But with the humble is wisdom.​
‭‭

I didn’t want to be deliberately argumentative on that point @AspiringSoul but the date you picked out was only one of those proposed (other dates include the 70 year gap) but in the end you are welcome to believe the sources you choose to.
i pointed out that if you;re inc the actual 70 yr exile, then it ended in 518bc, not 536bc. If you go from 518 and do your calculations, it takes you to a different date, not 1948.
I also questioned why you would think the entire lifetime of Jesus on earth, came inside the same timeframe you considered 'God's punishment x7'? afterall that punishmentx7 is only applicable when the nation of Israel or jews REFUSE to be corrected, refuse seeking forgiveness etc. However we know from, for example, the maccabean revolt era, the entire nation was seeking forgiveness (you can read the 2 books of maccabees). In the book of Daniel this period was also foretold.

This is not about egos man. You didnt like that i used Rev 11's number to justify the islamic position. I get that...but i only went down that road to prove a point. The existence of 'gentiles trampling' over the outer court, is blatantly fulfilled by islam. it makes perfect sense since islam/Mohammad are through Ismael and God already made the promise to make ismael a great nation.
So for me, i can easily see justification for islam through scripture and it adds up perfectly in terms of the numbers. i've proven that literally. it isnt even up for debate.

i'm not anti israel (as in, jacob). The Quran Surah 17 verse 103 and some earlier verses in the same chapter make it clear that Allah can show MERCY to the jews ANYTIME HE WILLS. Verse 103 itself IS a reference to the promise of end times messianic israel.
So im not against that idea. I disagree with your arguments/the lack of logic used etc.
For me, messianic israel is through Jesus. ANYTHING BEFORE THAT has the anti-christ signature all over it.
Rev 11 tells us 'sodom and egypt'.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
The nicene creed is from the catholic church. if you argue 'but it's older than that' it still has it's roots in the catholic church...and it was interpreted in various ways. The nicene creed, which you fully believe in, is entirely catholic.

you believe Jesus is fully God, in the flesh, fully, Absolutely in all sense, God.
Mary gave birth to him...
what does that make mary?
logic..it makes her the mother of GOD.

if you say it doesnt..and argue that Jesus wasnt God in the flesh, then you're blatantly contradicting your own beliefs as and when it suits you.

An egg is it's entirety..you cannot seperate the parts..otherwise it's no longer an egg.
an egg yolk can't do what an egg white can..
your belief is that Jesus is fully God and can do whatever he likes without any need of the Father and Holy Spirit.
it makes no sense why the trinity is even necessary since they can all perform the same functions and are equally as powerful and fully God in their own right.

you dont know what Immanence means.....
Every atom is animated by God's power...would you agree with that? eg no atom can exist without God.
So God is Immanent on every level of existence regardless of their quality/function.
it's just some things are impersonal and some are personal (this is subjective). Are you at least capable of perceiving God's Immanence in a tree, for example? it isnt that hard.
The holy spirit in man, that's God's Immanence in an individual person..and personal. That doesnt exclude God's Immanence in everything else inc the impersonal.
I thought you were talking about the egg analogy...haha!

The trinity is in the Bible...its older that the catholic church.

Yes, Mary is the mother of God..but she isn’t God she is human because Jesus, God the Son also had to be human to fulfill the law.

An egg with separate parts is still an egg...we call it an egg shell, egg yolk and egg whites.

I already said that the parts of the egg have different roles.

If you are trying to say that God is in every one...than no He’s not..but He did have a hand in creating everyone.
Psalms‬ ‭139:13‬ ‭
For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb.​

He created everything but He isn’t in everything the way you are acting...His Word is power on its own and He gave creation its own laws that it abides by.

‭‭

I think the underlying problem with the egg analogy is its too simple. We all know what an egg is from childhood and have been taught how it has three parts but is one egg..from childhood.

If you say I’m right..then that means you are wrong..and if you are wrong about this..what else are ya wrong about in regards to God...so I didn’t make it complicated enough to muddy the waters on what I meant..I went for a straight and simple answer. Its ok, to be wrong about God...
Proverbs‬ ‭11:2‬ ‭
When pride comes, then comes dishonor, But with the humble is wisdom.​
‭‭

an egg yolk, an egg shell, an egg white
are 3 parts of an egg. However they are not 'fully coequals in egg-hood'

a chick cannot be born without all 3 together.
the doctrine you believe in says the 3 are all fully/co equals in Godhead. that means the Son has the same knowledge and power of The Father.
'co equals' means they're exactly the same, same level of power and ability etc.
that's just total bs and contradicts the bible, yet you believe in this rubbish.

I thought you were talking about the egg analogy...haha!

The trinity is in the Bible...its older that the catholic church.

Yes, Mary is the mother of God..but she isn’t God she is human because Jesus, God the Son also had to be human to fulfill the law.

An egg with separate parts is still an egg...we call it an egg shell, egg yolk and egg whites.

I already said that the parts of the egg have different roles.

If you are trying to say that God is in every one...than no He’s not..but He did have a hand in creating everyone.
Psalms‬ ‭139:13‬ ‭
For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb.​

He created everything but He isn’t in everything the way you are acting...His Word is power on its own and He gave creation its own laws that it abides by.

‭‭
ugh
'Jesus is FULLY GOD IN THE FLESH'
followed by
'no he was human to fulfill the law'

your version makes no sense. my version asserts that Jesus was a human, in whom the Logos/Son, was incarnate.
If Jesus is fully God in the flesh, then by logic the one giving birth to him must also be God. a human isnt going to give birth to God.
the only way this makes sense is when you accept and understand the concetp of God's Immanence.

The last part..
if He created everything, He is the underlying CAUSE and hence nothing is free from God's power.
if God's power is in something, that is to say God is Immanent in that thing.
that's all it means.

Lisa

Superstar
an egg yolk, an egg shell, an egg white
are 3 parts of an egg. However they are not 'fully coequals in egg-hood'

a chick cannot be born without all 3 together.
the doctrine you believe in says the 3 are all fully/co equals in Godhead. that means the Son has the same knowledge and power of The Father.
'co equals' means they're exactly the same, same level of power and ability etc.
that's just total bs and contradicts the bible, yet you believe in this rubbish.
Those three things make up an egg...one egg. With God..the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit make up One God.

It doesn’t matter about the chic being born or anything else..what matters is that there is an egg shell, and egg white and an egg yolk and they all make up one egg. So It is with God. One God, the Father , the Son and the Holy Spirit. That’s the analogy.

I said that they have different roles. So does an egg. The egg shell can’t do the same thing as the yolk and the whites...it wasn’t meant to. The whites and the yolk sometimes work together but they can easily work apart because they have different roles to play. The same with God. The Father, the Creator has a different role in the trinity than the Son, the Redeemer and the Holy Spirit the Helper..but they are still One God.

Lisa

Superstar
ugh
'Jesus is FULLY GOD IN THE FLESH'
followed by
'no he was human to fulfill the law'

your version makes no sense. my version asserts that Jesus was a human, in whom the Logos/Son, was incarnate.
If Jesus is fully God in the flesh, then by logic the one giving birth to him must also be God. a human isnt going to give birth to God.
the only way this makes sense is when you accept and understand the concetp of God's Immanence.

The last part..
if He created everything, He is the underlying CAUSE and hence nothing is free from God's power.
if God's power is in something, that is to say God is Immanent in that thing.
that's all it means.
He was God in the flesh...He came from heaven fully God, then He was born a baby..half God and half human. He fulfilled the law, was killed, rose again and now He sits at the right hand of the Father waiting for His return. Pretty simple to understand actually.

The one who begot Him is God the person who gave birth and which He took on the human side from is Mary the mom of Jesus.

God’s power works because He is the one who made everything...He isn’t a micro manager over creation...He doesn’t have to be...the seasons work not because He’s in it..they work because He created them to.

Lisa

Superstar
half man half God.
Philippians 2:5-8
Have this attitude in yourself which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, he humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.​

Haich

Superstar
That's new.

Half man, half God, born of a human. But came down from heaven as a God??

Never heard a Christian say that before. They usually say God was fully human on earth and dependent on The Father.

Lisa

Superstar
That's new.

Never heard a Christian say that before. They usually say God was fully human on earth and dependent on The Father.
I’m sure a Christian would say that Jesus was God and man..my point by the way with the half human, half God.

Kung Fu

Superstar
Its still part of an egg...

Mai oui!
Looks like you really do have a reading comprehension. What part of "separated" don't you understand? Again, if the yolk is SEPARATED from the egg white are they still one with the original egg while being SEPARATED? YES OR NO?

If God is the literal father of Jesus how did God impregnate Mary?

Kung Fu

Superstar
That's new.

The more she opens her mouth the more you realize how pagan her beliefs seems to be. What's the difference between Jesus and Hercules from a Christian point of view?