The egg and God

Lisa

Superstar
If you're referring to the "US" verses then that doesnt answer my question. God using "US" in three places in the whole OT while using "I, ME, MINE, MYSELF" etc... the rest of the time doesnt prove that He's three in one. Im not even sure how someone using "us" can also be 1.

But even if I believed He was referring to Hisself (or would it be They were referring to theirselves?), going by the OT, how do I know its not 2-in-1? 3-in-1? The Hindu 33,000,000(+)-in-1? He doesnt ever specify to Moses, Abraham, Noah, David or anyone else He actually directly talked to (unlike Paul for instance) that He's 3-in-1.. Tying the NT onto the OT is like tying the Quran onto the NT. To believe the Quran, you'd have to ignore some things the NT says (or didnt say). Same with the NT in regards to the OT..
Why would God talk about Himself ever as Us or Our if He is only One? In the NT He is God the Father, God the Son, Jesus and God the Holy Spirit. When Jesus talks about Himself, He is also mentioning the Father and He also talks about sending the Holy Spirit. Meaning that they are together.

Also in the Op I mention how in Genesis we see the Holy Spirit and in John we find out about how Jesus is the Word who was with God and is God. Which is also how we know there is only 3 in 1. Did you not even read the op?

The NT and the OT are all part of God’s Word and they the OT is referencing Jesus and the NT also references many scriptures in its writings. The books are both the work and will of God..

‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭3:16-17‬ ‭
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.​

Why would God talk about Himself ever as Us or Our if He is only One?
You cant prove if He was talking to Himself or to angels, or any other entity. That was the point.

In the NT He is God the Father, God the Son, Jesus and God the Holy Spirit.
Now show me that in the OT? You cant.

Also in the Op I mention how in Genesis we see the Holy Spirit and in John we find out about how Jesus is the Word who was with God and is God. Which is also how we know there is only 3 in 1. Did you not even read the op?

The NT and the OT are all part of God’s Word and they the OT is referencing Jesus and the NT also references many scriptures in its writings. The books are both the work and will of God..

‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭3:16-17‬ ‭
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.​
I read your OP. I just pointed out you cant prove the things you believe using the OT. Only the NT. You know your God is 3-in-1 because of the NT, not the OT. Im sure I can find a bible+quran book. That doesnt mean they go together just because some man/men binded them together.

And when Paul wrote that in 2 Timothy you think he was talking about his letters to Timothy? Titus? The 4 gospels he hadnt even read yet?

Aero

Superstar
What do you mean I’m not a try hard? I was just making this super easy to understand...I think I succeeded.
Lol, Urban Dictionary is your friend.

Try-Hard - "Somebody whose effort level and emotional investment are excessively high for the level of play in which they are competing."

Maybe you have this completely nailed from an emotional perspective. I really don't know. The concept seems to be lost on me though. Figure out how to compare God to a nuclear bomb or something, and I'll probably be mystified.

Lisa

Superstar
Lol, Urban Dictionary is your friend.

Try-Hard - "Somebody whose effort level and emotional investment are excessively high for the level of play in which they are competing."

Maybe you have this completely nailed from an emotional perspective. I really don't know. The concept seems to be lost on me though. Figure out how to compare God to a nuclear bomb or something, and I'll probably be mystified.
I figured you’d be happy to let me know what you meant..and I was right.

The egg analogy is too simple for you? Lol..ok.

Lisa

Superstar
You cant prove if He was talking to Himself or to angels, or any other entity. That was the point.
Why would God be talking to Himself or angels? He’s talking about how He made man...and He’s using a plural to describe Himself. He’s giving us..which is why it’s written down for us..a history of how we came to be.

Now show me that in the OT? You cant.
I am able to use both the OT and the NT...why would I need to use only one? They are meant to be together not seperate.

I read your OP. I just pointed out you cant prove the things you believe using the OT. Only the NT. You know your God is 3-in-1 because of the NT, not the OT. Im sure I can find a bible+quran book. That doesnt mean they go together just because some man/men binded them together.
Paul tells us the Bible is God’s inspired Word...all of it. It’s not the Bible and the quran...just the Bible.

Yahda

Veteran
Just a few things: There are two stories of creation in Genesis ( maybe even three). One took place before the 7 days of creation were complete. This creation was “created”. Adam was FORMED in the Genesis 2, after the 7 days of creation.

Genesis 1:26- Let us make man in OUR image. The question is, who is OUR ?

The only clues given in regard this “image” and “OUR” was “male & FEMALE”.

Proverbs 8:1- Does not wisdom cry out,
And understanding lift up HER voice?
2 SHE takes her stand on the top of the high hill,
Beside the way, where the paths meet.....v22
“The Lord possessed me at the beginning of His way,
Before His works of old.
23I have been established from everlasting,
From the beginning, before there was ever an earth.
24When there were no depths I was brought forth,
When there were no fountains abounding with water.
25Before the mountains were settled,
Before the hills, I was brought forth;
26While as yet He had not made the earth or the fields,
Or the primal dust of the world.
27When He prepared the heavens, I was there,
When He drew a circle on the face of the deep,
28When He established the clouds above,
When He strengthened the fountains of the deep,
29When He assigned to the sea its limit,
So that the waters would not transgress His command,
When He marked out the foundations of the earth,
30Then I was beside Him as a master craftsman;....

So in regard to OUR in Genesis 1:26 you have MALE & FEMALE.

In proverbs 8 it tells us that wisdom was there in the beginning, also referenced as a SHE/Female.

Moving on to Genesis 2:7 (after the initial 7 days of creation) this is where Adam was FORMED (not created) out of dust & placed in the garden. God blew the breath of life into him.

Christian often get this confused. There is nothing in the OT that points to a savior sun/son. There just isn’t.

As far as Jews go, Jew is short for JUDAH. So how the New Testament Jews came about is beyond me. There are 12 tribes and Judah is only one of the 12. What happened to the other 11 ? Hell what happened to the 12 because something tells me the Jews spoken of in the NT have nothing to do with JUDAH of the OT.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Just a few things: There are two stories of creation in Genesis ( maybe even three). One took place before the 7 days of creation were complete. This creation was “created”

Let us make man in OUR image. The question is who is OUR ?

The only clues given in regard this “image” and “OUR” was “male & FEMALE”.

Proverbs 8:1- Does not wisdom cry out,
And understanding lift up HER voice?
2 SHE takes her stand on the top of the high hill,
Beside the way, where the paths meet.....v22
“The Lord possessed me at the beginning of His way,
Before His works of old.
23I have been established from everlasting,
From the beginning, before there was ever an earth.
24When there were no depths I was brought forth,
When there were no fountains abounding with water.
25Before the mountains were settled,
Before the hills, I was brought forth;
26While as yet He had not made the earth or the fields,
Or the primal dust of the world.
27When He prepared the heavens, I was there,
When He drew a circle on the face of the deep,
28When He established the clouds above,
When He strengthened the fountains of the deep,
29When He assigned to the sea its limit,
So that the waters would not transgress His command,
When He marked out the foundations of the earth,
30Then I was beside Him as a master craftsman;....

So in regard to OUR in Genesis 1:26 you have MALE & FEMALE.

In proverbs 8 it tells us that wisdom was there in the beginning, also referenced as a SHE/Female.

Moving on to Genesis 2:7 (after the initial 7 days of creation) this is where Adam was FORMED (not created) out of dust & placed in the garden.

Christian often get this confused. There is nothing in the OT that points to a savior sun/son. There just isn’t.

As far as Jews go, Jew is short for JUDAH. So how the New Testament Jews came about is beyond me. There are 12 tribes and Judah is only one of the 12. What happened to the other 11 ? Hell what happened to the 12 because something tells me the Jews spoken of in the NT have nothing to do with JUDAH of the OT.
No, the Our is not male and female. God does not say let Us make man and woman in Our image..just the man.

Genesis‬ ‭1:26‬ ‭
Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness.”
‭‭
Later..God brings man animals to name and see if man could find a helper since he was lonely...but it was not to be.

Genesis‬ ‭2:18-20‬ ‭
Then the LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name. The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him.

So, God then God fashioned woman for man...but it was the man who named her woman because she came from man. God isn’t saying that shes
Genesis‬ ‭2:21-23‬ ‭
So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place. The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. The man said, “This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.”
‭‭​
We’ve been over Isaiah 53 before.

Jews mean all God’s chosen people now.

No, the Our is not male and female. God does not say let Us make man and woman in Our image..just the man.

Lol!

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
(Genesis 1:27)

Yahda

Veteran

‭‭
Later..God brings man animals to name and see if man could find a helper since he was lonely...but it was not to be.

Genesis‬ ‭2:18-20‬ ‭
Then the LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name. The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him.

So, God then God fashioned woman for man...but it was the man who named her woman because she came from man. God isn’t saying that shes
Genesis‬ ‭2:21-23‬ ‭
So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place. The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. The man said, “This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.”
‭‭​
We’ve been over Isaiah 53 before.

Jews mean all God’s chosen people now.
You are dealing with two different creations. Which is why in Genesis 1 man was made in our image male and female. The second creation the woman came later.

There are many differences. For example what was given to them in regard to subjection of the sea and fruit of the tree... but I simply didn’t feel like getting into that. That’s an OP in itself.

You also have to remember that when Adam was kicked out of the garden there was a creation that already existed outside of the garden. The man that was created. Not Adam the man that was formed & placed in the garden.

However Lisa I don’t plan on going back and forth with you. I just posted to give others insight. They can decide for themselves.

The are so many things that I could point out in Genesis that I wouldn’t know where to start. Genesis is mind blowing.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Lol!

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
(Genesis 1:27)
Genesis‬ ‭1:27‬ ‭
God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.​
‭‭

Lisa

Superstar
You are dealing with two different creations. Which is why in Genesis 1 man was made in our image male and female. The second creation the woman came later.

There are many differences. For example what was given to them in regard to subjection of the sea and fruit of the tree... but I simply didn’t feel like getting into that. That’s an OP in itself.

You also have to remember that when Adam was kicked out of the garden there was a creation that already existed outside of the garden. The man that was created. Not Adam the man that was formed & placed in the garden.

However Lisa I don’t plan on going back and forth with you. I just posted to give others insight. They can decide for themselves.

The are so many things that I could point out in Genesis that I wouldn’t know where to start. Genesis is mind blowing.
I’m sure you could point out all the wrong things anyway...

I thought you said that God made them in Our image male and female?

So..there are two Adams?

Aero

Superstar
I figured you’d be happy to let me know what you meant..and I was right.

The egg analogy is too simple for you? Lol..ok.
The Japanese language is pretty simple for someone from Japan too. But that doesn't mean I know wtf they are saying.

Simplicity doesn't equal practicality. You are saying people don't believe in the Trinity so here's a picture of an egg. Which would be fine if you backed that up with some kind of metaphysical argument. But you didn't. You just made this sketchy comparison and tied it to scripture taken out of context.

Lisa

Superstar
The Japanese language is pretty simple for someone from Japan too. But that doesn't mean I know wtf they are saying.

Simplicity doesn't equal practicality. You are saying people don't believe in the Trinity so here's a picture of an egg. Which would be fine if you backed that up with some kind of metaphysical argument. But you didn't. You just made this sketchy comparison and tied it to scripture taken out of context.
It wasn’t sketchy. An egg which is one also is known by its other names which are egg shell, egg yolk and egg white. Rather the same with God. One God which is all three persons.. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

Why would you need any kind of metaphysical argument when that is so easy a child can understand it?

Aero

Superstar
It wasn’t sketchy. An egg which is one also is known by its other names which are egg shell, egg yolk and egg white. Rather the same with God. One God which is all three persons.. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

Why would you need any kind of metaphysical argument when that is so easy a child can understand it?
Because things have a cause and meaning beyond their appearance. This is like you pointing to an Elephant and saying, look yall, the Elephant is big!

We know Elephants are big, just like we know the structure of an Egg. What is unclear is why, or how an egg is in any way connected to God. And I've looked at the scripture you have cited like 3 times. It simply doesn't support what you are saying without serious leaps in logic or a huge suspension of meaning.

Lisa

Superstar
Because things have a cause and meaning beyond their appearance. This is like you pointing to an Elephant and saying, look yall, the Elephant is big!

We know Elephants are big, just like we know the structure of an Egg. What is unclear is why, or how an egg is in any way connected to God. And I've looked at the scripture you have cited like 3 times. It simply doesn't support what you are saying without serious leaps in logic or a huge suspension of meaning.
It’s an analogy...
anal·o·gy
\ə-ˈna-lə-jē\
noun
  • : a comparison of two things based on their being alike in some way
  • : the act of comparing two things that are alike in someway

Which scripture has you befuddled?

Lisa

Superstar
What’s an elephants cause and meaning beyond being big?

Kung Fu

Superstar

I replied on page 4 to how stupid your egg analogy was and you haven't responded to it yet.

Lisa

Superstar
I replied on page 4 to how stupid your egg analogy was and you haven't responded to it yet.
You need some attention today? Hi Kung Fu! How are you buddy? I hope you are doing fantastic in Canada with your wife. Have any kids yet? How’s the weather? Happy? :)