The egg and God

Lisa

Superstar
Yolk is yolk and a shell is a shell. If the yolk was still an egg there would be no need to call it a yolk but that's beside the point. Again if the yolk is separated from the shell are they still one?

If they're three persons are they still one?
They came from one egg...you still know they are from an egg...what’s your point in continuously asking me the same question over and over again?

Kung Fu

Superstar
They came from one egg...you still know they are from an egg...what’s your point in continuously asking me the same question over and over again?
You're not answering my question and I know you know why. Stop being disingenuous and act like a real Christian. Once they're SEPARATED are they still that one egg? Easy question. Yes or no?

@Lisa

The article:

Easter and the "SUN Worship" Connection!

Each Friday, many Catholics abstain from meat--substituting fish in its place--supposedly in remembrance of the Friday crucifixion. Roman Catholics in the United States are no longer required by their church to abstain from meat on Fridays (as formerly)--except during Lent--nevertheless many still follow the custom of fish on Friday.

Certainly the Scriptures never associate fish with Friday. On the other hand, the word "Friday" comes from the name of "Freya", who was regarded as the goddess of peace, joy, and FERTILITY, the symbol of her fertility being the FISH. From very early times the fish was a symbol of fertility among the Chinese, Assyrians, Phoenicians, the Babylonians, and others. The word "fish" comes from dag which implies increase or fertility 12 and with good reason. A single cod fish annually spawns upwards of 9,000,000 eggs; the flounder 1,000,000; the sturgeon 700,000; the perch 400,000; the mackeral 500,000; the herring 10,000, etc.

The goddess of sexual fertility among the Romans was called Venus. It is from her name that our word "veneral" (as in veneral disease), has come. Friday was regarded as her sacred day because it was believed that the planet
Venus ruled the first hour of Friday and thus was called dies Veneris. And-to make the significance complete-the fish was also regarded as being sacred to her. The accompanying illustration as seen in Ancient SUN Worship and Modern Christian Symbolism shows the goddess Venus with her symbol, the fish.

The fish was regarded as sacred to Ashtoreth, the name under which the Israelites Worshiped the SUN Worship goddess. In ancient Egypt, Isis was sometimes represented with a fish on her head, as seen in the accompanying illustration. Considering that Friday was named after the goddess of sexual fertility, Friday being her sacred day, and the fish her symbol, it seems like more than a mere coincidence that Catholics have been taught that Friday is a day of abstinence from meat, a day to eat fish! From where, then, did Easter observance come? Did Peter or Paul ever conduct an Easter SUNrise service? The answers are, of course, obvious.

The word "Easter" appears once in the King James Version: "...intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people" (Acts I2:4). The word translated "Easter" here is pascha which is--as ALL scholars know-the Greek word for passover and has no connection with the English "Easter." It is well-known that "Easter" is not a Christian expression - not in its original meaning. The word comes from the name of a SUN Worship goddess - the goddess of the rising light of day and spring. "Easter" is but a more modern form of Eostre, Ostera, Astarte, or Ishtar, the latter, according to Hislop, being pronounced as we pronounce "Easter" today.

Like the word "Easter", many of our customs at this season had their beginnings among non-Christian religions. Easter eggs, for example, are colored, hid, hunted, and eaten---a custom done innocently (ignorantly) today and often linked with a time of fun and frolic for children. But this custom did not originate in Christianity. The egg was, however, a sacred symbol among the Babylonians who believed an old fable about an egg of wondrous size which fell from heaven into the Euphrates River. From this marvelous egg - according to the ancient myth - the goddess Astarte (Easter) was hatched. The egg came to symbolize the goddess Easter.

The ancient Druids bore an egg as the sacred emblem of their idolatrous order. The procession of Ceres in Rome was preceded by an egg. In the mysteries of Bacchus an egg was consecrated. China used dyed or colored eggs in sacred festivals. In Japan, an ancient custom was to make the sacred egg a brazen color. In northern Europe, in SUN Worship times, eggs were colored and used as symbols of the goddess of spring. The illustration given below shows two ways the SUN Worshipers represented their sacred eggs. On the left is the Egg of Heliopolis; on the right, the Typhon's Egg. Among the Egyptians, the egg was associated with the SUN-the "golden egg." Their dyed eggs were used as sacred offerings at the Easter season.

Says The Encyclopedia Britannica, "The egg as a symbol of fertility and of renewed life goes back to the ancient Egyptians and Persians, who had also the custom of coloring and eating eggs during their spring festival. How, then, did this custom come to be associated with Christianity? Apparently some sought to Christianize the egg by suggesting that as the chick comes out of the egg, so Christ came out of the tomb. Pope Paul V (1605-1621) even appointed a prayer in this connection: "Bless, O Lord, we beseech thee, this thy creature of eggs, that it may become wholesome sustenance unto thy servants, eating it in remembrance of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The following quotations from The Catholic Encyclopedia are significant. "Because the use of eggs was forbidden during Lent, they were brought to the table of Easter Day, colored red to symbolize the Easter joy...The custom may have its origin in paganism, for a great many,, pagan customs celebrating the return of spring, gravitated to Easter"! Such was the case with a custom that was popular in Europe. "The Easter Fire is lit on the top of mountains from new fire, drawn from wood by friction; this is a custom of SUN Worship origin in vogue all over Europe, signifying the victory of spring over winter. The bishops issued severe edicts against the sacrilegious Easter fires, but did not succeed in abolishing them everywhere." So what happened? Notice this carefully! "The Church adopted the observance into the Easter ceremonies, referring it to the fiery column in the desert and to the resurrection of Christ"! Were SUN Worship customs mixed into the Roman church and given the appearance of Christianity? It is not necessary to take my word for it, in numerous places The Catholic Encyclopedia comes right out and says so. Finally, one more quote concerns the Easter Rabbit : "The rabbit is a pagan symbol and has always been an emblem of fertility."

"Like the Easter egg, the Easter hare", says the Encyclopedia Britannica "came to Christianity from antiquity. The hare is associated with the moon in the legends of ancient Egypt and other peoples...Through the fact that the Egyptian word for hare, um, means also 'open' and 'period', the hare came to be associated with the idea of periodicity, both lunar and human, and with the beginning of new life in both the young man and young woman, and so a symbol of fertility and of the renewal of life. As such, the hare became linked with Easter...eggs." Thus both the Easter rabbit and Easter eggs were symbols of sexual significance, symbols of fertility.

At the Easter season it is not uncommon for Christians to attend SUNrise services. It is assumed that such honor Christ because he rose from the dead on Easter SUNday morning just as the SUN was coming up. But the resurrection did not actually occur at SUNrise, for it was yet DARK when Mary Magdalene came to the tomb and it was already, empty! On the other hand, there was a type of SUNrise service that was a part of ancient SUN Worship. We do not mean to imply, of course, that Christian people today Worship the SUN in their Easter SUNrise services. Nor do we say that those who bow before the monstrance SUN-image with its round, SUN shaped host are Worshiping the SUN. But such practices, being without scriptural example, do indicate that mixtures have been made.

In the time of Ezekiel, even people who had known the true God, fell into SUN Worship and made it a part of their Worship. "and he brought me into the inner court of the Lord's house, and, behold, at the door of the temple of the Lord, between the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men, with their backs toward the temple of the Lord, and their faces toward the EAST; and they Worshiped the SUN toward the EAST" (Ezekiel 8:16). The fact that they Worshiped the SUN toward the east shows it was a SUNrise service. The next verse says: "...and, lo, they put the branch to their nose." Fausset says this "alludes to the idolatrous usage of holding up a branch of tamarisk to the nose at daybreak whilst they sang hymns to the rising SUN."

It was also to the east that the prophets of Baal looked in the days of Elijah" Baal was the SUN-god, and so god of fire. When Elijah challenged the prophets of Baal with the words, "The God that answers by FIRE, let him be God", he was meeting Baal Worship on its own grounds. What time of day was it when these prophets of Baal started calling on him? It was as Baal--the SUN--made his first appearance over the eastern horizon. It was at "morning" (1 Kings 18:26), that is, at dawn.
Rites connected with the dawning SUN--in one form or another have been known among many ancient nations. The Sphinx in Egypt was located so as to face the east. From Mount Fuji-yama, Japan, prayers are made to the rising SUN. "The pilgrims pray to their rising SUN while climbing the mountain sides...sometimes one may see several hundreds of Shinto pilgrims in their white robes turning out from their shelters, and joining their chants to the rising SUN." The SUN Worship Mithrists of Rome met together at dawn in honor of the SUN-god. And in modern Rome, on top of the Capital of Washington D.C. the statue "Freedom" faces EAST to the rising SUN. (picture to the right)

The goddess of spring, from whose name our word "Easter" comes, was associated with the SUN rising in the east--even as the very word "East-er" would seem to imply. Thus the dawn of the SUN in the east, the name Easter, and the spring season are all connected.

According to the old legends, after Tammuz was slain, he descended into the underworld. But through the weeping of his "mother", Ishtar (Easter), he was mystically revived in spring. "The resurrection of Tammuz through Ishtar's grief was dramatically represented annually in order to insure the success of the crops and the fertility of the people. Each year men and women had to grieve with Ishtar over the death of Tammuz and celebrate the god's return in order to win anew her favor and her benefits!. When the new vegetation began to come forth, those ancient people believed their "savior" had come from the underworld, had ended winter, and caused spring to begin. Even the Israelites adopted the doctrines and rites of the annual SUN Worship spring festival, for Ezekiel speaks of "women weeping for Tammuz" (Ezekiel 8 :14).

As Christians we believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead in reality-not merely in nature or the new vegetation of spring. Because his resurrection was in the spring of the year, it was not too difficult for the church of the fourth century (now having departed from the original faith in a number of ways) to merge the SUN Worship spring festival into Christianity. In speaking of this merger, the Encyclopedia Britannica says, "Christianity...incorporated in its celebration of the great Christian feast day many of the heathen rites and customs of the spring festival"!

Legend has it that Tammuz was killed by a wild boar when he was forty years old. Hislop points out that forty days--a day for each year Tammuz had lived on earth--were set aside to "weep for Tammuz." In olden times these forty days were observed with weeping, fasting, and self-chastisement--gain anew his favor--so he would come forth from the underworld and cause spring to begin. This observance was not only known at Babylon, but also among the Phoenicians, Egyptians, Mexicans, and, for a time, even among the Israelites. "Among the SUN Worshipers", says Hislop, "this Lent seems to have been an indispensable preliminary to the great annual festival in commemoration of the death and resurrection of Tammuz.

Having adopted other beliefs about the spring festival into the church, it was only another step in the development to also adopt the old "fast" that proceeded the festival. The Catholic Encyclopedia very honestly points out that "writers in the fourth century were prone to describe many practices (the Lenten fast of forty days) as of Apostolic institution which certainly had no claim to be so regarded." It was not until the sixth century that the pope officially ordered the observance of Lent, calling it a "sacred fast" during which people were to abstain from meat and a few other foods.

Catholic scholars know and recognize that there are customs within their church which were borrowed from SUN Worship. But they reason that many things, though originally SUN Worship, can be Christianized. If some SUN Worship tribe observed forty days in honor of a SUN Worship god, why should we not do the same, only in honor of Christ? Though SUN Worshipers Worshiped the SUN toward the EAST, could we not have SUNrise services to honor the resurrection of Christ, even though this was not the time of day he arose? Even though the egg was used by SUN Worshipers, can't we continue its use and pretend it symbolizes the large rock that was in front of the tomb? In other words, why not adopt all kinds of popular customs, only instead of using them to honor SUN Worship gods, as the heathen did, use them to honor Christ? It all sounds very logical, yet a much safer guideline is found in the Bible itself: "Take heed...that thou inquire not after their gods (SUN Worship gods), saying: How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise. Thou shalt not do so unto the Lord thy God...What thing soever I command you, observe to do it; thou shalt not add thereto." Deut. 12:30-32

Why would God be talking to Himself or angels? He’s talking about how He made man...and He’s using a plural to describe Himself. He’s giving us..which is why it’s written down for us..a history of how we came to be.
God uses I, me, myself, mine, my, etc... throughout the law and the prophets. Pointing to one place He uses us (when again, He could have been talking to angels) isnt proof that He's 3-in-1. He had ample times to point out this "father/son/ghost" god but he didnt.

I am able to use both the OT and the NT...why would I need to use only one? They are meant to be together not seperate.
Well when I say "OT" I really mean what God says. God didnt tell anyone, not Abraham, Moses, Noah, Lot, David, Jacob, Job, Aaron, Solomon etc.. that He was 3-in-1. So what I was pretty much getting at was that you cant prove your point using the Creator's words that are written down in the OT.

You say Jesus is god but then you highlight Jesus' words in the NT in red, then leave the Creator's words in the OT in black like everyone else's. Which shows again, that putting the NT with the OT is like putting the Quran with the NT...

Paul tells us the Bible is God’s inspired Word...all of it. It’s not the Bible and the quran...just the Bible.
Paul didnt say anything about a "bible" nor did he again, mean his letters to Timothy and the Romans (and other writings that werent even written yet) were "scripture". If he writes to Timothy that all scripture is God inspired, then how would he also expect Timothy to know that he meant his letter to the Romans too? His letter to the Ephesians? The 4 gospels which Paul wouldnt have read at the time?

Lisa

Superstar
God uses I, me, myself, mine, my, etc... throughout the law and the prophets. Pointing to one place He uses us (when again, He could have been talking to angels) isnt proof that He's 3-in-1. He had ample times to point out this "father/son/ghost" god but he didnt.
He didn’t have to say He was an Us or an Our at all but He is so He did.
In Genesis 1 the Holy Spirit was there with God while He was creating and was an active participant. Then in the NT we find out that Jesus is the Word and was also there with God in the beginning.

Well when I say "OT" I really mean what God says. God didnt tell anyone, not Abraham, Moses, Noah, Lot, David, Jacob, Job, Aaron, Solomon etc.. that He was 3-in-1. So what I was pretty much getting at was that you cant prove your point using the Creator's words that are written down in the OT.

You say Jesus is god but then you highlight Jesus' words in the NT in red, then leave the Creator's words in the OT in black like everyone else's. Which shows again, that putting the NT with the OT is like putting the Quran with the NT...
If they read Genesis they knew He is an Us... They see God creating and His Spirit and they see a glimpse of Jesus..in Isaiah 53. And in other things like the unblemished lambs for sacrifice.

Paul didnt say anything about a "bible" nor did he again, mean his letters to Timothy and the Romans (and other writings that werent even written yet) were "scripture". If he writes to Timothy that all scripture is God inspired, then how would he also expect Timothy to know that he meant his letter to the Romans too? His letter to the Ephesians? The 4 gospels which Paul wouldnt have read at the time?
What do you think Timothy thought that Paul meant by all scripture is inspired by God?

He didn’t have to say He was an Us or an Our at all but He is so He did.
In Genesis 1 the Holy Spirit was there with God while He was creating and was an active participant. Then in the NT we find out that Jesus is the Word and was also there with God in the beginning.

If they read Genesis they knew He is an Us... They see God creating and His Spirit and they see a glimpse of Jesus..in Isaiah 53. And in other things like the unblemished lambs for sacrifice.
As usual, you're only using the OT to prove something the NT says. So it doesnt matter that God uses I, me, my,myself, mine etc... literally everywhere else because in 1 place in Genesis, He says "us". The "us" is referring to the "multitude" of spirits that were/are around His throne:

1 Kings 22
19 Micaiah continued, “Therefore hear the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne with all the multitudes of heaven standing around him on his right and on his left. 20 And the Lord said, ‘Who will entice Ahab into attacking Ramoth Gilead and going to his death there?’

“One suggested this, and another that. 21 Finally, a spirit came forward, stood before the Lord and said, ‘I will entice him.’

What do you think Timothy thought that Paul meant by all scripture is inspired by God?
Why dont you tell me when the only thing being widely circulated when Paul wrote that was the old testament? Timothy wouldnt have had access to all Paul's letters, let alone the 4 gospels, James, Jude, Peter etc... So why do YOU tell me what Timothy would think at that time when Paul said "all scripture"?

Thats the laymans terms of that. The truth about it is that anyone can read the book of Maccabbees and see how the Greeks were constantly attempting to force Israel to disobey the law. As in coming up with schemes so they would disobey. Heck you see that in the bible with Nebuchadnezzar when he set up the idol. They all set out to get Israel to disobey because they knew:

Judith 5
20 Now therefore, my lord and governor(of the Ammonites), if there be any error against this people, and they sin against their God, let us consider that this shall be their ruin, and let us go up, and we shall overcome them. 21 But if there be no iniquity in their nation, let my lord now pass by, lest their Lord defend them, and their God be for them, and we become a reproach before all the world.

Aero

Superstar
Only if you don’t want to be honest..
That sounds like projection to me.

Your idea has been completely debunked. You cannot explain the mechanics, nor can you get around the fact that in any case, it's a total red herring. Do you know what that means? It means you are misleading people.

I told you before, an egg can have 500 different parts and it's still an egg. But you keep clinging to this notion that people think of 3 different things when eggs come up. Newsflash, they don't. I mean does anything think they drive around in an engine/transmission/exhaust pipe? No, they don't. They think they drive around in a *car*.

Some people get pretty specific about how they like their eggs though. But even those types probably just think of the part they like.

The Egg and God

What does the egg have to do with God? Well let me tell you..

Some people don’t believe that God can be a trinity..can be One whilst also being three distinct persons..so we turn to the egg to find out if that can be something that is true.

An egg

View attachment 33978
We know this as an egg. The outside of the egg is called the shell but it is still known as an egg as well.

Then you have the inside of the egg...

View attachment 33977
There’s the egg whites..the white part and the egg yolk..the yellow center. All still being an egg but yet with another distinct part to it...the egg shell.

We know that the egg is still an egg and that it is made up of three distinct parts.
So too is God.

God is one God yet He has three different parts..persons. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit make up one God. How do we know this..well in the Bible we are told that there are three separate parts to God yet God considers Himself One God.

In Genesis 1:26 God said “Let US make man in OUR image, according to OUR likeness.”

What does God mean by that? Is there more than one to God? Earlier in verse 2 we read that God has a Spirit and that the Spirit was moving over the surface of the waters. One God...yet different parts to that God.

In John 1:1 we learn that there is the Word of God that was in the beginning with God and the Word was God. So, again another part to God. How do we know this is Jesus though, God the Son? In John 1:14 we see that the Word became flesh and dwelt among us and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father.

Later in John 3:16 Jesus tells us that God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whomsoever believes on Him shall not perish but have eternal life. Isn’t that what Jesus came to do? Die for sins..

Romans 5:8 God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Jesus tell us in John 10:30 I and the Father are one. And in John 14:26 we are told that the Helper, the Holy Spirit, is the one that the Father will send in Jesus name.

And we see Jesus talking about baptizing people in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit in Matthew 28:19.

Do there happen to be more parts to God...no. The Bible talks about God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit..but that’s the extent of the parts/persons of God. A trinity that people don’t understand..yet in Genesis we are told that God made man in OUR likeness..He is one but three..just like an egg is one but has three parts to it. You can consider it on the whole as an egg or consider each part on its own..it is still an egg. The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit make up One God.

This is the closest I think that we can get to understanding the mystery of God in three persons..as God is higher than we are...He’s God!

Disclaimer: This is not catholic theology, though they push it to their own ends..this is what the Bible actually teaches as true, as stated above.
Lmao. Bravo to the idiots who came up with bs from more bs good laugh.

Lisa

Superstar
As usual, you're only using the OT to prove something the NT says. So it doesnt matter that God uses I, me, my,myself, mine etc... literally everywhere else because in 1 place in Genesis, He says "us". The "us" is referring to the "multitude" of spirits that were/are around His throne:

1 Kings 22
19 Micaiah continued, “Therefore hear the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne with all the multitudes of heaven standing around him on his right and on his left. 20 And the Lord said, ‘Who will entice Ahab into attacking Ramoth Gilead and going to his death there?’

“One suggested this, and another that. 21 Finally, a spirit came forward, stood before the Lord and said, ‘I will entice him.’
In the beginning when God created everything we also find out He’s an Us. He lets us know that in the beginning.

Why dont you tell me when the only thing being widely circulated when Paul wrote that was the old testament? Timothy wouldnt have had access to all Paul's letters, let alone the 4 gospels, James, Jude, Peter etc... So why do YOU tell me what Timothy would think at that time when Paul said "all scripture"?

Thats the laymans terms of that. The truth about it is that anyone can read the book of Maccabbees and see how the Greeks were constantly attempting to force Israel to disobey the law. As in coming up with schemes so they would disobey. Heck you see that in the bible with Nebuchadnezzar when he set up the idol. They all set out to get Israel to disobey because they knew:
All the apostles knew each other..why wouldn’t Paul teach what they knew from what they wrote too? He’s inspired by God to write his letters...you don’t think he knows that God inspired the others too?

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
That sounds like projection to me.

Your idea has been completely debunked. You cannot explain the mechanics, nor can you get around the fact that in any case, it's a total red herring. Do you know what that means? It means you are misleading people.

I told you before, an egg can have 500 different parts and it's still an egg. But you keep clinging to this notion that people think of 3 different things when eggs come up. Newsflash, they don't. I mean does anything think they drive around in an engine/transmission/exhaust pipe? No, they don't. They think they drive around in a *car*.

Some people get pretty specific about how they like their eggs though. But even those types probably just think of the part they like.
I’m not the one crying that I didn’t make the analogy harder to understand...

Haha..my analogy hasn’t been debunked..it’s too simple to be debunked in now your lie of the egg can have 500 parts when it was only 6 a page ago...:rolleyes:
when you really know it’s only three...who’s the one who’s trying to mislead people?

The cars not the analogy..the egg is.

Anyone can think of the part they like on an egg...whether it’s the egg shell, the egg yolk or the egg white..it’s always considered part of an egg.

Lisa

Superstar
Right, because you know more than linguists. Yes, "royal" we. Go learn your language. Kind of pathetic that English is your first language but still can't grasp it.
I do know He wasn’t using the ‘royal’ we...only humans do that to look down on others. God, however has no need to look down on anyone and is willing to help us all..He even gave His life for everyone...so there is no ’royal’ we.

Kung Fu

Superstar
I do know He wasn’t using the ‘royal’ we...only humans do that to look down on others. God, however has no need to look down on anyone and is willing to help us all..He even gave His life for everyone...so there is no ’royal’ we.
LOL. Legit one of the stupidest responses you given to us to date. Again, what makes you think you know more than linguists who have credentials and who have been studying language? You're Bible was written by the very men you claim look down upon you lol.

Lisa

Superstar
LOL. Legit one of the stupidest responses you given to us to date. Again, what makes you think you know more than linguists who have credentials and who have been studying language? You're Bible was written by the very men you claim look down upon you lol.
And again not a thoughtful refutation...just the usual personal attack...

Those men didn’t look down upon anyone....if they did they wouldn’t have shared but kept the knowledge they had about God to themselves. Anyway..they were all inspired by God..who wanted us to know His thoughts and His ways..and most importantly that He loved us enough to save us.

Kung Fu

Superstar
And again not a thoughtful refutation...just the usual personal attack...

Those men didn’t look down upon anyone....if they did they wouldn’t have shared but kept the knowledge they had about God to themselves. Anyway..they were all inspired by God..who wanted us to know His thoughts and His ways..and most importantly that He loved us enough to save us.
Thoughtful response? All you said was "not royal we" lol. I actually provided academic evidence. You're the one who has to now show evidence but you haven't. You're actually deflecting as usual.

How did He save you?