The Effects of 9/11 on Faith and Religious Beliefs - How Religious Beliefs May Change After Trauma

Apheirox

Established
Another tenth said that religion became less important to them after the 9/11 terrorist attacks. This was particularly the case for people who lost a child during the attacks. These people may have become disillusioned or may have begun to question aspects of their faith after the terrorist attacks.

Karlysymon

Superstar
This is a great topic to explore....given the times. I've posted a few links on this subject in different threads. It's important to explore, not necessarily the 9/11 aspect of it, but that people need to understand that disasters are used by TPTB to alter belief systems. Natural or manufactured, the events are used to achieve their own ends so whatever is planned for the months ahead, people need to be aware of this and not get played.

“Disaster creates conditions peculiarly fitted for the rapid alteration of belief systems….Disaster produces the questioning, the anxiety and the suggestibility required for belief system change, only in its wake are people moved to abandon old values of the past.

A disaster population suffers a temporary sense of incapacity, vulnerability and confusion. The collapsed social structure renders traditional authority relationships less effective and traditional statuses less meaningful. Belief systems which, under non disaster conditions might be dismissed, now receive sympathetic consideration.”
~Michael Barkun (Disaster and the Millennium)

"Victims' experience of shock can generate existential challenges to their spiritual perspectives, worldviews, and their sense of identity and purpose in the world. Even without a belief in a spiritual or transcendent aspect, people may feel disillusionment and angst. Victims might find solace by strengthening their religious and spiritual commitments, or by returning to abandoned spiritual and religious values and practices. Conversely, spiritual or religious belief systems may collapse if victims' sense of security and trust is severely damaged (Coisman, 2002; Tan, 2006). Although natural disasters and terrorist attacks are inherently local and specific, the mass media play a role as well, determining which disasters receive coverage, disseminating information to the public and shaping collective emotional responses to the disaster via sensational coverage, which may contribute to distant suffering in survivors and the general public (Yell, 2012)." ~ Source

And this
“It was a combination of a dramatically large event in a place which could mount a research program, and it came at a time in our scientific understanding when we were ready to look for the clues to psychopathology on a large scale,” Galea said. “A lot of people who know a lot about trauma and its consequences were very interested.”

Apheirox

Established
It's important to explore, not necessarily the 9/11 aspect of it
I´m emphasizing 9/11 because I think it´s a monumentally important event. It´s their declaration of a New World Order and it was a terror programme used to hypnotize the populations. Everyone has seen it (on tv). 9/11 remains one of the key topics to bring up when trying to get somebody to take an interest in looking at ´conspiracy theories´and the Illuminati.

Lyfe

Star
The problem is false expectation. Jesus warned us that in THIS world we will have tribulation. We are constantly reminded all throughout Gods word that we live in a fallen world of sin, rebellion, and the wickedness of mans heart always manifesting its degenerative fruit throughout the world. Not only that, but Jesus warned us of a time where the love of most will wax cold, because iniquity will abound. We need to expect these things and arm ourselves with the mindset of one who expects to suffer as a consequence of sin and the god of this world sowing seeds of death and evil.

People instead live with this expectation of prosperity and well being and the illusion of the American Dream.

Lucy

Star
The problem is false expectation. Jesus warned us that in THIS world we will have tribulation. We are constantly reminded all throughout Gods word that we live in a fallen world of sin, rebellion, and the wickedness of mans heart always manifesting its degenerative fruit throughout the world. Not only that, but Jesus warned us of a time where the love of most will wax cold, because iniquity will abound. We need to expect these things and arm ourselves with the mindset of one who expects to suffer as a consequence of sin and the god of this world sowing seeds of death and evil.

People instead live with this expectation of prosperity and well being and the illusion of the American Dream.
Thank you Lyfe for this comment.
I needed to be reminded of these very important truths.
Some days I get very sad of the evil that I'm surrounded by.
And I also was at one time taken in by the illusion of the American dream.

One of my favorite bible verses.

Revelation 21:4
King James Version

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Lyfe

Star
Thank you Lyfe for this comment.
I needed to be reminded of these very important truths.
Some days I get very sad of the evil that I'm surrounded by.
And I also was at one time taken in by the illusion of the American dream.

One of my favorite bible verses.

Revelation 21:4
King James Version

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Amen. Its hard, because the gospel of the american dream promises us one thing while Gods word tells us to expect something different. All we can do is seek the Lord and continue to cast our burdens on him and he will sustain us and give us peace and rest in him thru the holy spirit. Everyday I speak to the father as if he is a really good friend and in the same room as me and he always takes my burdens and anxieties. His word says that in his presence there is fullness of joy and he is the only peace that we have in this age of darkness and oppression. Seek The Lord and his strength, seek his presence continually!