The Economist June-July Edition (or the Doomsday edition)

Helioform

Star
If anything we know about that magazine knowing or engineering the future is true, then I think we are in for some VERY rough times in the near future.

Starting from the left picture we have the so-called next pandemic which has been said in the news to be the Swine Flu 2 and it will come from China too.

Then we have a volcanic eruption, which could be Yellowstone.

The next one I am not too sure what it is...

Then we have a comet/asteroid threat. There is a movie coming out soon called Greenland which could be predictive programming for this.

The next picture looks like another proliferation of pathogens.

Over to the next one, a mushroom cloud, which could be a reference to WW3. The way things are going with China relations now, and even the MSM mentionning that a new cold war is coming, I would place this one as a definitely likely scenario.

The last one, a solar flare. With the magnetic north pole wandering off towards Siberia at an alarming rate, the MSM has been talking about a possible pole shift coming soon. This would weaken the Earth's magnetic field considerably and leave us totally vulnerable to a solar flare and cosmic radiation in general. This would turn our planet into an almost completely uninhabitable place. No wonder they put this picture last along with WW3...

The clock is also at almost midnight, which means that we are almost out of time.
20200627_cuk1280_0.jpg

its not even hard to decode anymore is it pretty brutish and plain, crazy, buckle up.

Lisa

Superstar
The msm are always talking doom and gloom and the movie studios are always making cataclysmic movies..but life continues on just as it always has with very little happening between crisis’s...is this any different?

And when I was young the clock was always near midnight because at that time the soviets were gonna kill is all with a nuclear attack..if the killer bees and the new ice age didn’t finish us off first. I somehow made it through all that unscathed...lol..none of that happened while Ted Danson warned that the oceans would be gone in ten years time..it’s always ten years time.:rolleyes:

DevaWolf

Veteran
The msm are always talking doom and gloom and the movie studios are always making cataclysmic movies..but life continues on just as it always has with very little happening between crisis’s...is this any different?

And when I was young the clock was always near midnight because at that time the soviets were gonna kill is all with a nuclear attack..if the killer bees and the new ice age didn’t finish us off first. I somehow made it through all that unscathed...lol..none of that happened while Ted Danson warned that the oceans would be gone in ten years time..it’s always ten years time.:rolleyes:
I agree with you for once.

It's always the final crisis that will end humanity, or the apocalypse, or the next world war etc. And somehow all these subjects constantly change over the years.

Helioform

Star

The Economist is not.exactly MSM, not the kind that ordinary citizens usually read anyway. It's a publication in which the financial elite signal each other about what is soon to come.

Mountain05

Rookie

I agree, usually nothing happens and perhaps those things are made to wear us out or desensitize under a long period of time to make us accept them as the new norm. So we do nothing and be unprepared while they slowly and progressively can do whatever they wish. I wonder how people would react if something does really happen because we know big things have happened in the past and that history repeats itself. In the end, I think it is better to stay vigilant.

Lisa

Superstar
The Economist is not.exactly MSM, not the kind that ordinary citizens usually read anyway. It's a publication in which the financial elite signal each other about what is soon to come.
Sure but..the things they scared me with in my childhood never happened at all and that dumb clock was stopped at 3 minutes until midnight for years and years..were they signaling each other then it trying to scare the pants off ordinary folk?

I agree, usually nothing happens and perhaps those things are made to wear us out or desensitize under a long period of time to make us accept them as the new norm. So we do nothing and be unprepared while they slowly and progressively can do whatever they wish. I wonder how people would react if something does really happen because we know big things have happened in the past and that history repeats itself. In the end, I think it is better to stay vigilant.
They are still waiting for California to drop into the ocean with the big one that they’ve been predicting ever since I was young..at least...and that’s been over 30 years...stay vigilant but know that they like to make people fear the unknown future as much as anything else. This is where it’s good to have a little experience..I’ve already feared all that they said would happen and never did.

In 1984 the doomsday clock was set at three minutes to midnight, in 2020 it is set at 1 minute 40 seconds to midnight.

2020:
The failure of world leaders to deal with increasingly likely threats of nuclear war, such as the end of the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty (INF) between the United States and Russia as well as increased tensions between the US and Iran, and the continued failure to combat climate change. Announced in units of seconds instead of minutes, this is the clock's closest approach to midnight, exceeding that of 1953 and 2018.[41]

Lisa

Superstar
In 1984 the doomsday clock was set at three minutes to midnight, in 2020 it is set at 1 minute 40 seconds to midnight.

2020:
The failure of world leaders to deal with increasingly likely threats of nuclear war, such as the end of the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty (INF) between the United States and Russia as well as increased tensions between the US and Iran, and the continued failure to combat climate change. Announced in units of seconds instead of minutes, this is the clock's closest approach to midnight, exceeding that of 1953 and 2018.[41]
Yes it was permaset at three minutes to midnight and quite frightening. Like I said I was always scared when I was a teen at all the things that were gonna get me and my family. Things I couldn’t do anything about except watch my loved ones die. Eventually they move onto the next big doom coming upon us and forget that they even mentioned killer bees or when the new ices age morphed into El Niño and global warming...and Al Gore came out with his inconvenient truth and we were all told that it was all our fault anyway...it gets old after awhile.

Lisa

Superstar
From an article written when I was younger, I’ve kept this all through the years to remind myself that though some things change some things always remain the same...

Tuna can contain potentially harmful levels of mercury. But don’t turn to hamburgers: E coli. Genetically-altered produce may cause cancer.

Excessive drinking can kill you, but two drinks a day can reduce your risk of heart disease. Vitamin C is beneficial but high doses can cause liver damage.

Too little exercise is bad. Too much exercise is bad. Antibiotics can fight infection, but the current overuse (150 million a year) is creating super-bacteria no one can touch.

Chemicals on carbonless copy paper can cause cancer. Fake nails can spread bacteria. Pollution can cause cancer, but we’re not much safer indoors where we still inhale gases, pollen, dust and mold.

Book-laden backpacks are wrecking the backs of school children. Watching tv before the age of two can retard brain development. Pudgy newborn girls have a higher risk of breast cancer later on. Skinny newborns have a higher risk of of diabetes.
Exhaust from diesel fumes might cause miscarriages.

Cell phone might cause brain tumors or memory loss. Napping can increase the risk of heart attack and stroke. Drinking tap water can put you at risk for ingesting bacteria, lead, iron, nitrates, chlorine and hydrogen sulfide.

I myself have fallen prey to such stories, though I have yet to pay $29.95 for a Pure Test Water Analysis Kit or $24.95 for the No-Danger Electromagnetic Phone Shield, I do shell out for organic veggies and low fat cookbooks. I contribute my share to the $10 billion Americans spend each year on vitamins, herbs and minerals. I eat tofu and drink close to eight glasses of water a day.

Then I came across the mouse diet story.
Researchers have found a way to extend a mouse’s expected lifespan by 25 percent. The method of doing this has worked so well that scientists are optimistic that it could work on humans as well. All we have to do is reduce our caloric intake by 40 percent and live another 20 years.

I decided at that moment as I read that story, that I wouldn’t log on to horribledisease.com or tune into the 11 o’clock news to hear more about flesh eating bacteria! Find out how you might be in danger!

What do any of them know for sure anyway? They say being overweight will kill us, yet the majority of Americans are overweight and we’re living longer than ever.

I am a fatalist now, accepting the fact that living ones life is a little like walking through a dark house in an old movie. You know the monster is in one of the closets, but you can’t know which one until it leaps out and gets you. You can’t even know if the monster had been feeding on your bad habits or on the good ones that later are found to have been not so good after all.

The only thing to do is to enjoy thoroughly your bad habits and above all else stop worrying about the Latest Thing That Will Disfigure, Maim or Otherwise Cause Premature Death.
As we know stress kills.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
From an article written when I was younger, I’ve kept this all through the years to remind myself that though some things change some things always remain the same...

Tuna can contain potentially harmful levels of mercury. But don’t turn to hamburgers: E coli. Genetically-altered produce may cause cancer.

Excessive drinking can kill you, but two drinks a day can reduce your risk of heart disease. Vitamin C is beneficial but high doses can cause liver damage.

Too little exercise is bad. Too much exercise is bad. Antibiotics can fight infection, but the current overuse (150 million a year) is creating super-bacteria no one can touch.

Chemicals on carbonless copy paper can cause cancer. Fake nails can spread bacteria. Pollution can cause cancer, but we’re not much safer indoors where we still inhale gases, pollen, dust and mold.

Book-laden backpacks are wrecking the backs of school children. Watching tv before the age of two can retard brain development. Pudgy newborn girls have a higher risk of breast cancer later on. Skinny newborns have a higher risk of of diabetes.
Exhaust from diesel fumes might cause miscarriages.

Cell phone might cause brain tumors or memory loss. Napping can increase the risk of heart attack and stroke. Drinking tap water can put you at risk for ingesting bacteria, lead, iron, nitrates, chlorine and hydrogen sulfide.

I myself have fallen prey to such stories, though I have yet to pay $29.95 for a Pure Test Water Analysis Kit or $24.95 for the No-Danger Electromagnetic Phone Shield, I do shell out for organic veggies and low fat cookbooks. I contribute my share to the $10 billion Americans spend each year on vitamins, herbs and minerals. I eat tofu and drink close to eight glasses of water a day.

Then I came across the mouse diet story.
Researchers have found a way to extend a mouse’s expected lifespan by 25 percent. The method of doing this has worked so well that scientists are optimistic that it could work on humans as well. All we have to do is reduce our caloric intake by 40 percent and live another 20 years.

I decided at that moment as I read that story, that I wouldn’t log on to horribledisease.com or tune into the 11 o’clock news to hear more about flesh eating bacteria! Find out how you might be in danger!

What do any of them know for sure anyway? They say being overweight will kill us, yet the majority of Americans are overweight and we’re living longer than ever.

I am a fatalist now, accepting the fact that living ones life is a little like walking through a dark house in an old movie. You know the monster is in one of the closets, but you can’t know which one until it leaps out and gets you. You can’t even know if the monster had been feeding on your bad habits or on the good ones that later are found to have been not so good after all.

The only thing to do is to enjoy thoroughly your bad habits and above all else stop worrying about the Latest Thing That Will Disfigure, Maim or Otherwise Cause Premature Death.
As we know stress kills.
How old were you when that was “written”

Lisa

Superstar
Because you said you’ve said it all these years and there are a lot of things mentioned in it which aren’t actually all that old.
That’s why I said that the more things change..the more they stay the same.

Mountain05

Rookie
@Lisa
I understand and that is true, but no need to worry, take things from the right perspective and do everything in moderation. And do have hopes that things going to be alright because who are they to make us to be afraid and they are nothing but a flesh and bones.

Lisa

Superstar
@Lisa
I understand and that is true, but no need to worry, take things from the right perspective and do everything in moderation. And do have hopes that things going to be alright because who are they to make us to be afraid and they are nothing but a flesh and bones.
You misunderstand me again..I’m not afraid..I posted that to prove a point.

ohhi9876

Veteran
related??
canceled - i am not sure she was thrilled with this ad and her having to work so hard for an allowance:
interesting warnings embedded:
"this is not a drill"
"we tried to prepare you for this"
"BUT - did you listen?"
"do you think you can handle it?"
"Domination"
"you better work b****"

"transmission over" power goes out at END ...

weird that has nothing to do with concerts/britney ... and here we are in 2020
shows were to begin feb 2019 and i believe run through oct. ... with the hope of extending again...