The earth is flat

floss

Star
In all honesty, who cares? Does it even matter in the slightest? No it doesnt. If you are Christian, then tell me does the Earth being Flat, or Round or Oblong, or Rectangle or anything else matter in the slightest to preaching the Gospel?

The fact is, since none of us own a rocket and cant go into space then we cant by our own eye determine either one for sure, but does the Earth being Flat or Round affect absolutely anything in your daily life?

No it doesnt, if the Earth is flat, its been flat forever and you believing as such didnt change anything at all in your daily life. As in it didnt change the fact that the sun sets and rises, we experience weather, we have to work to live ect ect ect. If the Earth is round, then its been round forever and believing as such didnt change anything at all in your daily life. As in it didnt change the fact that the sun sets and rises, we experience weather, we have to work to live ect ect ect.

To me this is one of if not the most pointless doctrines one can waste their time on because it solves nothing, helps nothing, adds nothing to anything of value. All I have ever seen of this is to cause massive division, and cause people to either mock the living crap out of others, or denounce others as being lost because they dont agree with their perspective.

If you are a Christian you have a much better use of time that you could be spending vs wasting it on the shape of the Earth, and that is at minimum preach the Gospel! Or if you are on here then at least correct/explain doctrine that matters, such as Grace, Mercy, Love or Salvation/Judgement ect.

I know it wont change anything but I just wanted to give my 2 cents as to what an incredible waste of time arguing about the Earth is, you cant change it so who cares...
I agreed debating FE is a waste of time. However there are alot of people being led to Christ because of FE theory. Kinda amazing if you ask me. Godbless you

yannick

Veteran
My stance:

Nothing is any thing except If God Wills it to be.

This is also another way of saying

There's no other god than God

In the sense of the following reasons:

Water isn't water except If God Wills it to be water.

Water doesn't quench thirst except If God Wills it to.

Water doesn't open up for Moses except If God Wills it to open.

Food isn't pleasurable except If God Wills it to be.

Conclusion: The earth is flat If God Wills. At any time, He Can Alter the flatness thereof and Fashion it into roundness.

I personally believe the earth is egg-shaped for what it's worth.

Nothing can grant satisfaction except If God Wills us to be satisfied through it.

No wonder they sang

(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

The Rolling Stones

I can't get no satisfaction, I can't get no satisfaction
'Cause I try and I try and I try and I try
I can't get no, I can't get no

When I'm drivin' in my car, and the man come on the radio
He's tellin' me more and more about some useless information
Supposed to fire my imagination

I betcha they would've been so much more satisfied had they not used any musical instruments, though The-All-Powerful Knows Best for sure!

c811bfa844f45e3db4651ae96fe53170.jpg

Vytas

Star
They keep deleting everything about FE from youtube like crazy, hard to find anything decent...About that picture knows every single flatearther btw.

phipps

Star
Isaiah 40:22: "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth." When this prophecy was written, most of the world did not know that the earth was round. They thought the world was flat. When Columbus sailed west from Spain many people even then, in 1492, were terrified because they thought the earth was flat and that Columbus and his men would sail right over the edge of it and drop off. Today most people know the earth is round, but hundreds of years before modern science found that out, the Bible stated it in unerring terms in Isaiah 40:22.

“It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:”.......Isaiah 40:22 (KJB)

The Bible is pretty clear the earth is round.

Isaiah 40:22: "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth." When this prophecy was written, most of the world did not know that the earth was round. They thought the world was flat. When Columbus sailed west from Spain many people even then, in 1492, were terrified because they thought the earth was flat and that Columbus and his men would sail right over the edge of it and drop off. Today most people know the earth is round, but hundreds of years before modern science found that out, the Bible stated it in unerring terms in Isaiah 40:22.
Exactly, thanks.

The only shape that is always seen as a circle, no matter from which direction you are looking at it, is a sphere.

elsbet

Superstar
Some Bible versions use sphere for Isaiah 40:22.
The very Catholic Douay-Rheims version uses the word "globe."

The Douay–Rheims Bible... is a translation of the Bible from the Latin Vulgate into English made by members of the English College, Douai, in the service of the Catholic Church.​
~
But the word used is

2329. chug​
chug: vault, horizon
Original Word: חוּג​
Part of Speech: Noun MasculineTransliteration: chug​
Phonetic Spelling: (khoog)​
Definition: vault, horizon
The HORIZON is ... well, its HORIZONTAL.

And Vault... I have vaulted ceilings-- I'm sure I'm not the only one.

:)

Etagloc

Superstar
Ummm..... no that is not in true.

https://www.history.com/news/christopher-columbus-never-set-out-to-prove-the-earth-was-round

Christopher Columbus Never Set Out to Prove the Earth was Round

Humans have known the earth is round for thousands of years.

Etagloc

Superstar
Besides, the globe is being taught in school. We should very much care about what’s being taught to the children of our future.
We must secure the existence of flat earthers and a future for flat earth children.

Last edited: