The Doctrine of the Nicoliatans - Still Being Preached?!

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Nicolas of Antioch

Acts 6:5 tells us that this Nicolas was “a proselyte of Antioch.” The fact that he was a proselyte tells us that he was not born a Jew but had converted from paganism to Judaism. Then he experienced a second conversion, this time turning from Judaism to Christianity. From this information, we know these facts about Nicolas of Antioch:

• He came from paganism and had deep pagan roots, very much unlike the other six deacons who came from a pure Hebrew line. Nicolas’ pagan background meant that he had previously been immersed in the activities of the occult.
  • He was not afraid of taking an opposing position, evidenced by his ability to change religions twice. Converting to Judaism would have estranged him from his pagan family and friends. It would seem to indicate that he was not impressed or concerned about the opinions of other people.
  • He was a free thinker and very open to embracing new ideas and concepts. Judaism was very different from the pagan and occult world in which he had been raised. For him to shift from paganism to Judaism reveals that he was very liberal in his thinking, for most pagans were offended by Judaism. He was obviously not afraid to entertain or embrace new ways of thinking.
  • When he converted to Christ, it was at least the second time he had converted from one religion to another. We don’t know if, or how many times, he shifted from one form of paganism to another before he became a Jewish proselyte. His ability to easily change religious “hats” implies that he was not afraid to switch direction in midstream and go a totally different direction.
According to the writings of the Early Church leaders, Nicolas taught a doctrine of compromise, implying that total separation between Christianity and the practice of occult paganism was not essential. From Early Church records, it seems apparent that this Nicolas of Antioch was so immersed in occultism, Judaism, and Christianity that he had a stomach for all of it. He had no problem intermingling these belief systems in various concoctions and saw no reason why believers couldn’t continue to fellowship with those still immersed in the black magic of the Roman empire and its countless mystery cults.

Occultism was a major force that warred against the Early Church. In Ephesus, the primary pagan religion was the worship of Diana (Artemis). There were many other forms of idolatry in Ephesus, but this was the primary object of occult worship in that city. In the city of Pergamos, there were numerous dark and sinister forms of occultism, causing Pergamos to be one of the most wicked cities in the history of the ancient world. In both of these cities, believers were lambasted and persecuted fiercely by adherents of pagan religions, forced to contend with paganism on a level far beyond all other cities.

It was very hard for believers to live separately from all the activities of paganism because paganism and its religions were the center of life in these cities. Slipping in and out of paganism would have been very easy for young or weak believers to do since most of their families and friends were still pagans. A converted Gentile would have found it very difficult to stay away from all pagan influence.

It is significant that the “deeds” and “doctrines” of the Nicolaitans are only mentioned in connection with the churches in these two occultic and pagan cities. It seems that the “doctrine” of the Nicolaitans was that it was all right to have one foot in both worlds and that one needn’t be so strict about separation from the world in order to be a Christian. This, in fact, was the “doctrine” of the Nicolaitans that Jesus “hated.” It led to a weak version of Christianity that was without power and without conviction — a defeated, worldly type of Christianity.

Nicolas’ deep roots in paganism may have produced in him a tolerance for occultism and paganism. Growing up in this perverted spiritual environment may have caused him to view these belief systems as not so damaging or dangerous. This wrong perception would have resulted in a very liberal viewpoint that encouraged people to stay connected to the world. This is what numerous Bible scholars believe about the Nicolaitans.

This kind of teaching would result in nothing but total defeat for its followers. When believers allow sin and compromise to be in their lives, it drains away the power in the work of the Cross and the power of the Spirit that is resident in a believer’s life. This is the reason the name Nicolas is so vital to this discussion. The evil fruit of Nicolas’ “doctrine” encouraged worldly participation, leading people to indulge in sin and a lowered godly standard. In this way he literally conquered the people.

God wants to make sure we understand the doctrine the Nicolaitans taught, so Balaam’s actions are given as an example of their doctrine and actions. Revelation 2:14,15 says, “But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication. So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.”

When Balaam could not successfully cure the people of God, he used another method to destroy them. He seduced them into unbridled, sensual living by dangling the prostitutes of Moab before the men of Israel. Numbers 25:1-3 tells us, “And Israel abode in Shittim, and the people began to commit whoredom with the daughters of Moab. And they [the daughters of Moab] called the people [the men of Israel] unto the sacrifices of their gods: and the people [the men of Israel] did eat, and bowed down to their gods. And Israel joined himself unto Baal-peor….”

Just as the men of Israel compromised themselves with the world and false religions, now the “doctrine” of the Nicolaitans was encouraging compromise. As you are well aware, compromise with the world always results in a weakened and powerless form of Christianity. This was the reason Jesus “hated” the “doctrine” and the “deeds” of the Nicolaitans.

https://renner.org/who-were-nicolaitans-what-was-doctrine-deeds/

Todd

Star
Any church that teaches or follows any kind of hierarchial type of leadership paradigm is still following a doctrine of Nicolatians.

The concept of distinction between clergy and laity comes directly from the doctrine of Nicoclations. When God destoryed the temple in 70AD if was confirmation that we no longer needed a mediator other than Christ himself to appraoch the presence of God. Any Chruch leader who teaches anything about submissin to any spirtiual authority other than Jesus Christ is teaching a doctrine of the Nicolations. This clearly contradicts the word of Christ in Matthew 20:25-29:

25And Jesus having summoned them, said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them, and the great ones exercise authority over them. 26Thus will it not be among you. But whoever wishes to become great among you, he will be your servant; 27and whoever wishes to be first among you, he will be your slave— 28even as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.”

Now there are plenty of chruch leaders who while operating within a hierarchial paradigm of church leadership, choose not to abuse the authority they"lord over" their congregations (some to much harsher degrees than others). It rarely is obvious and blatant (unless of course it's a full blown cult type situation) and usually involves subtle methods of manipulation and guilt.

Most "pastors" who are guilty of this, I believe are genuine and sincere in believing they are doing the work of Lord. The problem is they have been taught doctrines of spiritual authority that are based on misunderstanding or incorrect interpretation of the letters of Paul. Fortuantely God can use humble men and women who are lead by his spirit regardless of their incorrect doctrines and beliefs, so please don't think that I am saying all churches that use a hierarchial system of leadership are evil or not able to do the work of the body of Christ.

Also the doctrine of the followers of Santa (NiCo)laus, during XMAS.. Santa (Ni-)Claus is definitely a Nicolaitan.. It's a total compromise, XMAS.

Todd

Star
Another defining aspect of the Doctrine of the Nicoliatans is "Lawlessness". The idea that we no longer need to observe the law and because of Grace we can continue to live in sin. In todays Chrstian venacular that would be those who teach grace/faith alone vs grace and works. Again this another misapplication and false interpretation of many of Paul's teachings.

The true teaching of grace and works does not say we can earn our salvation by works. Quite the contrary....but if we have true faith, works will be evidence of that faith. Those works include living a lifestyle of holiness/not living a sinful lifestyle,

Ephesians 2:10, 1 John 3:18, Titus 2:11-15, 1 Peter 1:15-16, Revelation 14:12)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Another defining aspect of the Doctrine of the Nicoliatans is "Lawlessness". The idea that we no longer need to observe the law and because of Grace we can continue to live in sin. In todays Chrstian venacular that would be those who teach grace/faith alone vs grace and works. Again this another misapplication and false interpretation of many of Paul's teachings.

The true teaching of grace and works does not say we can earn our salvation by works. Quite the contrary....but if we have true faith, works will be evidence of that faith. Those works include living a lifestyle of holiness/not living a sinful lifestyle,

Ephesians 2:10, 1 John 3:18, Titus 2:11-15, 1 Peter 1:15-16, Revelation 14:12)
Those who misunderstand Paul's teaching on Grace should read Romans 6, 7 and 8 twice daily till comprehension sets in ;-)

Todd

Star
Those who misunderstand Paul's teaching on Grace should read Romans 6, 7 and 8 twice daily till comprehension sets in ;-)
Yeah, my pendulum on Paul has swung back to the middle. I find value and inspiration in his writings but I still don't think it's appropriate to base doctrine on Paul's writings when it appears to contradict the words of Jesus or the 12 aspostles.

I still believe Paul was an evangelist and not an "Apostle" in the same sense/authority as the 12 apostles. I don't ascribe to the theory that Paul had a new or different gospel for the Gentiles and I still see some inconsistentcies between many "orthodox" doctrines supported by Paul's writings versus what Jesus and the twelve spoke and wrote.

I'm no longer in the "Paul is a false apostle camp" but I choose to follow Jesus and the twelve when I can't reconcile them with conclusions from Paul's writings. I think Paul's writings have been highjacked and brought much destruction to the church as Peter warned about. The Church has elevated Paul to higher place than the twelve just below Jesus and I don't think Paul ever intended or envisioned that happening.

I believe the church prefers or default's to the words of Paul instead of the words of Jesus and his 12 apostles and I think it should be the other way around.

Daciple

Star
Any church that teaches or follows any kind of hierarchial type of leadership paradigm is still following a doctrine of Nicolatians.

The concept of distinction between clergy and laity comes directly from the doctrine of Nicoclations.
Where do you even get this from? Surely not the Bible..

The Bible itself specifically gives the layout of a hierarchy.

Acts 14:23 And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed.

1 Tim 3:8 Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;
9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.
11 Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.
13 For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Phil 1:1 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:

1 Peter 5:The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:

Acts 6:1 And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration.
2 Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.
3 Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.
4 But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.
5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch:
6 Whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them.

7 And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.

I can quote more but it is apparent that there is a hierarchy that is to be set within the Church, now this is not to say anything concerning ones hierarchy Spiritually, as we are all equal Spiritually before God. Yet to state that there isnt or shouldnt be a hierarchy in the Church and a dispersal of roles and works for others to do is completely untrue, the Bible itself gives us the examples and structure itself. The Apostles ALL OF THEM were instrumental in creating, establishing and upholding these positions.

Another defining aspect of the Doctrine of the Nicoliatans is "Lawlessness". The idea that we no longer need to observe the law
Again you love to make up things that go directly against the Word of God. The Bible is definitively clear that we are no longer under Law but instead we are under Grace. And this whole idea that Christians can just do any ole thing they want and everything is permissible is garbage. Any person who is actually Born Again knows that not everything is permissible, why? Because they have the Holy Spirit in them that greives when they begin to Sin and is constantly drawing them to Repent.

If you want to tell me that because there are people out here who claim to be Christians but continually live like Hell with absolutely no Repentance or desire to change, that this is the litmus test of " we can continue to live in sin" I will say you are wrong. These people are not saved, and are not Christians regardless of what label they apply to themselves.

We do not need to observe the Law of Moses and nothing we do equates into our Salvation except belief and faith in Christ. We cant observe the Law of Moses anyhow and if you choose to place yourself under part then you are obligated to be under it all, including the penalties...

Todd

Star
Where do you even get this from? Surely not the Bible..

The Bible itself specifically gives the layout of a hierarchy.

Acts 14:23 And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed.

1 Tim 3:8 Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;
9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.
11 Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.
13 For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Phil 1:1 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:

1 Peter 5:The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:

Acts 6:1 And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration.
2 Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.
3 Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.
4 But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.
5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch:
6 Whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them.

7 And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.

I can quote more but it is apparent that there is a hierarchy that is to be set within the Church, now this is not to say anything concerning ones hierarchy Spiritually, as we are all equal Spiritually before God. Yet to state that there isnt or shouldnt be a hierarchy in the Church and a dispersal of roles and works for others to do is completely untrue, the Bible itself gives us the examples and structure itself. The Apostles ALL OF THEM were instrumental in creating, establishing and upholding these positions.

Again you love to make up things that go directly against the Word of God. The Bible is definitively clear that we are no longer under Law but instead we are under Grace. And this whole idea that Christians can just do any ole thing they want and everything is permissible is garbage. Any person who is actually Born Again knows that not everything is permissible, why? Because they have the Holy Spirit in them that greives when they begin to Sin and is constantly drawing them to Repent.

If you want to tell me that because there are people out here who claim to be Christians but continually live like Hell with absolutely no Repentance or desire to change, that this is the litmus test of " we can continue to live in sin" I will say you are wrong. These people are not saved, and are not Christians regardless of what label they apply to themselves.

We do not need to observe the Law of Moses and nothing we do equates into our Salvation except belief and faith in Christ. We cant observe the Law of Moses anyhow and if you choose to place yourself under part then you are obligated to be under it all, including the penalties...
Showing that the Bible describes positions of function is different than hierarchical levels of authority. Man has declared levels of authority for those functions that can’t be found in scripture.
As far as following the Torah if you follow what you claimed m Paul says that we are not to follow the law then you have to reject James who clearly still followed the law. In fact when James corrected Paul he had Paul go to the temple and perform a rite of purification and denounce his lawlessness.

Nicolas of Antioch

Acts 6:5 tells us that this Nicolas was “a proselyte of Antioch.” The fact that he was a proselyte tells us that he was not born a Jew but had converted from paganism to Judaism. Then he experienced a second conversion, this time turning from Judaism to Christianity. From this information, we know these facts about Nicolas of Antioch:

• He came from paganism and had deep pagan roots, very much unlike the other six deacons who came from a pure Hebrew line. Nicolas’ pagan background meant that he had previously been immersed in the activities of the occult.
  • He was not afraid of taking an opposing position, evidenced by his ability to change religions twice. Converting to Judaism would have estranged him from his pagan family and friends. It would seem to indicate that he was not impressed or concerned about the opinions of other people.
  • He was a free thinker and very open to embracing new ideas and concepts. Judaism was very different from the pagan and occult world in which he had been raised. For him to shift from paganism to Judaism reveals that he was very liberal in his thinking, for most pagans were offended by Judaism. He was obviously not afraid to entertain or embrace new ways of thinking.
  • When he converted to Christ, it was at least the second time he had converted from one religion to another. We don’t know if, or how many times, he shifted from one form of paganism to another before he became a Jewish proselyte. His ability to easily change religious “hats” implies that he was not afraid to switch direction in midstream and go a totally different direction.
According to the writings of the Early Church leaders, Nicolas taught a doctrine of compromise, implying that total separation between Christianity and the practice of occult paganism was not essential. From Early Church records, it seems apparent that this Nicolas of Antioch was so immersed in occultism, Judaism, and Christianity that he had a stomach for all of it. He had no problem intermingling these belief systems in various concoctions and saw no reason why believers couldn’t continue to fellowship with those still immersed in the black magic of the Roman empire and its countless mystery cults.

Occultism was a major force that warred against the Early Church. In Ephesus, the primary pagan religion was the worship of Diana (Artemis). There were many other forms of idolatry in Ephesus, but this was the primary object of occult worship in that city. In the city of Pergamos, there were numerous dark and sinister forms of occultism, causing Pergamos to be one of the most wicked cities in the history of the ancient world. In both of these cities, believers were lambasted and persecuted fiercely by adherents of pagan religions, forced to contend with paganism on a level far beyond all other cities.

It was very hard for believers to live separately from all the activities of paganism because paganism and its religions were the center of life in these cities. Slipping in and out of paganism would have been very easy for young or weak believers to do since most of their families and friends were still pagans. A converted Gentile would have found it very difficult to stay away from all pagan influence.

It is significant that the “deeds” and “doctrines” of the Nicolaitans are only mentioned in connection with the churches in these two occultic and pagan cities. It seems that the “doctrine” of the Nicolaitans was that it was all right to have one foot in both worlds and that one needn’t be so strict about separation from the world in order to be a Christian. This, in fact, was the “doctrine” of the Nicolaitans that Jesus “hated.” It led to a weak version of Christianity that was without power and without conviction — a defeated, worldly type of Christianity.

Nicolas’ deep roots in paganism may have produced in him a tolerance for occultism and paganism. Growing up in this perverted spiritual environment may have caused him to view these belief systems as not so damaging or dangerous. This wrong perception would have resulted in a very liberal viewpoint that encouraged people to stay connected to the world. This is what numerous Bible scholars believe about the Nicolaitans.

This kind of teaching would result in nothing but total defeat for its followers. When believers allow sin and compromise to be in their lives, it drains away the power in the work of the Cross and the power of the Spirit that is resident in a believer’s life. This is the reason the name Nicolas is so vital to this discussion. The evil fruit of Nicolas’ “doctrine” encouraged worldly participation, leading people to indulge in sin and a lowered godly standard. In this way he literally conquered the people.

God wants to make sure we understand the doctrine the Nicolaitans taught, so Balaam’s actions are given as an example of their doctrine and actions. Revelation 2:14,15 says, “But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication. So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.”

When Balaam could not successfully cure the people of God, he used another method to destroy them. He seduced them into unbridled, sensual living by dangling the prostitutes of Moab before the men of Israel. Numbers 25:1-3 tells us, “And Israel abode in Shittim, and the people began to commit whoredom with the daughters of Moab. And they [the daughters of Moab] called the people [the men of Israel] unto the sacrifices of their gods: and the people [the men of Israel] did eat, and bowed down to their gods. And Israel joined himself unto Baal-peor….”

Just as the men of Israel compromised themselves with the world and false religions, now the “doctrine” of the Nicolaitans was encouraging compromise. As you are well aware, compromise with the world always results in a weakened and powerless form of Christianity. This was the reason Jesus “hated” the “doctrine” and the “deeds” of the Nicolaitans.

https://renner.org/who-were-nicolaitans-what-was-doctrine-deeds/
The Church of Ephesus. Hi Red, The word "Nicolaitans" comes from the Greek compound word, "nico-laos", signifying ,"conquerors, or overcomers of the people, or laity." The early Church fathers (Ignatius, Irenaeus, Clement of Alexandeia, Tertullian and Hippolytus), refers to those who while, professing them selves to be Christians, lived licentiously. What became deeds in Ephesus (Rev. 2:6) , Became a doctrine in The Church of Pergamum (Rev. 2:15) This indicating the beginning of priestly assumptions (Setting up of pastors or elders to be a clergy over the people) instead of an equal brotherhood (a kingdom of priest and king as sons of God, Rev. 1:6) It was the beginning of Catholicism in Ephesus and became a complete Catholicism Doctrine in Pergamum . There is no Laity in the body of Christ. The Pastor / teacher was to bring every believer, up to the full knowledge of the Gospel to be an equal brotherhood. Those churches that keep the congregation in the pews have usurped Christs authority instead of Christ being the head of the Church. That means every born again believer is to become a disciple of Christ. There has to be someone called to teach, but we are Christ's sheep.....not the pastors. Hell will be full of church goers and those who lead them to themselves and not to Christ.

Daciple

Star
Showing that the Bible describes positions of function is different than hierarchical levels of authority. Man has declared levels of authority for those functions that can’t be found in scripture.
So you dont believe that there ought to be a leader to make a final decision in a functioning Church? That someone should not be placed in that specific role to lead the Church Body?

I think that the Bible and God Himself ordains that certain people be put into positions of authority to run the functioning of a Church. It would be absolute chaos if there wasnt authority granted to certain people to make decisions. I mean it would be all great and wonderful if all Christians just got along and every gathering of Christians we all agreed in every little thing and it was all perfect. However that is not reality, people disagree, things happen and there ought to be a singular man of God that has been granted authority by the Congregation to oversee and make the correct dealings when it comes to the function of the Church.

However again, this is NOT in any manner saying that the Pastor is actually more Spiritual than anyone else, at least if you belong to a good Church with a good Pastor. My Pastor makes it known services after service, this is NOT his Church, this is NOT his service, this is Gods Church and Gods service, we are all equal before Christ and we all have the same opportunity to sing or testify or whatever it is that God places on our hearts to do for His Glory.

The only distinction between people in the Church is functionally and of course wether or not a man has been called by God Himself to Preach the Gospel. I can stand up, testify, sing, share Scripture, or whatever, but I have yet to be called to Preach so I can not get behind the Pulpit and preach. Only God called Preachers are and should only be allowed to Preach behind the Pulpit otherwise you have what we see today a bunch of people who decided in and of themselves to go to some college get a piece of paper and then get up in front of people and give them dry, weak and false "sermons" that do nothing but slide people into Hell.

So indeed God Himself and the Bible itself declares that there are to be position and people in authority, but they are not to abuse their positions or try and Lord themselves over others. Nor are any of them any more or less Spiritual before God...

As far as following the Torah if you follow what you claimed m Paul says that we are not to follow the law then you have to reject James who clearly still followed the law.
Lol right you mean the same exact James that said this?

Acts 15:13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:
14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.
18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.
19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

This James who speficially declared that there was NOTHING in the Law of Moses to follow save to abstain from pollutions of idols, fornication and things strangled and blood? Yeah you can make up all the nonsense you want but it is very very clear in Scripture that the Gentiles are NOT commanded to ever follow the Law of Moses and instead it is very very clear that they are commanded NOT to follow the Law of Moses.

It still baffles me that people can even try and make these arguments when Acts 15, a whole entire chapter was dedicated about this exact thing and it ends saying that it was good to ALL the Apostles, to the Elders and more importantly to the Holy Ghost, God Himself NOT to have ANY of the Gentiles follow ANY of the Law of Moses save the 4 things already listed.

It is simply willful ignorance to declare anything else concerning the Law of Moses apart from their sentence, TROUBLE THEM NOT...