The Democratic Primaries

Wigi

Veteran
"Authoritarian" Well yes you need to have some form of authoritarianism when you have powerful hostile nations trying to overthrow and infiltrate your nation. Any country in the world would enforce various levels of authoritarianism in such a situation.
USSR was multi ethnic, multi religious
Are you aware that those things happened in good ol' USSR :

Even in 1970 'It was legally possible to deprive parents of their children if they failed to raise them as atheists.'

It doesn't sounds multi religious and I think it's interesting that you're using the term nazi propaganda while communists pactised with nazis in their mutual hatred of jews.

weskrongden

Veteran
I've read over Biden's campaign page a little more closely because of the results and it sucks in comparison to Sanders. It is the standard political crap with a lot of plans to "expand" things. So basically nothing will get done for four years is what I'm thinking. Nothing ever expands whenever a politician uses this word. "Expand" is like the first word they teach you to use in a political neurolinguistic programming course or something.

On the brighter side, Missouri, Michigan, and even Mississippi have more combined democratic votes and if this were a race against Trump, all three states would be blue. I would rather have nothing get done than another 4 years of Trump.
Missouri and Mississippi aren't going blue LOL, 0% chance. That's like saying Massachusetts or Oregon going red. Not sure what your point is there?

Trump hasn't done much at all. The only pieces of legislation passed were the tax cuts and criminal justice reform (which I don't like but some of you might.) I don't get the big hysteria over Trump. I guess it's the Tweets because actual policy is run of the mill Republican stuff. Tax cuts and deregulation, that's all pretty much.

DavidSon

Star
Biden is an easy lay up for Trump to hit. This was all staged from the get go. The Trump team even knew Biden would be the candidate before Biden even jumped into the race, and that is why they went digging in Ukraine.

I expect Trump to hit Biden hard on the Ukraine stuff along with other gems probably waiting to be unfolded in the general election. Trump will once again pretend to be "anti-establishment" and paint Biden as the "crooked and corrupt elite" How he will be able to get away with such an outrageous example of Pot calling the Kettle black just shows how stupid Republican voters are, and the fact that Democratic voters are going for a male version of Hillary Clinton who literally has dementia shows how stupid they are.

The world is in a really messed up place unfortunately, we are in for some very dark dark times. Nothing really to be positive about.

I really thought Bernie would win this thing, the Populists on the Left have been completely smashed by the Powers that Be. 2 crushing defeats in Jeremy Corbyn in the UK and Bernie Sanders in the USA.

Its fake right wing "populism" that the elites are clearly trying to build up and protect, and this is a worldwide phenomenon.

I predicted this far right wing psuedo "populist" takeover 7 years ago when I finally stopped listening to Alex Jones, and saw him for what he was.
I had an off-beat thought that the puppet-masters could choose to put Biden in. Drumph may have already served his purpose as Israel's shill. The engineered coronavirus could crash the economy and further expose his ineptitude as a leader. The analysts wildly overestimate his popularity. Let's not forget he lost the popular vote to a universally despised Clinton lol.

In real terms Biden is as dangerous to the world, if not more, and liable to start up new invasions/operations for the war machine. He suffers from the same cognitive disability and would be a blank slate for his handlers to do whatever.

Either way the US is screwed. I'm glad Bernie isn't throwing in the towel though. As his campaign said, only half the delegates have been decided. The "debate" on Sunday should be epic. His issues and the vast difference between he and Biden are worth continuing the fight.

rainerann

Star
Missouri and Mississippi aren't going blue LOL, 0% chance. That's like saying Massachusetts or Oregon going red. Not sure what your point is there?

Trump hasn't done much at all. The only pieces of legislation passed were the tax cuts and criminal justice reform (which I don't like but some of you might.) I don't get the big hysteria over Trump. I guess it's the Tweets because actual policy is run of the mill Republican stuff. Tax cuts and deregulation, that's all pretty much.
On politico, you can select a state and it will show you the vote count for each candidate including trump. I combined sanders and Biden vote count and it was higher than trumps in all three states. It is reasonable to assume sanders and Biden will combine for the main election and I left the vote count for the other candidates out.

Missouri was always more of a swing state that has been red for several years, but there are articles about trump losing support in Missouri. He is also polling with over fifty percent disapproval on various issues in Missouri.

Mississippi may not have had a large republican turn out for this election and that is why the republican presidential vote is lower than the democratic count. This could be the case in many states really so we will have to wait and see. At the moment, the democratic vote count is higher in all swings states plus Missouri and Mississippi. The other southern states were still red.

weskrongden

Veteran
On politico, you can select a state and it will show you the vote count for each candidate including trump. I combined sanders and Biden vote count and it was higher than trumps in all three states. It is reasonable to assume sanders and Biden will combine for the main election and I left the vote count for the other candidates out.

Missouri was always more of a swing state that has been red for several years, but there are articles about trump losing support in Missouri. He is also polling with over fifty percent disapproval on various issues in Missouri.

Mississippi may not have had a large republican turn out for this election and that is why the republican presidential vote is lower than the democratic count. This could be the case in many states really so we will have to wait and see. At the moment, the democratic vote count is higher in all swings states plus Missouri and Mississippi. The other southern states were still red.
Voter turnout in a contested primary vs uncontested. That doesn't mean anything. Dems have no shot in Mississippi or Missouri. Trump won Missouri easily last time and in 2018, Hawley won easily too.

rainerann

Star
Voter turnout in a contested primary vs uncontested. That doesn't mean anything. Dems have no shot in Mississippi or Missouri. Trump won Missouri easily last time and in 2018, Hawley won easily too.
Missouri’s vote went to bill clinton in 1992 and 1996. In 2008, McCain won with 49.36% of the vote compared with Obama’s 49.23%.

Trump has been losing support in Missouri since 2018 even if Hawley won.

“About 23.5 percent of Missouri’s registered voters cast ballots in Tuesday’s presidential preference primary (PPP).

The Missouri Secretary of State’s office says about 973,000 Missourians cast ballots on Tuesday.
The majority of those, about 660,000, voted in the Democratic presidential primary, which former Vice President Joe Biden won.
About 309,000 voted in the Republican primary, which President Donald Trump won.“

That is a substantial lead not including the 229,638 votes that sanders got in Missouri according to politico. Even if more than 23% of Missouri’s voters show up in November, there is a lot of ground they would have to cover to maintain a red state.

Missouri could swing. That’s all I’m saying. They are not a state that is fixed red historically even if they aren’t counted with the other swing states.

Thunderian

Superstar
Just to recap: Biden called a voter full of shit, told a woman to shut up, lied about something we all know he did and said, then told the guy he would go outside with him and slap his face — but Trump’s unprofessional behaviour toward the media (who are NOT reporting this) is much worse.

Vote for Biden: He might insult and threaten to slap you, too.

rainerann

Star
Trumps unprofessional behavior extends far beyond his comments towards the media and is much worse. It is such a manipulation to try to paint a picture that the only offensive things trump says is about the media. Only people with extreme bias present information that is skewed like this.

this is just as sampling of the many things trump has said about a wide range of subjects on Twitter that I found personally offensive.

13. Zero humility here
One of Trump's tweets

yes a person who thinks they have the power to do something like this on a whim rather than consider whether something is right or wrong should not be president. No, people should not suffer consequences like being unfairly left in prison if they don’t show trump adequate gratitude. That’s not the way a fair justice system works.

7. Potential slut shaming
One of Trump's tweets

Yes someone who uses their twitter account as a way to slander someone rather than follow proper channels to address something like this as president of the United States, should not be president.

4. Sorry losers
One of Donald Trump's tweets on his IQ

Has nothing to do with the media, but it is completely unprofessional to brag that your iq is higher as president of the United States. Yet again, this comment is made on Twitter.

2. What did they expect?
One of Donald Trump's tweets on rape in the military

Again, this has nothing to do with calling out the media for anything. In fact, none of these examples had anything to do with the media and they were all offensive, unprofessional, and posted on Twitter where someone is giving the opportunity to sit and really think about what they want to say before they post something. These are not comments off the cuff. These are prepared comments and these Twitter examples are only from one article. There are many articles where these have collected over the last four years.

trump has done nothing to deserve winning a second term in addition to being an intentionally crude person in just about every way.

There is nothing about any of these comments that makes trump into a hero exposing the media.

Lisa

Superstar
Trumps unprofessional behavior extends far beyond his comments towards the media and is much worse. It is such a manipulation to try to paint a picture that the only offensive things trump says is about the media. Only people with extreme bias present information that is skewed like this.

this is just as sampling of the many things trump has said about a wide range of subjects on Twitter that I found personally offensive.

13. Zero humility here
One of Trump's tweets's tweets

yes a person who thinks they have the power to do something like this on a whim rather than consider whether something is right or wrong should not be president. No, people should not suffer consequences like being unfairly left in prison if they don’t show trump adequate gratitude. That’s not the way a fair justice system works.

Yes someone who uses their twitter account as a way to slander someone rather than follow proper channels to address something like this as president of the United States, should not be president.

4. Sorry losers
One of Donald Trump's tweets on his IQ's tweets on his IQ

Has nothing to do with the media, but it is completely unprofessional to brag that your iq is higher as president of the United States. Yet again, this comment is made on Twitter.

2. What did they expect?
One of Donald Trump's tweets on r*pe in the military's tweets on rape in the military

Again, this has nothing to do with calling out the media for anything. In fact, none of these examples had anything to do with the media and they were all offensive, unprofessional, and posted on Twitter where someone is giving the opportunity to sit and really think about what they want to say before they post something. These are not comments off the cuff. These are prepared comments and these Twitter examples are only from one article. There are many articles where these have collected over the last four years.

trump has done nothing to deserve winning a second term in addition to being an intentionally crude person in just about every way.

I think Biden can beat him in a war of stupidity..they are just going to give the presidency back to trump now...

rainerann

Star
I think Biden can beat him in a war of stupidity..they are just going to give the presidency back to trump now...
except he has done nothing beneficial as president. Even when bush jr did his tax cuts, I noticed a difference. With Trump, I think I am even paying more in taxes. He has done nothing that has been economically beneficial from a conservative perspective, and I think this is going to cost him a lot of support. Not yours or people like yourself of course, but the rest of the semi conservative population that don’t look at presidential candidates like pop icons deserving worship.

since 1945, trump has also earned the lowest approval rating for day 1147 in office of every president that has served except Truman and George Bush sr.

George bush sr. is the only president since 1980, to not get a second term and trump could end up being the second. People who seem to be so convinced that trump has been busy over the last four years calling out false narratives seem to be full of false narratives themselves.

Lisa

Superstar
except he has done nothing beneficial as president. Even when bush jr did his tax cuts, I noticed a difference. With Trump, I think I am even paying more in taxes. He has done nothing that has been economically beneficial from a conservative perspective, and I think this is going to cost him a lot of support. Not yours or people like yourself of course, but the rest of the semi conservative population that don’t look at presidential candidates like pop icons deserving worship.

since 1945, trump has also earned the lowest approval rating for day 1147 in office of every president that has served except Truman and George Bush sr.

George bush sr. is the only president since 1980, to not get a second term and trump could end up being the second. People who seem to be so convinced that trump has been busy over the last four years calling out false narratives seem to be full of false narratives themselves.

I think some of the things he says is funny but not everything and I don’t worship the guy. I think he’s done an ok job..but if they are gonna put creepy Joe up to go against trump..I think that’s crazy but then who do they really have..no one.

Kung Fu

Superstar

13. Zero humility here

4. Sorry losers
One of Donald Trump's tweets on his IQ's tweets on his IQ

2. What did they expect?
One of Donald Trump's tweets on r*pe in the military's tweets on rape in the military

There is nothing about any of these comments that makes trump into a hero exposing the media.
This made me laugh because I'm still a little shocked that someone can be president and speak like as if they were in middle school. Dude is a Twitter warrior.

rainerann

Star
I think some of the things he says is funny but not everything and I don’t worship the guy. I think he’s done an ok job..but if they are gonna put creepy Joe up to go against trump..I think that’s crazy but then who do they really have..no one.
honestly, it isn’t impossible for sanders to make a comeback and I am hoping that this stuff about Biden works in his favor. It’s a long shot though because articles in Michigan and Missouri say that voters think Biden has a better chance against trump and beating trump is more important to them. Seems like a stupid way to vote when sanders plan is a more efficient use of what already exists than Biden’s.

Florida is already polling in favor of Biden by a significant margin and that might be it for sanders unless someone posts something really good about Biden that takes this support away.

Who knows how it will turn out. People were willing to overlook trumps grab them by the pussy comment in 2016, so there is no reason why they wouldn’t support Biden’s even if he makes inappropriate comments.

economically, things have stayed the same since Obama too, and I don’t see Biden being much different than Obama. In fact his campaign page references Obama many times. The guy seems to want to edify Obama’s presidency, which is fine considering trump hasn’t done anything that has created a distinction between his presidency and Obama’s economically.

Thunderian

Superstar
Yes, this is much better than Trump. Vote for this guy.

“This is not okay, alright?” the worker said, to which Biden responded, “Don’t tell me that, pal, or I’m going to go out and slap you in the face.”​
“You’re working for me, man!” the worker responded.​
“I’m not working for you,” Biden shot back. “Don’t be such a horse’s ass.”​

rainerann

Star

“This is not okay, alright?” the worker said, to which Biden responded, “Don’t tell me that, pal, or I’m going to go out and slap you in the face.”​
do you ever share anything that isn’t misleading?

Joe Biden had a little outburst today, after a construction worker asked him about the Second Amendment:
You are actively trying to end our Second Amendment right and take away our guns,” the man told Biden as the candidate greeted workers building a Fiat-Chrysler assembly plant.
“You’re full of sh**,” Biden responded. A Biden aide tried to end the discussion, but the candidate silenced her in order to continue speaking with the worker. “I support the Second Amendment … from the very beginning. I have a shotgun. I have a 20-gauge, a 12-gauge. My sons hunt,” he said.
The two men then argued about whether Biden had said he would try to take away Americans’ guns.
“This is not okay, alright?” the worker said, to which Biden responded, “Don’t tell me that, pal, or I’m going to go out and slap you in the face.”
“You’re working for me, man!” the worker responded.
“I’m not working for you,” Biden shot back. “Don’t be such a horse’s ass.”
So this is not just some random thing. This guy accused Biden of trying to take away his guys. Biden disagrees with this. In another article, this guy explains that he believes this because of a viral video saying this. Biden says this video is lying about his position. So this is a perfect example of bias because when trump does the same, people say he is a hero calling out the establishment no matter how rude he is about it.

when Biden claims that this man is saying something that isn’t true about his position on gun control, this is clipped down to the point where this accusation is removed so that all you see is a misleading comment suggesting Biden was randomly insulting someone who was attending his speaking event.

the purity of trump supporters on full display. If you want more support for trump, try reporting on things with more integrity. If you want this outburst to have more meaning, try making an argument in favor of the guy who tried to get some attention by claiming that Biden was trying to take away his guns. This outburst is in regard to an actual issue, that could be appropriately debated. Although, it is not surprising to see trump supporters approaching it in the same childish way that trump demonstrates frequently. Why would his supporters behave any more professionally than trump does himself.

Lisa

Superstar

And really what politician is working for the people that votes them in? They don’t come out millionaires for nothing...

Wigi

Veteran
Although, it is not surprising to see trump supporters approaching it in the same childish way that trump demonstrates frequently. Why would his supporters behave any more professionally than trump does himself.
Sad but true and that's because Trump knows what its fanbase loves : Wrestling talk

Lisa

Superstar
honestly, it isn’t impossible for sanders to make a comeback and I am hoping that this stuff about Biden works in his favor. It’s a long shot though because articles in Michigan and Missouri say that voters think Biden has a better chance against trump and beating trump is more important to them. Seems like a stupid way to vote when sanders plan is a more efficient use of what already exists than Biden’s.

Florida is already polling in favor of Biden by a significant margin and that might be it for sanders unless someone posts something really good about Biden that takes this support away.

Who knows how it will turn out. People were willing to overlook trumps grab them by the pussy comment in 2016, so there is no reason why they wouldn’t support Biden’s even if he makes inappropriate comments.

economically, things have stayed the same since Obama too, and I don’t see Biden being much different than Obama. In fact his campaign page references Obama many times. The guy seems to want to edify Obama’s presidency, which is fine considering trump hasn’t done anything that has created a distinction between his presidency and Obama’s economically.
No stupider than always voting Democrat because that’s how you always vote?

Its not just the inappropriate comments...
1583953119084.jpeg

Thunderian

Superstar
do you ever share anything that isn’t misleading?

So this is not just some random thing. This guy accused Biden of trying to take away his guys. Biden disagrees with this. In another article, this guy explains that he believes this because of a viral video saying this. Biden says this video is lying about his position. So this is a perfect example of bias because when trump does the same, people say he is a hero calling out the establishment no matter how rude he is about it.

when Biden claims that this man is saying something that isn’t true about his position on gun control, this is clipped down to the point where this accusation is removed so that all you see is a misleading comment suggesting Biden was randomly insulting someone who was attending his speaking event.

the purity of trump supporters on full display. If you want more support for trump, try reporting on things with more integrity. If you want this outburst to have more meaning, try making an argument in favor of the guy who tried to get some attention by claiming that Biden was trying to take away his guns. This outburst is in regard to an actual issue, that could be appropriately debated. Although, it is not surprising to see trump supporters approaching it in the same childish way that trump demonstrates frequently. Why would his supporters behave any more professionally than trump does himself.

Do you ever say anything that the media doesn’t tell you to say? You’re unbelievable. You can watch the entire video and see what was said. How am I being misleading?

The man Biden is swearing at, while shaking a finger in his face, asks Biden why he’s working to take guns away, citing a viral video where Biden declares that Beto — who literally said he’s going to take guns away — is going to be in charge of solving the gun problem.

Here’s the video. You can see for yourself what Biden said — the same thing he denies he said in the confrontation.