The Democratic Primaries

justjess

Superstar
He's just channeling his inner Obama
I didn’t like obama either I thought he was soft. But atleast he wasn’t blatantly phony.

Buttigieg has NO inner obama. He’s just pretending to so he can win. He’s fake. Just like Hilary was fake. And it oozes out of every pore of their beings.

I have a problem with fakeness if it wasn’t obvious..

Serveto

Star
More scripted theater by actors masquerading as politicians.
That reminds me of this "plagiarism" controversy retrieved from the collective Memory Hole and which some of us discussed when it happened. Although I don't like to think so, it's possible that professional linguists and other party wonks and consultants have concluded that only a limited number of political cliches are effective, and translate into votes, when talking down to the American electorate of both (and all) parties.

1582908503181.png

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
That reminds me of this "plagiarism" controversy retrieved from the collective Memory Hole and which some of us discussed when it happened. Although I don't like to think so, it's possible that professional linguists and other party wonks and consultants have concluded that only a limited number of political cliches are effective, and translate into votes, when talking down to the American electorate of both (and all) parties.

Puppets all of them.

Aero

Superstar
I didn’t like obama either I thought he was soft. But atleast he wasn’t blatantly phony.

Buttigieg has NO inner obama. He’s just pretending to so he can win. He’s fake. Just like Hilary was fake. And it oozes out of every pore of their beings.

I have a problem with fakeness if it wasn’t obvious..
Yeah, any other white candidate would be instantly disqualified for ripping off any black dude.

I guess he's allowed because he's a homosexual or something.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
More scripted theater by actors masquerading as politicians.
He pulled the old Obama move of "Im a-rollin up my sleeves, gonna get down in the streets with yall. How do you know Im serious? Just listen.... do you hear any Gs on the end of my words? Im a-hankerin-and-a-hunkering to git at it.... git some thangs done fer the Uh-MERican people! Nows whos ready to march with those teachers with me? Whats that you say? My limo is here? THANK YOU AND GOODNIGHT ELVIS DONE LEFT THE BUILDING!"

justjess

Superstar
For the sake of fairness... I do not like sanders plan for national rent control. I agree something should be done to rein in rental prices - make them more affordable. BUT a national rent control policy that caps yearly increases to 3% - when property taxes average a 3% increase per year and are often times even much higher isn’t going to solve anything. People aren’t going to want to take on the headache of being a landlord if they can’t even recoup their expenses and at some point might end up losing money (if property tax increases exceed the amount they are allowed to raise rents).

If we want to make rentals affordable we need to be making sure people are making enough to afford them. Rent control only makes sense in very limited high cost markets.

ohhi9876

Veteran
SC today
I am wondering if the polls are overstating biden support - i think a lot of his "supporters" do not actually show up to vote for him the way bernie's do/will....

Bernie Sanders is the capitalist last stand, just like FDR.

the system is going to crash and some elites understand that Social Democracy is needed to SAVE CAPITALISM from itself.

Professor Richard Wolff on Bernie Sanders.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar

justjess

Superstar
Ok it’s at 1% reporting as of this second... two minutes ago no one was reporting