The Democratic Primaries

Lisa

Superstar
anyone making below 15 an hour would see their quality of life improve as he wants to raise it to $15 an hour... that's not tax code... if they economy is so great why can the GOP at least agree to raise it to 10? i think it is still $7.25!!!!! pretty sick...
The problem with raising the minimum wage is that businesses often give you less hours because they can’t pay that wage and give more hours.

justjess

Superstar
anyone making below 15 an hour would see their quality of life improve as he wants to raise it to $15 an hour... that's not tax code... if the economy is so great why can the GOP at least agree to raise it to 10? i think it is still $7.25!!!!! pretty sick...
It is still 7.25

And trump jus canceled scheduled federal employee raises citing extreme financial conditions.

So it would appear it’s not so great.

Lisa

Superstar

An article from early 2016, before Trump even had the nomination. Unemployment started going down at the end of the Obama administration, yet people want to give Trump all the credit... But again, the rest of what I said remains. I don't see conditions improving all that much for working classing people so until I do, I'm not going to get excited no matter what statistics say.
Working class people seem to do ok where I live.

Lisa

Superstar
You have said repeatedly you have a massive homelessness problem where you live. So that would appear not to be the case. But I am assuming you are too detached to realize.
I don’t live downtown where they mostly are..and I don’t believe I’ve said it was massive just that where my husband works is the core of them because of the soup kitchen etc.

ohhi9876

Veteran
The problem with raising the minimum wage is that businesses often give you less hours because they can’t pay that wage and give more hours.
true that can happen but it is unfortunate
i think whole foods did that.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Theres always an excuse...... but hey, dont pay attention to closely.... look at that Godless, better red than dead Commie pinko Sanders! Hes really a secret billionaire! Hes trying to bankrupt America by guaranteeing a $15 minimum wage!

Lurker

Star
I work in retail grocery and have not heard that to be the case in my area. Another "whole type" store that is doing well in my area is cutting hours though, indicating the company, as a whole, is struggling.

A Freeman

Superstar
Deuteronomy 5:32 Ye shall observe to do therefore as the "I AM" your God hath commanded you: ye shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left.

Matthew 12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

1582327168483.png

The Truth About Politics

justjess

Superstar
I don’t live downtown where they mostly are..and I don’t believe I’ve said it was massive just that where my husband works is the core of them because of the soup kitchen etc.
What do you think creates homeless people Lisa? Do you think it’s a symptom of the working class doing alright?

Do you realize there are scores of wealthy addicts as well that you just don’t see because it doesn’t drive them to homelessness?