The Democratic Primaries

Thunderian

Superstar
Thunderian, if I'm not mistaken you're Canadian and live in Canada but yet you're heavily invested in US politics. Do you have a business in America? Are you paid in American dollars? What am I missing here?

I don't remember you being this invested during the Canadian elections.
What happens in the US directly affects Canada. That’s reason enough for me to take an interest. However, most of my family is American, I used to live there (and may again), and maybe most of all, I just love the USA. It’s the greatest country in history. There has never been a country that has encouraged human freedom like America has, and, as a lover of human freedom myself, it gives me great enjoyment to watch political events down south, as they are a frequent and reassuring example that human freedom is being exercised.

The Canadian political process is over too quickly to build up the steam that the American process generates, and the candidates this last time around were pretty uninteresting, though I did like Jaghmeet Singh. I think I’ve expressed my feeling for Trudeau pretty clearly on this board, but other than that, there’s not much I can do if people don’t care.

Do you not take an interest in countries other than your own? I feel like I’ve seen you posting about Israel on some thread or other.

justjess

Superstar
I am disappointed that warren is not doing better. She is consistently the smartest person in the room.

RU RAH RAH!!

I’d settle for vice or some cabinet position for her. Maybe that would be best.

weskrongden

Veteran
I am disappointed that warren is not doing better. She is consistently the smartest person in the room.

RU RAH RAH!!

I’d settle for vice or some cabinet position for her. Maybe that would be best.
Warren is absolutely terrible and a complete phony. She lied about being Native American, she lied about getting fired for being pregnant, and she lied about Bernie calling her a sexist. She sucks and no one likes her. Thinking about her cringe tweet saying black transpeople built the country LOL.

Lisa

Superstar
Anyone will die in office eventually, if they keep getting voted in.
Most presidents don’t die in office. It doesn’t start out well if a candidate is already experiencing heart trouble.

Thunderian

Superstar
Most presidents don’t die in office. It doesn’t start out well if a candidate is already experiencing heart trouble.
It will be pretty wild if he collapses during his first debate with Trump.

Lisa

Superstar
Trump isn't much younger and is overweight. If you like a candidate, most people will take that chance.
He is overweight but I think most people his age are aren’t they? That being said..he’s not known to have had a heart attack before..

UnderAlienControl

Superstar

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
I don’t think anyone can really argue that a candidate having a heart attack isn’t a concern, no matter who it is, but Bernie seems fine.

And if he does get elected, and is incapacitated for health reasons once in office, wouldn’t that mean that whoever stepped into the role would at least be a little less communisty?