The Day Of Judgement

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Hallelujah

There is probably not a single person alive who isn’t familiar with the word “Hallelujah”. We’ve all heard this word repeated time and again in various contexts. Hallelujah is a Hebrew loan word, it was incorporated into the English language from Hebrew. But what does this word mean in Hebrew?

The word “Hallelujah” (הללויה) is actually two Hebrew words put together: “Hallelu” (הללו) and “Yah” (יה). We call them compound words. Literally “Hallelu” is an exhortation to praise someone or something, addressed to more than one person. The old English translation of “Praise, ye” is, therefore, accurate. “Yah” is a version of יהוה“YHWH” – the English transliteration of the covenant name of Israel’s God.

Jewish belief holds that this name is too holy to be pronounced at all. And regardless, no one knows how to pronounce it correctly. The original Hebrew did not use vowels but only consonants. Most translators, both Jewish and Christian, used the word “Lord” instead. This is a rough translation of another Hebrew name for God (אֲדונָי Adonai).

To signify that YHWH is the original Hebrew word used in the text – all capital letters were used (“LORD” and not simply “Lord”). In Jewish tradition for many centuries people referred to this most holy name of God by simply referring to it as “The Name” (HaShem)or at times even the longer replacement versions such as “Holy One, Blessed be He” (HaKadosh Baruch Chu).

YHWH

IMG_3225.JPG

IMG_3226.JPG

Karlysymon

Superstar
Interesting, how?
The final revelation is not a history book.:);)
Thats what i've been trying to explain all along. Every Christian in this thread has said 'Christ is my lawyer/advocate'. Where are we getting that idea from and why do we need Christ as our lawyer?
That is also why i said, its a beauty we share the fathers of the faith. We both have the account of Sinai, when Moses was given the stone tablets and the ceremonial laws. The latter were foreshadowing Christ's death and the work He'd assume upon ascension. Why did God institute the sacrificial system? The problem though is that Islam doesn't acknowledge the temple services.
We share King Solomon as a prophet. He built the first temple, a real historical structure, later destroyed by the Babylonians, that obviously had services running. Even that isn't acknowledged. To understand why we made that statement, you have to examine the sanctuary service. God deemed it important enough to institute it. Don't you think?

The quran not being a historical book...are you sure about that? Its filled with real historical figures like Solomon, David and Jesus... :)

Thanks for the effort. Much appreciated. I agree with the age of death, seeing as he was 3 years older than Moses and Moses was 80 at the time of the exodus.
Iam just left scratching my head that the 'final revelation' would omit something that important (historical facts btw), seeing as the Jewish economy revolved around high priest and temple services and the fact that every priest and high priest was a direct descendant of Aaron, for thousands of years.
[The Person of Christ can only be understood through that]

(grateful, the promised response is underway)
Karly, the person of Christ can only be understood through the preisthood of Aaron according to your beliefs, not ours.

Islam is the religion of all the prophet's including Jesus, and the Quran corrects and clarifies his true status - it has nothing to do with preisthood.

Hallelujah

There is probably not a single person alive who isn’t familiar with the word “Hallelujah”. We’ve all heard this word repeated time and again in various contexts. Hallelujah is a Hebrew loan word, it was incorporated into the English language from Hebrew. But what does this word mean in Hebrew?

The word “Hallelujah” (הללויה) is actually two Hebrew words put together: “Hallelu” (הללו) and “Yah” (יה). We call them compound words. Literally “Hallelu” is an exhortation to praise someone or something, addressed to more than one person. The old English translation of “Praise, ye” is, therefore, accurate. “Yah” is a version of יהוה“YHWH” – the English transliteration of the covenant name of Israel’s God.

Jewish belief holds that this name is too holy to be pronounced at all. And regardless, no one knows how to pronounce it correctly. The original Hebrew did not use vowels but only consonants. Most translators, both Jewish and Christian, used the word “Lord” instead. This is a rough translation of another Hebrew name for God (אֲדונָי Adonai).

To signify that YHWH is the original Hebrew word used in the text – all capital letters were used (“LORD” and not simply “Lord”). In Jewish tradition for many centuries people referred to this most holy name of God by simply referring to it as “The Name” (HaShem)or at times even the longer replacement versions such as “Holy One, Blessed be He” (HaKadosh Baruch Chu).

YHWH

View attachment 1940

View attachment 1939
Wow, what a stretch.

Karlysymon

Superstar
It has historical accounts but it is not a history book it is a revelation:)

Why?
Haven't some laws and ways of worship have been changed or modified with each Prophet?
Yes, to an extent and here's why. The sacrificial system found its fulfillment in Christ's death, at which moment, the curtain separating the holy and Most holy place was rent in twain thus exposing it. No one, except the high priest, was ever permitted to enter the Most Holy place, where the ark of the covenant rested. He only did so, once a year, on the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur), to offer atonement and cleanse the sanctuary by sprinkling blood on the atonement cover/mercy seat. Christ, actually died during the Passover week.
To reinstitute the sacrificial system, like what they are trying to do at the Temple mount and rebuild the Jewish temple is to make non-effect Jesus' death. A blatant rejection of what was accomplished on the cross.
My contention is; the final revelation to mankind, could atleast have acknowledged the Sanctuary service, given how central it was to the Jewish way of life and the fact that it was instituted at His command. But the wholesale omission is both curious and deeply troubling.
Aaron, actually lost two sons (Nadab and Abihu:Leviticus 10) when they offered unholy fire and they were instantly consumed by fire before the Lord. I take it you don't have that account? I'd love to hear the quranic version of what happened to them.

Karlysymon

Superstar
@grateful servant
Thanks for the link and here's my promised response. I'll quote her as 'you' (even though you denied it :), writing style is similar).

You said:
In addition to this Islam
teaches us that human beings are born without sin and are naturally inclined to worship God alone (without any intermediaries). To retain this state of sinlessness humankind must only follow God’s commandments and strive to live a righteous life.
'You' lost me because you agreed entirely with my argument here, that:
A decay of sorts was set into motion and it encompassed all man's aspects (physical, spiritual,emotional), which, naturally was passed onto posterity. To choose independence from the source of life means only one thing.....death.

Death began the moment they made that decision, isn't that why we all die? If we are born sinless, as in, didn't inherit the original sin, then there is no reason why you and i should die. Christianity teaches that we inherited a defect. Spiritual/emotional deficiencies are manifested in the physical. St Gregory of Sinai clearly stated that forgetfulness of God is a
disease of the soul and of the faculty of reason. It has a direct impact on human memory

We are born with an inclination to evil. We are inherently rebellious. After the Flood, God said to Noah:
Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though EVERY inclination of his heart is evil from childhood Genesis 8:21

The only human who was born sinless and lived a sinless life was Christ:
“Who committed no sin, Nor was deceit found
in His mouth”
. He couldn't inherit an inclination to evil because He is divine. It is impossible for God to sin.
Furthermore, if we were born sinless, i think it would be pretty easy to return to our original estate, don't you think? When was the last time you 'felt sinless'?

You said:
Whenever a person commits a sin, he alone is responsible for that sin. Every person is responsible for his or her own actions. Consequently, no human being who has ever lived is responsible for the
mistakes made by Adam and Eve.
Ezekiel 18:20: the soul that sins is the one who will die.
But sin is something very complex. Sin is transgression of the Law(1 John 3:4). Breaking the Moral law demanded the life of the transgressor simply because it puts you at odds with God. You become a sworn enemy. And that meant that God had to zap Adam and Eve into nothingness but because He is loving and just, He spared their lives but the claims of the Moral law still had to be met, hence atonement. Thats why the Law, written with His own finger at Sinai, cannot be abrogated (even though you've stated otherwise), it is divine and an expression of His character. If it could be done away with/abrogated, Christ need not have come and all this stuff of sin/death/evil could have been solved in Eden. For without the Law, there is no such thing as sin. All He had to do was abrogate it in in Eden but that didn't happen.

You said:
Salvation in Islam is not
required because of the stain of original sin. Salvation is required because humankind
is imperfect and in need of
God’s forgiveness and love.
I don't understand this imperfection. We are born perfect/sinless, right?

Karlysymon

Superstar
PART 2

You said:
Salvation in Islam is through tawheed,
monotheism....It is the belief that God is One, without partner or
associate. There is no god
worthy of worship but Allah,and this is the foundation of Islam. To profess such a belief
along with the belief that Muhammad is His messenger is what makes a person Muslim. To believe in tawheed
with certainty is what guarantees salvation.
The equation in Christianity
Salvation = Justification+Sanctification
Though i wonder at safeguard(s) that will be afforded in heaven, to prevent you from sinning. Yes, Satan won't be around to incessantly tempt but you will remain a free-willed being. And as long as there is free-will, so remains the possibility of rebellion. For Christianity;

The significance of the death of Christ will be
seen by saints and angels. Fallen men could not have a home in the paradise of God without the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Shall we not then exalt the cross of Christ? The angels ascribe honor and glory to Christ, for even they are not secure except by looking to the sufferings of the Son of God. It is through the efficacy of the cross that the angels of heaven are
guarded from apostasy. Without the cross they would be no more secure against evil than were the angels before the fall of Satan. Angelic perfection
failed in heaven. Human
perfection failed in Eden, the paradise of bliss. All who wish for security in earth or heaven must look to the Lamb of God.

The cross provides the antidote to rebellion, both in this age and the age to come.

You said:
Muslims worship God alone without any intermediaries,
when Adam and Eve sinned, they forfeited the priviledge of direct communication with God, as in face to face. How does Islam answer for the 'veil in between'? Again, can 'you' still claim "we weren't punished for Adam's sin"? Since kids are sinless, they should be able to see the face of God, but no, it never happens. Moses asked the same thing of God except, He said, you cannot see My face, for no one may see Me and live."(Exodus 33:12-23) Even though he was a holy man.
(the topic of an intermediary is huge, so cannot go into every detail now because Adam forfeited so much!)
The experience of the sinner meeting with God face to face is portrayed alittle bit in what happened to Moses and the Israelites;
Now it was so, when Moses came down from Mount Sinai (and the two
tablets of the Testimony were in Moses’ hand when
he came down from the
mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone while he talked with Him. So when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were AFRAID to come near him....And when Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil on his face. But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take the veil off until he came out;
Exodus 34:29-35
God is a consuming fire (Hebrews 12:29)

You said:
The Islamic belief about Jesus’crucifixion and death is clear. He did not die to atone for humankind’s sins. There was a plot to crucify Jesus but it did
not succeed; he did not die but rather ascended into heaven.
So, He is the only human being who has never tasted death, right?

Daciple

Star
Sorry but no. There's only one truth when it comes to Almighty God.
Amen!!!

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

There is the one and only Truth when it comes to the Almighty God!!! Jesus IS the Truth, and you shall never reach the Father except by faith in Him and Him alone...

@grateful servant
Thanks for the link and here's my promised response. I'll quote her as 'you' (even though you denied it :), writing style is similar).

'You' lost me because you agreed entirely with my argument here, that:
A decay of sorts was set into motion and it encompassed all man's aspects (physical, spiritual,emotional), which, naturally was passed onto posterity. To choose independence from the source of life means only one thing.....death.

Death began the moment they made that decision, isn't that why we all die? If we are born sinless, as in, didn't inherit the original sin, then there is no reason why you and i should die. Christianity teaches that we inherited a defect. Spiritual/emotional deficiencies are manifested in the physical. St Gregory of Sinai clearly stated that forgetfulness of God is a
disease of the soul and of the faculty of reason. It has a direct impact on human memory

We are born with an inclination to evil. We are inherently rebellious. After the Flood, God said to Noah:
Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though EVERY inclination of his heart is evil from childhood Genesis 8:21

The only human who was born sinless and lived a sinless life was Christ:
“Who committed no sin, Nor was deceit found
in His mouth”
. He couldn't inherit an inclination to evil because He is divine. It is impossible for God to sin.
Furthermore, if we were born sinless, i think it would be pretty easy to return to our original estate, don't you think? When was the last time you 'felt sinless'?

Ezekiel 18:20: the soul that sins is the one who will die.
But sin is something very complex. Sin is transgression of the Law(1 John 3:4). Breaking the Moral law demanded the life of the transgressor simply because it puts you at odds with God. You become a sworn enemy. And that meant that God had to zap Adam and Eve into nothingness but because He is loving and just, He spared their lives but the claims of the Moral law still had to be met, hence atonement. Thats why the Law, written with His own finger at Sinai, cannot be abrogated (even though you've stated otherwise), it is divine and an expression of His character. If it could be done away with/abrogated, Christ need not have come and all this stuff of sin/death/evil could have been solved in Eden. For without the Law, there is no such thing as sin. All He had to do was abrogate it in in Eden but that didn't happen.

I don't understand this imperfection. We are born perfect/sinless, right?
OKay and thank you for your effort, I truly am not the author though. I see you've asked more questions, so I can give a reply in a bit insha'Allah (God Willing).

Amen!!!

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

There is the one and only Truth when it comes to the Almighty God!!! Jesus IS the Truth, and you shall never reach the Father except by faith in Him and Him alone...
Jesus' message was for his people at that time. Jesus is not God but he called his people - the Isrealites, to turn back to God with sincere repentance and submit to His Will. This is the truth about Jesus and the truth about how we must worship God. Almighty God tells us what Jesus said to his people in His final revelation to all of mankind,
And [I have come] confirming what was before me of the Torah and to make lawful for you some of what was forbidden to you. And I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, so fear Allah and obey me. (50) Indeed, Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is the straight path." (51)

Almighty God makes plain and clear the truth about His servant Jesus:

Indeed, the example of Jesus to Allah is like that of Adam. He created Him from dust; then He said to him, "Be," and he was. (59)

The truth is from your Lord, so do not be among the doubters. (60)

Then whoever argues with you about it after [this] knowledge has come to you - say, "Come, let us call our sons and your sons, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves, then supplicate earnestly [together] and invoke the curse of Allah upon the liars [among us]."

Indeed, this is the true narration. And there is no deity except Allah. And indeed, Allah is the Exalted in Might, the Wise. (62)

But if they turn away, then indeed - Allah is Knowing of the corrupters. (63)

Say, "O People of the Scripture, come to a word that is equitable between us and you - that we will not worship except Allah and not associate anything with Him and not take one another as lords instead of Allah." But if they turn away, then say, "Bear witness that we are Muslims [submitting to Him]." (64)

Karlysymon

Superstar
OKay and thank you for your effort, I truly am not the author though. I see you've asked more questions, so I can give a reply in a bit insha'Allah (God Willing).
Take all the time you need, no need to rush it :) . As a teacher, iam sure you're already used to the likes of us...:D