The Day Of Judgement

Etagloc

Superstar
This is something you've said quite a bit, so this is a repost from another thread.

Matthew 18:19-20
Again I say unto you, That
if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

John 14:13-14
And whatsoever ye shall
ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be
glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in My
name, I will do it.

John 16:23-24
And in that day ye shall ask Me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in My name, He will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in My name:ask, and ye shall receive,that your joy may be full.

Christ gave us a directive to ask in prayer through His name with the promise that the Father will act
accordingly. Which directive is, obviously, not present in the quran.
The directive testifies to His divinity and the fact that "when we gather in His name, He is present" (hence omniprescence, an
attribute of God alone).
Interpolations? You decide. All this, with or without Nicene creed.
There is no other prophet
in the bible who gives out
the same directive. His disciples, John and Peter stated:

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.’ (Acts4:12 NIV)

@grateful servant
I've read your post and checked out the source link, i take it you actually wrote it :) ? Don't deny it....
Anyway, iam going to re-read it and master a response...
Well... I like that you take an intellectual and not emotional approach :)

Violette

Star
No it's not.

The road to salvation is through certain belief that there is only One God and that He is Oft Forgiving and Most Merciful.

--------------
SOURCE

Islam teaches us that salvation is attainable through the worship of God alone. A person must believe in God and follow His commandments. This is the same message taught by all the Prophets including Moses and Jesus. There is only One worthy of worship. One God, alone without partners, sons, or daughters. Salvation and thus eternal happiness can be achieved by sincere worship.

In addition to this Islam teaches us that human beings are born without sin and are naturally inclined to worship God alone (without any intermediaries). To retain this state of sinlessness humankind must only follow God’s commandments and strive to live a righteous life. If one falls into sin, all that is required is sincere repentance followed by seeking God’s forgiveness. When a person sins he or she pushes themselves away from the mercy of God, however sincere repentance brings a person back to God.

Salvation is a powerful word that the dictionary defines as the act of preservation or deliverance from destruction, difficulty, or evil. Theologically it is spiritual rescue from sin and its consequences. More specifically, in Christianity it is associated with redemption and the atonement of Jesus. Salvation in Islam is a very different concept. While it does offer deliverance from the fires of hell, it also rejects some of the basic principles of Christianity and states clearly that salvation is attained only through submission to the most merciful, God.

“Those who remember God (always, and in prayers) standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth, (saying), "Our Lord! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to You! (Exalted are You above all that they associate with You as partners). Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire.” (Quran 3:191)

According to Christian doctrine, humankind is considered wayward and sinful. The doctrine of original sin states that humankind is born already tainted by the sin of Adam and therefore separated from God, and in need of a redeemer. Islam on the other hand out rightly rejects the Christian concept of original sin and the notion that humankind is born sinful.

The idea that innocent babies or children are sinful sounds completely absurd to a believer who knows that Islam is about original forgiveness not original sin. Humankind, according to Islam is born in a state of purity, without sin and naturally inclined to worship and praise God. However, human beings are also given freewill and are thus capable of making mistakes and committing sins; they are even capable of committing great evil.

Whenever a person commits a sin, he alone is responsible for that sin. Every person is responsible for his or her own actions. Consequently, no human being who has ever lived is responsible for the mistakes made by Adam and Eve. God says in the Quran:

“And no bearer of burdens shall bear another’s burden.” (Quran 35:18)

Adam and Eve made a mistake, they repented sincerely, and God in His infinite wisdom forgave them. Humankind is not doomed to be punished, generation after generation. The sins of the father are not visited upon the sons.

“Then they both ate of that tree, and so their private parts appeared to them, and they began to stick on themselves the leaves from Paradise for their covering. Thus did Adam disobey his Lord, so he went astray. Then his Lord chose him, and turned to him with forgiveness and gave him guidance.” (Quran 20:121-122)

Above all Islam teaches us that God is the most forgiving, and will go on forgiving, repeatedly. Part of being human is making mistakes. Sometimes the mistakes are made without deliberation or a bad intention, but sometimes we knowingly and deliberately sin and do wrong to others. Therefore as human beings, we are constantly in need of forgiveness.

The life of this world is fraught with trials and tribulations, however God did not abandon humankind to theses tests. God equipped humankind with an intellect and the ability to make choices and decisions. God also gave us words of guidance. As our creator, He is well aware of our nature and eager to guide us on the straight path that leads to eternal bliss.

The Quran is God’s final revelation and it is applicable for all of humankind; all people, all places, all times. Throughout the Quran God continually asks us to turn to Him in repentance and ask for His forgiveness. This is the road to salvation. This is our rescue from destruction.

“And whoever does evil or wrongs himself but afterwards seeks God's forgiveness, he will find God Oft Forgiving, Most Merciful.” (Quran 4:10)

“And O my people! Ask forgiveness of your Lord and then repent to Him, He will send you (from the sky) abundant rain, and add strength to your strength, so do not turn away as criminals, disbelievers in the Oneness of God.” (Quran 11:52)

“Say: ‘O My slaves who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of God, indeed God forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.’” (Quran 39:53)

Quran is not only a book of guidance, it is a book of hope. In it God’s love, mercy, and forgiveness are obvious and thus humankind is reminded not to give in to despair. No matter what sins a person may have committed if he resolutely turns to God, seeking forgiveness his salvation is assured.

Prophet Muhammad described sin as black spots covering the heart. He said, “Indeed if a believer sins, a black spot covers his heart. If he repents, stops the sin, and seeks forgiveness for it, his heart becomes clean again. If he persists (instead of repenting), it increases until it covers his heart…”[1]

Salvation in Islam is not required because of the stain of original sin. Salvation is required because humankind is imperfect and in need of God’s forgiveness and love. In order to understand the concept of salvation correctly we must understand other topics embedded in salvation. These are, understanding the importance of tawheed, or the Oneness of God, and knowing how to repent sincerely . We will discuss these topics in the next two articles.
In part 1 of this series ‘Salvation in Islam’, we learnt that salvation is attained by worshipping the One God. We worship Him alone and we follow His commandments. We also learnt that Islam does not recognise the concept of original sin, thus Muslims believe that all people are born sin-free. In the following article we will discuss the Christian concept of atonement, that is, Jesus dying for the sins of humankind, and we will discover that this concept is totally rejected by Islam. Salvation in Islam is through tawheed, monotheism.

Tawheed is an Arabic word that means oneness, and when we talk about tawheed in relation to God it means realising and affirming God’s oneness. It is the belief that God is One, without partner or associate. There is no god worthy of worship but Allah, and this is the foundation of Islam. To profess such a belief along with the belief that Muhammad is His messenger is what makes a person Muslim. To believe in tawheed with certainty is what guarantees salvation.

“Say (O Muhammad): He is Allah (God), (the Unique) One. Allah, the Eternal (Foundation). He begets not, nor was He begotten; and there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him.” (Quran 112)

“Verily! I am Allah! None has the right to be worshipped but I, so worship Me...” (Quran 20:14)

“He is the Originator of the heavens and the earth. How can He have children when He has no wife? He created all things and He is the All-Knower of everything. Such is Allah, your Lord! La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Creator of all things. So worship Him (Alone), and He is the Trustee, Disposer of affairs, Guardian, over all things. No vision can grasp Him, but His Grasp is over all vision. He is the Most Subtle and Courteous, Well Acquainted with all things.” (Quran 6:101-103)

Muslims worship God alone without any intermediaries, He has no partners, associates, sons, daughters, or helpers. Worship is directed solely to God, for He is the only One worthy of worship. There is nothing greater than God.

The Christian belief that Jesus is the son of God or God himself is in direct opposition to tawheed. The concept of a Trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is also firmly rejected by Islam. The idea that Jesus atoned (or saved our souls) by dying is a concept completely at loggerheads with Islamic belief.

“O people of the Scripture! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of God anything but the truth. The Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, was a Messenger of God and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary and a spirit created by Him; so believe in God and His Messengers. Say not, ‘Trinity!’ Cease; it is better for you! For God is One God, far removed is He from every imperfection, Far Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And God is All Sufficient as a Disposer of affairs.” (Quran 4:171)

The idea of Jesus dying on the cross is central to the Christian belief. It represents the conviction that Jesus died for the sins of humankind. In other words a person’s sins have been ‘paid’ for by Jesus, and one is free to do as he pleases, for in the end he will attain salvation by belief in Jesus. This is absolutely rejected in Islam.

There is no need for God, or even a Prophet of God to sacrifice himself for humankind’s sins in order to buy forgiveness. Islam refuses this view entirely. The foundation of Islam rests on knowing with certainty that nothing should be worshipped but God alone. Forgiveness emanates from the One True God; so, when a person seeks forgiveness, he must turn to God submissively with true remorse and ask for forgiveness, promising not to repeat the sin. Then and only then will sins be forgiven by God Almighty.

Islam teaches that Jesus did not come to atone for the sins of humankind; rather, his purpose was to reaffirm the message of the Prophets before him.

“.. None has the right to be worshipped but God, the One and the Only True God…” (Quran 3:62)

The Islamic belief about Jesus’ crucifixion and death is clear. He did not die to atone for humankind’s sins. There was a plot to crucify Jesus but it did not succeed; he did not die but rather ascended into heaven. In the last days leading up to the Day of Judgement, Jesus will return to this world and continue to spread the belief in the Oneness of God. The Quran tells us that on the Day of Judgement Jesus will deny ever asking the people to worship him instead of, or along with God.

“And (remember) when God will say (on the Day of Resurrection): ‘Jesus, son of Mary! Did you say unto men: Worship me and my mother as two gods besides God?’ He will say, ‘Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner‑self though I do not know what is in Yours; truly, You, only You, are the All‑Knower of all that is hidden (and unseen). Never did I say to them aught except what You (God) did command me to say, Worship God, my Lord, and your Lord. And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up (to heaven), You were the Watcher over them; and You are a Witness to all things.” (Quran 5:116-117)

God tells us in Quran that there is only one unforgiveable sin, and that is if one dies having associated partners with God and did not repent from it before his death.

“Verily, God forgives not that partners should be set up with Him in worship, but He forgives except that (anything else) to whom He pleases, and whoever sets up partners with God in worship, he has indeed invented a tremendous sin.” (Quran 4:48)

In his traditions Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, informed us that God said, “I am the Self-sufficient, I am in no need of having an associate. Thus he who does an action for someone else's sake as well as Mine will have that action renounced by Me to him whom he associated with Me”.[1]

However, even the grave sin of associating partners with God can be forgiven if one truly turns to God, sincerely and with full repentance.

“And verily, I am indeed forgiving to him who repents, believes (in My Oneness, and associates none in worship with Me) and does righteous good deeds, and then remains constant in doing them (till his death).” (Quran 20:82)

“Say to those who have disbelieved, if they cease (from disbelief), their past will be forgiven.” (Quran 8:38)

Every human being can attain salvation by worshipping One God. Staying connected to God and repenting from mistakes and sins is the road to salvation. In the next article, we will talk about conditions of repentance.

The road to salvation is through certain belief that there is only One God and that He is Oft Forgiving and Most Merciful. Islam states unreservedly that there is no such concept as original sin and that God does not require a blood sacrifice in order to forgive humankind for their sins and transgressions.

“Say: "O My slaves who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of God, verily, God forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft Forgiving, Most Merciful.” (Quran 39:53)

Making mistakes, falling short in our obedience to God, forgetting, and committing sins are all part of the imperfect nature of humankind. No human being is free from sin, no matter how good we appear to be and every human being is in need of God’s forgiveness. Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, was keenly aware of this when he spoke to his companions.

“By the One in Whose hand is my soul, if you did not commit sin God would do away with you and bring people who would commit sin then pray for forgiveness.”[1]

“Every son of Adam sins and the best of those who sin are those who repent.”[2]

We are all vulnerable, we all commit sins, and we all need to be forgiven. We have an innate need to feel close to God and God in His infinite wisdom has made the path to forgiveness easy. Prophet Muhammad himself experienced the sublime joy that came from feeling “right” with his Lord. He said, “By God, I seek the forgiveness of God and I turn to Him in repentance more than seventy times each day.”[3]

God, the Creator knows humankind perfectly, He knows our imperfections and our shortcomings, and thus He has prescribed repentance for us and left the door to repentance open until the sun rises from the west (near Judgement Day).

“And turn in repentance and in obedience with true Faith to your Lord and submit to Him, before the torment comes upon you, then you will not be helped.” (Quran 39:54)

“O you who believe! Turn to God with sincere repentance! It may be that your Lord will expiate from you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise)…”(Quran 66:8)

“And all of you beg God to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful.” (Quran 24:31)

Repentance is as easy as turning to God and seeking His mercy and forgiveness. In the darkest hour or longest night, God is waiting for all to ask of Him, and to repent to Him.

“God spreads out His hand at night to accept the repentance of the one who sinned during the day, and He spreads out His hand by day to accept the repentance of the one who sinned during the night, (and that will continue) until the sun rises from the west. ”[4]

There are no transgressions too small or sins to big that God will not be merciful to the one who calls on Him. Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, told the story of a man whose sins seemed to be too big for him to ever have hope of mercy, but God is most wise and oft forgiving. Even those whose lives seem shattered beyond compare and blackened by sin, find comfort.

“There was among the people who came before you a man who killed ninety-nine people. Then he asked about the most knowledgeable person on earth, and was directed to a hermit, so he went to him, told him that he had killed ninety-nine people, and asked if he could be forgiven. The hermit said, ‘No,’ so he killed him, thus completing one hundred. Then he asked about the most knowledgeable person on earth and was directed to a scholar. He told him that he had killed one hundred people, and asked whether he could be forgiven. The scholar said, ‘Yes, what could possibly come between you and repentance? Go to such-and-such a town, for in it there are people who worship God. Go and worship with them, and do not go back to your own town, for it is a bad place.” So the man set off, but when he was halfway there, the angel of death came to him, and the angels of mercy and the angels of wrath began to argue over him. The angels of mercy said: ‘He had repented and was seeking God.’ The angels of wrath said: ‘He never did any good thing.’ An angel in human form came to them, and they asked him to decide the matter. He said, ‘Measure the distance between the two lands (his hometown and the town he was headed for), and whichever of the two he is closest to is the one to which he belongs.’ So they measured the distance, and found that he was closer to the town for which he had been headed, so the angels of mercy took him.” [5]

In another version from the traditions of Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, it says, the man was closer to the righteous town by a hand span, so he was counted among its people.[6]

Repentance is essential for a person to lead a peaceful life. The reward of repentance is a good life close to God and covered with contentment and peace of mind. However, there are three conditions to repentance. They are, giving up the sin, feeling regret forever having committed the sin and resolving never to go back to the sin. If these three conditions are fulfilled with sincerity then God will forgive. If the sin was to do with the rights of another person then there is a fourth condition. That is to restore, if humanly possible, the rights taken away.

God’s mercy and forgiveness are so all encompassing that He will go on forgiving. If a person is sincere, God will forgive him until the moment that the death rattle reaches the throat.

The noted Islamic scholar Ibn Kathir said, “Surely, when hope in continued living diminishes, the Angel of Death comes forth to collect the soul. When the soul reaches the throat, and is gradually pulled out, at that point there is no accepted repentance.”.[7]

Genuine repentance marks the road to salvation. Salvation is attained through sincere worship of God. There is no God but He, the most powerful, the most merciful, the most forgiving.[8]
Your place in paradise depends on your works AND Allah's grace which isn't really gracious since your works have weight in the decision. On judgement day you can enter paradise if your good deeds outweigh your bad ones and if Allah wills it. Grace is the free, unmerited favor from God. You may say your salvation is attainable through God alone but your teachings seem to say otherwise.
  1. "To those who believe and do deeds of righteousness hath Allah promised forgiveness and a great reward," (Surah 5:9).
  2. "And He answers those who believe and do good deeds, and gives them more out of His grace; and (as for) the unbelievers, they shall have a severe punishment," (42:26, online, trans. by M.H. Shakir).
  3. "O you who believe! If you are careful of (your duty to) Allah, He will grant you a distinction and do away with your evils and forgive you; and Allah is the Lord of mighty grace," (8:29, online, trans. by M.H. Shakir).
Babies and children sin too. I'm a preschool teacher so I witness it everyday. Babies a very impatient, selfish, and quick to anger. Children lie, steal, covet, etc. Because they are children they aren't accountable for their sin but they still do sin.
"The Islamic belief about Jesus’ crucifixion and death is clear. He did not die to atone for humankind’s sins. There was a plot to crucify Jesus but it did not succeed; he did not die but rather ascended into heaven. In the last days leading up to the Day of Judgement, Jesus will return to this world and continue to spread the belief in the Oneness of God. The Quran tells us that on the Day of Judgement Jesus will deny ever asking the people to worship him instead of, or along with God."
Jesus died on the cross, rose from the grave, and Jesus will never deny asking people to worship him or equate him with God. The Bible is very historically accurate. The Bible came 500 years before Muhammad. The Bible doesnt need to prove itself, the Quran does. The Bible teaches us about God and the world we live in through historical entries from everyday people. The teachings of the Bible are unique, simple and has no need for the Quran nor does it prophesize Muhammad. The Quran directly attacks foundational bible teachings but still relies on parts of the Bible. I will always trust the what Bible says. Ive gotten pretty off topic but my point is that Islam does teach works based faith and that is very problematic alone.

Violette

Star
Who said good people go to heaven?

Also, please save us the bit about Jesus(pbuh) and how died for our sins because that makes no sense to Muslims, Jews, and or atheists and besides most Muslims on here already know the main tenets of Christianity.
Anyone who thinks being good is a deciding factor for getting into heaven

Your place in paradise depends on your works AND Allah's grace which isn't really gracious since your works have weight in the decision. On judgement day you can enter paradise if your good deeds outweigh your bad ones and if Allah wills it. Grace is the free, unmerited favor from God. You may say your salvation is attainable through God alone but your teachings seem to say otherwise.
  1. "To those who believe and do deeds of righteousness hath Allah promised forgiveness and a great reward," (Surah 5:9).
  2. "And He answers those who believe and do good deeds, and gives them more out of His grace; and (as for) the unbelievers, they shall have a severe punishment," (42:26, online, trans. by M.H. Shakir).
  3. "O you who believe! If you are careful of (your duty to) Allah, He will grant you a distinction and do away with your evils and forgive you; and Allah is the Lord of mighty grace," (8:29, online, trans. by M.H. Shakir).
Babies and children sin too. I'm a preschool teacher so I witness it everyday. Babies a very impatient, selfish, and quick to anger. Children lie, steal, covet, etc. Because they are children they aren't accountable for their sin but they still do sin.
"The Islamic belief about Jesus’ crucifixion and death is clear. He did not die to atone for humankind’s sins. There was a plot to crucify Jesus but it did not succeed; he did not die but rather ascended into heaven. In the last days leading up to the Day of Judgement, Jesus will return to this world and continue to spread the belief in the Oneness of God. The Quran tells us that on the Day of Judgement Jesus will deny ever asking the people to worship him instead of, or along with God."
Jesus died on the cross, rose from the grave, and Jesus will never deny asking people to worship him or equate him with God. The Bible is very historically accurate. The Bible came 500 years before Muhammad. The Bible doesnt need to prove itself, the Quran does. The Bible teaches us about God and the world we live in through historical entries from everyday people. The teachings of the Bible are unique, simple and has no need for the Quran nor does it prophesize Muhammad. The Quran directly attacks foundational bible teachings but still relies on parts of the Bible. I will always trust the what Bible says. Ive gotten pretty off topic but my point is that Islam does teach works based faith and that is very problematic alone.
You have a very poor understanding of Islam and that's too bad. May God give you guidance.

Violette

Star
God knows we're forever sinful, why would he separate us from himself if he's our creator?
Man separated ourselves from God in the garden of Eden. Love requires freedom because true love can only be chosen freely and not forced. Our loving God gave us the free will to chose him but that freedom also leaves room for us to reject him which is exactly what happened at the fall of man.

elsbet

Superstar
Nothing is clear in Christianity. I don't see the justice in being forced to accept Jesus and doing as one wishes in life, with the promise of heaven being based on your acceptance of Jesus and not your character and actions.
That's not the deal-- though I can see how one might have that misconception, as though it is a free pass. But its not, and it doesn't end there. That is where it begins... faith comes first (no one is forced to accept Jesus).

"... doing as one wishes in life, with the promise of heaven"

Romans 7:18
I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh; for I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.

Good works are a byproduct of the indwelling of the Holy spirit. They aren't done by rote or compulsion, or for merit. It's possession. People have an easier time believing that evil is done by someone who is possessed by an evil spirit, than good done by those possessed with the Holy Spirit, I think.. but that's exactly what it is.
Zec. 4:6
Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' says the LORD of Hosts...
Philippians 2:13
For it is God who worketh in you, to will and to do of His good pleasure.

Haich

Superstar
Babies and children sin too.
We don't consider kids accountable for sin since they're not mature enough to understand the severity of their actions.

In Islam, puberty is the age of judgement.

I find it odd you think kids sin, babies too. Sin is an intentional act, babies and kids don't do things intentionally. They learn shame and guilt at almost 5-6 years old. They really have no idea and can't understand what sin is.

Depending on how they were raised, they may have a light understanding of good and bad but they still have trouble adhering to rules...

And please, babies are the most innocent beings on the face of the earth. There's absolutely no way a baby can sin, and if they can, please explain how a baby sins?

Your understanding of sin is so different to mine...

Haich

Superstar
Man separated ourselves from God in the garden of Eden. Love requires freedom because true love can only be chosen freely and not forced. Our loving God gave us the free will to chose him but that freedom also leaves room for us to reject him which is exactly what happened at the fall of man.

So you believe mankind his held accountable for the actions of Adam? Doesn't seem fair to me...

Because of Adam's actions, I can never be good enough for God's mercy as I'm so sinful?

Adam made a mistake, you're painting God to be some really unforgiving being. Adam repented and time went on. People do absolutely unforgivable things even worse than Adam and Eve taking an apple.

So a man takes an apple and we're all doomed for eternity?

DesertRose

Superstar
"ALLELUYA!

Now ask your Christian friend, if he had heard the word - "ALLELUYA." No Christian worth the name will fail to recognize it. Whenever the Christian goes into ecstasy, he exclaims - "Alleluya! Alleluya!", just as we Muslims might exclaim the Takbir - "Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!" Ask him, what is Alleluya? Take him to the Book of Revelation, the last book of the New Testament, Chapter 19; we are informed there that John the disciple of Jesus, saw a vision, in which, why hast thou forsaken me'? (Matthew 27:46).

Please memorize the words - "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani." (Eli - pronounced like L and I in English) Utter the words - ELI, ELI, LAMA SABACHTHANI; ELI, ELI, LAMA SABACHTHANI, to your Christian friends and neighbors and ask them whether these words - "Eli, Eli," sounds like "Jehovah, Jehovah!" to them? No! is the answer if they are not deaf. Ask further, whether "Eli, Eli," sounds like "Abba, Abba!" (meaning father, father! in Hebrew) to them! Again the reply will be "No!" if they are not deaf. Can't they see that the cry is to Allah? "Eli, Eli - Elah, Elah, Allah, Allah!" Let them hear these words from your lips and watch their reactions. No honest person can help agreeing with you.

ALLELUYA!

th the exclamatory particle or exclamation mark, e.g. Stop! Go! Fire! Bang!

Let us repeat the above Tasbih (words of praise) as an Arab or a Jew: ALLE-LU-YA will be YA-ALLE-LU because, as explained above, YA is always at the beginning in both Arabic and Hebrew.

YA ALLE LU would be YA ALLA HU: Meaning, "OH ALLAH!" (You are the Only Being Who deserves worship and Praise) "OH ALLAH!" (You are the Only Being Who deserves worship and Praise).

Unbiased Christians will not fail to recognize Allah as none other than his - El, Eli, Alle, Elah, Alah, Allah. Call upon Him by any name, for His are the Most Beautiful names, as long as those names are not contaminated and as long as they do not conjure up in our minds the images of men or monkeys howsoever glorified they might have been.

THE CONCEPT OF "GOD THE FATHER"

There are many beautiful attributes of God, which are common to both the Holy Quran and the Holy Bible. A lengthy thesis can be written on this. But a very interesting facet I have discovered in this that among the 99 attributes of God given to us in the Holy Quran the word "Father" is not one of them. If the Holy Prophet was the author of the Holy Quran as his adversaries allege, then how could he have avoided the term - Father - for God, for twenty-three years of his prophetic life! Abb, meaning father in Arabic (Abba in Hebrew), is an easier word than Rabb, meaning Lord and Cherisher; yet the attribute Rabb abounds in the Last and Final Revelation of God. The reason for the omission of the word Abb (father) for describing God Almighty is obvious: MANKIND HAD DENIGRATED THAT BEAUTIFUL CONCEPT OF THE LOVING Father in Heaven to being the Father of the "only begotten son" - to being physically like a human being, ....."

Violette

Star
I don't believe kids or babies go to hell for sinning but they still do sin is my point. You really don't think kids sin? They lie, steal things, idolize things, they have tempter tantrums, etc. kids aren't perfect. Babies are the same way. They look at me and hesitate before they do bad things sometimes because they know they're not supposed to do it. They're very quick to anger, they get jealous, they hit and bite each other, blah blah blah. Think of a flawless baby or child and compare that how they really act. Watch nanny 911 and still tell me kids don't sin. They're all too young to be held accountable for their actions but they still do it. It would be different if we were all perfect little humans until we reached puberty and then started sinning but that's not the case. Our perspective of sin is much different because we see the world through different lenses so we will always approach a lot things much differently.
We don't consider kids accountable for sin since they're not mature enough to understand the severity of their actions.

In Islam, puberty is the age of judgement.

I find it odd you think kids sin, babies too. Sin is an intentional act, babies and kids don't do things intentionally. They learn shame and guilt at almost 5-6 years old. They really have no idea and can't understand what sin is.

Depending on how they were raised, they may have a light understanding of good and bad but they still have trouble adhering to rules...

And please, babies are the most innocent beings on the face of the earth. There's absolutely no way a baby can sin, and if they can, please explain how a baby sins?

Your understanding of sin is so different to mine...

DesertRose

Superstar
The Islamic opinion on sin and kids:
"A person is not held accountable for what he does while he or she has not yet reached the age of puberty. A person is not punished for anything he/she does during this period.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) has stated this, “The pen has been raised for three persons (meaning they are not held accountable for what they do): one who is sleeping until he gets up, a child until he reaches the age of puberty, and an insane person until he becomes sane.” (Ahmad, Abu Dawud, At-Tirmidhi, An-Nasa’i, Ibn Majah, and Al-Hakim)

It is out of Allah’s absolute Justice that children are not held accountable for the deeds they do before the age of puberty. Not only this, but out of Allah’s infinite mercy and favor they will be rewarded for any good deed they do as well as those who guide and encourage them to do so."

Karlysymon

Superstar
"Harun (upon him be peace) is mentioned by name in the Holy Quran 20 times. In the Bible he is known as Aaron.
  • When Musa (upon him be peace) was commanded by Allah (Glorified and Exalted is He) to go to Firawn (Pharoah) he made dua for Prophethood to be bestowed on his brother Harun so he could help him. Allah (Glorified and Exalted is He) reproduces this dua in the Holy Quran in Surah Ta Ha:

“Moses said: “O my Lord! Open for me my chest (grant me self-confidence, contentment, and boldness). And ease my task for me; and make loose the knot (the defect) from my tongue, (remove the incorrectness of my speech) that they understand my speech, and appoint for me a helper from my family, Aaron, my brother; increase my strength with him, and let him share my task (of conveying Allah’s Message and Prophethood), and we may glorify You much, and remember You much, Verily! You are of us ever a Well-Seer.“ [20:25-35]

• Harun (upon him be peace) was a gifted speaker, and would often speak for Musa (upon him be peace) who suffered from a speech impediment. He was largely responsible with teaching the Israelites the way of worship as it was laid out in the Torah of that time.
  • Islam holds that Harun (upon him be peace) held no part in causing the Israelites to worship the golden calf. Rather, he was overpowered and was threatened with being killed by his people. When Musa (upon him be peace) returned from the mount, he immediately blamed Harun (upon him be peace) and seized him by his beard, but Harun (upon him be peace) then gave his explanation, after which Musa (upon him be peace) prayed to Allah to forgive both of them.
  • Amir bin Sa’d bin Abi Waqqas (may Allah be pleased with him) reported (on the authority of his father) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) said: “You are in the same position with relation to me as Harun was in relation to Musa but with (this explicit difference) that there is no prophet after me.” [Muslim]

I see there is no acknowledgement that he and his sons were priests. And that is the problem, Islam cannot acknowledge the priesthood because it would have to account for it. Translation: Highpriest was a mediator between God and the children of Israel. He would offer atonement (shedding blood=forgiveness of sins) with the yearly and daily sacrifices as stipulated in Mosaic law, at the command of God. Isn't that where the celebration of Eid Adha comes from? If you put forth that it was abrogated, my question is why was Musa given the command in the first place. Where is the quranic text for the abrogation.
All the 3 Abrahamic faiths testify that Aaron was Moses' brother and right-hand man/spokesman and yet only Islam fails to acknowledge his (and progeny) priestly duties. Why? Islam claims its the final revelation to mankind, well, i want answers. Those claims should hold.

Haich said:
So if you don't ask through Jesus your prayers aren't answered?
Why would He ask that of us if it was unimportant? Christ gave us a directive and thats it. Only a lunatic would say things like 'i'll be present with you when you meet in my name','Lo, Iam with you to the end of the age', knowing full well they are incapable of being omnipresent. What you're asking is similar to what happened between Cain and Abel. After the Fall, the first family was directed to offer burnt offerings to atone for transgression and as a foreshadowing of the ultimate Sacrifice. Cain decided to offer a bloodless offering, in defiance of the command and when God was displeased with his offering, he decided to kill his brother who acted otherwise.

Violette

Star
So you believe mankind his held accountable for the actions of Adam? Doesn't seem fair to me...

Because of Adam's actions, I can never be good enough for God's mercy as I'm so sinful?

Adam made a mistake, you're painting God to be some really unforgiving being. Adam repented and time went on. People do absolutely unforgivable things even worse than Adam and Eve taking an apple.

So a man takes an apple and we're all doomed for eternity?
They didn't just take an apple, you're trivializing a very offensive act. When Adam and Eve defied God they no longer believed and trusted Him, they exchanged the truth for a lie, and they chose to follow the creature instead of the Creator. That is absolutely worthy of severe punishment. They were more intimate with God than you and I could ever be and they still sinned. We're the offspring of imperfect people so we inherited our sin nature from them. The decision I make today will affect my offspring, it's no different with Adam and Eve. We're not all doomed, there's a solution.
For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. (1 Corinthians 15:21–22)

DesertRose

Superstar
Islam fails to acknowledge his (and progeny) priestly duties. Why?
These are the duties Islam acknowledges for Prophet Haroon:
"The Quran delineates the reason presented by Musaa A.S to ask for his brother Haroon A.S’s assistance as follows
“And my brother Haroon, he is more eloquent in speech than I :so send him with me as a helper to confirm and strengthen me: For I fear they may accuse me of falsehood.”(Al-Qasas 28:34)

Plight of Bani Israel under the rule of Pharoah:

At the time of Hazrat Haroon Egypt was confronted with history’s most tyrannical and oppressive ruler Pharoah.The people of Bani Israel led the lives of slaves. They were humiliated and ill-treated by brute rulers. Idolatory and malpractices were prevalent. Bani Israel was plagued with the existence of all kinds of vices and wrong doings. People had put aside the concept of existence of one God, in that situation there was a need of Prophet of Allah to lead them on the right path, so Allah sent Hazrat Haroon A.S to help Prophet Musa A.S to preach Allah’s message in grim circumstances.

Duties of Hazrat HaroonA.S:

Hazrat Haroon actively took the role of a speaker and lucidly presented his thoughts while dealing with people’s affairs. He also presented himself strongly in the royal court of P-pharaoh on behalf of Musa A.S. He together with his brother Musa showed ‘signs’ in order to convince his people to believe in one God. In the court of Pharoah, at the order of Hazrat Musa, Hazrat Haroon A.S displayed a miracle by stretching his rod; he put down his rod on the ground which turned into a monstrous snake. The Pharaoh’s magicians also tried to demonstrate the same act, but the monstrous snake swallowed all other snakes of fake magicians.

Challenges and ordeals:

Hazrat Haroon A.S’s real role begins during the absence of Hazrat Musa A.S who had to stay on Mount Tur at the command of Allah. Musa A.S left Bani Israel in the care of his brother Haroon A.S.Hazrat Haroon had to face dire challenges in carrying out his duty on behalf of Musa A.S On one hand, he had to face Pharaoh and his armies, on the other hand he had to deal with the changing condition of Bani Israel. Disbelievers and hypocrites in the tribe taking advantage of the absence of Musa A.S misled him people of Bani Israel. The situation was much availed by the leader of hypocrites named Samiri who befooled people with his false tricks by making a golden calf and start worshipping it. Hazrat Haroon A.S asked his people not to go astray and remain steadfast.

He said:
“My people it is just a trial for you. Your lord is all Merciful, so follow me and obey my command.”(Surah Taha, 90)
People were persistent in saying that they will worship calf until Musa A.S returns. They said
“We will not stop devoting ourselves to it until Musa returns to us.”(Surah Taha 91)

Hazrat Haroon said “O my people! You have been deceived; your Lord is the most Beneficent. Follow and obey me.”

When Allah told Musa A.S the condition of Bani Isreal, in his absence, Musa A.S was amazed, he hastened back in anger and rage what he saw was malice and corruption all around, people were dancing in front of calf statue, he furiously hold his brother Haroon and inquired him Quran quotes the conversation between two brothers in the following words Musa A.S said
“What an evil thing you did in my absence! Did you want to hasten your Lord’s retribution? Musa A.S put down the divine Tablet, he hold Haroon A.S ”s head and dragged towards himself, at this Hazrat Haroon said:
“Son of my mother, the people overpowered me and almost killed me. Do not give my enemies cause to gloat over me. Do not include me with the wrong doers”

Then Musa A.S prayed to ALLAH:
“My lord forgive me and my brother and admit us to your mercy. You are the most Merciful of all merciful”(Surah AL- Aaraf 150-151)
Worshippers of calf were punished by Allah with severe death, but those who stood firmly by the prophets were granted mercy by Allah.

Death of Hazrat HaronA.S
He died at the age of 123 before Prophet MusaA, S in Sinai Desert.
It is a tragedy that those with weak belief were easily misled by wrongdoers and hence go astray, but those with a strong heart and faith remain steadfast, they truly are the believers. May Allah guide us.
DR: That's about It.....a good lesson for those who bypass the teachings of the Prophet's for the teaching of those that lead astray.

DesertRose

Superstar
When Adam and Eve defied God they no longer believed and trusted Him, they exchanged the truth for a lie, and they chose to follow the creature instead of the Creator. That is absolutely worthy of severe punishment. They were more intimate with God than you and I could ever be and they still sinned. We're the offspring of imperfect people so we inherited our sin nature from them.
The difference with Islam and your story of Adam and Eve is that in Islam unlike Satan they understood their mistake.
They then repented and were forgiven.
This forgiveness is an example for their progeny for eternity.
No need for an inherited 'original sin' that requires the sacrifice of an innocent. This is unfair and not just.
Adam and Eve are examples for their progeny and yes we are imperfect only God is perfect.
Satan's arrogance and pride stopped his repentance.
Living lives and not repenting or asking for forgiveness is the way of those that follow the footsteps of Satan.

Adam and Eve realized they had done wrong but did not know how to ask for forgiveness:

Then learnt Adam from his Lord words of forgiveness, and his Lord turned toward him, for He is Oft-Forgiving and Most Merciful. (2:37)

What were those words taught to Adam?

They said, "Our Lord, we have wronged our souls and if you forgive us not, and bestow not upon us your mercy, we shall be losers. (7:23)

Haich

Superstar
hey didn't just take an apple, you're trivializing a very offensive act. When Adam and Eve defied God they no longer believed and trusted Him, they exchanged the truth for a lie, and they chose to follow the creature instead of the Creator.
There's greater sins is all I'm saying and for someone to give into temptation and the rest of humanity to be held accountable is odd to me.

No, I understand they disobeyed God but the distinction between Islam and Christianity is we believe God forgave them when they repented. They weren't cast to earth for arrogantly disobeying God, they made a mistake and learnt from it. That's the example that we believe we should learn from. When you sin, repent.

So if a man sins he doesn't believe in God or trust him? That's so extreme...

Karlysymon

Superstar
These are the duties Islam acknowledges for Prophet Haroon:
"The Quran delineates the reason presented by Musaa A.S to ask for his brother Haroon A.S’s assistance as follows
“And my brother Haroon, he is more eloquent in speech than I :so send him with me as a helper to confirm and strengthen me: For I fear they may accuse me of falsehood.”(Al-Qasas 28:34)

Plight of Bani Israel under the rule of Pharoah:

At the time of Hazrat Haroon Egypt was confronted with history’s most tyrannical and oppressive ruler Pharoah.The people of Bani Israel led the lives of slaves. They were humiliated and ill-treated by brute rulers. Idolatory and malpractices were prevalent. Bani Israel was plagued with the existence of all kinds of vices and wrong doings. People had put aside the concept of existence of one God, in that situation there was a need of Prophet of Allah to lead them on the right path, so Allah sent Hazrat Haroon A.S to help Prophet Musa A.S to preach Allah’s message in grim circumstances.

Duties of Hazrat HaroonA.S:

Hazrat Haroon actively took the role of a speaker and lucidly presented his thoughts while dealing with people’s affairs. He also presented himself strongly in the royal court of P-pharaoh on behalf of Musa A.S. He together with his brother Musa showed ‘signs’ in order to convince his people to believe in one God. In the court of Pharoah, at the order of Hazrat Musa, Hazrat Haroon A.S displayed a miracle by stretching his rod; he put down his rod on the ground which turned into a monstrous snake. The Pharaoh’s magicians also tried to demonstrate the same act, but the monstrous snake swallowed all other snakes of fake magicians.

Challenges and ordeals:

Hazrat Haroon A.S’s real role begins during the absence of Hazrat Musa A.S who had to stay on Mount Tur at the command of Allah. Musa A.S left Bani Israel in the care of his brother Haroon A.S.Hazrat Haroon had to face dire challenges in carrying out his duty on behalf of Musa A.S On one hand, he had to face Pharaoh and his armies, on the other hand he had to deal with the changing condition of Bani Israel. Disbelievers and hypocrites in the tribe taking advantage of the absence of Musa A.S misled him people of Bani Israel. The situation was much availed by the leader of hypocrites named Samiri who befooled people with his false tricks by making a golden calf and start worshipping it. Hazrat Haroon A.S asked his people not to go astray and remain steadfast.

He said:
“My people it is just a trial for you. Your lord is all Merciful, so follow me and obey my command.”(Surah Taha, 90)
People were persistent in saying that they will worship calf until Musa A.S returns. They said
“We will not stop devoting ourselves to it until Musa returns to us.”(Surah Taha 91)

Hazrat Haroon said “O my people! You have been deceived; your Lord is the most Beneficent. Follow and obey me.”

When Allah told Musa A.S the condition of Bani Isreal, in his absence, Musa A.S was amazed, he hastened back in anger and rage what he saw was malice and corruption all around, people were dancing in front of calf statue, he furiously hold his brother Haroon and inquired him Quran quotes the conversation between two brothers in the following words Musa A.S said
“What an evil thing you did in my absence! Did you want to hasten your Lord’s retribution? Musa A.S put down the divine Tablet, he hold Haroon A.S ”s head and dragged towards himself, at this Hazrat Haroon said:
“Son of my mother, the people overpowered me and almost killed me. Do not give my enemies cause to gloat over me. Do not include me with the wrong doers”

Then Musa A.S prayed to ALLAH:
“My lord forgive me and my brother and admit us to your mercy. You are the most Merciful of all merciful”(Surah AL- Aaraf 150-151)
Worshippers of calf were punished by Allah with severe death, but those who stood firmly by the prophets were granted mercy by Allah.

Death of Hazrat HaronA.S
He died at the age of 123 before Prophet MusaA, S in Sinai Desert.
It is a tragedy that those with weak belief were easily misled by wrongdoers and hence go astray, but those with a strong heart and faith remain steadfast, they truly are the believers. May Allah guide us.
DR: That's about It.....a good lesson for those who bypass the teachings of the Prophet's for the teaching of those that lead astray.
Thanks for the effort. Much appreciated. I agree with the age of death, seeing as he was 3 years older than Moses and Moses was 80 at the time of the exodus.
Iam just left scratching my head that the 'final revelation' would omit something that important (historical facts btw), seeing as the Jewish economy revolved around high priest and temple services and the fact that every priest and high priest was a direct descendant of Aaron, for thousands of years.
[The Person of Christ can only be understood through that]

(grateful, the promised response is underway)

Haich

Superstar
I don't believe kids or babies go to hell for sinning but they still do sin is my point. You really don't think kids sin? They lie, steal things, idolize things, they have tempter tantrums, etc. kids aren't perfect. Babies are the same way. They look at me and hesitate before they do bad things sometimes because they know they're not supposed to do it. They're very quick to anger, they get jealous, they hit and bite each other, blah blah blah. Think of a flawless baby or child and compare that how they really act. Watch nanny 911 and still tell me kids don't sin. They're all too young to be held accountable for their actions but they still do it. It would be different if we were all perfect little humans until we reached puberty and then started sinning but that's not the case. Our perspective of sin is much different because we see the world through different lenses so we will always approach a lot things much differently.
Do Christians expect perfection?
Nothing is ever perfect, except God.

Sin is an intentional act where you defy God. Babies and children can't comprehend the complexity of who God is and what's meant by sin and they certainly don't understand why you should abstain from sin. If they can't comprehend it, how can they be accused of sinning?

Sin is a conscious and deliberate act, babies and kids don't do things with malicious intent. If the outcome is malicious it certainly wasn't intentional as they don't possess the ability to think ahead before they act. This is why it's not sinful if kids fight or if babies are jealous, they don't know any better and should be taught by their care givers or parents.

Babies are innocent, the behaviours you're referencing are primal. A baby will snatch things due to its sense of perception, they believe the item is theirs and they aren't aware they're fighting for it. They just want it back, so if they're hitting you it's not sin!

Anger is not a sin, again, it's a human emotion which can lead to sin. If a kid is angry how's that sinning?

Emotions and feelings are most definitely not sinful in Islam. It's all about the actions which come after them.