The concept of Time: are we prisioners of Time?

John K

Established
I think time is a big problem. We get old and die. Maybe our souls lives forever. But our bodies are getting old every second. The process of life is unfair: born - grow - die.
But most of the people want to live forever and with good shape. It's normal. People would love to stop the time in some point and stop the process , maybe in their 20's or 30's.
But we can't stop the time. Time is a mother fu##.
Also, we need the Time to generate divisions on cells. To grow. The time is like our prision, we can't scape of time. But we need it.
We can't go to the past... we're getting older.

In the other hand, it seems that our souls don't have time. They don't manisfest in our 3 dimension.
And our souls can go to the past and the future at the same moment.
And our soul don't get old and die.
Our souls are free.

Sometimes I imagine how it will be to live without time in our body. To stop cycle... and be young forever. .
What do you think ? Is it possible to live in this earth without time?
Or are we prisioners of time?

Last edited:

Daze

Superstar
From an Islamic point of view... The soul is eternal. It does not age or die. When this flesh dies here the soul is extracted by the angel of death and the trials of the grave will soon begin.

It is said man and woman will be around the age of 35 in paradise. So i assume this is the perfect age.

Far as fairness goes.. I don't have Bill Gates wealth or John Wayne's fame, nor do I have authority over many others like say the President, but I've certainly been blessed in more ways then i could possibly count. I don't think about it much personaly but this life wasn't never meant to be fair. We all learn as kids life really isn't fair. What this life is is a test to see who is the best in deed.

Some people have money, while others need money. Will you give charity or will you hoard your wealth? If you have eyesight, imagine how fair it is to the blind man? If you can walk imagine how fair it is to the one that's paralyzed? I see people at traffic intersections everyday not sure where that days meal is coming from. Did you eat today?

The Prophet of Islam (saw) said "don't look to those who have been given more. Look to those who have been given less."
Just try to be thankful for what you have. If you're sincere you'll get more.

The Prophet (saw) said, “Allah the Almighty said: The son of Adam abuses me. He curses time and I am time, for in my hand are the night and day.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 4549, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim

That is the reality. Accepting or denying it changes nothing really.

Like Lyfe has mentioned, I don't want to live here forever either. Corruption is global. Evil is widespread. For every one in ease 20 more are suffering.. The next life is just infinite times better. No more work, no more fatigue, no more sorrow, ect, ect, ect, ect.... If i can die as a Muslim then i have succeeded. Nothing else matters.

I was never meant to remain here forever, nor were you. None of us were. Eternal life is never coming here with clones / trans-humanism, AI, whatever... every one Will taste death. This i can guarantee you.

Work on fixing your relationship with the Almighty and ask him to guide you to the path that pleases him the most.

floss

Star
Alright, you get a free pass from dying of old age. Which other method of death do you prefer?

floss

Star
I would like to live forever :D

You do have that choice but not through physical means. Only by Grace through Faith in Jesus Christ that you can obtain eternal life. You will receive a new glorified body which will be so much better than whatever you're wearing now.

Alanantic

Star
The best way to wake up the soul is to convince it that it's one Dreaming and you're the Dream. Talk to your Self; Man/God to Man/God.

"I have said, ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. -- Psalms 82:6
Is it not written in your law, I said, "Ye are gods"? -- John 10:34

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin