The Coming Saviors – Moshiach, Messiah & Mahdi

friend

Veteran
They are not. The Mahdi myth directly contradicts Who the Christian Messiah is. The Mahdi myth claims the Mahdi will turn the world Muslim and that Jesus will be his sidekick, slaughtering all who do not turn Muslim, including Christians devoted to Jesus. It is absolutely impossible that they are all the same person being waited on.
the Mahdi is just a common man, a future ruler to be.

Jesus is a prophet of God, the promised Messiah to the children of Israel who rejected him, so he will return at the endtimes to defeat and kill the false-messiah accepted by the children of Israel.
He will show all the wrong things inserted by men in the bible without authority and they (christians) will embrace Abrahamic monotheism.

DUSTY

Established
He will show all the wrong things inserted by men in the bible without authority ...
I don't follow what you are saying. How can men insert things in the bible when in fact the entire bible was written by men to begin with? The bible was put together by the Catholic church at 3 different council meetings in the 300s. The men there decided what was 'of God' and what wasn't. They had thousands of books, letters, poems, etc to go through and to choose from. Is the Catholic Church the 'authority' that you are talking about?

friend

Veteran
I don't follow what you are saying. How can men insert things in the bible when in fact the entire bible was written by men to begin with? The bible was put together by the Catholic church at 3 different council meetings in the 300s. The men there decided what was 'of God' and what wasn't. They had thousands of books, letters, poems, etc to go through and to choose from. Is the Catholic Church the 'authority' that you are talking about?
It is difficult for me to discuss in text format so good to listen to these interesting and thoughtful debates about the reliability of the Bible if you are serious :