The church of England is making god non binary. Yes you read that right

Lyfe

Star
His Majesty the King Ultimately.

Our two archbishops and 24 other bishops sit in the House of Lords, making a major contribution to Parliament's work. They are known as Lords Spiritual.

His Majesty the King
is the Supreme Governor of the Church of England. The King appoints archbishops, bishops and deans of cathedrals on the advice of the Prime Minister

I'm with @Red Sky at Morning with thinking the Anglican Church will split off from that or hope they do. I have some Anglican friends and used to attend their church years ago and know they looked up to the Archbishop of Canterbury. The Methodist church is now imploding from liberalism leading some churches to disassociate from them.
Who runs the king? :(

Elsbet's Ire

Rookie
The church of England is already failing.... Many church of England followers are moving to the Catholic church.
A lateral move, to be sure.

It's been a church based on lies since its inception. Just an excuse for the royals to play god themselves. It's why I have up religion, I could not condone what the church of England stood for and that was way back in the 90s. I'm not atheist. I was was for a bit but I find they are a religion too. One that is full of arrogance, I just find atheists disdainful.
I tend to agree, here.
If one is truly atheist, it seems like s/he
would be (for the most part, anyway) indifferent. However, that is rarely the case.

Honestly I don't know what I am
I've been searching for a while but I know the church of England is not a good place.
There really isn't a requirement to associate yourself with any of these long-established churches. We are advised to stick together...
Let us not neglect meeting together, as some have made a habit, but let us encourage one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
... but you're a smart woman. Maybe start with the bible-- steer clear of those who deviate from it, and see where God leads you. Just a suggestion.

JoChris

Superstar
The church of England is already failing. Churches are already emptied. Many church of England followers are moving to the Catholic church.

It's been a church based on lies since its inception. Just an excuse for the royals to play god themselves. It's why I have up religion, I could not condone what the church of England stood for and that was way back in the 90s. I'm not atheist. I was was for a bit but I find they are a religion too. One that is full of arrogance, I just find atheists disdainful. Honestly I don't know what I am I've been searching for a while but I know the church of England is not a good place
If you are ever interested in attending a church, it is challenging finding a Bible believing church these days. Apparently Even if you check out their "our beliefs" page, some churches will still say one thing online but teach another.
Because of that, I suggest you check out churches on your general area and watch/listen to their actual sermons first.
Check out what they say against the Bible.
It is sad that the Anglican Church is definitely a no-no now.

If you are ever interested in attending a church, it is challenging finding a Bible believing church these days. Apparently Even if you check out their "our beliefs" page, some churches will still say one thing online but teach another.
Because of that, I suggest you check out churches on your general area and watch/listen to their actual sermons first.
Check out what they say against the Bible.
It is sad that the Anglican Church is definitely a no-no now.
Unfortunately pickings are slim near me. I live in a small city with a large famous cathedral. The cathedral is Anglican too and way more interested in making money from tourism than Jesus Christ. so other churches are few and far

God is androgynous. Father, Son, Holy Spirit (Mother, originally) are metaphors.

But ... do they realise replacing Father with something gender-neutral imperatively deconstructs the Trinity?

TokiEl

Superstar
There is allot of guessing as to where the antichrist will take his throne. The most common presumptions are Turkey, Rome, or England. What do you think?
Antichrist is a term used by John.

He informs us in v19 that antichrists come from christendom... but have become heretics like for instance gnostics.

Therefore the antichrist is the "christian" heretic at the end of the age.

That's the papacy. And anybody doubt that the pope who has a magnificent throne in Rome is in opposition to Jesus Christ ?

1 John 2 18Children, it is the last hour; and just as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. This is how we know it is the last hour. 19They went out from us, but they did not belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us. But their departure made it clear that none of them belonged to us.

20You, however, have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth. 21I have not written to you because you lack knowledge of the truth, but because you have it, and because no lie comes from the truth. 22Who is the liar, if it is not the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, who denies the Father and the Son. 23Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father, but whoever confesses the Son has the Father as well.

24As for you, let what you have heard from the beginning remain in you. If it does, you will also remain in the Son and in the Father. 25And this is the promise that He Himself made to us: eternal life.

26I have written these things to you about those who are trying to deceive you. 27And as for you, the anointing you received from Him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But just as His true and genuine anointing teaches you about all things, so remain in Him as you have been taught.

28And now, little children, remain in Christ,so that when He appears, we may be confident and unashamed before Him at His coming.

29If you know that He is righteous, you also know that everyone who practices righteousness has been born of Him.

Elsbet's Ire

Rookie
God is androgynous. Father, Son, Holy Spirit (Mother, originally) are metaphors.

But ... do they realise replacing Father with something gender-neutral imperatively deconstructs the Trinity?
Androgyny --
iirc, you lean toward gnosticism, and it is not my intent to derail this thread -- I'm not going to address this part.
If I am wrong, please accept my apologies.

Having said that, Art -- I don't think they care.

Why would God have a particular SEX?
He creates.
He does NOT procreate, in the manner of σάρξ (sarx or flesh). He is truly unique-- there is nothing like Him.

Declaring God "non-binary" may be for no higher purpose than causing chaos, and attempting to further demean the name of God.

I'm reminded of the verse in Psalm 37.

... the Lord just laughs, for he sees​
their day of judgment coming.​

Those who "have eyes," so to speak, will see right through it.

Androgyny --
iirc, you lean toward gnosticism, and it is not my intent to derail this thread -- I'm not going to address this part.
If I am wrong, please accept my apologies.

Having said that, Art -- I don't think they care.

Why would God have a particular SEX?
He creates.
He does NOT procreate, in the manner of σάρξ (sarx or flesh). He is truly unique-- there is nothing like Him.

Declaring God "non-binary" may be for no higher purpose than causing chaos, and attempting to further demean the name of God.

I'm reminded of the verse in Psalm 37.

... the Lord just laughs, for he sees​
their day of judgment coming.​

Those who "have eyes," so to speak, will see right through it.

Obviously God is not a biological being, therefore neither sex or gender (as defined by gender theorists) applies to Him. But one doesn't have to go all gnosticky to conceive God's pleroma as consisting of syzygies - ie. the union of opposites, which includes the union of the masculin and feminine - since even the Trinity consists of male (Father, Son) and female (Holy Spirit / Mother) aspects.

The Trinity also forms the model of the human nuclear family, so in this light this evolution to gender-neutralize the Trinity as downstream from the current culture was to be expected.

Elsbet's Ire

Rookie
Obviously God is not a biological being, therefore neither sex or gender (as defined by gender theorists) applies to Him. But one doesn't have to go all gnosticky to conceive God's pleroma as consisting of syzygies - ie. the union of opposites, which includes the union of the masculin and feminine - since even the Trinity consists of male (Father, Son) and female (Holy Spirit / Mother) aspects.
Don't they, though? *
I don't view the Triune nature of God as a union of opposites, and I'm unaware of a biblical reference to the Holy Spirit in the feminine.

The Catholic church, on the other hand, recognizes Mary as the "mother of God."

She is part of (what is now) the 'holy' Quaternity, courtesy of pope Pius XII, who added her to the Godhead (now Catholic dogma) back in 1950. So in that sense, yes-- it could cause quite the dilemma.

* +10 for gnosticky, btw.

Don't they, though? *
I don't view the Triune nature of God as a union of opposites, and I'm unaware of a biblical reference to the Holy Spirit in the feminine.

The Catholic church, on the other hand, recognizes Mary as the "mother of God."

She is part of (what is now) the 'holy' Quaternity, courtesy of pope Pius XII, who added her to the Godhead (now Catholic dogma) back in 1950. So in that sense, yes-- it could cause quite the dilemma.

* +10 for gnosticky, btw.

I think you mean the Assumption of Mary, which doesn't include Mary's ascent to Godhood or becoming an addition to the Trinity.

* +10 for gnosticky, btw. - All credits go to KoncreteMind.

Karlysymon

Superstar
The feminist movement in Western culture is engaged in the slow execution of Christ and Jehovah. Yet very few of the women and men now working for sexual equality within Christianity and Judaism realize the extent of their heresy.We women are going to bring an end to God” ~Naomi Goldenberg"
When Christians claim that "women ordination" is a secondary doctrine that is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things but then they wake a few years later to find that the inconsequential doctrine now threatens the main doctrine....and proceed to bemoan the end point of a slippery slope.

(Rick)Warren read what he called a “love letter” to the convention, noting he is a fourth-generation Southern Baptist who studied at an SBC seminary and received support to start his church from the SBC. He noted Saddleback has baptized tens of thousands of people, many who became church planters, and Saddleback started more than 90 churches in Orange County alone. Saddleback counts more than 24,000 members spread across 15 U.S. campuses and four international campuses.

“We have to decide if we’re gonna treat each other as allies or adversaries,” he told the messengers. “Are we gonna keep bickering over secondary issues, or are we gonna keep the main thing the main thing?”

When it comes to what matters most principles or money is it any surprise the church will cave? Organized religion is the last refuge of scoundrels.