The Carnivore Diet

free2018

Star
I am curious how much bread you have been eating. You can find bread that has no sugar. What exactly is a wanton carb. Also wasn't there some freak diet that said to eat only carbs?
I usually eat bagels once or twice a week. I did it four times last week.

wanton? I meant in context “extravagant “, but I could have just said “ unwanted.”

Lyfe

Star
Bread has carbs and translates into glucose which raise blood sugar levels. If someone isnt consuming any sugar, but allot of carbs(especially refined) its just as bad to health.

I eat around 3 or 4 slices of bread a day. How can you eat a sandwich or burger without bread?

Lyfe

Star
I eat around 3 or 4 slices of bread a day. How can you eat a sandwich or burger without bread?
Dijon mustard is pretty good and has zero carbs and sugar and fat. Hot sauces usually are 0 everything. Mayonnaise is fat but no carbs which works with keto. Pickle slices are almost 0 everything. You can do it all but without the buns and bread.

Hard cheese slices are anmial products and 0 carbs. Keto and carnivore friendly.

Simka

Established
Well, there is such a thing as going overboard, as it sounds like your brother did. Low-carb/ketogenic can be a balanced diet with a wide variety of proteins, lots of vegetables, seeds/nuts, healthy fats, etc. which I highly recommend.

For many people, it has helped reverse diabetes and other blood sugar issues, treated seizures/epilepsy and ADHD, and reduced high blood pressure and high cholesterol while increasing HDL. It's also being researched as a help for/prevention of alzheimers, dementia and other brain disorders. It's not just a weight loss thing, and it's been heavily studied and researched for at least 50 years.

So... while it may not be for you, which I totally respect, it's definitely not a gimmick.
Thanks for this great info! I've been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and need to change my lifestyle completely. Fortunately, I'm not overweight, but still, it is better to lose several pounds. I'm on meds (I buy trulicity online and take it on a daily basis). The most difficult task for me now is to choose a proper diet plan. I read that Keto might be a good choice, and your post has persuaded me to give it a try.

Last edited:

Lyfe

Star
You should look into berberine, chromium piconilate, alpha lipoic acid,and benfotiamine. They are all known to help people with diabetes and keep blood sugar levels low in the body.

Thanks for this great info! I've been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and need to change my lifestyle completely. Fortunately, I'm not overweight, but still, it is better to lose several pounds. The most difficult task for me now is to choose a proper diet plan. I read that Keto might be a good choice, and your post has persuaded me to give it a try.
May I ask why you had to go to the doctor? Were you feeling sick or were you just having a check up or something?

Simka

Established
May I ask why you had to go to the doctor? Were you feeling sick or were you just having a check up or something?
I noticed that something wrong was going on with me. I felt very thirsty and was often hungry. Also, my hands could numb without any reason. I addressed a doctor and did a blood test. It also has to be noted, diabetes can be inherited. As my father had it, I was in the risk group.