The Carnivore Diet

Lurking009

Veteran
I imagine you already know since its kinda common knowledge at this point but weight loss is all about calories in and calories out. You can lose weight on a strict twinkie diet if you burn more calories then you consume.

Obviously eat healthy foods, make sure you get protein so your body eats your fat and not your muscle, but if you want to lose weight find out what your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) is with some online calculator. Here's one. Just enter some basic details like age and height and it will tell you how many calories your body consumes every day.

Then just count calories and eat below that by 100- 500 calories. The more aggressive you are the faster it will take place, but the more difficult it will be to sustain.

Ignore every fad diet out there. Keto, Carnivore, ect. The only thing that matters for fat loss is the calories you consume, and the amount of calories you burn. Even a person who sits in a chair all day is burning considerable calories due to brain, heart, basic bodily functions.

Maintain a negative caloric state and the weight will come off.
Not true, though. Calorie restricted diets don't take carbs into account. A person can eat a low-carb, higher calorie diet and lose just as much weight - probably more - than a person on a calorie restricted diet.

Daze

Superstar
Not true, though. Calorie restricted diets don't take carbs into account. A person can eat a low-carb, higher calorie diet and lose just as much weight - probably more - than a person on a calorie restricted diet.
Sorry, science doesn't agree with you. If you eat more calories then your body consumes you will gain weight. Its literally all about the calories when it comes to a diet. The micro nutrients mean nothing if weight lose / gain is your only goal.

Lurking009

Veteran
Sorry, science doesn't agree with you. If you eat more calories then your body consumes you will gain weight. Its literally all about the calories when it comes to a diet. The micro nutrients mean nothing if weight lose / gain is your only goal.
Sweden - the country - disagrees with you. There are actually plenty of scientific studies and research showing low-carb, higher fat diets absolutely work. If you're stuck on calories, though, I doubt further research will change your mind.

Daze

Superstar
Sweden - the country - disagrees with you. There are actually plenty of scientific studies and research showing low-carb, higher fat diets absolutely work. If you're stuck on calories, though, I doubt further research will change your mind.
Whatever you say Lurk, this is where we agree to disagree.

Really not true dude it's about metabolism and thyroid function. How well your liver is working. Brown and yellow adepose tissue. So many different things that play a role.

e-Enoch

Superstar
The globalists seem to be pushing vegetarianism...and knowing how many people love eating meat, they've been investing heavily on lab grown/synthetic meats, such as chicken for example...and Nestle, a giant food company is into it...

Simka

Established
I read that the Carnivore Diet is high in fat and may contain excessive amounts of sodium. It contains no fiber or beneficial plant compounds and may provide inadequate amounts of certain nutrients. I'm not sure it is worth trying.

Mini Contini

Established
I read that the Carnivore Diet is high in fat and may contain excessive amounts of sodium. It contains no fiber or beneficial plant compounds and may provide inadequate amounts of certain nutrients. I'm not sure it is worth trying.
No sodium, no life. Fiber only slows down digestion, human’s digestive tract can’t break it down, it only takes up all the space. Plus, fat is essential for one’s health, you actually can’t get too much of it. Why? The brain is mostly made of fat, and is the most energy-consuming organ we have. Compared to our bodies, and the size of our brains, our colon tract has a rather diminutive absorption area. So, we should efficiently use the space we have there to make sure we provide our body most essentially with its needs.

Ludo

Rookie
I think a person should receive all kinds of vitamins and minerals, fats, etc. from foods. Eating only meat and animal products, excluding all other foods is strange for me. I do understand that animal products play a very important role, know when it's better to eat it or avoid. The article at https://betterme.world/articles/craving-meat website also mentions when our body requires meat. And I do like meat and animal products, but I'll never limit myself from eating meat.

Last edited:
Our intestines are not a straight tube like for example lions who are carnivores so a meat diet is going to form parasites in there and may cause colon cancer. Best to eat a bit of everything.

polymoog

Superstar
dr russell blaylock (blaylock report) agrees with this also-- he has said several times in his newsletter that the calories from fat are very different that the calories consumed from carbs.

polymoog

Superstar
Keto is very low carb and carnivore is basically no carb with only animal products. Fatty dairy with no carbs is encouraged as well.
the very best meat you can eat is raw meat. raw organ meat especially is a superfood filled with vitamins and minerals. the downside is you are gambling with parasites. dr stanley bass did several experiments years ago and the raw meat diet far outperformed the vegetarian diet (in rat studies).
the early mountain men of the american west (ca. 1805- 1830) ate raw buffalo meat and organ meat almost exclusively and were in perfect health.

cooking anything usually creates toxins. that ESPECIALLY goes for milk/dairy. raw milk is a superfood-- as soon as you boil it, even organic, biodynamic, and grass fed milk becomes unhealthy and mucous forming. raw milk never goes bad-- it simply changes form from milk to clabbered milk to yogurt to thicker yogurt and then to cheese. pasteurized milk will go bad right away.
cooking meat is also toxic to some degree as it starts going rancid in your intestines after its digested. we dont have the ideal intestines for processing meat.

another option you might look into is "high meat". its fermented raw meat. some people thrive on that diet. ive never tried it; i simply know of it.

btw, if you have raw meat, you can make your own jerky: https://www.bitchute.com/video/LLJQEAEMFtER/
the meat will be raw (healthy).

try looking for raw milk or raw milk/cheese products in your area. with the raw milk, you can make kefir and raw milk yogurt. for sure, that will fill you up and it wont have the toxins created by cooking. milk is basically similar to blood.

Lyfe

Star
The idea behind carnivore diet is that its an elimination diet. It eliminates sugars, processed foods, grains, gluten, and anti nutrients found in allot of plants that cause inflamation and allergic reactions. It eliminates carbs and high insulin which is shown to be a primary leader in cardiovascular disease and metabolic syndrome. High and moderate carb diets cause many people to fail because they release hormones that keep people hungry and in a constant state of craving. Sodium and high fat diets arent that detrimental to health if you are ingesting little to no carbs because they are immediately dealt with and used for fuel and energy rather than go to fat storage with high carb diet. Carbs make you hungry and when I was doing carnivore I noticed I had allot more mental clarity and I wasnt always hungry like when I consumed carbs. My sister and many people are losing allot of weight and treating diabetes and other cardiovascular problems. I would wake up and put heavy cream and coconut oil in coffee and that was my breakfast. Not necessarily carnivore cause carnivore emphasizes animal products and coconut oil isnt an animal product, but it has mcts and its still zero carb. Its all High in fat but no protein or carbs and kept me full. Then for dinner I would consume eggs and bacon or omelette or chicken drumsticks or pork shoulder steaks. I stayed away from ground beef because to be honest it got boring and didnt have allot of flavor on its own and without adding something.

polymoog

Superstar
A mix of both. I try to get better meat for lunch.
digesting meat for lunch takes forever to digest. it really slows one down (at least it did for me in the past... for about 2 hours mentally and physically). i like fast-digesting stuff so i can get back to work, full throttle, ASAP. ( i dont mean to preach here-- do what you like-- just providing my opinion, thats all.)

Just focused on zero sugar…
that in itself will do wonders.

free2018

Star
digesting meat for lunch takes forever to digest. it really slows one down (at least it did for me in the past... for about 2 hours mentally and physically). i like fast-digesting stuff so i can get back to work, full throttle, ASAP. ( i dont mean to preach here-- do what you like-- just providing my opinion, thats all.)

that in itself will do wonders.
I get you. I am doing a knockoff of a buddy’s plan.
I personally can’t go without lunch. I usually eat non meat in the morning.

Lurking009

Veteran
@ Daze

The thing i like about carnivore is that so far it works for me. The animal fats and peotein really do their job at keeping me full and eliminating cravings for carbs and sugar. Plus the fat doesnt store cause on carnivore with no carbs it goes straight to energy.

When my diet was carb heavy i would always have cravings and get hungry a couple hours after eating or snacking, but since carnivore these things don't even nag me.
Its easy to do things like omad and intermittent fast which has benefits beyond weight loss. Im moreso doing carnivore for the elimination of cravings and how easy it is to do one meal a day and intermittent fast. I think when it comes to diet people got to stick with something that works for them. There are allot of ways to lose weight and stay healthy. Carnivore is restrictive, but I dont mind it as much cause im not sitting around craving different foods all day.
Low carb and no carb work great for a lot of people. It's true you eat a lot less because fats are satiating. I've not done the carnivore diet, but in general I stick with low carb. When I'm strict (proteins and lots of low carb vegetables), I feel great, Tons of energy, no sugar highs/lows, etc. Hard to describe but I just feel better overall.