The Book of Remembrance

phipps

Star
The record of sins

There is a record also of the sins of men. "For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." Every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment." Says the Saviour: "By thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." Ecclesiastes 12:14; Matthew 12:36, 37. The secret purposes and motives appear in the unerring register; for God "will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts." I Corinthians 4:5. "Behold, it is written before Me, . . . your iniquities, and the iniquities of your fathers together, saith the Lord." Isaiah 65:6, 7.

Every man's work passes in review before God and is registered for faithfulness or unfaithfulness. Opposite each name in the books of heaven is entered with terrible exactness every wrong word, every selfish act, every unfulfilled duty, and every secret sin, with every artful dissembling. Heaven-sent warnings or reproofs neglected, wasted moments, unimproved opportunities, the influence exerted for good or for evil, with its far-reaching results, all are chronicled by the recording angel.

The law of God is the standard by which the characters and the lives of men will be tested in the judgment. Says the wise man: "Fear God, and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment." Ecclesiastes 12:13, 14. The apostle James admonishes his brethren: "So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty." James 2:12.

amazingdiscoveries.org.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
No. We are sealed by the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption.

Tell me how the context changes the verse I quoted?

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us.

Tell me how the context changes that verse from, "It's not our own righteousness that saves us, but Jesus Christ's mercy", to, "I'm saved as long as I'm good." Actually, don't bother. I know you've been told these things, and I said I wouldn't pursue this here.
No. We are sealed by the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption.
You can fight this till you're blue in the face, we are sealed by the Holy Spirit when we have a continuing relationship with God. If we stop that continuing relationship, we won't be sealed and we can even sin against the Holy Spirit. That is the unpardonable sin as I posted above from Matthew 12:31-32. The whole Bible testifies to this and its not only me but others have shown you proof directly from the Bible. There is no security for those who go off and sin and not give up their sins. That is NOT Biblical and never will be! There are conditions to being saved.

Tell me how the context changes the verse I quoted?
As Christians we are supposed to forsake our sins that separated us from God. Isaiah 55:7 says, "Let the wicked forsake his way,
And the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the Lord, And He will have mercy on him;And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon."

So Paul writes, "For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another." Paul is saying that when we come to Christ and forsake our sins, we did not do it of ourselves, "not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life." So if we continue on this journey we will continually have the Holy Spirit. Paul is not talking about eternal security in these verses is he? You are making them mean something they don't mean. Isn't that what taking out of context means?

Paul wrote warnings about grieving away the Holy Spirit. Does he contradict himself? NO! Titus 3:5 was not about Christians who are saved having the Holy Spirit always even when they sin and break God's law.

"And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption." Ephesians 4:30.

"Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies. Test all things; hold fast what is good." 1 Thessalonians 5:19-21.

The apostle John wrote, "He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." 1 John 2:4.
Jesus said in Matthew 7:21, "“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven." These verses do no apply only to the unsaved. They apply to all of us, saved and unsaved. Its not enough to profess Christ, we all have to do His will too.

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
You quote the verses, but you have no idea what they say.

You can fight this till you're blue in the face, we are sealed by the Holy Spirit when we have a continuing relationship with God. If we stop that continuing relationship, we won't be sealed and we can even sin against the Holy Spirit.
That's not what the Bible teaches. We are not saved by our works, we are not sealed by our works, and we are not kept by our works.

That is the unpardonable sin as I posted above from Matthew 12:31-32. The whole Bible testifies to this and its not only me but others have shown you proof directly from the Bible. There is no security for those who go off and sin and not give up their sins. That is NOT Biblical and never will be! There are conditions to being saved.
The unpardonable sin is explained in that passage. The Pharisees accuse Jesus Christ of using the power of Satan to cast out demons. Look at the parallel passage and read the whole thing, for a change.

And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.
And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?
And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.
And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.
No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.
Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Why do you think the unpardonable sin is something we can do, when the Bible plainly tell us it's a specific thing the Pharisees did when Jesus was on this earth?

As Christians we are supposed to forsake our sins that separated us from God. Isaiah 55:7 says, "Let the wicked forsake his way,
And the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the Lord, And He will have mercy on him;And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon."

So Paul writes, "For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another." Paul is saying that when we come to Christ and forsake our sins, we did not do it of ourselves, "not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life." So if we continue on this journey we will continually have the Holy Spirit. Paul is not talking about eternal security in these verses is he? You are making them mean something they don't mean. Isn't that what taking out of context means?
What does the phrase, "not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit," mean? Just read that phrase, and tell me what it means. Focus especially on the part where it says,

not by works of righteousness which we have done

Paul wrote warnings about grieving away the Holy Spirit. Does he contradict himself? NO! Titus 3:5 was not about Christians who are saved having the Holy Spirit always even when they sin and break God's law.

"And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption." Ephesians 4:30.

"Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies. Test all things; hold fast what is good." 1 Thessalonians 5:19-21.

There is no verse anywhere that says that grieving or quenching the Holy Spirit breaks the seal he has sealed us with. Again, you post verses without reading them. We are sealed by the Holy Spirit, but the integrity of the seal is up to us? Do you think you have that kind of power? I sure don't.

Thunderian

Superstar
One last question, @phipps. When Jesus Christ puts you on trial for your sins, which of your good works do you think will count the most toward you getting to keep your salvation?

phipps

Star
You quote the verses, but you have no idea what they say.

That's not what the Bible teaches. We are not saved by our works, we are not sealed by our works, and we are not kept by our works.

The unpardonable sin is explained in that passage. The Pharisees accuse Jesus Christ of using the power of Satan to cast out demons. Look at the parallel passage and read the whole thing, for a change.

And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.

And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?

And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.

Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Why do you think the unpardonable sin is something we can do, when the Bible plainly tell us it's a specific thing the Pharisees did when Jesus was on this earth?

What does the phrase, "not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit," mean? Just read that phrase, and tell me what it means. Focus especially on the part where it says,

not by works of righteousness which we have done

There is no verse anywhere that says that grieving or quenching the Holy Spirit breaks the seal he has sealed us with. Again, you post verses without reading them. We are sealed by the Holy Spirit, but the integrity of the seal is up to us? Do you think you have that kind of power? I sure don't.
This is my last response to you on this subject. I've discussed it enough.

You do not seem to understand that with God, there is no compromise when it comes to sin. Jesus died on the cross for our sins because He could not compromise. If He could, He would have just changed the Ten commandments and would not have had to suffer as He did to pay for our sins. There is no compromise over sin in the Bible. Its some Christian religions that have compromised with the Word and made it so that people think if they sin a little its okay, they will still make it to heaven anyway. They won't and those are the people Jesus will tell, "‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!"’ Matthew 7:23. What is lawlessness? “Sin is lawlessness”. 1 John 3:4. Sin is the breaking of God’s Ten Commandment law. What does the Bible say about those who sin?

"When Jesus had raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, “Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you?” She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.” John 8:10-11.

"He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." 1 John 2:4.

"Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.”" 2 Timothy 2:19.

And stop playing dumb because you're not! I have repeatedly told you that I don't believe in being saved by works because the Bible is clear on that. However our works prove whether we are saved or not. A saved person will not commit adultery, lie or steal. They will not want to hurt God by sinning. Just like Joseph refused to sleep with Potiphar's wife because he did not want to hurt God. He said, "How then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?” Genesis 39:9. This is how we are all supposed to think as saved people.

The unpardonable sin is rejecting the Holy Spirit over and over and not confessing and forsaking our sins, any sins (its not one particular sin), to the point that we don't hear the Holy Spirit's voice until God finally chooses to accept that choice and withdraws the Holy Spirit from us. Love cannot force. King Saul's sins were not the same as the Pharisees' sins or Judas' sins. They were all different sins but what they all had in common is they stopped hearing the Holy Spirit. Their consciences became seared (1 Timothy 4:2). This can happen to anyone of us. That is why Jesus warned all of us us about it. None of us are exempt.

Using the Bible to comply with your doctrine will not change the clear word of God. Let me repeat this for the last time to you, no one is going to heaven who sins and doesn't confess and forsake their sins. Its not me who says this, its the Bible as I've proven here and in the osas forum. If our sins aren't confessed they will stay in the record book of sins and will be used as proof at judgement. If confessed they will be gotten rid of forever because they will be cleansed by the blood of Jesus. There are conditions to being saved and professing Christ is not the only criteria. We have to have a continued relationship with God, praying and studying His Word, forsaking sin and being sanctified until He returns.

"He who covers his sins will not prosper, But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy." Proverbs 28:13.

“But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked man does, shall he live? All the righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; because of the unfaithfulness of which he is guilty and the sin which he has committed, because of them he shall die." Ezekiel 18:24.

"For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses." Hebrews 10:26-28.

"For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”" 2 Peter 2:20-22.

These verses can't be clearer but you ignore them because they don't fit in with your man made doctrine.

Grieving or quenching away the Holy spirit means resisting the Holy Spirit over and over. It means if we continue down that route we are heading towards the unpardonable sin or blaspheming the Holy spirit and that means breaking the seal because we are sealed by the Holy Spirit. Hence Paul warns, "And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption." Meaning we won't be sealed if we continue grieving the Holy Spirit. This sin is deadly because we can permanently grieve away the Holy Spirit. We can go so far away from God, from the promptings of the Holy Spirit, that we spiritually reach the point of no return. That is when it becomes the unpardonable sin or blaspheming the Holy Spirit.
https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/e/22133/t/beyond-mercy

And I read all verses I post. Every single one of them. I also find out where else the same subject is written of in the Bible and compare scrpture with scripture. You don't do that, that is why your doctrine does not harmonise with the Bible. Even now after you know about the record books in heaven(names can be removed), how can you continue to believe in osas? If our names can be removed from the book of life then we can't always be saved too. This is in harmony with the teachings of the Bible not your false doctrine.

I will end by telling you again that you are wrong about this subject. God does not compromise with sin to the point that God Himself had to sacrifice Himself to pay for our sins because the wages of sin is death. Jesus died in our place so that we won't have to die if we accept his gift of salvation and adhere to His Word and precepts.

I'm done with this subject now, the rest I will leave to God.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
The Book of Life

The Bible speaks of a book in heaven that lists the names of all the people who will inherit eternal life. Will your name be included in the Book of Life?

God reveals through His servants, the prophets, that He has a very special book. This is currently an open book containing a registry of names. God deems very precious the individuals whose names are being recorded in it.

This unique book was not made with human hands. Instead, it exists in the heavenly realm. It belongs to Jesus Christ and is called “the Lamb’s Book of Life” (Revelation 21:27). To have one’s name written in this book means that one is considered righteous before God and will inherit eternal life provided he or she remains faithful to the end (Revelation 3:5). To have one’s name blotted out of this book signifies a fate of eternal death (Revelation 3:5; 20:15).

The first mention of this Book of Life is when Moses offered to have his name erased from it. Speaking to God, Moses said, “Oh, these people have committed a great sin, and have made for themselves a god of gold! Yet now, if You will forgive their sin—but if not, I pray, blot me out of Your book which You have written” (Exodus 32:31-32).

God replied to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against Me, I will blot him out of My book” (verse 33). As noble as Moses’ intentions may have been to protect his fellow Israelites from God’s wrath, God will not negotiate with people’s salvation in this way.

Who is currently in the Book of Life?

The Book of Life contains the names of those who have been spiritually converted and who have dedicated their lives to the service of God. Like other servants of God, Moses understood that his name was already written in the Book of Life (Exodus 32:31-32).

Jesus said that Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the prophets will be in the Kingdom of God, so their names are certainly in the Book of Life (Luke 13:28). Jesus further told His disciples to “rejoice because your names are written in heaven” (Luke 10:20). The apostle Paul wrote a letter citing the names of a few faithful brethren alive at the time “whose names are written in the Book of Life” (Philippians 4:3).

What members of the true Church of God have in common with the patriarchs and prophets of old is that they all share the same gift of the Holy Spirit (1 Peter 1:10-12; 2 Peter 1:21). Having God’s Holy Spirit is the key to being granted eternal life in the Kingdom of God (Romans 8:9, 11). Those who will be in God’s Kingdom will have their names in the Book of Life (Malachi 3:16-17).

Can a name be erased from the Book of Life?

God was very clear that a person’s name can be removed from the Book of Life: “Whoever has sinned against Me, I will blot him out of My book” (Exodus 32:33).

At the end of the book of Revelation, a warning stands as a guard defending God’s truth. “For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life” (Revelation 22:18-19).

In the last days, there will be a global resurgence of a false religious system. God says this system of worship of a man will be synonymous with worshipping Satan the devil (Revelation 13:4). The deception will be so great that “all who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world” (verse 8).

Only those who resist participating in this system of worship will be rewarded for their victory over Satan (Revelation 15:2; 17:8; 20:4).

A promise to the faithful

The prophet Daniel, while being given a vision of “a time of trouble” at the end of the age, was told: “At that time your people shall be delivered, every one who is found written in the book [of life]” (Daniel 12:1).

The apostle John was given a vision even farther into the future of “the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God” (Revelation 21:10). It was revealed to John that “there shall by no means enter it [the holy city] anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life” (verse 27).

The prophet Malachi was given a message of correction and warning for God’s wayward people, the Israelites. God still loved His people, though they had strayed from His laws; but He now demanded honour, faithfulness and obedience from them.

God then inspired Malachi to share a wonderful promise of hope. God would grant to those who fear Him the reward of eternal life in the Kingdom of God. They would be identified in a registry called a “book of remembrance” (Malachi 3:16).

This “book of remembrance” is a reference to the Book of Life. As Malachi noted: “Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD listened and heard them; so a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and who meditate on His name. ‘They shall be Mine,’ says the LORD of hosts, ‘On the day that I make them My jewels. And I will spare them as a man spares his own son who serves him’” (Malachi 3:16-17).

This fear of the Lord that Malachi spoke of is a healthy respect and love for God. To fear God and to keep His commandments is the whole duty of man (Ecclesiastes 12:13). To love God is to keep His commandments (1 John 2:5; 5:3).

God remembers the faithful deeds of “those who fear the LORD and who meditate on His name” (Malachi 3:16). This means their godly conversations with each other are being listened to intently, and every act of kindness and mercy is being noted (Matthew 10:42; 25:34-40). To those who care for the needs of others, we’re reminded, “For God is not unjust to forget your work and labour of love which you have shown toward His name” (Hebrews 6:10).

What else does God keep a record of?

Even the struggles of trying to live a godly life against hardship and temptation appear to be recorded in heaven. David, who was destined to be Israel’s next king, asked God to remember his suffering during a low point in his life when he was surrounded by enemies. He said, “You number my wanderings; put my tears into Your bottle; are they not in Your book?” (Psalm 56:8).

Nehemiah may have been making reference to a heavenly record as he prayed: “Remember me, O my God, concerning this, and do not wipe out my good deeds that I have done for the house of my God, and for its services!” (Nehemiah 13:14).

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Continued.

Is there also a record of men’s sins in heaven?

The simple truth is that we will be judged for what we do (Isaiah 66:15-16; Romans 1:18-32). Solomon said, “For God will bring every work into judgment, including every secret thing, whether good or evil” (Ecclesiastes 12:14).

Jesus Christ, after His return and during His judgment of mankind, “will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts” (1 Corinthians 4:5). While here on earth, Jesus also said, “I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned” (Matthew 12:36-37).

While the scriptures we have just seen do not necessarily imply that there is a written record of men’s sins, the reality is that God knows everything we do. And because God has perfect memory, there is indeed a record.

Thankfully, there is a way to have our sins blotted out and remembered no more by God (Hebrews 8:12). This forgiveness is made possible by Jesus Christ paying our death penalty for us, if we repent and accept it.

Through the prophet Ezekiel, God says, “Again, when a wicked man turns away from the wickedness which he committed, and does what is lawful and right, he preserves himself alive. Because he considers and turns away from all the transgressions which he committed, he shall surely live; he shall not die” (Ezekiel 18:27-28). When a wicked man repents of his sins, “none of the transgressions which he has committed shall be remembered against him” (verse 22).

When people repent, God also declares through the prophet Isaiah: “I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins” (Isaiah 43:25).

The basis of God’s judgment

The prophet Daniel, describing the vision he was given of God’s throne room where judgment takes place, said: “I watched till thrones were put in place, and the Ancient of Days was seated. … The court was seated, and the books were opened” (Daniel 7:9-10).

The apostle John was also given a vision of God’s future judgment. John recounted: “Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened” (Revelation 20:11-12).

These books represent the books of the Bible, which contain God’s law—the standard by which everyone’s deeds will be judged. “And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books” (verse 12).

John, still recounting his vision, then explained that an additional book was opened: “And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life” (verse 12). When the process of judgment is finished, the record of names will be examined and “anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire (verse 15).

When is a name entered into the Book of Life?

The apostle Paul explains that the initial step toward salvation is for a person to believe the gospel message of Jesus Christ. “In him you also, who have heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and have believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, which is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory” (Ephesians 1:13-14, Revised Standard Version).

Upon receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit, at that moment a person is begotten into the spiritual family of God (Romans 8:14, 16). When a believer receives the Holy Spirit, the seal of promise, he or she joins the “general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven” (Hebrews 12:23). Thus, a person’s name is entered into the Book of Life.

What must I do to have my name in the Book of Life?

For God to record our names in the Book of Life, we must repent of our sins, be baptized and become spiritually converted. Water baptism symbolizes one’s lifelong commitment to follow God’s way of life (Acts 2:38).

Jesus told His followers, “Do not labour for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him” (John 6:27). Why is it so important for us to do this?
Jesus Christ declares, “He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels” (Revelation 3:5).

https://lifehopeandtruth.com/prophecy/revelation/the-book-of-life/

God doesn't remember our sins. He's hardly going to point them out to Satan, especially if they've been confessed and covered by his blood.
In the Books (plural) in the Great White Throne Judgment, (The second resurrection of the lost). I myself believe that there is a book of deeds that the lost dead will give excuses for why they should enter in (self righteousness), but they will not stand against the Book of their selfish and evil practices...rejecting the blood of Christ. I also believe in this resurrection, that they will be risen in their old corruptible bodies before the lake of Fire.

Thunderian

Superstar
In the Books (plural) in the Great White Throne Judgment, (The second resurrection of the lost). I myself believe that there is a book of deeds that the lost dead will give excuses for why they should enter in (self righteousness), but they will not stand against the Book of their selfish and evil practices...rejecting the blood of Christ. I also believe in this resurrection, that they will be risen in their old corruptible bodies before the lake of Fire.
It's not unscriptural to hold that view at all. That's how trials work. Revelation says the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. I'm sure some will use the opportunity to try and justify themselves, and since they won't have Jesus Christ as their advocate, they will fulfill the old saying that the man who acts as his own lawyer has a fool for a client

I also think you're on target that the lost will be in their corruptible bodies at their judgement. Only the saved are given new bodies.

phipps

Star
Revelation's 20:10-15. It is pointless to object teaching if you don't study the Book Spiritually. (you must be born again)
Did you understand what I posted fully? I didn't deny books wouldn't be opened at the second resurrection for the wicked, that was not the point of what I posted. The point is just about the books in heaven mostly the book of life and why we would be in the book of life, how we got there and how our names can be removed. Also books are and will be opened before the resurrection of the wicked. Read, Daniel 7:9-10, Daniel 12:4-10, Revelation 10:2-4, Revelation 20:4-6. This is not what I wanted you to prove though.

You posted this, "I myself believe that there is a book of deeds that the lost dead will give excuses for why they should enter in (self righteousness), but they will not stand against the Book of their selfish and evil practices...rejecting the blood of Christ. I also believe in this resurrection, that they will be risen in their old corruptible bodies before the lake of Fire." Can you show proof of these beliefs?

And what do you mean by "It is pointless to object teaching if you don't study the Book Spiritually. (you must be born again)"? Do you know me at all and how I study the Bible whether it be spiritually or otherwise?

Last edited:
You posted this, "I myself believe that there is a book of deeds that the lost dead will give excuses for why they should enter in (self righteousness), but they will not stand against the Book of their selfish and evil practices...rejecting the blood of Christ. I also believe in this resurrection, that they will be risen in their old corruptible bodies before the lake of Fire." Can you show proof of these beliefs?

And what do you mean by "It is pointless to object teaching if you don't study the Book Spiritually. (you must be born again)"? Do you know me at all and how I study the Bible whether it be spiritually or otherwise?
I know how you study by YOUR doctrines, and it is carnal...not Spiritual. You hinder the Eternal Grace of God and put the works of man in it's place....You must be born again....Really!

phipps

Star
I know how you study by YOUR doctrines, and it is carnal...not Spiritual.
I don't study a denominational doctrine, I study the Word biblically which is spiritual not carnal. I know myself and you know nothing about me apart from a few posts here that don't even cover most of what I believe in. Who are you to tell me how I study the Bible as though you know the first thing about me. You do not know my heart thank you very much. Only God does.

You hinder the Eternal Grace of God and put the works of man in it's place.
These verses from James 2:14-26 explain well why faith without works is dead.

Faith Without Works Is Dead.

"What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?
If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God. You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

Here are other verses.

“By their fruits you will know them. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles? Just so, every good tree bears good fruit, and a rotten tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a rotten tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire. So by their fruits you will know them. Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not do mighty deeds in your name?’ Then I will declare to them solemnly, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you evildoers’” (Matthew 7:16–23).

We are not saved by works ever however a faithful and saved person will not lie, steal or murder or break any of the other commandments. Only good trees produce good fruit. Everything a faithful and saved person does will be different to the people of the world. The way they talk, dress and handle themselves will be different to people of the world because of God's transforming power through the Holy spirit. This is something that happens as we grow closer to God in prayer, studying His Word and obeying Him. Its called sanctification. We do fall and sin on our Christian journey but then we repent and sin less and less as we grow in our faith. I posted this in my forum about Bible verses about faith. It says, "We are justified by grace through faith, and the natural result of faith in the heart is works that all can see. The works that follow salvation do not make us righteous before God; they simply flow from the regenerated heart as naturally as water flows from a spring." This is biblical.

So the trees that do no bear good fruit are cut down because they are rotten, in other words, their hearts have not been renewed or transformed by God's saving grace. If they don't confess and forsake their sins and allow God to renew them, they will be cut down and thrown in the fire as Matthew 7 says.

Now tell me where I have ever suggested or hinted about being saved by works here or in any other forum? I know I have never and don't. Just people like you who misunderstand because of their doctrines that don't fall in line with the Bible. No one is saved by works, works prove if we are saved or not. If we've let God transform us from the inside out. Matthew 5:16 - "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."

You must be born again....Really!
We are faceless people on here from different parts of the world. How do you know I am not saved? Are you God? You don't know anything.

You didn't put up biblical scripture to prove your beliefs btw.

Last edited:
You didn't put up biblical scripture to prove your beliefs btw.
I should not have to....everything I said is in Scripture is spiritually discerned and a gift of God through the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians Chapter 12) (John Chapter 3). If you have not the Spirit...you are not God's! (Romans Chapter 8). God said let the tares grow together, He will collect them at the end and throw them into the fire (Matthew 13:24-32). But the Born again believer is to contend for the Faith and sound doctrine (Eph. 6:10-20). Lean not unto your own understanding, for there is a way that seems right to men, but there of the ways, lead to death. This is in Scripture too, look it up and be reconciled unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

phipps

Star
I should not have to....everything I said is in Scripture is spiritually discerned and a gift of God through the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians Chapter 12) (John Chapter 3). If you have not the Spirit...you are not God's! (Romans Chapter 8). God said let the tares grow together, He will collect them at the end and throw them into the fire (Matthew 13:24-32). But the Born again believer is to contend for the Faith and sound doctrine (Eph. 6:10-20). Lean not unto your own understanding, for there is a way that seems right to men, but there of the ways, lead to death. This is in Scripture too, look it up and be reconciled unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
I should not have to....everything I said is in Scripture is spiritually discerned and a gift of God through the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians Chapter 12) (John Chapter 3).
What nonsense. Being spiritually discerned means backing up what you preach and so far you've not done that. You can't prove what you said you believe can you? How does a Christian believe anything without first knowing what the Word of God says?

And for your information we are all supposed to be spiritually discerned. We are all supposed to require the Holy Spirit to guide us to understand God's Word. God's Spirit inspired the writing of the Bible, so we need God's spirit to inspire the reading and understanding of the Bible. We are told the spiritual things are spiritually discerned. Paul writes in 1 Corinthians 2:14, "But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." James 1:5 explains, "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." We can expect God to give us wisdom while we're reading, especially when we with an earnest heart ask for His help.

If you have not the Spirit...you are not God's! (Romans Chapter 8). God said let the tares grow together, He will collect them at the end and throw them into the fire (Matthew 13:24-32). But the Born again believer is to contend for the Faith and sound doctrine (Eph. 6:10-20). Lean not unto your own understanding, for there is a way that seems right to men, but there of the ways, lead to death. This is in Scripture too, look it up and be reconciled unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Don't preach at me when you can't show me from the Word of God why you believe what you said you believe. I have provided scripture to prove that I don't believe in being saved by works as you said I do. Its you who has not shown me scripture to prove your beliefs and therefore its your doctrine that is not sound. As far I've seen you're the one leaning on your own understanding and not the Word of God. If you can't use the Word of God to back up what you said you believe, you shouldn't have responded to me. You are just wasting my time. You've said nothing of any use here plus you've not answered any of my questions. All you're doing is judging. Shouldn't you look into you own eye first? Goodbye.

Last edited:
Don't preach at me when you can't show me from the Word of God why you believe what you said you believe.
I gave you Chapters of Scripture...did you not read them or did you not understand them?...By your tone, I see no grace in your spirit and a lot of pride in YOUR doctrines...…..They are certainly not The Lords.

phipps

Star
Bible Verses About The Book Of Life

Exodus 32:31-33 - And Moses returned unto the Lord, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold. Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written. And the Lord said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Psalm 56:8 - Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?

Psalms 69:27-28 - Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness. Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.

Psalm 139:16 - Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

Daniel 12:1 - And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation [even] to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Malachi 3:16 - Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard [it], and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.

Luke 10:20 - Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Philippians 4:3 - And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and [with] other my fellowlabourers, whose names [are] in the book of life.

Hebrews 12:22-23 - But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect.

Revelation 3:1-6 - And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy. He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Revelation 13:8 - And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Revelation 17:8 - The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Revelation 20:11-15 - And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:27 - And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither [whatsoever] worketh abomination, or [maketh] a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

TokiEl

Superstar
Revelation 17:8 - The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
Behold the beast that was and is not and yet is... this is the last global world power... who is still to be seen on the world stage.

But see what the Script says... those who wonder when they will see this beast are not written in the book of life.

In other words if you will be surprised when you see this global world power... it's probably because you're not saved.

If you don't know who this beast is... you're already playing with hellfire.