The Bible Teaches Terrorism and Killing Infants

billy t

Veteran
You will find no verse in the Qur'aan that encourages its followers to kill woman and children. Killing non combatants in war is strictly prohibited. The Qur'aan has many verses prohibiting the pagan arabs from burying female infants alive yet the Bible supports killing woman and children. Here is the evidence.

1 Samuel 15.3. "Thus says the Lord of hosts, ‘I have noted what Amalek did to Israel din opposing them on the way when they came up out of Egypt. 3 Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, fbut kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey".

Christian author George Boyd has a book called God at War wherein he tries to defend this verse by saying that infants were killed because if they grew up they may worship demons and fall into idol worship. In others words the Bible supports terrorism and Christian authors are also in support of it and try to justify it the same way ISIS does.

And what did the sheep and camels do wrong??? Wow just wow.

TokiEl

Superstar
You will find no verse in the Qur'aan that encourages its followers to kill woman and children. Killing non combatants in war is strictly prohibited. The Qur'aan has many verses prohibiting the pagan arabs from burying female infants alive yet the Bible supports killing woman and children. Here is the evidence.

1 Samuel 15.3. "Thus says the Lord of hosts, ‘I have noted what Amalek did to Israel din opposing them on the way when they came up out of Egypt. 3 Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, fbut kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey".

Christian author George Boyd has a book called God at War wherein he tries to defend this verse by saying that infants were killed because if they grew up they may worship demons and fall into idol worship. In others words the Bible supports terrorism and Christian authors are also in support of it and try to justify it the same way ISIS does.

And what did the sheep and camels do wrong??? Wow just wow.
Everybody dies... it's an important part of life.

And sinners may die a bit quicker...

phipps

Star
I find statements like these aren't honest. Rather than seeking an answer to help them understand and therefore believe, many sceptics use it as a weapon to discourage understanding and belief. They also presume that God is incompetent or not completely sovereign.

One of the reasons I know the Bible is the truth is because it would have been easier to leave this story and others like it out of the Bible. But in order to prove to us that God is indeed completely sovereign, just, merciful and competent, this story and others like it were left in. God wants us to understand Him and if we don't, He wants us to ask Him for the answers. He isn't hiding anything.

The Bible most definitely DOES NOT teach terrorism and killing of infants. That is very false and and goes completely against God's character. There is a misconception that God does not kill. He does and the Bible clearly shows us (as you've shown with the Amalekites and more) that God kills. However, He does not murder.

First of all the sixth commandment should really say “Thou shalt not murder.” The Hebrew word for “kill” used in the commandment, “raw-tsakh”, has a deeper meaning than just “to kill.” It applies to murder. It means to kill unlawfully and with wicked intent. Jesus quoted it in this way in Matthew 19:18, “You shall not murder.” God never murders. In fact Revelation 22:15 says that murderers will be cast into the lake of fire! The law does not forbid killing in lawful war, or in our defence where necessary etc.

Secondly, only God has the right to take life. He gives us all life. He sustains our lives moment by moment. So He is well within His rights to stop sustaining our lives at any time He chooses.

But when God kills, He does it for a reason whether we understand the reasons or not. It is always merciful and justified though it may not seem so. In the case of the the Amalekites, they were a source of constant torment to Israel. Shortly after the Israelites left Egypt, the Amalekites attacked the weary people, slaughtering the weak and elderly (Deuteronomy 25:17-19).

The Israelites later avenged the attack and defeated the Amalekites, but failed to completely destroy them. Israel was then plagued with continuous Amalekite raids (Exodus 17:8-16; Samuel 15:2; Numbers 14:45). God destroyed them to protect His people. He knew Amalekite decedents would always hate His people and try to destroy them. Even today, the name Amalek is a symbol for hatred against Jews. The Amalekites were pagan and had child burning rituals, torture as public entertainment, and sexual immorality as sport.

However God does not just kill people. They always have a chance to repent and change their ways as the story of the Ninevites proves. God warned them through the prophet Jonah to change their ways or be utterly destroyed, and they repented and they weren't destroyed (Jonah 3). The Amalekites must have had many chances but did not repent and instead would have continued their hatred, murder and destruction against the Israelites and taught their children and grand children the same had God not destroyed them.

Also, had God not destroyed the Amalekites, this world would be in a much worse state than it is in now considering how bad a state its in already. Sometimes God had to nip entire nations to the third and fourth generations in the bud, to save the rest of us (the flood is another example) because He is just and merciful, He is love and knows the beginning from the end. He knows better than us. The Bible tells us that God’s ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts (Isaiah 55:9; Romans 11:33-36). We have to be willing to trust God and have faith in Him even when we do not understand.

I will add that God saved those innocent children from sinning had they lived and become adults. All children that died before the age of accountability will be saved and will be in heaven and the New earth. Isaiah tells us there will be children in the New earth (Isaiah 65:17-25). So there are children in the resurrection who obviously must have died while they were children.

Last edited:

Wigi

Veteran
The Amalek episode doesn't teach terrorism nor killing infants and infidels but It shows the difference between peace and war in the sight of God.
Amalek never made peace with hebrews as a matter of fact Amalek attacked them by surprise and tried to erase them from the earth.
At that time there was levels of savagery no modern man can even imagine, Amalek with their baal cult practiced child sacrifices and it wouldn't be surprising if they were kidnapping Hebrew children to sacrifice them.
Sin in mankind made stuffs like that happen and God as righteous judge declares when and how the judgment is applied.

But the context of that verse shows something more important which is: if you're allowed to do evil would you choose to do good instead?
Abraham argued with God to spare the righteous who lived in Sodom while Saul as a warlord only wanted to kill and despite what God permitted him to do, he refused to do what was told to him entirely then he tried to murder David.

phipps

Star
The Amalek episode doesn't teach terrorism nor killing infants and infidels but It shows the difference between peace and war in the sight of God.
Amalek never made peace with hebrews as a matter of fact Amalek attacked them by surprise and tried to erase them from the earth.
At that time there was levels of savagery no modern man can even imagine, Amalek with their baal cult practiced child sacrifices and it wouldn't be surprising if they were kidnapping Hebrew children to sacrifice them.
Sin in mankind made stuffs like that happen and God as righteous judge declares when and how the judgment is applied.

But the context of that verse shows something more important which is: if you're allowed to do evil would you choose to do good instead?
Abraham argued with God to spare the righteous who lived in Sodom while Saul as a warlord only wanted to kill and despite what God permitted him to do, he refused to do what was told to him entirely then he tried to murder David.
God must have tried to save the Amalekites, as He did the people before the flood, Sodom and Gamorrah, Saul and as He tries to save us all. They had free will and chose to die because they would not listen.

billy t

Veteran
I never said that killing is forbidden in war. The issue is the killing of WOMAN and CHILDREN which this verse clearly encourages. You claim God gave them a chance to repent. How can babies repent???! Babies are innocent, period. Thats what you Christians can't see. The verse does not say God killed them it is an order from God for humans to kill them. Nowhere in the Qur'aan is it encouraged to kill little babies. The fact that you can justify it just proves my initial point that many Christians are extremists. Thanks for proven my point.

billy t

Veteran
I find statements like these aren't honest. Rather than seeking an answer to help them understand and therefore believe, many sceptics use it as a weapon to discourage understanding and belief. They also presume that God is incompetent or not completely sovereign.

One of the reasons I know the Bible is the truth is because it would have been easier to leave this story and others like it out of the Bible. But in order to prove to us that God is indeed completely sovereign, just, merciful and competent, this story and others like it were left in. God wants us to understand Him and if we don't, He wants us to ask Him for the answers. He isn't hiding anything.

The Bible most definitely DOES NOT teach terrorism and killing of infants. That is very false and and goes completely against God's character. There is a misconception that God does not kill. He does and the Bible clearly shows us (as you've shown with the Amalekites and more) that God kills. However, He does not murder.

First of all the sixth commandment should really say “Thou shalt not murder.” The Hebrew word for “kill” used in the commandment, “raw-tsakh”, has a deeper meaning than just “to kill.” It applies to murder. It means to kill unlawfully and with wicked intent. Jesus quoted it in this way in Matthew 19:18, “You shall not murder.” God never murders. In fact Revelation 22:15 says that murderers will be cast into the lake of fire! The law does not forbid killing in lawful war, or in our defence where necessary etc.

Secondly, only God has the right to take life. He gives us all life. He sustains our lives moment by moment. So He is well within His rights to stop sustaining our lives at any time He chooses.

But when God kills, He does it for a reason whether we understand the reasons or not. It is always merciful and justified though it may not seem so. In the case of the the Amalekites, they were a source of constant torment to Israel. Shortly after the Israelites left Egypt, the Amalekites attacked the weary people, slaughtering the weak and elderly (Deuteronomy 25:17-19).

The Israelites later avenged the attack and defeated the Amalekites, but failed to completely destroy them. Israel was then plagued with continuous Amalekite raids (Exodus 17:8-16; Samuel 15:2; Numbers 14:45). God destroyed them to protect His people. He knew Amalekite decedents would always hate His people and try to destroy them. Even today, the name Amalek is a symbol for hatred against Jews. The Amalekites were pagan and had child burning rituals, torture as public entertainment, and sexual immorality as sport.

However God does not just kill people. They always have a chance to repent and change their ways as the story of the Ninevites proves. God warned them through the prophet Jonah to change their ways or be utterly destroyed, and they repented and they weren't destroyed (Jonah 3). The Amalekites must have had many chances but did not repent and instead would have continued their hatred, murder and destruction against the Israelites and taught their children and grand children the same had God not destroyed them.

Also, had God not destroyed the Amalekites, this world would be in a much worse state than it is in now considering how bad a state its in already. Sometimes God had to nip entire nations to the third and fourth generations in the bud, to save the rest of us (the flood is another example) because He is just and merciful, He is love and knows the beginning from the end. He knows better than us. The Bible tells us that God’s ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts (Isaiah 55:9; Romans 11:33-36). We have to be willing to trust God and have faith in Him even when we do not understand.

I will add that God saved those innocent children from sinning had they lived and become adults. All children that died before the age of accountability will be saved and will be in heaven and the New earth. Isaiah tells us there will be children in the New earth (Isaiah 65:17-25). So there are children in the resurrection who obviously must have died while they were children.
"Statements like these aren't honest". Bro, I don't need an answer to know that killing BABIES is wrong. Please, stop. Do I also need an honest answer when someone wants to r*pe little kids? Take care bro.

phipps

Star
I never said that killing is forbidden in war. The issue is the killing of WOMAN and CHILDREN which this verse clearly encourages. You claim God gave them a chance to repent. How can babies repent???! Babies are innocent, period. Thats what you Christians can't see. The verse does not say God killed them it is an order from God for humans to kill them. Nowhere in the Qur'aan is it encouraged to kill little babies. The fact that you can justify it just proves my initial point that many Christians are extremists. Thanks for proven my point.
God gave/gives life and can take it, all of it including women and children. There is always a reason and a purpose for anything God does. He doesn't just do it willy nilly. In the flood God killed everyone including women and children and only eight people survived. In Sodom and Gomorrah God killed everyone except Lot and his daughters and the same for the Amalekites. And the Bible tells us at the end of time God will destroy all the wicked in hell and yes that will include women and children (with accountability). God has always told us of the consequences of sin and how sin will not continue in the earth forever. It will be people's free will to end up in hell and killed for eternity.

The Quaran is not the Bible and interprets things differently but your conclusion about God of the Bible is wrong. Do you study the Bible at all?

phipps

Star
"Statements like these aren't honest". Bro, I don't need an answer to know that killing BABIES is wrong. Please, stop. Do I also need an honest answer when someone wants to r*pe little kids? Take care bro.
You do not study the Bible and therefore do not know what you're talking about. Your conclusions about God are very simplistic and based on pure ignorance of the Bible. You are wrong, very wrong and clearly are unwilling to know what the Bible has to say on this subject.

Isaiah 28:21 talks about God’s strange work, his strange act. This strange act is the act of killing, for God is indeed love and hates the idea of putting His created children to death. In Ezekiel 18:32, God says “For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies,” says the Lord God. “Therefore turn and live!” And in Ezekiel 33:11 He says, " 'As I live,’ says the Lord God, ‘I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel?’ " But sometimes people cross the line so far that God has no choice but to destroy them for the sake of others.

What has raping of little kids got to do with this subject? I don't defend paedophiles, rapists, murderers and other sins that clearly are against the Word of God. But you didn't get that did you?

Last edited:

DevaWolf

Veteran
You do not study the Bible and therefore do not know what you're talking about. Your conclusions about God are very simplistic and based on pure ignorance of the Bible. You are wrong, very wrong and clearly are unwilling to know what the Bible has to say on this subject.
Why would one care about the opinion of a book that states such unjust things though?

phipps

Star
Why would one care about the opinion of a book that states such unjust things though?
There are unjust things in the Bible done by people and Satan but not by God as the Op is stating here. I worship God and the Bible is the truth and I know because I have felt God work in my life. You can't possibly know until you've been there. All the millions and millions of Christians around the world can't all be lying about God and the truth of His Word. You're wrong and I pray and hope you will get to know the God of the Bible. God bless.

Tidal

Star
The Bible Teaches Terrorism and Killing Infants

The Old Testament God is not some mushbrained lefty social worker, and if people didn't shape up they got their asses busted and were culled out of the human race and good riddance..:)
Later he sent Jesus to show us to use our own enlightened commonsense regarding the old laws, for example Jesus went around rescuing adulteresses from jewish mobs (below), yet today in 2020 muslims stone them to death..

TokiEl

Superstar
So you believe babies and children are held accountable? Alhamdullilah we don't have such a belief in Islaam. Babies and young children are not born sinners nor are they punished for bad deeds.
This is a story about a tribe who tried to kill the israelites... and God uprooted them.

Do you want israelis dead... ? Well then you know how you and yours will end up.

INRI

I notice a fallacy in the title of the thread.
Example, a book talks about an electrician touching wires (being electrician he knows what he's doing). So? So you can't say the book Teaches you to be an electrician, or worse, that it teaches to put fingers on electric wires. That is what you falsely imply when you write Bible teaches terrorism. In my religion, false testimony lands you to hell, what about yours?

The Bible you cited reports the utter and total obliteration of one people and its property, as ordered by God. If you have moral issues with it, you will discuss them with the guy upstairs, but rest assured that, according to the Christian religion, the next time God comes down here, it's GAME OVER for everybody, so, no time for further genocide orders. What actual Christians decide to do with other people, in the meantime, depends on the commandments and natural law. What fake Christians decide to do is a topic about followers of the devil, instead.

Second, that God who ordered the genocide is YOUR God, too. Which means that either what he decided is OK, or that you are insulting Him/ worshiping another deity. Hmmm. Now, I think that you probably are in good faith trying to serve the one true God, well, personally I see quite an opposition between Christians on one side and Talmudphiles + Mohameddans on the other side, as a quick reminder, your god has 99 names and FATHER isn't one. Our Trinity has one name for the Almighty and guess what, it's FATHER... but, this is OT so in the end it's all a matter of taking the right side and do it with conscience and knowledge, so, good luck.

Tidal

Star
Many christians will be disappointed in the doomsday

Yeah, there are true Christians and there are fake "christians", and the fakes won't get under Jesus's radar..:)
Jesus said: "Not all who call me "Lord,Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I will tell them plainly, I never knew you, get away from me" (Matt 7:21-23)

INRI

While I don't agree with parent which seems to me denying the killing ever happened, remember that the Whole bible is symbolic, even when talking about historical events. In fact there are 4 interpretation layers, and this already noted in the old testament. Literal, allegorical, anagogical, moral. There are passages that DO NOT MAKE SENSE unless symbolic, example:
"When it was evening, the disciples came to him and said, “This is a deserted place, and the hour is now late; send the crowds away so that they may go into the villages and buy food for themselves.” 16Jesus said to them, “They need not go away; you give them something to eat.” (Matthew 14).
This is clearly symbolic for their mission, because there is no way he was expecting a bunch of discipled to have brought enough food for the crowds in advance. You can track all four interpretation layers in this passage.