the beginning of the end of free speech?

Scars512

Established
https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-passes-anti-semitism-bill-for-public-schools

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – A bill prohibiting anti-Semitism in Florida's public schools and universities is going to Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis.
The Senate unanimously passed the bill Monday, two days after a gunman opened fire in a California synagogue, killing one and injuring three others.
Lawmakers mentioned the shooting before passing the bill, which would mandate that discrimination against Jewish people be treated the same as acts of racial discrimination in public schools.
The bill also includes an extensive definition of anti-Semitism, including speech that makes dehumanizing or stereotypical allegations about the Jewish community.

The anti-Semitism definition also includes expressing hatred for Jews, calling for the killing or harming of a Jewish person, criticizing the collective power of the Jewish community, or accusing Jewish people or Israel of inventing or exaggerating the Holocaust.

this was our solution to the problem-reaction-solution of the synagogue bombing.

the fact that the state senate (dems and repubs) passed it together is bad news, so i am sure that the governor will sign it. our only hope is that it gets challenged and eventually is overturned in court.

great commentary on this:
https://www.bitchute.com/video/lmbY8ai08ys/
No one should be calling for the death of any group. I think everyone agrees with that -- or they should, at least. But, that isn't what they are really combating here. They have already expanded the definition of anti-semitism to include anti-Zionist speech. That is wrong on so many levels. Zionism is a political ideology. It is fair game in terms of criticism. One chooses to be a Zionist. You aren't born a Zionist and you don't have to be Jewish to be a Zionist. Criticizing a political ideology or the government of Israel should never be against the law. Even criticism of Judaism/Jews is okay because again, one chooses to be a religious Jew just as one chooses to be a Christian or Muslim or any other religious affiliation. Now, if we are talking ethnically Jewish -- well, no one chooses that. It is an accident of birth, just like race or gender. We have no control over it. But even then, should you make criticism of any group a crime? Not unless it is inciting violence against that group. Freedom of speech covers a lot of nasty stuff. Even people who advocate for legalizing p***philia have the right to argue their case. They don't have the right to act upon it and harm children, but speech? Unfortunately, yes. Sometimes there are gray areas, but most of us can logically sort out what types of speech are truly violent and dangerous and which are merely odious and repellent.

As far as Holocaust denial -- again, should that be a crime? There are all kinds of conspiracy theories that get floated about and we aren't locking people up (yet) for those -- why is the Holocaust special? We can question the Armenian genocide -- but not the Holocaust? Why is that? Any historical event is fair game. And, to be honest, some of the denial claims are credible. For instance, the 6 million figure is probably not accurate. The plaques at some sites have been changed to reduce the figures who died down by about 1.5 million. Unless those numbers get shifted somewhere else -- that means that questioning the 6 million number is actually a fair and reasonable thing to do. Denying it happened at all isn't reasonable, but again, should it be illegal for an individual to suggest that it was fake? No. There is no need to lock up people who get history wrong. All you need is to fight allegations with facts and evidence. The small percentage who won't accept the facts aren't worth worrying about. I mean, if we are going to fine people or put them in jail for denying the Holocaust -- we should be prepared to do that with the Moon landings, the death of Elvis, and Flat Earth.

Why shouldn't we criticize the collective power of the Jewish people? Should we just pretend that AIPAC doesn't hold an inordinate amount of power in this nation? Shouldn't we look at the top donors -- Soros, Adelson, the Koch brothers -- and criticize that they often push foreign policies that benefit Israel sometimes at the expense of American interests? Or what about "mega-donor" Haim Saban who said that he was a one issue guy and that issue was Israel? Surely it should be allowed to question whether someone like that is actually working on behalf of Israel rather than the US. And why is it only seeking to limit speech about the power that Jews have in this society? Why not include any racial group? I mean, we'd have to dial back the "white privilege" narrative -- but not every white person has profited off of the status quo, so it seems fair.

Methinks the Jews doth protest too much. This could backfire because claiming it is an anti-semitic canard that Jews have power and then passing laws to make it illegal to say so actually proves that they have quite a bit of power if they can get special laws passed to shield them from criticism. Then again, people would have to be paying attention. And the news media would have to fairly and accurately report on it. Considering how pro-Israel most news media is (hmm ... wonder why that could be?), this is not likely. Just like in that city in TX where you had to agree not to participate in BDS in order to get hurricane relief after Hurricane Harvey. (I guess anti-Zionists didn't deserve any help from the American government if they don't support Israel, right?) Things like this slide under the radar. By the time people wake up, it will be too late. You'll be carted off to the gulags if you openly criticize the wrong people.

Lisa

Superstar
Zionism is a political ideology
Not really, God did give the Jews the land they are in now..and more...to them as a everlasting covenant with Abraham. That is their land and it has nothing to do with politics but who gave it to them.

One chooses to be a Zionist.
I guess that’s true...I wouldn’t want to go against God’s wishes here. I’d rather bless Israel than curse them, that’s for sure!!

Now, if we are talking ethnically Jewish -- well, no one chooses that. It is an accident of birth, just like race or gender.
Why should they be ashamed to be God’s chosen people?

As far as Holocaust denial -- again, should that be a crime?
I though the reason to remember the holocaust was so it couldn’t happen again to innocent people? What were the Jews doing to anyone in the world at that time that they should get shipped to death camps for extermination? Even killers get better than that...

For instance, the 6 million figure is probably not accurate. The plaques at some sites have been changed to reduce the figures who died down by about 1.5 million.
How do you know the killing of 6 million isn’t accurate..and even the killing of 4.5 million is still horrific wouldn’t you say? Or because they were Jews it’s not a problem?

Why shouldn't we criticize the collective power of the Jewish people?
What power? They can barely keep the tiny bit of land they have without world powers getting on them if they protect it and the people around them want them wipers off the face of the map...doesn’t sound powerful to me.

Methinks the Jews doth protest too much.
How would they be any different than other groups? I think the worry is the rise in anti-semitism around the world.

Considering how pro-Israel most news media is
Are they? Then why is anti-semitism on the rise..shouldn’t it be falling off?
You'll be carted off to the gulags if you openly criticize the wrong people.
Or the wrong government..Tommy Robinson!!

DavidSon

Star
Not really, God did give the Jews the land they are in now..and more...to them as a everlasting covenant with Abraham. That is their land and it has nothing to do with politics but who gave it to them.

I guess that’s true...I wouldn’t want to go against God’s wishes here. I’d rather bless Israel than curse them, that’s for sure!!

Why should they be ashamed to be God’s chosen people?

I though the reason to remember the holocaust was so it couldn’t happen again to innocent people? What were the Jews doing to anyone in the world at that time that they should get shipped to death camps for extermination? Even killers get better than that...

How do you know the killing of 6 million isn’t accurate..and even the killing of 4.5 million is still horrific wouldn’t you say? Or because they were Jews it’s not a problem?

What power? They can barely keep the tiny bit of land they have without world powers getting on them if they protect it and the people around them want them wipers off the face of the map...doesn’t sound powerful to me.

How would they be any different than other groups? I think the worry is the rise in anti-semitism around the world.

Are they? Then why is anti-semitism on the rise..shouldn’t it be falling off?

Or the wrong government..Tommy Robinson!!
This is a message board to post opinions and topics but I have to point out your personal religious beliefs hold no weight in regards to international law and human rights. The nearly 200 nations who who have agreed to honor the standards set by the UN agree on the equality of human life.

Israel is the center of so many of these discussions because of the corrupt, powerful individuals who 1) made it possible for Israel to claim the land of Palestine and 2) have the most sophisticated military/cyber capabilities on the planet. As has been documented, Zionists own Hollywood and every mainstream US news outlet. Their spying agencies are literally everywhere. The owners of facebook, intel, IBM, google...the list goes on and on. The PM of Israel has stated they intend to be the "police of the web" and probably are already the leaders in cyber security.

This topic is about free speech. A tiny, extremist minority having control over what should be a public communication network is a dangerous situation. In the big picture there are multiple forces that would like to silence our freedom of expression but I think the Jewish/Zionist creeps are the head of the beast.

Lisa

Superstar
This is a message board to post opinions and topics but I have to point out your personal religious beliefs hold no weight in regards to international law and human rights. The nearly 200 nations who who have agreed to honor the standards set by the UN agree on the equality of human life.

Israel is the center of so many of these discussions because of the corrupt, powerful individuals who 1) made it possible for Israel to claim the land of Palestine and 2) have the most sophisticated military/cyber capabilities on the planet. As has been documented, Zionists own Hollywood and every mainstream US news outlet. Their spying agencies are literally everywhere. The owners of facebook, intel, IBM, google...the list goes on and on. The PM of Israel has stated they intend to be the "police of the web" and probably are already the leaders in cyber security.

This topic is about free speech. A tiny, extremist minority having control over what should be a public communication network is a dangerous situation. In the big picture there are multiple forces that would like to silence our freedom of expression but I think the Jewish/Zionist creeps are the head of the beast.
As a member of this forum I can and I do post my personal opinion...just like everyone else here does..and if that opinion also has religious connotations, well that’s a nice extra isn’t it?

My personal religious beliefs might not matter to the UN...and why should I care if it doesn’t? However, it’s a shame they don’t take God more serious and what He says in His book, the Bible.

There’s a lot of corrupt powerful individuals in the world..why single out Israel? Israel who’s whole existence is on a tiny sliver of land. How can they really rule the world and not get more land since a lot of people think they are land stealers anyway. They only manage to stay on that thin strip of land and no where else. They stay there because that is their land given to them by God.

Many countries have powerful weapons, many countries have their own spies and cyber smart people...I don’t know what your point is.

I thought Obama gave policing of the net to the UN? Ya, of course there are people that want to rule the whole world, I don’t believe the Jews are one of them. They don’t have any support and they always have the UN and the surrounding countries breathing down their throats.

polymoog

Superstar
There’s a lot of corrupt powerful individuals in the world..why single out Israel?
not so much israel-- its mostly the zionists.

1. the ADL is behind all of the censorship on youtube.
2. the zionists are the ones rewriting wikipedia (i posted a video clip on the google censorship thread).
3. the zionists are pushing the "authoritative viewpoint... or else!" narrative about the holocaust. no other does this.

just like everyone else here does..and if that opinion also has religious connotations, well that’s a nice extra isn’t it?
no problem with that, but keep this thread on topic. its about free speech ONLY. all the jewish/christian stuff belongs in the religious section.

Lisa

Superstar
Aren’t
not so much israel-- its mostly the zionists.
Isn’t Israel Zionists? They still live in Israel, they could have moved on since they rule the world...

no problem with that, but keep this thread on topic. its about free speech ONLY. all the jewish/christian stuff belongs in the religious section.
I didn’t start the Jewish stuff and was just replying to someone who did with my opinion which did happen to include a Christian pov. You are gonna talk to the person bringing in the Jewish stuff and tell them to stop it? Or is it just my bringing in a Christian pov that irritates?

polymoog

Superstar
Aren’t

Isn’t Israel Zionists? They still live in Israel, they could have moved on since they rule the world...

I didn’t start the Jewish stuff and was just replying to someone who did with my opinion which did happen to include a Christian pov. You are gonna talk to the person bringing in the Jewish stuff and tell them to stop it? Or is it just my bringing in a Christian pov that irritates?
i dont care about the christian POV. i dont care about the jewish POV. i dont even care about the atheist POV.
i DO care that we stay on topic and not go off on tangents. keeping threads focused is important. if not, lisa, then there would absolutely no point in having distinct threads. we would just be talking in one continuous, meandering thread as one subject blurs into another. people searching for info or discussions that were insightful or brought up good points would be impossible to find. organization, my dear.
i would be more than happy to join you in a discussion in a new thread on this. matter of fact, make one. ill be there.

elsbet

Superstar

JoChris

Superstar
It is happening here for real in Australia.
Story from 1 month ago

A very worrying update: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-15/abc-raids-australian-federal-police-press-freedom/11309810
Police trying to get journalists' fingerprints IS treating journalists like criminal suspects.

So you Americans have no idea of how good you currently got it - make sure you fight for your freedom of speech whenever ever attacks against it begin!

Australia is not a good place to be in where it comes freedom versus security battle. It is easy to imagine a police state forming when politicians caused that raid to happen soon AFTER our recent election.

Lisa

Superstar
i dont care about the christian POV. i dont care about the jewish POV. i dont even care about the atheist POV.
i DO care that we stay on topic and not go off on tangents. keeping threads focused is important. if not, lisa, then there would absolutely no point in having distinct threads. we would just be talking in one continuous, meandering thread as one subject blurs into another. people searching for info or discussions that were insightful or brought up good points would be impossible to find. organization, my dear.
i would be more than happy to join you in a discussion in a new thread on this. matter of fact, make one. ill be there.
All threads meander or die moog.

Lisa

Superstar
That usually happens long after page 2 tho.
Possibly, depending on the posters and the momentum of the op. I personally don’t mind that threads meander. Many times another new post brings in something to bring thread back to the op and away we go again...

polymoog

Superstar
https://www.bitchute.com/video/NPhApns8lbTd/
New "Offensive Speech" Rules on College Campuses

Isabel Brown on the latest "offensive speech" list from college campuses. So long, "food coma". long time no see, "Freshman". Goodbye, "America". (Yes. America.)

this is the new "inclusive language guides" college kids are given.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
The Censorship Of Alternative Media Is Virtual Book-Burning
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-08-19/censorship-alternative-media-virtual-book-burning

It's been coming for a while, with political correctness slowly permeating our psyche over the years. It bothers me that some of my friends alter their speech and lower their voice, as to - not be out of line. I have other friends and family who are fully aware of what's going on, and go out of their way to speak their minds because they realize now is the time to speak up.

George Carlin called it out years ago.

“Political correctness is America's newest form of intolerance, and it is especially pernicious because it comes disguised as tolerance. It presents itself as fairness, yet attempts to restrict and control people's language with strict codes and rigid rules. I'm not sure that's the way to fight discrimination. I'm not sure silencing people or forcing them to alter their speech is the best method for solving problems that go much deeper than speech.”

― George Carlin

Last edited: