the beginning of the end of free speech?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-passes-anti-semitism-bill-for-public-schools

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – A bill prohibiting anti-Semitism in Florida's public schools and universities is going to Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis.
The Senate unanimously passed the bill Monday, two days after a gunman opened fire in a California synagogue, killing one and injuring three others.
Lawmakers mentioned the shooting before passing the bill, which would mandate that discrimination against Jewish people be treated the same as acts of racial discrimination in public schools.
The bill also includes an extensive definition of anti-Semitism, including speech that makes dehumanizing or stereotypical allegations about the Jewish community.

The anti-Semitism definition also includes expressing hatred for Jews, calling for the killing or harming of a Jewish person, criticizing the collective power of the Jewish community, or accusing Jewish people or Israel of inventing or exaggerating the Holocaust.

this was our solution to the problem-reaction-solution of the synagogue bombing.

the fact that the state senate (dems and repubs) passed it together is bad news, so i am sure that the governor will sign it. our only hope is that it gets challenged and eventually is overturned in court.

great commentary on this:
https://www.bitchute.com/video/lmbY8ai08ys/

How do you criminalize hate? You can't, and you shouldn't, because the definition of what constitutes hate can change depending on who's in charge. Better to get it out in the open so it can be challenged. I am against Islamaphobia laws for the exact same reason.

How do you criminalize hate? You can't, and you shouldn't, because the definition of what constitutes hate can change depending on who's in charge. Better to get it out in the open so it can be challenged. I am against Islamaphobia laws for the exact same reason.
exactly. one combats "hate" speech with more free speech. the truth always wins out.

DevaWolf

Established
Anti semitism has been banned where I live since ww2. But what really is illegal is ' spreading hate' which does not entail saying there has never been a holocaust.
Those who get persecuted here have actively spread hate manifestos or terrorism manuals online. That's what is considered spreading hateful material.

Saying anti semitic things will not get you persecuted, but performing the Hitler greeting in public will. Just like calling to kill gays will get you persecuted here.
I think this law is fine, there is no reason why people should be free to threaten others with death or spread materials that have potential to inspire mass killings.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-passes-anti-semitism-bill-for-public-schools

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – A bill prohibiting anti-Semitism in Florida's public schools and universities is going to Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis.
The Senate unanimously passed the bill Monday, two days after a gunman opened fire in a California synagogue, killing one and injuring three others.
Lawmakers mentioned the shooting before passing the bill, which would mandate that discrimination against Jewish people be treated the same as acts of racial discrimination in public schools.
The bill also includes an extensive definition of anti-Semitism, including speech that makes dehumanizing or stereotypical allegations about the Jewish community.

The anti-Semitism definition also includes expressing hatred for Jews, calling for the killing or harming of a Jewish person, criticizing the collective power of the Jewish community, or accusing Jewish people or Israel of inventing or exaggerating the Holocaust.

this was our solution to the problem-reaction-solution of the synagogue bombing.

the fact that the state senate (dems and repubs) passed it together is bad news, so i am sure that the governor will sign it. our only hope is that it gets challenged and eventually is overturned in court.

great commentary on this:
https://www.bitchute.com/video/lmbY8ai08ys/
I too thought that there might be something else to these synagogue shootings other than anti-semitism. Remember, 9/11 called for the Patriot Act...