The American “Coup d’etat”

Thunderian

Superstar
They are trying to invalidate EVERY mail in vote in the state. Every single one. The vast majority of which were legally cast.
I believe the argument is that mail in voting is contrary to the state constitution of Pennsylvania, meaning that none of the votes would have legally cast.

Thunderian

Superstar
If they are going based off hand counts. This may get dismissed.
Don’t get hopes up man.

It’s nice to see progress but like Jess said. It undermines the legal votes over accusations of a handful of voter fraud.

It’s worth a look for sure. But I think it’s unconstitutional
As I just pointed out to Jess, the issue is whether the ballots were able to be cast by mail in the first place. If that is the case, it’s not Trump’s fault if those votes aren’t valid, it’s Pennsylvania’s for accepting them by mail.

I’m as tired of this as the next guy, but I also believe that serious allegations need to be addressed satisfactorily. If America can endure the Mueller investigation and Trump’s impeachment, can’t they sit through this?

Regardless of everything, Trump is taking the expected steps to hand over power, and as someone who remembers the 2000 election and how long it took Gore to concede, I think the Democrats and the media could be a little more gracious.

Maes17

Superstar
As I just pointed out to Jess, the issue is whether the ballots were able to be cast by mail in the first place. If that is the case, it’s not Trump’s fault if those votes aren’t valid, it’s Pennsylvania’s for accepting them by mail.

I’m as tired of this as the next guy, but I also believe that serious allegations need to be addressed satisfactorily. If America can endure the Mueller investigation and Trump’s impeachment, can’t they sit through this?

Regardless of everything, Trump is taking the expected steps to hand over power, and as someone who remembers the 2000 election and how long it took Gore to concede, I think the Democrats and the media could be a little more gracious.
The democrats and media are never gracious.
I’ll give Trump that he is raising awareness of fraud, etc.

We’ll see how the week shapes out

Maes17

Superstar
The democrats and media are never gracious.
I’ll give Trump that he is raising awareness of fraud, etc.

We’ll see how the week shapes out
And I’m sitting patient. I just hope who ever wins in the outcome does good for the country. If we still have struggling metros, racial tensions, struggling societies and covid lockdowns then it’s all for not

irrationalNinja

Veteran
They are trying to invalidate EVERY mail in vote in the state. Every single one. The vast majority of which were legally cast.
Nope.

@justjess ballots received after 8pm election night would be tossed NOT all mail-in ballots.

Months before the Presidential election, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court changed the election laws to read that mail-in ballots could be accepted after 8pm on election night. In 2019, to mitigate the rampant election fraud by which Pennsylvania had been impacted over the years, the state legislature dictated that all mail-in ballots must be received by 8pm election night or they would not be valid.

The US Constitution provides that the Pennsylvania State Legislature will decide the time, place, and manner of elections for the state, not the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. When the Pennsylvania Supreme Court attempted to change the election laws decided on by the Pennsylvania State Legislature, it was a clear violation of the US Constitution.

It will result in the votes received after 8pm election night, thrown out as invalid, in accordance with Pennsylvania election law. Votes need to be valid to be counted.

If you think the election process in your state disenfranchises voters you can write your congressman and try to get the law changed. Or try advocating for people to know the state’s election laws before voting. You might think it is unfortunate for Biden, but that is Pennsylvania election law.

irrationalNinja

Veteran
But what trump is doing right now is infringing and a slap in the face to American rights.
He’s being a sore loser and a tyrant.
Yes there is voter fraud. But to discredit the millions of legal votes in the process is about as anti-american as they come.
Trump is following the laws of the land. Your assumptions are based on misinformation.

justjess

Superstar
I believe the argument is that mail in voting is contrary to the state constitution of Pennsylvania, meaning that none of the votes would have legally cast.
Except we have had mail in voting for a very long time. It was never “unconstitutional” before. Would you really be okay with disenfranchising millions of Pennsylvanians just so trump can win? How is that democracy? How is that a republic?

justjess

Superstar
Nope.

@justjess ballots received after 8pm election night would be tossed NOT all mail-in ballots.

Months before the Presidential election, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court changed the election laws to read that mail-in ballots could be accepted after 8pm on election night. In 2019, to mitigate the rampant election fraud by which Pennsylvania had been impacted over the years, the state legislature dictated that all mail-in ballots must be received by 8pm election night or they would not be valid.

The US Constitution provides that the Pennsylvania State Legislature will decide the time, place, and manner of elections for the state, not the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. When the Pennsylvania Supreme Court attempted to change the election laws decided on by the Pennsylvania State Legislature, it was a clear violation of the US Constitution.

It will result in the votes received after 8pm election night, thrown out as invalid, in accordance with Pennsylvania election law. Votes need to be valid to be counted.

If you think the election process in your state disenfranchises voters you can write your congressman and try to get the law changed. Or try advocating for people to know the state’s election laws before voting. You might think it is unfortunate for Biden, but that is Pennsylvania election law.
Did you read the actual lawsuit? Your wrong. They are trying to throw out EVERY mail in vote in the state at this point. Your argument applied to the first lawsuit. Not this one. And please don’t tell me about Pennsylvania law - I live here. You do not.

irrationalNinja

Veteran
Did you read the actual lawsuit? Your wrong. They are trying to throw out EVERY mail in vote in the state at this point. Your argument applied to the first lawsuit. Not this one. And please don’t tell me about Pennsylvania law - I live here. You do not.
this is a direct assault on democracy and on state rights.
My argument applies to what was in the article you were commenting on.

The point is, Pennsylvania state rights are what gave the state the ability to pass the election law that ballots are invalid after 8pm (look up ACT 77 from 2019). If you are equating the Pennsylvania Supreme Court changing election law with the Governor signing a law as a “direct assault on democracy and on state rights,” you have it backward.

Radical leftists legislating from the bench is an attack on state rights.

rainerann

Star
Trumps case is a joke.

““The city of Detroit probably had more voters than it had citizens,” Giuliani said. “I’m exaggerating a bit, but all you have to do is look at statistical data and you can see that the fraud was rampant and out of control.”

Newsmax CEO Suggests Airing Unconfirmed Voter Fraud Claims Is Good For Business

trumps team and the news media sources that support trumps claims are significantly worse than mainstream media in every way.

Thunderian

Superstar
Except we have had mail in voting for a very long time. It was never “unconstitutional” before. Would you really be okay with disenfranchising millions of Pennsylvanians just so trump can win? How is that democracy? How is that a republic?
If the votes were illegal according to PA’s constitution, whose fault is that? Is America a country of laws, or isn’t it?

Trumps case is a joke.

““The city of Detroit probably had more voters than it had citizens,” Giuliani said. “I’m exaggerating a bit, but all you have to do is look at statistical data and you can see that the fraud was rampant and out of control.”

Newsmax CEO Suggests Airing Unconfirmed Voter Fraud Claims Is Good For Business

trumps team and the news media sources that support trumps claims are significantly worse than mainstream media in every way.
Absolutely. If there is anything worse than the so called MSM, its Trumps MSM aka "alt media"

Trump IS the biggest liar in today's media.

Trumps propaganda arm AKA Fox News, Infowars, Breitbart, Newsmax, OAN, Gateway Pundit, and the whole gang of social media operatives, are all WORSE than the so called MSM. They are all backed by Zionist billionaires, Corporations, Think Tanks etc. But try to pass themselves off as "anti establishment"

Of all those outfits Fox News has the most credibility which is why even they will not go along with Trumps lies and delusions anymore, and the cultists are now canceling Fox News for telling g the truth. The conspiracy delusion has been successfully planted into the cultists, and anybody who goes against their Orange Clown they will just accuse of being "deep state" They can never be wrong, its always deep state" Its the perfect psyop. Trump can do or say anything, and the excuse will always be "deepstate"

The psy op is genius. Reality can always be denied because "deepstate".