The 70 week prophecy according to the Bible.

An ancient Rabbinic curse in the Talmud forbids people to read Daniel 9:24-27. Why? What are they trying to hide?

The 70-week prophecy, the greatest proof of Jesus as the Messiah, is found in these verses. They predict the time of the Messiah's anointing, putting the issue beyond doubt.
reading the bible definately altered my position on the crucifixion, but it helped that i also had the pov from the Quran that

And never think of those who have been killed in the cause of Allah as dead. Rather, they are alive with their Lord, receiving provision
3:169

what amazes me is that after 9/11, american christians attacked islam online for a long time, by misquoting the Quran. the go to muslim argument was 'you're only partially quoting, read the next verse'
so for example we have this

2:191
And kill them wherever you find them,

on it's own, it means something entirely different...

to this
And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers.

190. And fight in the way of Allah with those who fight with you, and do not exceed the limits, surely Allah does not love those who exceed the limits.
192. But if they desist, then surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

likewise the Quranic chapter 4:157 is easily misinterpreted but this time by muslims. they only partially quote it without even having knowledge of the underlying context.

phipps

Star
More on the 2300 days and the cleansing of the Sanctuary.

I have a thread on the heavenly sanctuary here that explains as taught in the Bible, what it is and what Jesus does in it as our High Priest and Mediator. This is a subject that is not known much of in most of Christendom but is a very important subject to all mankind. Here are a few passages from the Bible:

Hebrews 4:14-16, "Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."

Hebrews 8:1-2, 5, "Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man…Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount."

Hebrews 9:11-12, "But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us."

Hebrews 9:23-28, "Therefore it was necessary that the copies of the things in the heavens should be purified with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another—He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation."

The 2300 day/year prophecy is the longest time prophecy in the Bible. As mentioned previously in this very thread, the 70 week/490 year prophecy was cut off from the 2300 year prophecy. Both prophecies start at the same time in 457 BC but after the 490 years were over (that was cut off for the Jews), we are left with 1,810 years. That takes us up to 1844.

The angel Gabriel told Daniel, "For two thousand three hundred days; then the sanctuary shall be cleansed” (Daniel 8:14).

I posted what cleansing of the sanctuary means biblically here in this thread but I'll explain it in a different way again. Cleansing the Sanctuary was something each Jew clearly understood the meaning of. It occurred on the Day of Atonement in the earthly sanctuary, which was the day of judgment. The high priest’s actions represented the cleansing of the sanctuary, the wiping out of sin and the final salvation of Israel. The Day of Atonement was a very serious Jewish practice. Any Jew that did not take part in the ceremony was to be cut off from the people. It was a day of heart searching, and a day of judgment.

Leviticus 23:27-30, "Also the tenth day of this seventh month shall be the Day Atonement. It shall be a holy convocation for you; you shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire to the LORD. And you shall do no work on that same day, for it is the Day of Atonement, to make atonement for you before the LORD your God. For any person who is not afflicted in soul on that same day shall be cut off from his people. And any person who does any work on that same day, that person I will destroy from among his people."

However, when the 2300 year prophecy ended in 1844, there was no earthly sanctuary. Since the Romans had completely destroyed the temple in Jerusalem in AD 70, the earthly sanctuary/temple had never been rebuilt. So obviously the angel Gabriel was not talking about the earthly sanctuary. He was talking about the heavenly sanctuary where God dwells. We know that the Day of Atonement was a day of judgement in the earthly sanctuary, that means the heavenly judgment would begin in 1844. This would not last only one day, it would be a period of time because its the judgement of the world since the beginning.

The heavenly Day of Atonement which began in 1844 is called the “the time of the end” in the Bible, "Understand, son of man, that the vision refers to the time of the end” (Daniel 8:17). So this world has been in the end time since the 19th century. God set this date. It is as certain as the AD 27 date for Jesus’ anointing as the Messiah. God’s end-time people are commanded to announce it too (Revelation 14:6-7).

In the days of Noah, God said that the Flood would occur in 120 years (Genesis 6:3), and it happened. In Daniel’s day, God stated that His end-time judgment would begin in 2,300 years (Daniel 8:14), and it happened! God’s end-time judgment has been in session since 1844. It is a judgment that will soon reveal the truth about God’s character and the enemy’s deception to destroy humanity.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Pre-Advent/Investigative Judgement.

I have a thread on this very biblical subject here too.

The Pre-Advent/Investigative judgement is the judgement that takes place before the Second Coming of Christ. It is the cleansing of the sanctuary that was prophesied to Daniel by the angel Gabriel. We can see how the Bible harmonises completely.

Everyone is going to be judged, both the dead and those that are alive, according to their works written in the books. Then by the atoning blood of Christ, the sins of all the saved will be blotted from the books of heaven. Thus the sanctuary will be freed, or cleansed, from the record of sin.

Taken from the other thread, "The Bible makes it clear that Christ will judge everyone before He returns: "And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be" (Revelation 22:12). See also John 5:22, 2 Timothy 4:1, 8; Hebrews 10:30; and Revelation 19:11."

Again taken from the other thread, "We know from 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 that when the Lord comes, “the dead in Christ will rise first” and then those that are alive “will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air” (see also 1 Peter 4:17).

If Christ will know who to raise from the dead, then logically He must have already decided before He arrived who gets which reward. This process of deciding who will be rewarded and resurrected is the first part of the judgment process, known as the investigative, pre-advent, or pre-millennial judgment, and will take place before Christ’s coming.

When the work of the investigative judgment closes, the destiny of all will have been decided for life or death. Probation (I have a thread on the close of probation too) is ended a short time before the appearing of the Lord in the clouds of heaven. Christ in the book of Revelation, looking forward to that time, declares: “He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and My reward is with Me, to give every man according as his work shall be.” Revelation. GC 490.2"

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
More on the 2300 days and the cleansing of the Sanctuary.
Dan 8 27I, Daniel, was exhausted and lay ill for days. Then I got up and went about the king’s business. I was confounded by the vision; it was beyond understanding.

"Easy peasy" - phipps.

phipps

Star
Dan 8 27I, Daniel, was exhausted and lay ill for days. Then I got up and went about the king’s business. I was confounded by the vision; it was beyond understanding.

"Easy peasy" - phipps.
Daniel fainted because he did not understand the vision of the 2300 days.

In chapter 8 there was a vision of a Ram and a Goat and a little horn which the angel Gabriel explained to Daniel and he understood. Gabriel names the ram as representing Media-Persia and the male goat as representing Greece (Daniel 8:20-21). The little horn is not named, as the two powers before it (Media-Persia and Greece, Daniel 8:23-24). Gabriel depicts a kind of religio-political phase which would “cast down the truth to the ground” (Daniel 8:25) and interfere with Christ’s heavenly ministry (Daniel 8:10-12). The cleansing of the sanctuary in Daniel 8:14, the climax of the chapter, is God’s answer to the challenge of earthly and religious powers that have attempted to usurp the authority of God. It is part of God’s divine solution to the sin problem.

The 2300 day part of the vision and the cleansing of the sanctuary were not explained. Gabriel told Daniel, "And the vision of the evenings and mornings which was told is true; therefore seal up the vision, for it refers to many days in the future (Daniel 8:26).

Then in chapter 9 while Daniel was in prayer, angel Gabriel came to to explain the 2,300 day vision which the 70 weeks were cut off from for the Jewish nation.

"Now while I was speaking, praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the Lord my God for the holy mountain of my God, yes, while I was speaking in prayer, the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, reached me about the time of the evening offering. And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, “O Daniel, I have now come forth to give you skill to understand. At the beginning of your supplications the command went out, and I have come to tell you, for you are greatly beloved; therefore consider the matter, and understand the vision." What vision? The 2,300 day vision.

The angel Gabriel then goes on to interpret the vision in verses 24-27 as I have posted in this very thread. We know Gabriel explains the 2,300 day vision because there is no vision recorded in Daniel 9:1-27, he must be speaking of the portion of the vision in Daniel 8:1-27 that the prophet did not understand, the vision of the 2,300 days.

As I've explained with scripture and history in this thread, the first portion of this prophecy relates to God’s people, the Jews. “Seventy weeks are determined for your people” — the Jewish nation (Daniel 9:24). In Bible prophecy, one prophetic day equals one literal prophetic year. In Daniel and Revelation when you have symbolic imagery, you usually have a symbolic time prophecy, as well. One of the ways we can be certain that the day-year principle of prophecy applies here is that when we use it in Daniel’s prophecy, each event on the time line comes out perfectly. If we apply this principle, 70 weeks are composed of 490 days. Since one prophetic day equals one literal year, 490 days are 490 literal years.

Gabriel tells Daniel that 490 years are “cut off” (the literal meaning of the Hebrew word means “determined”). Cut off from what? It could be the only other time prophecy alluded to here: the 2,300 days of Daniel 8:14. These 490 years, a time prophecy, is directly linked back to the time prophecy of Daniel 8:14, the only part of the vision left unexplained in Daniel 8:1-27 and the only time prophecy in Daniel 8:1-27, as well. So, we can see that Gabriel with this prophecy is coming to help Daniel understand what he didn’t understand in the previous chapter: the 2,300 days.

And please always remember that the Bible tells us, "Surely the Lord God does nothing, unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets" (Amos 3:7). Most prophecies are explained in the Bible because God wants His people to know and understand the truth about Him and the future.

Revelation 1: 1 tells us, "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place." This is God's revelation of Christ and it is to inform us of what is to take place at the time of the end before Jesus returns. Therefore we should study all end time prophecy in the entire Bible especially in the books of Daniel and Revelation, understand and explain it to people especially now that we are living in the end time. God intended and wants all His prophecies understood.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
So what is the difference between the 2,300 days and 70 weeks?

The 70 weeks/490 literal years are a part of the 2,300 days/years. The 70 weeks/490 years are "cut off" or "determined" for the Jews from the 2.300 days/years. The 70 weeks/ were a probationary period for the Jews cut off from the longest time prophecy in the Bible, the 2,300 days.

Both start in 457 BC but the difference is 70 weeks/490 literal years ended in AD 34 while the 2,300 days ended in AD 1844.

The Bible tells us, when 2,300 days/years end, the sanctuary shall be cleansed. Which means the judgement in heaven will begin and that happened in 1844.

1690590214646.png

Last edited:

phipps

Star
The Sanctuary in Your Life.

When you consider the wickedness and injustice in the world today, it is easy to become bewildered by events that make it appear as though the Creator is disconnected from it all. Evil people seem to prosper while men and women of faith are persecuted. The innocent suffer; the guilty walk free. Where is God in all of this? Does He even care? David, the shepherd-king of Israel, knew the feeling. When he observed unrestrained evil, he wrote, “When I thought how to understand this, it was too painful for me” (Psalm 73:16). Who could blame him?

But a divine perspective has been given that makes the answer clear: Our loving God has unfolded, through the sanctuary, His master plan to rescue humanity. Even now, the Lord is working for the salvation of all through the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. Just like David, we may know this to be true, for David added, “It was too painful for me—until I went into the sanctuary of God; then I understood their end” (Psalm 73:16-17).

Like a drone hovering above the scene of an accident and capturing images for the news, the message of the sanctuary provides us with a view from above that opens our understanding to the great war between good and evil, a war which is unfolding in our world today. Furthermore, the work of Christ as our High Priest in the heavenly temple—offering Himself as a sacrifice to purge our sin—gives us hope that judgment will soon bring an end to the evil on our planet.

God is calling His people to proclaim, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come” (Revelation 14:7). We are living now in the time of the heavenly Day of Atonement, a day in which all people should assess their lives and repent of their sins.

The opportunity to choose to be on God’s side will soon be over and Jesus will come. Christ says, “Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is” (Mark 13:33). The good news for God’s people is that this is not a time to be afraid! When we look to the Most Holy Place of the heavenly sanctuary, we can understand why:

“Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need” (Hebrews 4:14-16).

phipps

Star
Were the 2,300 Days about Antiochus Epiphanes?

In Daniel 8:17, 19, 26, the angel declares that the vision of Daniel 8 and the 2,300 apply to the “time of the end.” It is important to understand this.

Some argue that the 2,300 days are literal days. They also believe that this little horn of Daniel 8 applies to the Seleucid military leader Antiochus Epiphanes (216 B.C.-164 B.C.), who attacked Jerusalem and defiled the Jewish temple, even though 2,300 days does not fit even his time frame. This interpretation, however, is contrary to the angel’s clear instruction that the vision applies to the “time of the end.” Antiochus certainly did not live at the time of the end.

phipps

Star
Biblical proof the 70 weeks/490 cut off for the Jews ended with Stephen's execution.

Before the stoning of Stephen at the end of the 70 week prophecy the disciples were commanded to remain in JERUSALEM and JUDEA to preach to the Jews (Acts 1-6).

In Acts 7 Stephen is stoned.

In Acts 8:25 the gospel is preached in Samaria.

In Acts 9 Saul (who becomes Paul) is converted, and takes the Gospel more fully to the Gentiles.

In Acts 10-28, the Gospel then goes to the uttermost parts of the earth.

The gospel went to the uttermost part of the earth only after the conversion of Saul of Tarsus. In fact, it was Paul who took the gospel to every region of the Roman Empire through his missionary journeys. Thus, in Acts 7, Probation closes for the Jewish Theocracy and in chapter 9 the champion of the Gentiles is converted.

That is to say, one door closed and shortly thereafter the other opened. The official beginning of Paul's ministry is described in Acts 13:1-2. There Paul and Barnabas were ordained to the gospel ministry. Paul and Barnabas then travelled to Antioch and Pisidia where Paul preached a long sermon to the Jews in the synagogue (Acts 13:16-41). The Gentiles then begged Paul to preach to them (Acts 13:42-43). The next Sabbath almost the whole city came out to hear the Word of God (Acts 13:44).

In Acts 13:46 Paul and Barnabas said to the Jews, "It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles."

At the end of the 70 week/literal 490 years that were cut off for the Jews, there has never been another prophecy or vision given to them as a nation. And that is because as a nation they were no longer chosen any more.

After Stephen's stoning, the Jews had rejected Christ for the last time. Their probation as a nation closed. From then on the gospel was spread to the Gentiles mainly. Jews could come to Christ individually too.

Last edited:
Were the 2,300 Days about Antiochus Epiphanes?

In Daniel 8:17, 19, 26, the angel declares that the vision of Daniel 8 and the 2,300 apply to the “time of the end.” It is important to understand this.

Some argue that the 2,300 days are literal days. They also believe that this little horn of Daniel 8 applies to the Seleucid military leader Antiochus Epiphanes (216 B.C.-164 B.C.), who attacked Jerusalem and defiled the Jewish temple, even though 2,300 days does not fit even his time frame. This interpretation, however, is contrary to the angel’s clear instruction that the vision applies to the “time of the end.” Antiochus certainly did not live at the time of the end.

nice try, absolutely made up fake interpretation though

19 He said: “I am going to tell you what will happen later in the time of wrath, because the vision concerns the appointed time of the end.[c] 20 The two-horned ram that you saw represents the kings of Media and Persia. 21 The shaggy goat is the king of Greece, and the large horn between its eyes is the first king. 22 The four horns that replaced the one that was broken off represent four kingdoms that will emerge from his nation but will not have the same power.

23 “In the latter part of their reign, when rebels have become completely wicked, a fierce-looking king, a master of intrigue, will arise. 24 He will become very strong, but not by his own power. He will cause astounding devastation and will succeed in whatever he does. He will destroy those who are mighty, the holy people. 25 He will cause deceit to prosper, and he will consider himself superior. When they feel secure, he will destroy many and take his stand against the Prince of princes. Yet he will be destroyed, but not by human power.

26 “The vision of the evenings and mornings that has been given you is true, but seal up the vision, for it concerns the distant future.”

27 I, Daniel, was worn out. I lay exhausted for several days. Then I got up and went about the king’s business. I was appalled by the vision; it was beyond understanding.

literally it is self explained in this chapter that it refers to Antiochus epiphanes.

'time of the end' can just be hyperbolic language, since people took terms like 'the whole world' or 'the last days' in relative terms. the christians right after Jesus Christ thought they were already living in 'the last days'.

phipps

Star
The Seven Year Tribulation lie.

The Seven Year Tribulation Theory can better be called the Seven Year Deception, for it takes the final 70th week (seven years) of Daniel’s prophecy and places it sometime in the unknown future (Daniel 9:26). Nowhere else in the Holy Writ, nor in the corridors of human history, nor in the vast expanse of space and limitless time does such a concept exist. It is patently unrealistic and irrational to take a specified period of time, cut out a portion of it, and then reconnect it at some later date. That’s like saying I am 50 years old today but will not be 51 until some undetermined time in the future. The reckoning of time has always been continuous.