That's All Folks...

Loki

Established
Wanted to make this a separate post. I'm actually posting from my phone for once because my work has apparently finally noticed these forums and has now blocked them. It told me on Firefox (before telling me it was blocked) that the owner of the site's certificates weren't matching up or something, so perhaps @VigilantCitizen just did an update or something and that certificate disconnect is what is causing it to be blocked or something (I say this because VC's actual site still works but just not the forum which is now a separate entity). I'll try to check back in on occasion to see if that was the issue, but if not then this will pretty much be my final post here. I can't see myself using mobile to post much, as it isn't worth the trouble really, especially because I obviously prefer lengthy replies, and I don't post from home.

So, with the assumption that this may be my last post here I'd like to say thank you to everyone for the arguments and debates as well as the humor and fun times. I didn't always get along with everyone and I very rarely agreed with many people but I learned a lot and had some fun. Try to treat each other well, maybe before ripping into someone think, "What would Loki do?" Lol

I'll still be around at Vigilant Forums some since that place hasn't been blocked (yet) so if you want to keep in touch that would be the easiest way. Other than that, I hope everyone here has a good life. Peace guys.

The Zone

Star
Sorry man, but this is wayyyy too dramatic for you. Something will work out and I venture to say we'll see you after a short break. If not, best of luck and enjoyed the chats but anyone called Loki would not bow out so easily. Just saying.

As for work situations, some employers block sites we visit a lot which is worth consideration beyond a certificate. Also, changing browsers can help with that. Life is full of unexpected hurdles and it is okay to say you are just burned out on some things of late and take a break. I have sort of been doing that for a week now waiting for something to spark my interest again.

Loki

Established
I'll happily make some short response posts here for now. I use my phone all day long to watch videos and such so I won't be using it to forum I imagine.

As for being burned out, I don't really feel that way. I was bummed when I got my company's blue locked screen this morning. It could be that they noticed this place being used a lot so that flagged it, I have no idea. It was tagged as "games" haha. But once they block it it is blocked on all browsers. I'm pretty computer savvy but hardly a pro so I don't fully understand that sort of thing. Anyway, I didn't mean for it to seem dramatic haha. I considered just waiting a week or so to see if it gets unblocked but I get a feeling it won't be. I had a really good run though, like 8 years of slacking off here.

It's sort of a blessing in disguise though because my work has certainly been suffering and I really have a lot to do over the next two weeks.

Lisa

Superstar
I'll happily make some short response posts here for now. I use my phone all day long to watch videos and such so I won't be using it to forum I imagine.

As for being burned out, I don't really feel that way. I was bummed when I got my company's blue locked screen this morning. It could be that they noticed this place being used a lot so that flagged it, I have no idea. It was tagged as "games" haha. But once they block it it is blocked on all browsers. I'm pretty computer savvy but hardly a pro so I don't fully understand that sort of thing. Anyway, I didn't mean for it to seem dramatic haha. I considered just waiting a week or so to see if it gets unblocked but I get a feeling it won't be. I had a really good run though, like 8 years of slacking off here.

It's sort of a blessing in disguise though because my work has certainly been suffering and I really have a lot to do over the next two weeks.
I guess they are helping you get refocused in the reason your there-work!

Loki

Established
I guess they are helping you get refocused in the reason your there-work!
For sure, I don't blame them at all. Technically I'm an awful employee lol, even though I'm well regarded by my peers. I'll just be happy not to get a phone call from corporate or called into my boss's office. If blocking the site is the worst of it then I'm good haha.

PS. I already hate navigating on mobile lol.

Lisa

Superstar
For sure, I don't blame them at all. Technically I'm an awful employee lol, even though I'm well regarded by my peers. I'll just be happy not to get a phone call from corporate or called into my boss's office. If blocking the site is the worst of it then I'm good haha.

PS. I already hate navigating on mobile lol.
Yes, you may have dodged a bullet then? Mobile can suck sometimes, that's for sure.

Loki

Established
When I'm at home I'm spending time with my fiancee or cousin (roommate) or our dogs and playing video games or taking a walk or watching TV. There is only a certain amount of time we get in a day, and while I enjoy this place most of the time I can't justify wasting the free time I do have arguing with people about whether or not the Earth is flat or God is real ;)

And, to be honest, I just never think about this place when I'm at home. Plus I tend to smoke some weed when I get home so who knows what sense I would make lol.

Serveto

Star
I wondered where you had gone @Loki. If you want to give us your boss's details, we, concerned participating members, could probably circulate and sign a petition, insisting that you be allowed to return to the forum and present it to him or her :cool:. Sorry to hear, in any case, that you can't participate as often. I enjoy hearing your opinion on many topics.