That Poppy?

williejonesjr

Veteran
More Poppy and information recently covered which points to her being a creation and having her past stuff deleted. The question lingers is this now marketing or is there something nefarious going on with the symbolism.
I vote nefarious. Why? Bc we can still see Beyonce or Kim K as a child/ pre surgery. There's no big cover - up. Even Marilyn Monroe was well known as Norma Jean, Anna Nicole as Vicki Lynn.

Ask yourself- what type of activities need "covered up?"

williejonesjr

Veteran

The Zone

Star
Ah ha...proof you are not reading my posts:) Because her Island record label wanted them scrubbed. It's harder to do tha tin China but if they had their way, those videos would not be available anywhere. They do not want this to taint her current image they are building...whatever that image is.

Last edited:

williejonesjr

Veteran
Ah ha...proof you are not reading my posts:) Because her Island record label wanted them scrubbed. It's harder to do tha tin China but if they had their way, those videos would not be available anywhere. They do not want this to taint her current image they are building...whatever that image is.

Sorry. I misunderstood the post.

The "hands up" is a rebuke, I think.

rainerann

Star
So, my daughter sees me watching these Poppy videos and she tells me Poppy is a "project" because she is someone with a Vevo account. I have no idea what this means and she doesn't know how to explain her slang use of the word "project" to me. I am thinking it is like some sort of extra advertising for her Vevo channel is what she is trying to say.

Although, I look up Poppy project to see if I can understand this and I find out that Poppy is an open source robotics development project that started in that started in 2012. It looks like Poppy started her robotic persona channel two years ago.

The Poppy project people are probably just a bunch of computer nerds. The project is open source. Anyone who can read programming language can read the whole project. Nothing is hidden. I just think it's funny that Poppy plays a robotic character named Poppy.

I am torn whether these are just freaky creative people playing with people's minds and conspiracy-type information or whether Poppy is enslaved. Maybe, it is a little bit of both because you don't act that freaky and not have a freaky friend or two who knows about this sort of thing.

The Gravity video was the weirdest for me so far.

Where she has the glitch around 00:30. It's just weird. Then, she repeats one things I love about YouTube is when people subscribe to my channel (not direct quote), but she says it like she is a broken record. What I wouldn't give to be able to do a survey and find out how many people subscribed after watching this less than a minute long pointless video.

In this one she says starts talking about time at around 00:30. She says something like, if you think about it time isn't linear but more of transparent cube with light shining through it. What the what? Time is a transparent cube with light shining through it. No it is not, but the image reminds me of a Rubik's cube. A Rubik's cube is a great way to make a child become frustrated and visualize that they will be trapped with no way out once the cube gets scrambled. Then when someone solves it in front of you. It makes them look like a hero.

So, my daughter sees me watching these Poppy videos and she tells me Poppy is a "project" because she is someone with a Vevo account. I have no idea what this means and she doesn't know how to explain her slang use of the word "project" to me. I am thinking it is like some sort of extra advertising for her Vevo channel is what she is trying to say.
Although, I look up Poppy project to see if I can understand this and I find out that Poppy is an open source robotics development project that started in that started in 2012. It looks like Poppy started her robotic persona channel two years ago.
The Poppy project people are probably just a bunch of computer nerds. The project is open source. Anyone who can read programming language can read the whole project. Nothing is hidden. I just think it's funny that Poppy plays a robotic character named Poppy.
I am torn whether these are just freaky creative people playing with people's minds and conspiracy-type information or whether Poppy is enslaved. Maybe, it is a little bit of both because you don't act that freaky and not have a freaky friend or two who knows about this sort of thing.
A "trans or post-humanistic angle to this mystery? Interesting. As I said earlier, There is a PR face to this, which will probably be used to explain and neutralize further discussion of the subject once it has served its purpose. However, there is a lot of older, deeper, directed material and activity that the community is trying before its fades into discredited obscurity.

Ok. 3 "New" Poppy things.

3. She does a series for Comedy Central about being internet famous
That kinda bothers me. I can see publicity being allowed to balloon, then a big reveal from the actors to discredit all the crazy conspiracy theorists who gave her publicity. Meanwhile the videos still produce whatever effect they were made for.
There are elements in these videos that remind me of other productions. Note:There is -no- accusation made against of the following examples:
The experimental 60's TV show "Turn ON."
Other elements include :
The Palm Pilot Girl from the turn of the Millennium:
Others:
As a final example, her "bible readings" (somewhat) remind me of a Youtube preacher named Monica Dennington.

rainerann

Star
A "trans or post-humanistic angle to this mystery? Interesting. As I said earlier, There is a PR face to this, which will probably be used to explain and neutralize further discussion of the subject once it has served its purpose. However, there is a lot of older, deeper, directed material and activity that the community is trying before its fades into discredited obscurity.
Maybe I'm missing where you spoke about a PR face to this that will neutralize further discussion at some point. I can't seem to find the post where you refer to this and I would like to hear more about this if you have time. Thanks!

williejonesjr

Veteran
That kinda bothers me. I can see publicity being allowed to balloon, then a big reveal from the actors to discredit all the crazy conspiracy theorists who gave her publicity. Meanwhile the videos still produce whatever effect they were made for.
There are elements in these videos that remind me of other productions. Note:There is -no- accusation made against of the following examples:
The experimental 60's TV show "Turn ON."
Other elements include :
The Palm Pilot Girl from the turn of the Millennium:
Others:
As a final example, her "bible readings" (somewhat) remind me of a Youtube preacher named Monica Dennington.
That "Turn On" gave me nightmares.

williejonesjr

Veteran

The Gravity video was the weirdest for me so far.

Where she has the glitch around 00:30. It's just weird. Then, she repeats one things I love about YouTube is when people subscribe to my channel (not direct quote), but she says it like she is a broken record. What I wouldn't give to be able to do a survey and find out how many people subscribed after watching this less than a minute long pointless video.

In this one she says starts talking about time at around 00:30. She says something like, if you think about it time isn't linear but more of transparent cube with light shining through it. What the what? Time is a transparent cube with light shining through it. No it is not, but the image reminds me of a Rubik's cube. A Rubik's cube is a great way to make a child become frustrated and visualize that they will be trapped with no way out once the cube gets scrambled. Then when someone solves it in front of you. It makes them look like a hero.
Scroll further down on Google for "Poppy Project" . Sex trafficking charity.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2011/apr/17/prostitution-human-trafficking

One question about That Poppy in her MV "Lowlife".
=====
Why does she have a sort of "dead eyes" (non-focusing eyes that could be produced after having through a heavy trauma or PSTD) in that MV? Do you notice that?
I loved how the kids reacted to her as a creepy monster instead of the normal persona she presents, especially the end. Getting into "Overly Attached" territory here! haha!

That "Turn On" gave me nightmares.
It was supposed to be inside a computer. I suspect that it might be the origin source of inspiration for Poppy. In what sounds like an urban legend, I had watched an entire segment of the second episode someone must have temporarily slipped online. When I returned to the subject a few months later, I couldn't find it again (although it may be buried somewhere). From what I remember if was slightly nauseating though its disjointedness.

The Zone

Star
Yeah, this is why I am into this more than I anticipated. The more I dig, the more curious this becomes. The mere fact she signed with Island Records makes it unlikely it is simply a project in that they would not all of a sudden say, ha, we pulled the wool over everyones eyes. This is also bigger than something just for conspiracy types in that her YT comments feature a lot of what is termed asleep people freaking out as well. They have gone to a lot of trouble to rid videos past and anyone who tries to put them on YT is met with threatening letters and YT removes them shortly thereafter.

Last edited:

heyyor

Rookie
Yeah, you would think that if this was just a very creative and clever idea for an artistic modern media/entertainment project and promotional tool, that was also serving as critical commentary about the state of today's entertainment and music industry, from a formerly struggling obscure artistic individual with big ideas then Titanic Sinclair wouldn't be personally acting the way he is in the interactions he's had with people online, and that he wouldn't get so angry and oppressive about behind the scenes control issues with fans and viewers. In fact, I'd figure the interactions would be much more positive if they were coming from a just "hit it big" independent, socially conscious artist dependent on keeping a large fan and subscriber base to maintain his success.