Thanksgiving: The annual genocide whitewash

Lurker

Star
The internet really is a safe haven for racists, bigots and little people who wouldn't dare utter the crap they spew on here, in real life.

Pathetic.
Let it be known that I am not racist. At most, it could be said that I have socioeconomic prejudices. If you present yourself well, I will treat you well. If you present yourself as a thug or white trash or welfare queen etc., I will treat you accordingly.
I like bears (beautiful animal), but I'll avoid them in the wild.

Haich

Superstar
Let it be known that I am not racist. At most, it could be said that I have socioeconomic prejudices. If you present yourself well, I will treat you well. If you present yourself as a thug or white trash or welfare queen etc., I will treat you accordingly.
I've never met a bear.

Kung Fu

Superstar
I saw a Grizzly bear at the zoo (I don't believe in zoos except for preservation purposes.) and it was massive. It was really beautiful and when you see these animals up close it's a completely different feeling to oppose seeing it on a TV screen.

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
:D:D I C U

Etagloc

Superstar
You're FOS, on some of this, Etagloc. Maybe, one day, you will get past seeing color. I am reminded by someone who once said no two people see the truth as the same in all cases, And with this being a forum dedicated to seeing how PTB's are inflaming things such as racial tension, it amazes me that some people think the truth is in some tidy little box. They need th victims and for them to remain that of those seeking justice to keep things as they are. Remember the Alamo! (but do not move on from it.)

Some act more on emotion with their posts than they do personal experience. Many are listing others work or their gif's and yet they did not experience the injustices they refer to. Views are limited by life experience as is the big picture of understanding. And therein lies the problem. People are seeing color before words and then there is a blurred accusation tossed which in turn keeps things at an impasse. Time to move on regardless of the silly gifs to come which is canned thinking. Once the Nazi card is played, it is time to just move on.
You could be a politician. "I don't see color" sounds a lot better than "let's erase Native American history".

mecca

Superstar
Maybe, one day, you will get past seeing color.
Race is relevant in racial issues. It can't be disregarded or overlooked when it was/is still the reason for many problems in our society. Race shouldn't be a big deal but in order to get society to that level, we have to address and resolve racism first.

Etagloc

Superstar
Race is relevant in racial issues. It can't be disregarded or overlooked when it was/is still the reason for many problems in our society. Race shouldn't be a big deal but in order to get society to that level, we have to address and resolve racism first.

The Zone

Star
You took my comment out of context and made it fit a narrative. Life does not have to be a racial issue. Life is what you make it. If you feel deprived, then it is a big deal. Are you deprived or without a fair opportunity?

The Zone

Star
You could be a politician. "I don't see color" sounds a lot better than "let's erase Native American history".
And you could be Fake News...attributing comments to people that they did not make. Don't be a gnat.

It's not even about what I feel, it's about what's actually happening in the world. There is injustice in the world and I don't support that.
This is why we should not "get past seeing color", so to speak. Zone, you should probably find another way to phrase anti-racist attitudes, because those who are impacted will simply see this as turning a (color)blind eye to systemic oppression.

"We need to talk about racism"
In response: "I don't see race" could easily translate to "I don't care"