Thailand: Deadline For Facebook To Remove Footage Of King Removed

JoChris

Superstar

manama

Star
Out of both the candidates for succession, this guy was terrible in all sort of ways

manama

Star

JoChris

Superstar
Perhaps tradition - male on the throne automatically?

Yes assuming the Wikipedia entry is completely accurate he's not exactly the ideal type of person for the top position of a country!

Glad I am over a continent away if the laws RE any negative information etc. are that strict.

manama

Star
Perhaps tradition - male on the throne automatically?

Yes assuming the Wikipedia entry is completely accurate he's not exactly the ideal type of person for the top position of a country!

Glad I am over a continent away if the laws RE any negative information etc. are that strict.
My friend is half-thai and she kept crying the whole day in class back when this guy succeeded the thone lol everyone hates him

Tatilina

Star
What is the big deal about this creepy weirdo anyways? You should quit facebook. I got rid of mine a few years ago.

JoChris

Superstar
I can do one better - I have never joined Facebook. :D

I think it is an interesting news story. Us Commonwealth country citizens don't have to worry if we type something insulting about Queen Elizabeth's outfit she wore on one particular day on some website that we may be facing jail.

Tatilina

Star
I can do one better - I have never joined Facebook. :D

I think it is an interesting news story. Us Commonwealth country citizens don't have to worry if we type something insulting about Queen Elizabeth's outfit she wore on one particular day on some website that we may be facing jail.
That is better lol. Believe me, you aren't missing out.

Well, we are slowly moving in that direction. Thailand is brutal though. I think it's funny how they are over reacting, maybe he should have thought twice on the crop top like.... what were you thinking? Why? Just why lol?

Don't they need personal access to facebook to try and find out who uploaded the video? I doubt facebook can be bothered to get involved in all that.

JoChris

Superstar
It's totally unreasonable for anyone to expect Facebook to censor content that most people would barely rise an eyebrow at now. It's only because of WHO it is that makes the footage noteworthy.

Extreme power and influence seems to have a negative impact on people's reasoning abilities. No negative consequences for poor personal choices, no personal judgement skills.
That king needs to grow up.

Tatilina

Star
It's totally unreasonable for anyone to expect Facebook to censor content that most people would barely rise an eyebrow at now. It's only because of WHO it is that makes the footage noteworthy.

Extreme power and influence seems to have a negative impact on people's reasoning abilities. No negative consequences for poor personal choices, no personal judgement skills.
That king needs to grow up.
I won't argue with you there.