Texas Justly Executes John William King

DesertRose

Superstar
Dropped in for a sec this TED talk should give food for thought for those who want a more just system in the US.
A prosecutor's vision for a better justice system | Adam Foss

Vengeance is not justice.
But this is also true though, which I just realised after giving this more thought.

Because really, vengeance is really what awaits them AFTER death:

Deuteronomy
32:35 To Me [belongeth] vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in [due] time: for the day of their calamity [is] at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.

32:41 If I whet the lightning of my sword, and Mine hand take hold on Judgment; I will render vengeance to Mine enemies, and will reward them that hate Me [or disobey Me].

Hebrews
10:30 For we know Him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto Me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge His people.
10:31 [It is] a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God.

Luke 21:22 For these be the Days of Vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

Amen.

God's perfect justice will be done, but it's not up to you or anyone else to decide when and how. For now, we are commanded to follow this:

1 Peter 2:13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, 14 or to governors, who are sent by Him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. 15 For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people. 16 Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. 17 Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.

Keep in mind Jesus and the apostles preached under one of the most tyrannical and corrupt governments. There's no excuse for Christians today not to follow His example.
Agreed, but what should happen is people need to start voting for God's Laws to be put back into society, to return to it.

It shouldn't be seen as a crime for someone to get the True Justice that they deserve.

A guy who killed his fiance's rapist, should not have been put in prison and then have to serve 25 years for having done, according to God's Law, absolutely NOTHING WRONG.

Instead of being put in prison by an insane society... he should have gotten many pats on the back, and hugs, and people saying to him that "well done, in that you got the evil bastard who did it. We're all filled with an extreme level of grief and we are so very sorry and feel with you and your fiance so much sorrow and regret, that a thing as horrible as this could even have been a possibility in this our neigborhood, it should absolutely never have been able to happen here where we live, and we will do our best from now on to try and make up for this atrocity, by stepping up our collective effort of making SURE that anything like this NEVER happens again to you or anyone else again. We're so sorry, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help."

But it won't ever be like that, unless people start realizing the truth.. That God has been Right, all along and we should do and organize society like HE has ALWAYS said it should be. Only when that happens, will life in this place stop being such a hellish experience.

Last edited:
Where did Jesus preach a theocracy/state religion in this world or a return to Deuteronomy law? Here's a hint: He didn't.
Matthew
5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy The Law, or the Prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no way pass from The Law, till ALL be fulfilled.
5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least COMMANDments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the Kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the Kingdom of heaven.
5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall EXCEED [the righteousness] of the lawyers and politicians, ye shall in no case enter into the Kingdom of heaven.

23:1 Then spoke Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
23:2 Saying, The lawyers and the politicians sit in Moses' Law seat:
23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe of God's Law, [that] observe and do; but do not ye after their example: for they say, and do not (and make up their own laws against God's Orders - Deut. 4:2).
23:4 For they bind heavy burdens (the Talmud) and grievous to be borne, and lay [them] on men's shoulders; but they [themselves] will not lift one of their fingers to remove them.

Jesus said He came not to destroy The Law OR The Prophets but to fulfill them. That means ALL of them including this one:

Isaiah 42:21 The "I AM" is well pleased for His Righteousness' sake; He will magnify The Law, and make [it] honourable (Deut. 33:21).

So you can know for a FACT that it is coming, because God said so.

Vote for righteous justice through due process and a court of law? YES. Allow people to kill others for vengeance or so-called personal justice apart from due process? NO WAY.

Again, the law is the law, and it's the States God given right and duty to carry out the law whether you disagree with it or not. In the end, God's ultimate will and final punishment will be done. He will punish the corrupt governing authorities along with the criminals. You either have faith in Him... or you don't.
God said He will MAGNIFY The Law and make it honourable.

He didn't say the American Constitution, or the British Legal System. He said The Law and He means His Law.

So, yes it will most definitely happen, one way or another, because God has said it.

Wigi

Veteran
A capital punishment isn't evil.
What's evil it's to let criminals break the law and get away with it because 'we shouldn't hurt their loved ones.'

Retribution is justice but it should be practiced by a judge with a court and witnesses only.

Those who disagree with a strict judicial system glorify wickedness and advocate for more heinous crimes until people seek revenge by themselves. And that could cause a civil war.

Last edited:
A capital punishment isn't evil.
What's evil it's to let criminals break the law and get away with it because 'we shouldn't hurt their loved ones.'
Amen to that.

It's not "we" who would have hurt their loved ones. It is they who have hurt ours, and it is they, who have hurt theirs too, by what they have chosen to go out and do.

Last edited:

Lurker

Star
Holy Bible: Romans 13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.
Yeah, no way that was written by men for their own benefit.
4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good
You might want to look at https://thefreethoughtproject.com/

justjess

Superstar
I'd say the defense/jury failed him. They have no problem throwing in the "why" to make a hate crime, but not so much for mitigating circumstances.
I agree. My whole point was that it isn’t black and white. And with life on the line I don’t personally feel any person can be trusted with making that call.

Lurker

Star
A capital punishment isn't evil
I don't think anyone said it was, just that the state shouldn't have that level of power.
What's evil it's to let criminals break the law and get away with it because 'we shouldn't hurt their loved ones
By not killing them, they somehow get away with it?
Retribution is justice but it should be practiced by a judge with a court and witnesses only.
Life in prison is still retribution.
Those who disagree with a strict judicial system glorify wickedness and advocate for more heinous crimes until people seek revenge by themselves.
A strict judicial system has also given us mandatory minimums for victimless crimes.
And that could cause a civil war
Doubtful.