Texas Justly Executes John William King

Etagloc

Superstar
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/24/us/james-byrd-killer-execution-john-william-king/index.html

The death penalty as applied here may have been lenient. I think he may have merited torture prior to his execution.

However, I am pleased with the execution* and I am quite convinced that the case shows the justness of the death penalty and is clear proof against the position which is for its abolition.

*I would like for him to have been hanged in public, though

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
The death penalty as applied here may have been lenient. I think he may have merited torture prior to his execution.

sorry, i am not a fan of torturing anyone no matter what they did. it really speaks volumes about you, colgate, that you find torture acceptable under any condition. the fact that you desire to consciously inflict pain on another human being for vengence is sad. even animals dont consciously do that to other animals. where does that leave you with your consciousness level?

execution helps nothing except to satisfy the desire for venegence of the victims family. it might be cheaper for the state to execute him rather than keep him locked up in jail, but what does it say about society when we cannot allow this individual to reflect over his actions and come to a realization to what hes done and make amends? execution is the easy way out. any person perpetrating this act has mental problems, either innate or from a deranged childhood. in either case, they ought to be pitied and rehabilitated, not executed.

(heres where col valerio disagrees)
on a side topic, the hate crimes legislation act, which apparently was birthed from this incident, is too often abused by the state to add extra charges against an individual.

Etagloc

Superstar
You're more interested in personal attack (and maybe in covering for a fellow white supremacist) than intellectual discussion. I don't care about what you think.

The man tortured and killed his innocent victim so yes I do think it would be fair for him to have received an eye for an eye.

Allegra

Veteran
He did not show any remorse until the very end. Some people are just helpless.
He was given plenty of years before his execution.

Etagloc

Superstar
You're not even interested in ideas but like an sjw you are more concerned about some fake moral superiority (in this case through being soft on a criminal). What you say is on a lower intellectual level because it isn't on an intellectual level at all but on a level which hasn't reached such a dimension.

It's not a coincidence that you are the same guy who militantly defended the Confederate statues and who has an underlying white supremacist agenda throughout his content. And that valerio is on your side only further illustrates his hypocrisy.

The issue is not what I said but for you it is the races of the two in question. Were the races reversed, you would have had no problem with what I said. It is only for that reason that you made an absurd display of fake outrage. You are oh-so passionate about defending the "rights" of this man who tortured and murdered a black man simply for his race. Were the races reversed, you would have no such qualms. If I wanted to read more from your debased type, I'd read Stormfront.

Last edited:

Etagloc

Superstar
furthermore, the topic isn't even about torture but about a particular case and about capital punishment..... but indicative of the nature of your type, you readily come and dumb down the discussion... having an intellectual discussion would be too much to expect from your capacities

Etagloc

Superstar

"I take umbrage with Etagloc's statement.... and that what that man did was even a crime"

polymoog

Superstar
I don't care about what you think.
::then proceeds to reply to my post 4 times in a row::

You're more interested in personal attack (and maybe in covering for a fellow white supremacist) than intellectual discussion.
:: then proceeds to do just that ::

The man tortured and killed his innocent victim so yes I do think it would be fair for him to have received an eye for an eye.
1556236885972.png

Last edited:

Etagloc

Superstar
That the white sheet crowd would defend the white sheet crowd is only to be expected.

You're more interested in personal attack (and maybe in covering for a fellow white supremacist) than intellectual discussion. I don't care about what you think.

No one is able to escape their just desserts.

That is how all of this works. So, whatever just punishment is not fully paid out in this realm is most definitely meted out in full in the other. People who do horrible things to others do not escape their punishment. Ever.

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, THAT shall he also reap.

polymoog

Superstar
You're not even interested in ideas but like an sjw you are more concerned about some fake moral superiority (in this case through being soft on a criminal). What you say is on a lower intellectual level because it isn't on an intellectual level at all but on a level which hasn't reached such a dimension.

It's not a coincidence that you are the same guy who militantly defended the Confederate statues and who has an underlying white supremacist agenda throughout his content. And that valerio is on your side only further illustrates his hypocrisy.

The issue is not what I said but for you it is the races of the two in question. Were the races reversed, you would have had no problem with what I said. It is only for that reason that you made an absurd display of fake outrage. You are oh-so passionate about defending the "rights" of this man who tortured and murdered a black man simply for his race. Were the races reversed, you would have no such qualms. If I wanted to read more from your debased type, I'd read Stormfront.
i am not "soft on criminals". i never said boyd shouldnt be punished. i said he shouldnt be tortured. do you think criminals need to be tortured as punishment?

yes, i defended the confederate statues, but if you think i defended them because they were supremacist, you are mistaken. this was about the destruction of historical landmarks in general. removal of statues is removal of history. i wouldnt support the removal of stalin statues in russia, not because i thought he was a swell guy but because that statue represents the period in russian history when people were forced to revere him.

i wont speak for valerio, but ill say this: he is not a hypocrite. he has a strong moral backbone which i respect. hes got guts, and guts is enough.

the race issue has ZERO bearing on this. zero. thats part of your own obsession, not mine.

Last edited:
i am not "soft on criminals". i never said boyd shouldnt be punished. i said he shouldnt be tortured. do you think criminals need to be tortured as punishment?
According to God's Law, the victim's family should be given the honour of executing the criminals, publicly. And they should be assisted by the authorities and/or other members of the public.

That is what should always be allowed to happen, and in every instance where guilt has been proven and a Just sentence is due.

First of all, it allows the victim's family to purge their grief, which would otherwise remain and be poisoning them from within, for the rest of their lives.

Secondly, it sends everyone a message, so that the people may hear, and fear, and do no more such evil.

That is True Justice, and how it should be.

polymoog

Superstar
According to God's Law, the victim's family should be given the honour of executing the criminals, publicly. And they should be assisted by the authorities and/or other members of the public.
i am not christian and disagree, but i respect your viewpoint.
i dont think god would look favorably on torture of any kind.

Etagloc

Superstar
You're possessed by uncleanliness and your demon-creature avatar is indicative of that. You need to be purified and cleansed for your own sake.

Etagloc

Superstar
you take the last word, poly... I'm not interested in going back and forth with you.... if I'm interested in a white-sheet demon type who just loves him the confederate flag and just can't stand "them colored people"..... well.... there's plenty of such rabble..... I'm not interested in climbing into the mud pen with you

polymoog

Superstar
you take the last word, poly... I'm not interested in going back and forth with you.... if I'm interested in a white-sheet demon type who just loves him the confederate flag and just can't stand "them colored people"..... well.... there's plenty of such rabble..... I'm not interested in climbing into the mud pen with you
ok....

to the ladies and gentlemen of the jury:

ive provided a counterargument questioning the validity of colgates statement advocating torture, claiming it was morally and intellectually wrong. when confronted with this undeniable fact, colgate clearly ignored the debate, claimed that i was personally attacking him, which i had not. instead of considering and reflecting upon what i had stated, colgate took umbrage with it because he refuses to accept that he can be wrong and then proceeded with his own ad hominem attacks upon me after claiming he didnt care what i thought.
not once had i brought race into this debate, but colgate continued to claim that it was my underlying reason for disagreeing with him. he began grasping for straws, as i was then charged with being unclean and having a demon like avatar.

torture, ladies and gentlemen, is not acceptable for animals, and its not acceptable for humans. accepting torture as legitimate is to throw humanity into a sewer to satisfy ones vindictive hunger.

the defense rests.

Last edited:

Make sure you @ me if you have something to say toothpaste.

AFAIK this is the first time I’ve agreed with @polymoog on anything. As far as his worldview I stand behind everything I’ve said about it and he knows what I think about his beliefs.

That said at least he is a worthy adversary and has some intelligence which I would never say about you. He happens to be right about this.

I don’t give a shit that this guy is dead, he deserved it but morally I can not support the death penalty as long as the potentiality of an innocent being convicted exists. It will always exist and it’s relatively common. I don’t believe in giving the power of life or death to the state. Jesus Christ was wrongly executed.

As far as torture it’s never acceptable, I’m not surprised at your endorsement of it, considering your hard on for Saudi Arabia who never saw a political opponent or uppity woman who didn’t deserve a few rounds with a car battery and a pair of pliers.

Last edited:
i am not christian and disagree, but i respect your viewpoint.
i dont think god would look favorably on torture of any kind.
The Law should only be carried out by us in a completely calm, orderly and non-emotional way.

Vengeance is Mine, says The Lord -

Deuteronomy 32:35 To Me [belongeth] vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in [due] time: for the day of their calamity [is] at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.

Hebrews 10:30 For we know Him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto Me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge His people.

WHY did the framers of the Constitution choose the word “INFRINGED” for the Second Amendment?

"It is time that EVERY American fully understood this word-choice. In the days of the framers, they used to write on starched linen, that was made with tightly woven strands/threads then heavily starched to make it stiff and hold it together, so it could be written upon."

https://www.veteranstoday.com/2016/01/05/why-did-the-framers-of-the-constitution-choose-the-word-infringed-for-the-second-amendment/

Last edited: