Television: a mass brainwashing machine

I think Big Bang theory is an example.
Really? Wow I shouldn't even be surprised. Don't think I'll watch that again!
Despite it's interesting humour, it already had some programming aspects behind it, especially the science portion, but the fact that they have this, too? Such overkill. And what's the worst thing is because it flashes so quickly, it gives people no chance because if they can't see it, how are they to know they are being programmed? I guess that's the point? So horrible.

peridot

Established
Media itself, in all it's forms, it mean to at VERY least convince you to consider another perspective.
The controversial part is people exist that (try to) use it to force a particular way of thinking.
Controversial or not, it's extremely truth there are certain thought you would not link together without the use of Media. Radio, then TV, then all the profusion that we have now.

I will go further and say that some of the "more insane" things we now see I really believe is a test of how well the programming "took." Here's a really mild example:

How many commercial catch lines do you know?
How many songs do you recognize after half a verse is played or sung?

I thought about this after answering one of those Facebook polls that listed a bunch of ad phrases, and asked how many could name the product. These were advertised in the USA, so things like
Plop, plop. Fizz, Fizz.....
Where's the beef?
The best part of waking up is...
Got to make the....
Can you hear me now?
What day is it???
In 15 minutes, we can save you....
Two all beef patties, special sauce, ....
The difference...is M....
Leggo my ...
Winter is coming.
If you dare wear short shorts, ....
Coke is the real ...
I'd like to buy the world a ...

I realized the fact I knew so many of these of these phrases is because I have watched a WHOLE lot of TV in my life. In addition, knowing these these slogans can hint or reveal a lot of unintended information about yourself, like your approximate age or your discretionary spending habits, etc.
And that's when I stopped responding to those posts, as humorous as they were.

Makes you wonder what ELSE that can be used for...

Simka

Established
I absolutely agree that television has a big impact on people and on their opinions. Not everyone analyzes the information given on TV and double-checks it on other resources. And of course, advertisement. Business owners spend a lot of money on it because it really works and makes us buy their products and services. The only way out I found was to buy this Android TV box and choose only the content I really want to watch. As for the news, I read it online on different sites.

Last edited:

Amberlin

Rookie
An interesting article I found on television's effect on the breakdown of society. Here are some key screenshots that stood out to me the most:
View attachment 54892
View attachment 54893

View attachment 54895
View attachment 54896 (Pay attention to the highlighted quote here as it shows one of the big harms of music)
View attachment 54897(Unbelievable! TV Shows were able to manipulate a generation into having smaller families. Imagine what else the media is manipulating us into.)

This website also has many other good articles on topics that we often discuss on this site, I recommend giving it a look.
They managed to manipulate people in a span of five years to believe a man can be a woman and a woman can be man, whilst simultaneously saying they can be non-binary.

Amberlin

Rookie
Here's a preview of an interesting article regarding the occult history of the creation of the television set.

View attachment 66543
This honestly made me think a lot about being understanding towards people who were so against the tv then rather than calling them crazy religious folk..to an extent.

But people should substitute it for something else then which would probably be more expensive...like going out for shooting...taking trips...reading books and so on.

I remember in my household my dad never let us watch tv since it was so "evil" according to the church we went to. I never found any proper reasoning either then "they said so". But looking at it now when my siblings would watch movies...alot of those movie ideas became my morality and build of character...interesting how many Christians were opposed to it then....and we find out now it was built from an esoteric point of view.

Amberlin

Rookie
I am looking into the red n blue theme they use
as I am wondering if it helps us
to accept the programming
they show in tv shows/movies etc...
Simpsons-Bart wears red shirt blue pants
American dad-Steve wears red shirt blue pants
Cleveland show-cb jr wears red shirt blue pants

old school 3D images needed red n blue
I am try a find out what came first
The 3D or colour tv
as both are 1939
wondering if 3D might've been like a test for the tv

I have also noticed a heavy use of what I been calling
Colour of space (also a movie to check out)
or for anyone who may not have seen it
Telus 5g colour in their commercial
that showed them launch 5g

anyone noticed this colour of space
being heavily used in stuff
I think colour came first then 3D..since colour was said to have been made in 1915...and other sources say 1890s. While 3D was kind of 1900s phenomenon

Diogenes

Established
I stopped watching TV like 30 years ago or something. I also have not seen a movie at a theatre in 2007 because I still remember what the last one I watched was. If I watch a movie it will be by accident,at a friend's house maybe and still, I am trying to see what's in the background, not in the foreground. I think most of it is absolutely crap,a unnecessary play with emotions, happiness, sadness, vengefulness and the list goes on. No need to be involved in a play like this. The actors are ill personalities to me, almost crazy people, who can never be themselves - instead they choose to be always someone else. That's soul consuming in my opinion. And the term "star" is something coming straight from the teachings of this idiot, Aleister Crowley. I don't blame others for watching TV and movies but I would tell them to be very careful with what they choose to watch. It's all pretty disilussional and fake.

BananaLaser

Veteran
In the opening scene of the movie "Nacho Libre" there are acts of sacrilege openly displayed in an inconsequential fashion. Most notably at 1:03 of the video, when he breaks a Rosary, and then uses the beads to decorate his cape.

The people who watch that scene and don't know any better, will subconsciously get their brains trained into thinking that misusing Christian objects is a cool thing to do, when it is actually a mortal sin to purposely misuse them.

Last edited:

minnie82

Superstar
Really? Wow I shouldn't even be surprised. Don't think I'll watch that again!
Despite it's interesting humour, it already had some programming aspects behind it, especially the science portion, but the fact that they have this, too? Such overkill. And what's the worst thing is because it flashes so quickly, it gives people no chance because if they can't see it, how are they to know they are being programmed? I guess that's the point? So horrible.
i actually like Big Bang theory, even if in tv theme , there's clearly an all seeing eye ..