Television: a mass brainwashing machine

muslimah

Rookie
An interesting article I found on television's effect on the breakdown of society. Here are some key screenshots that stood out to me the most:
1619253212160.png
1619253231994.png

1619253274147.png
1619253289233.png (Pay attention to the highlighted quote here as it shows one of the big harms of music)
1619253392292.png(Unbelievable! TV Shows were able to manipulate a generation into having smaller families. Imagine what else the media is manipulating us into.)

This website also has many other good articles on topics that we often discuss on this site, I recommend giving it a look.

The Agrarian

Established
An interesting article I found on television's effect on the breakdown of society. Here are some key screenshots that stood out to me the most:
View attachment 54892
View attachment 54893

View attachment 54895
View attachment 54896 (Pay attention to the highlighted quote here as it shows one of the big harms of music)
View attachment 54897(Unbelievable! TV Shows were able to manipulate a generation into having smaller families. Imagine what else the media is manipulating us into.)

This website also has many other good articles on topics that we often discuss on this site, I recommend giving it a look.
Wow that's disturbing.
Part of why my house doesn't have a TV.

A pastor of one of my church's neighboring congregations had a great quote:

"I don't watch television, I study it."

peridot

Established
A pastor of one of my church's neighboring congregations had a great quote:

"I don't watch television, I study it."
Reminds me of a quote from a guy who called himself "Doc Marquis." He claimed to be raised in a family that did not allow him to watch TV, unless it was part of his "lessons." He said he was told very specifically that they were called TV programs because that is exactly what the leaders of his particular cult had planned for them to do: Program the masses. When his caretakers did present TV shows to him, it was to reinforce a a training they wanted him to understand.

I can not verify the veracity of his claims, but as I have heard that doggerel probably before I hit double digits. The longer I live on this planet, I've come to agree that it sure looks like that's what's going on, not just tv, but in media in general.