Teacher in France beheaded for showing Muhammad cartoons

friend

Veteran
let me begin by stating that i think this event did not even happen. as a matter of fact, muslims dont have anything to do with my objection to your argument.

you originally stated that the french teacher was at fault for saying things that could elicit a reaction to muslims. because one group might have a violent reaction to something they see or hear, the rest of us should handle the group with kid gloves and tread carefully as to not upset them?

no one group should get special treatment because they are extra sensitive to criticism or ridicule. you can validly argue that the teacher should have used better judgment, but that is absolutely NO excuse for any group or person to physically attack the person. crossing the line from verbal to physical is flat out wrong.

any overly sensitive individuals who need to physically lash out against unpopular speech need to either ignore them and walk away or combat it with more free speech. violence is
Two points:

1 - Even if it did happen (doesn't look so when we see the decapitated head), the French were in the know and were waiting for it to happen and killed the attacker right-away.

2 - The killing of the teacher was wrong because in Sharia Law there must be an investigation to check whether the teacher was forced to show insulting drawings (naked picture) or whether he was sober or not etc...

Lurking009

Star
Two points:

1 - Even if it did happen (doesn't look so when we see
2 - The killing of the teacher was wrong because in Sharia Law there must be an investigation to check whether the teacher was forced to show insulting drawings (naked picture) or whether he was sober or not etc...
... or how about this: Sharia law should in no way be forced upon non-muslims. Ever.

friend

Veteran

Lurking009

Star
and who is forcing it ?
lol... you said: "2 - The killing of the teacher was wrong because in Sharia Law there must be an investigation to check whether the teacher was forced to show insulting drawings (naked picture) or whether he was sober or not etc..."

According to you, the beheading was only wrong because the teacher should have been investigated first per Sharia law. Why should the non-muslim teacher have been investigated under Sharia law in the first place? Are you walking your comment back now?

Last edited:

Wigi

Veteran
"You can see how political Islam combines with radical Islam and so eventually leads to terrorism," Mr Darmanin said on Europe 1 radio.

“We must fight political Islam with the same determination as we fight terrorism.”

Even Jean-Luc Mélenchon, the head of the extreme-left La France Insoumise (France Unbowed) party, who has himself been criticised by the right as "Islamo-leftist," condemned “Islamist terrorism” and suggested targeting the Chechen immigrant community.

You should have in mind that Melenchon make a guy like Sanders look right wing compared to him yet even someone like him change his mind about radical Islam. Leftists ask all medias to publish cartoons of Muhammad to show their support for freedom of expression and that says a lot because as always the left turns into an hysterical force that ask to do provocative stuff everytime emotions gets involved. I guess they no longer want to smash statues, who knows ?

But Macron surely is winning the title of most sinister president in the west today conveniently pretending to be some sort of nationalist figure against Islam while refusing to close or even control who cross our borders.

Last edited:

friend

Veteran
lol... you said: "2 - The killing of the teacher was wrong because in Sharia Law there must be an investigation to check whether the teacher was forced to show insulting drawings (naked picture) or whether he was sober or not etc..."

According to you, the beheading was only wrong because the teacher should have been investigated first per Sharia law. Why should the non-muslim teacher have been investigated under Sharia law in the first place? Are you walking your comment back now?
What i meant was:

1- the killer, as a Muslim, should have considered the Sharia Law (God's Law).

2- The killing, according to Sharia Law, is wrong. so the Muslim killer has acted against the teachings of Islam and its laws.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
"You can see how political Islam combines with radical Islam and so eventually leads to terrorism," Mr Darmanin said on Europe 1 radio.

“We must fight political Islam with the same determination as we fight terrorism.”

Even Jean-Luc Mélenchon, the head of the extreme-left La France Insoumise (France Unbowed) party, who has himself been criticised by the right as "Islamo-leftist," condemned “Islamist terrorism” and suggested targeting the Chechen immigrant community.

You should have in mind that Melenchon make a guy like Sanders look right wing compared to him yet even someone like him change his mind about radical Islam. Leftists ask all medias to publish cartoons of Muhammad to show their support for freedom of expression and that says a lot because as always the left turns into an hysterical force that ask to do provocating stuff everytime emotions gets involved. I guess they no longer want to smash statues, who knows ?

But Macron surely is winning the title of most sinister president in the west today conveniently pretending to be some sort of nationalist figure against Islam while refusing to close or even control who cross our borders.
Macron is being pitched as a uniting figure, at a time when he claimed last year that “world order is being shaken like never before”, in contrast to the nationalist and populist wave. Europeans looking for a uniting voice may feel that he represents “hope”, especially if the narrative plays out of shared global problems, great resets, common values of society regardless of religion, ethnicity etc etc.

If all the world is a meadow, and ordinary people are regarded as “sheep” by some, it might just be that Macron stands by the gate of global technocracy, willing to use any incident to his advantage.

p.s. The teacher was eulogised as the “face of the republic” recently by Emanuel Macron.

P.s. Macron addressing the “Global Citizen” YouTube channel:-

Last edited:

Lurking009

Star
What i meant was:

2- The killing, according to Sharia Law, is wrong. so the Muslim killer has acted against the teachings of Islam and its laws.
Thanks for the response. That is a huge leap and change from your first comment, though.

Serious question: If, as you first maintained, an investigation should have first been done to determine whether a person was forced to blaspheme or did it willingly, etc., what would the penalty be if the subject was found guilty?

friend

Veteran
Thanks for the response. That is a huge leap and change from your first comment, though.

Serious question: If, as you first maintained, an investigation should have first been done to determine whether a person was forced to blaspheme or did it willingly, etc., what would the penalty be if the subject was found guilty?
For this question you need a Fatwa from a trusted Muftee because i am not at that level.

A fatwā (/ˈfætwɑː/, also US: /ˈfɑːtwɑː/; Arabic: فتوىٰ‎; plural fatāwā فتاوىٰ) is a nonbinding legal opinion on a point of Islamic law (sharia) given by a qualified jurist in response to a question posed by a private individual, judge or government.[1][2][3] A jurist issuing fatwas is called a mufti, and the act of issuing fatwas is called iftāʾ.

polymoog

Superstar
again, i dont believe this event took place.

i would like to add that any religious extremist (christian, jewish, muslim, etc.) takes things into his own hands and has their own interpretation on their respective religions, none of which is usually sanctioned by the official group.

my point was that, IF this event took place, the offended muslims should have filed an official complaint to have that teacher reprimanded. any religious ridicule does not belong in the classroom.

Lurking009

Star

"As of 2011, all Islamic majority nations, worldwide, had criminal laws on blasphemy. Over 125 non-Muslim nations worldwide did not have any laws relating to blasphemy. In Islamic nations, thousands of individuals have been arrested and punished for blasphemy of Islam. Moreover, several Islamic nations have argued in the United Nations that blasphemy against Muhammad is unacceptable, and that laws should be passed worldwide to proscribe it."

From what I'm reading from various sources, the penalty for blasphemy against Islam is death or some sort of punishment. This sentence can be applied to both muslims and non-muslims. Numerous fatwas have been issued and the death penalty carried out on non-muslims around the world time and time again for alleged blasphemy. These are facts, not speculation.

My earlier question remains: Why is Sharia law being forced on non-muslims and in free countries.

Wigi

Veteran
Since you talk about fatwa, there was one :

The prosecutor also said there was a "direct causal link" between the killing and an online hate campaign that was orchestrated against Mr Paty.

The campaign was allegedly launched by the father of one of his pupils. The man, 48, who has been named in French media only as Brahim C, is accused of issuing a "fatwa" against the teacher.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
What i meant was:

I think they know good and well what you meant, just as they did with me. No matter how much you attempt to clarify and state your case, they are just going to selectively read regardless...

Lurking009

Star
I think they know good and well what you meant, just as they did with me. No matter how much you attempt to clarify and state your case, they are just going to selectively read regardless...
I took you at your words, which are all there in black and white. I didn't misunderstand a thing. If you didn't mean what you said, then maybe try being more clear and concise next time?

illuminatimess

Veteran
To me, this entire situation looks like "divide et impera"! Riling up the respective sides in order to create chaos and to divert society from actual issues. Macron can't handle the Green Vests protesting again when the Corona situation is over.

Giant images of Prophet Mohammed appear on French government building

Christians accept the humiliation of Jesus in art and everywhere. Muslims cannot. They(France) know it and we know their purpose.