Taylor $wift

minnie82

Superstar
talking about singers that the career faded because they didn't want sold her soul, it's Stacie Orrico , she have a few hits in the early 2000's and then disappear :

BananaLaser

Veteran
The butterfly symbol was used often in her early career. Every female musician or songstress is associated with it especially if she's a teen.

Thats quite interesting. Do you know why it is that young female singers are often associated with the butterfly symbol. I know Miley Cyrus was also heavily associated with that symbol, when she was Hannah Montana.

minnie82

Superstar
Thats quite interesting. Do you know why it is that young female singers are often associated with the butterfly symbol. I know Miley Cyrus was also heavily associated with that symbol, when she was Hannah Montana.
butterfly is linked to the monarch programming, Mariah Carey also have a song titled Butterfly ..

BananaLaser

Veteran
When the one eye symbol, the butterfly symbol, etc are used, how do they necessarily affect the masses viewing the symbols?

She looks so innocent in the DVD of The Sound of Music I got at Dollar Tree. I guess I've been fooled again LOL.
LOL! it's tough cause looks are so deceiving! It's crazy what actually could be under someone's facade. Wait, she was in sound of music, or is this meant as a joke? :p :p

BananaLaser

Veteran
I've noticed that we've mainly been focusing on the symbolism behind Taylor Swift's work, but I think it would be important if we also dissected her lyrics too.

Here is a lyric from her song Blank Space:

"Nice to meet you, where you been?
I could show you incredible things
Magic, madness, heaven, sin"

Notice how she mentions "sin", when she sings "I could show you incredible things"? When I first heard that it threw me off, but now that I've become more aware of what the music industry is all about it's not very surprising to me anymore. It's still quite disturbing to me though, because everything bad in the world, is because of sin. That should make it clear that she strives for humanity's destruction.