Symbolic Album Covers

BananaLaser

Veteran
This album is titled "Obsolescence" by a band called "Abysmal Dawn". At first I couldn't really tell what the symbolism was on this album cover, but after further studying it, it appears to be of a portal that goes into hell. This album being titled "obsolescence" which means the process of becoming outdated, could be symbolic of how our time on earth is temporary (something to eventually become outdated), and if we don't live our lives properly we'll get sent to hell.
1680111169761.png
@Lizard King is this one of the albums that you had in mind, when you mentioned "the last few albums by Abysmal Dawn" being symbolic?

Last edited:
This album is titled "Obsolescence" by a band called "Abysmal Dawn". At first I couldn't really tell what the symbolism was on this album cover, but after further studying it, it appears to be of a portal that goes into hell. This album being titled "obsolescence" which means the process of becoming outdated, could be symbolic of how our time on earth is temporary (something to eventually become outdated), and if we don't like our lives properly we'll get sent to hell.
View attachment 85624
@Lizard King is this one of the albums that you had in mind, when you mentioned "the last few albums by Abysmal Dawn" being symbolic?
Yes. Good Work. The one after this and the one before it are similar. There is actually four of them that follow the same theme. Like some kind of hellish world where these bizarre creatures are draining the life force out of creatures that were once human. Also they have an album called Programmed To Consume which features a song named Mandatory Resurrection. The music is very frightening and dark yet it seems to be warning people not against them. Whereas Venom seems to just celebrate Satan with no redeeming value. There is also a band called Deicide which is actually worse than Venom. You might want to investigate Black Metal because it is rife with this stuff.

BananaLaser

Veteran
Thank you. Are you saying that the band "Venom" is trying to raise awareness, when you said "The music is very frightening and dark yet it seems to be warning people not against them"? Based on the research I did on Deicide, I agree that they are worse than Venom. How did you find out about these bands? Sure, I'll investigate deeper into Black Metal. There's just a crazy amount of degenerate symbolism in the Black Metal genre, that I think my brain might explode trying to analyze it all lol.

Last edited:
Thank you. Are you saying that the band "Venom" is trying to raise awareness, when you said "The music is very frightening and dark yet it seems to be warning people not against them"? Based on the research I did on Deicide, I agree that they are worse than Venom. How did you find out about these bands? Sure, I'll investigate deeper into Black Metal. There's just a crazy amount of degenerate symbolism in the Black Metal genre, that I think my brain might explode trying to analyze it all lol.
No I said Abysmal Dawn was perhaps trying to warn people of impending doom. Venom and Deicide are straight up satanic propaganda. Keep investigating as you are doing good job. Also Death Metal is kind of what Abysmal Dawn is whereas Venom and Deicide are straight up Black Metal.

BananaLaser

Veteran
No I said Abysmal Dawn was perhaps trying to warn people of impending doom. Venom and Deicide are straight up satanic propaganda. Keep investigating as you are doing good job. Also Death Metal is kind of what Abysmal Dawn is whereas Venom and Deicide are straight up Black Metal.
Thank you for clarifying. What is the difference between "Death Metal" and "Black Metal"? I thought they both meant the same thing.

Thank you for clarifying. What is the difference between "Death Metal" and "Black Metal"? I thought they both meant the same thing.
Black Metal is totally satanic whereas Death Metal can be just viewpoints but not necessarily satanic but warnings of impending doom. I think there might even be a Doom Metal classification. It's a fine line and sometimes might criss cross even. I think Wikipedia explains the difference between the genres but they can't always be trusted.

BananaLaser

Veteran
Here is the cover art for Ellie Goulding's 5th studio album titled "Higher Than Heaven", which will get released on April 7th. I'm not sure what the symbolism is on this album cover, but I'm sure that there is some, considering the album is titled "Higher Than Heaven", which sounds like a mockery of heaven to me. What symbols do y'all notice on it?

1680563425441.png

Some of the song titles themselves are also symbolic. These song titles include:

1. Midnight Dreams
2. By the End of the Night
3. Like a Saviour
4. Higher Than Heaven (also the album name)

Last edited:
How did you find out about these bands? Sure, I'll investigate deeper into Black Metal. There's just a crazy amount of degenerate symbolism in the Black Metal genre, that I think my brain might explode trying to analyze it all lol.
Back a looooong long time ago i used to listen to this kind of stuff. I'm talking jr high and high school to early 20s (i'm mid-late 30s now)

I agree that it is blatantly satanic, and i would not waste any time trying to analyze it. In my personal opinion the more mainstream stuff has a wider audience and is probably worth analyzing more.

That said, here are some of my random thoughts about this stuff.

- since becoming a Christian I've noticed from memory that some of these black/death (im just lumping it together for simplicity) metal bands use actual scriptural references in their song lyrics or titles. So they (or whoever writes their songs for them) seem to have some knowledge of scripture, but they reject it.

- something that puzzles me: so we know that most (all?) entertainment industry people make a deal to "join the club", but the part that doesn't make sense to me is why these type of artists that are blatantly satanic get the short end of the stick in a way, while artists that are less overt about it get much more money and fame. I'm sure there's an answer, but i don't know it...

- if i remember correctly, some of the black metal musicians were implicated in actual murders and church burnings and stuff like that.

- i still remember last time i listened to this kind of music. It was a band called cryptopsy, and the first song on this album was an intro on an acoustic guitar that sounded beautiful, nothing like the rest of the album. Anyway, i was driving to school and it was maybe a 4 mile drive, and on the way there i saw several car accidents, which was definitely out of the ordinary. Probably coincidence but it freaked me out!

BananaLaser

Veteran
Back a looooong long time ago i used to listen to this kind of stuff. I'm talking jr high and high school to early 20s (i'm mid-late 30s now)

I agree that it is blatantly satanic, and i would not waste any time trying to analyze it. In my personal opinion the more mainstream stuff has a wider audience and is probably worth analyzing more.

That said, here are some of my random thoughts about this stuff.

- since becoming a Christian I've noticed from memory that some of these black/death (im just lumping it together for simplicity) metal bands use actual scriptural references in their song lyrics or titles. So they (or whoever writes their songs for them) seem to have some knowledge of scripture, but they reject it.

- something that puzzles me: so we know that most (all?) entertainment industry people make a deal to "join the club", but the part that doesn't make sense to me is why these type of artists that are blatantly satanic get the short end of the stick in a way, while artists that are less overt about it get much more money and fame. I'm sure there's an answer, but i don't know it...

- if i remember correctly, some of the black metal musicians were implicated in actual murders and church burnings and stuff like that.

- i still remember last time i listened to this kind of music. It was a band called cryptopsy, and the first song on this album was an intro on an acoustic guitar that sounded beautiful, nothing like the rest of the album. Anyway, i was driving to school and it was maybe a 4 mile drive, and on the way there i saw several car accidents, which was definitely out of the ordinary. Probably coincidence but it freaked me out!
I believe that the people associated with creating black/death metal music choose to educate themselves on scripture, in order to know how to sing the inverse about the message, behind the scripture verse.

I can see how that's confusing. I think the reason why black/death metal music isn't the most popular genre of music, even though it's satanic and that's what the music industry is all about, is because the music industry wants to slowly desensitize people into what is satanic. If people saw satanic music being promoted out in the open, they would generally be outraged, so the music industry cryptically infuses mainstream music with subliminal messaging/imagery, to eventually bring people to what is plain satanic.

Regarding that story about you driving to school, witnessing several car accidents, while listening to the black/death metal music. I think that may have been a sign from God, warning you to stop listening to that kind of music.

I can see how that's confusing. I think the reason why black/death metal music isn't the most popular genre of music, even though it's satanic and that's what the music industry is all about, is because the music industry wants to slowly desensitize people into what is satanic. If people saw satanic music being promoted out in the open, they would generally be outraged, so the music industry cryptically infuses mainstream music with subliminal messaging/imagery, to eventually bring people to what is plain satanic.
I agree about the desensitizing and how that's been part of the slow agenda. Even the mainstream stuff has gotten more blatant in recent times. And occasionally in public I'll see otherwise clean cut teens wearing band shirts for some of these more obscure bands or other satanic symbolism.

I guess i was thinking more from the perspective of the music artists, how being in a obviously satanic band might give them a upper middle class lifestyle (often at the cost of bodily injuries - all that head banging and growling and screaming messes up the body), while those who sold themselves to be pop stars become multimillionares with a larger sphere of influence. I guess i was just pondering on why different people have a different "price" when selling themselves. (A possible theory is that those that get chosen for pop star/mainstream status are related to someone in the elite families, which those that sell themselves for less are outsiders or regular people who are willing to do anything for fame or money)

I believe that the people associated with creating black/death metal music choose to educate themselves on scripture, in order to know how to sing the inverse about the message, behind the scripture verse.
I agree, that seems likely.

Regarding that story about you driving to school, witnessing several car accidents, while listening to the black/death metal music. I think that may have been a sign from God, warning you to stop listening to that kind of music.
I think so too. It definitely worked.

BananaLaser

Veteran
I'm aware that VC has already posted this album cover on Symbolic Pic's of the Month, but it's so fitting for this thread, that I'm going to mention it on here. On the cover art for Katy Perry's album titled "Witness", she covers both of her eyes, and has an eyeball in her mouth. So there is an obvious one eye sign being created, but I also think that her actual eyes being covered, and that eye in her mouth being the only one shown, is supposed to represent how everything she sees, is supposed to be from the perspective of her handlers, since she is of course an industry puppet.
1681436581200.png

BananaLaser

Veteran
Here is the cover art for Ellie Goulding's 5th studio album titled "Higher Than Heaven", which will get released on April 7th. I'm not sure what the symbolism is on this album cover, but I'm sure that there is some, considering the album is titled "Higher Than Heaven", and that title seems like a mockery of heaven. What symbols do y'all notice on it?

View attachment 85784

Some of the song titles themselves are also symbolic. These song titles include:

1. Midnight Dreams
2. By the End of the Night
3. Like a Saviour
4. Higher Than Heaven (also the album name)
This might be a little reaching, but do y'all think she's doing the "as above so below" sign?

BananaLaser

Veteran
This is the cover art for Caroline Polachek's latest album titled "Desire, I Want to Turn Into You". I found four occult symbols on it, and there may be more occult symbols on it that I didn't catch sight of.

1. What is circled in blue is the “Crude Drawing of an Angel”, that track 5 is titled. The elite enjoy mixing what is sacred and holy, with what is sexual.
  2. What is circled in red is a one eye sign A.K.A the eye of Horus.
  3. What is circled in green is a sign that says “VERA PIZZA”. If you know what the pizza symbol means then great, but if you don’t then I would suggest doing some research on it. I would rather not discuss something overly sensitive, such as the meaning of the pizza symbol on VC Forums.
  4. What is circled in yellow is a jacket with the colors black and white, which represent duality.

DD0C7B1F-8481-4FA7-8219-AACF9DB501A7_1_201_a.jpeg