Symbolic Album Covers

BananaLaser

Veteran
View attachment 86826
The Coup - Party Music.

The original cover of the album, created in June 2001 depicted Boots Riley and Pam the Funkstress destroying the twin towers of the World Trade Center using what appeared to be a detonator. The apparent detonator was actually an electronic tuner. The album was originally scheduled for release in September of that year, but after the September 11 attacks, the band decided to postpone the album’s release until November, so they could create new cover art.

In a 2001 interview with Seattle newspaper The Stranger, Boots Riley spoke about his fight to keep the album cover following the events of September 11:
Why would Boots Riley openly speak about his desire to have the original cover, wouldn't he know that that would get him into serious trouble?

Jesus loves you

Established
What about Lay Zhang’s “Sheep” album cover? The guy is born as a sheep from the zodiac sign. He claimed that’s why he named the song, “Sheep”.
He had done a few one-eye in magazine covers/online.

In his “Namanana” album, he had tarot card for his fans with pictures of him in the tarot card representing the devil and other tarot card covers.

I saw in one of his video where he packed a crystal ball in his backpack for “Back to Field”. It was very strange and when I connected all the dots, I understood.

The guy is very creative, but crafty.

Recently, just a few days ago, he uploaded on his Instagram and Twitter public account (posted fans only on Weibo): three segmented pictures:
One pic had him have his back towards the camera (front towards the wall) with his left hand in a “five” position (showing the back of his hand).
Second pic had him also with his back towards the camera with a peace sign (#2 sign) with a shadow of someone taking his pic.
Third pic showed him giving an one-eye signal; the “0” sign.

He claimed he was making a 520 sign, meaning “I love you in Chinese”. I don’t believe it!