Superstitions

ishigo

Established
"Sleeping on your back will bring nightmares" I always have nightmares when I sleep on my back.

Thunderian

Superstar
Superstitions are according to my path from the handiwork of shaitan.
What would you call spitting over the left side of the bed to ward off bad dreams?

Sahih al-Bukhari Book 87 Hadith 115

Narrated Abu Qatada: The Prophet said, "A good dream that comes true is from Allah, and a bad dream is from Satan, so if anyone of you sees a bad dream, he should seek refuge with Allah from Satan and should spit on the left, for the bad dream will not harm him."

Bellz

Rookie
i've heard about this, but the bird must be a raven or crow I think.

there are a lot of birds here in my place, and it is common for birds like cockatoos (just way too manyy), rainbow lorikeets, etc to come to our balcony asking for foods, some cockatoos even tried to get into my house many times........ for the foods!!

pretty sure they're coming for the foods! Those birds!

About the dream catcher, it is intended to manipulate the spirit world. It is like a talisman or charm. Idk what is your belief, but for Christians, it is a big no.
Sage does nothing, it is just calling for more imo. The reason u had bad luck not cuz of sage, its cuz the demons want u to depend on it and idolize it. Smudging is new age practice. The devils won't flee with smoldering sage, they only flee in the name of Jesus.
Proverbs 18:10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
The most effective weapons we have against the devil are our faith, wisdom, and knowledge about God and His Word.

I understand about your daughter, sometimes when we sleep things could happen, it happened to me too, but trust in the Lord to keep us safe.

----

Growing up in Chinese family, I had plenty of superstitions lol! There are some I used to believe from friends influence rather than family and some I unconsciously followed it back then,

1. Don't clip your nails at night (or after 6 pm), this is like cutting your lifetime or something like that lol. But my family do this a lot, and it used to make me, "oof! why they do this?!" but now it doesnt matter lol. The real superstition about clipping our nails at night is "If you clip your nails at night, it will turns into firefly".

2. Do not open umbrella inside the house, this is like bad luck or inviting demons. But I do this many times to check if my umbrella is still intact or not lol xD! The real one is "If you are using an umbrella indoor then your mother will die".

3. Do not sit on a chair right after it was sat by a woman who is in their period. Cuz if you do, you will get period soon. Doesn't make sense right?! I used to believe this back then in my middle school days, my friends too!

4. You cant take picture if there are only three of you or else the one in the middle will die. It was supposed to be a soon-ish effect. This is the most famous one. So many horror movies and stories about this. I used to kinda believe this, but in high school, me and 2 of my best friends had a studio photoshoot and I was the one in the middle. I'm still alive years and years after, and it doesnt even matter if I'm the one who die first one day, it's not cuz of that but cuz God says it is my time.

5. Do not whistle at night. You are inviting demons.

6. During Chinese new year and a day after (if im not wrong), do not sweep the floor. It will sweep away the luck.

7. After chinese new year, do not cut your hair. It will shorten your life (?) or luck.

8. If you talk or mention something bad and you don't want it to happen to you, knock on wood 3 times. I used to do this a lot lol! "Where is wood?! Is this made of wood?"

And many more but now I'm looking back at this, everything shouldn't have mattered and we don't need to believe in this.

We should get our faith not from objects or rituals of man-made origin, but from the one true God who gives eternal life.

Colossians 2:8-10 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ. For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority.

Cheers.
i've heard about this, but the bird must be a raven or crow I think.

there are a lot of birds here in my place, and it is common for birds like cockatoos (just way too manyy), rainbow lorikeets, etc to come to our balcony asking for foods, some cockatoos even tried to get into my house many times........ for the foods!!

pretty sure they're coming for the foods! Those birds!

About the dream catcher, it is intended to manipulate the spirit world. It is like a talisman or charm. Idk what is your belief, but for Christians, it is a big no.
Sage does nothing, it is just calling for more imo. The reason u had bad luck not cuz of sage, its cuz the demons want u to depend on it and idolize it. Smudging is new age practice. The devils won't flee with smoldering sage, they only flee in the name of Jesus.
Proverbs 18:10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
The most effective weapons we have against the devil are our faith, wisdom, and knowledge about God and His Word.

I understand about your daughter, sometimes when we sleep things could happen, it happened to me too, but trust in the Lord to keep us safe.

----

Growing up in Chinese family, I had plenty of superstitions lol! There are some I used to believe from friends influence rather than family and some I unconsciously followed it back then,

1. Don't clip your nails at night (or after 6 pm), this is like cutting your lifetime or something like that lol. But my family do this a lot, and it used to make me, "oof! why they do this?!" but now it doesnt matter lol. The real superstition about clipping our nails at night is "If you clip your nails at night, it will turns into firefly".

2. Do not open umbrella inside the house, this is like bad luck or inviting demons. But I do this many times to check if my umbrella is still intact or not lol xD! The real one is "If you are using an umbrella indoor then your mother will die".

3. Do not sit on a chair right after it was sat by a woman who is in their period. Cuz if you do, you will get period soon. Doesn't make sense right?! I used to believe this back then in my middle school days, my friends too!

4. You cant take picture if there are only three of you or else the one in the middle will die. It was supposed to be a soon-ish effect. This is the most famous one. So many horror movies and stories about this. I used to kinda believe this, but in high school, me and 2 of my best friends had a studio photoshoot and I was the one in the middle. I'm still alive years and years after, and it doesnt even matter if I'm the one who die first one day, it's not cuz of that but cuz God says it is my time.

5. Do not whistle at night. You are inviting demons.

6. During Chinese new year and a day after (if im not wrong), do not sweep the floor. It will sweep away the luck.

7. After chinese new year, do not cut your hair. It will shorten your life (?) or luck.

8. If you talk or mention something bad and you don't want it to happen to you, knock on wood 3 times. I used to do this a lot lol! "Where is wood?! Is this made of wood?"

And many more but now I'm looking back at this, everything shouldn't have mattered and we don't need to believe in this.

We should get our faith not from objects or rituals of man-made origin, but from the one true God who gives eternal life.

Colossians 2:8-10 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ. For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority.

Cheers.
When there is no wood nearby I knock on my head three time...lol

Bellz

Rookie
When I spill salt I always sprinkle some over my left shoulder, "into the eye of the devil"

DUSTY

Established
- Never kill a cricket. They are good luck. Kill 'em and you'll have bad luck.
- Never open an umbrella in the house. It's bad luck. (and yes ... I've had it happen)
- Do not whistle in the dark. It attracts ghosts.
- An owl hooting sitting by a bedroom window and hooting means a death in the family.
- Spread blessed salt across doorways and windowsills and that'll keep the spooks out of the house.
- NEVER place a mirror on an outside wall in the home. It's a portal for ghosts.
- And always drape something over the mirror like a string or lace, so ghosts can't pass through into the house.

Those da*n superstitions have caused nothing but trouble to me. Actually believing those brings bad luck, and that's not a superstition.