supernatural

I dont know if anyone else watched the show but the season final was this year.

What got me is how god in the first 5 seasons was a hapless little guy, later reviewed in the seaosn 5 final, later seasons though, god becomes evil, culminating in the final season, where dean and sam the protagonists end up having to fight him.

But thats not all in an earlier season satan impregnates a woman, she gives birth the child grows rather rapidly into an adult, but in the final season satans child becomes the saviour, destroys gods power and becomes the new god.

Im not religious but watching the final seasons of this show it really struck me how they were pushing god is evil and must be detroyed, the show has always had occultism in it, but this really stood out.

supernaturals god character history

Character history of satans child

1608603322233.png
an image of supernaturals god
1608603417781.png

Daze

Superstar
Never heard of this show, to be honest i don't watch tv at all. But I'm not really surprised how they paint "god" to be helpless, then turn evil. It matches up with alot of satanic religion beliefs. As above, so below and all that garbage.

Interesting how their "god" is one eyed. From an Islamic standpoint a man with 1 eye will appear claiming to be a prophet, eventually claiming to be god himself. We might actually see him in this life time. Let's see how they play out these next few years. The prophecy states 3 years of famine before he appears. While here in America the scam-demic has put millions in the lines for food banks.

Screenshot_2020-12-21 Hadith - Book of Oneness, Uniqueness of Allah (Tawheed) - Sahih al-Bukha...png

Crazy how 1 eye is every where today when no one noticed it only 20 years ago. Lord knows i didn't.

Aero

Superstar
I dated a girl who was obsessed with the show. Shocking nobody.

She had issues, but don't we all?

Aero

Superstar
i found the show interesting in the first 5 seasons then it got really stupid, i only watched it to see how they would end the show and then noticed all the god stuff
Yeah, I'd rather watch old episodes of "Fringe" or "The X-Files". At least those shows aren't totally detached from reality. Although those shows make similar mistakes as Supernatural.

It's probably fair to call it a common problem in storytelling. Where the heroes mostly have some "special" background. They were chosen by the cultists or chosen by God, or they were given a special drug. It's all a bunch of hogwash, or in more specific terms, it's textbook psychological projection.

Real heroes aren't given power without merit. And being born special doesn't cut it in the real world. Now maybe it's an unintended consequence of human imagination. Or maybe people are being duped into living through these shadow archetypes. Like how else do you explain how we as a whole civilization accomplish so little but act so mighty?

Tidal

Star
Satan is the biggest creep in town.
Jesus said "Satan has bound this crippled woman for eighteen years" (Luke 13:16)
then he cured her..:)

Yeah, I'd rather watch old episodes of "Fringe" or "The X-Files". At least those shows aren't totally detached from reality. Although those shows make similar mistakes as Supernatural.

It's probably fair to call it a common problem in storytelling. Where the heroes mostly have some "special" background. They were chosen by the cultists or chosen by God, or they were given a special drug. It's all a bunch of hogwash, or in more specific terms, it's textbook psychological projection.

Real heroes aren't given power without merit. And being born special doesn't cut it in the real world. Now maybe it's an unintended consequence of human imagination. Or maybe people are being duped into living through these shadow archetypes. Like how else do you explain how we as a whole civilization accomplish so little but act so mighty?
The first seasons were great, the brothers were just average guys who had to learn to hunt monsters. Then they added angels, then suddenly they were a special blood line, elite and all that.

X files is a great show, cheesy in places but watchable. I might have to get the box set out I think

Aero

Superstar
The first seasons were great, the brothers were just average guys who had to learn to hunt monsters. Then they added angels, then suddenly they were a special blood line, elite and all that.

X files is a great show, cheesy in places but watchable. I might have to get the box set out I think
They are all super cheesy. And for X-Files, I think they overplayed the trauma over Fox Moulder's sister's abduction. Television and stories, in general, are way better when the characters aren't chasing shadows around.

My own sister has been telling the same story for years. The way she tells it is I pushed her down a flight of stairs when we were children. The reality is I probably tapped her, and she dove into some stairs to milk the attention. However, I grew up in a pretty violent environment.

Apparently, my brother knocked out my baby teeth, and I cried like a little girl or something. I'll never live that down, and just in case it isn't obvious, I am still pissed off. That wasn't "me." It was some shadow archetype I was trying to emulate. In fact, the only time I really feel like myself is when I'm going balls to the wall.

They are all super cheesy. And for X-Files, I think they overplayed the trauma over Fox Moulder's sister's abduction. Television and stories, in general, are way better when the characters aren't chasing shadows around.

My own sister has been telling the same story for years. The way she tells it is I pushed her down a flight of stairs when we were children. The reality is I probably tapped her, and she dove into some stairs to milk the attention. However, I grew up in a pretty violent environment.

Apparently, my brother knocked out my baby teeth, and I cried like a little girl or something. I'll never live that down, and just in case it isn't obvious, I am still pissed off. That wasn't "me." It was some shadow archetype I was trying to emulate. In fact, the only time I really feel like myself is when I'm going balls to the wall.
The Mulder's sister story was so weird and a bit hard to follow. First she's abducted by aliens, then her father's involved, then she's a clone, then she's an adult but it's not her, then she's a ghost. But the show is fun and does touch on some real issues

From a narrative perspective, the show fell apart at after season five... Since it was originally planned to end there. I mean, the Supernatural universe was set up in a way that all stories were true, but the Judeo-Christian "pantheon" (for a lack of a better term) ruled over all other mythos... Well, when you beat the Devil, how are you going to up the stakes higher?