Suicide & Euthanasia

justjess

Superstar

Lisa

Superstar
It’s not been taken down, look down and it will link it.

justjess

Superstar
You have articles in 2016 claiming the same story and articles dated today claiming the same person died this past weekend... which is it? Makes the whole story seem highly unlikely.

Lisa

Superstar
You have articles in 2016 claiming the same story and articles dated today claiming the same person died this past weekend... which is it? Makes the whole story seem highly unlikely.
The article says she died last Sunday.

Lurker

Star
A webmaster can select the date that appears.

Allegra

Veteran
Since you ask what practitioner of religion say about this issue then I will say my belief in this.

I also hope Christians will consider this before committing such sinful action.

So while there is nothing in the bible about where people die when they suicide, we get the idea that killing ourselves meaning we commit murder. There will be consequences in that action in front of God’s judgement. We will be held accountable.

God doesn't have to dictate everything, we are not supposed to eat spiritual baby food forever. Our faith must grow mature but we stay meek in front of God, just like how Jesus Himself was meek.

There are people who committed suicide in the bible, none of them are God's people. I mean, one of em is Judas, you know.

Now, there are plenty of God's people, famous prophets, that dealt with great pain, troubles, and sorrow. None of them suicide.

In Jonah 4:8 Jonah said it's better for me to die than to live. (which later he was rebuked by God for saying such thing)
In 2 Corinthians 1:8 Paul the apostle says "...that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life". In ESV it was "beyond our strength."
In Ecclesiastes 2:17 Solomon, he said he hated life but later on in Ecclesiastes 12:13 he spoke what matters the most.
In 1 Kings 19:4 In the wilderness Elijah was so depressed he asked God just pls God, take my life.
Also read Job 2:9-10 what Job's wife said to him, “'Do you still hold fast your integrity? Curse God and die!' But he said to her, 'You speak as one of the foolish women speaks. Shall we indeed accept good from God and not accept adversity?' In all this Job did not sin with his lips,”
Imagine if there was someone like Job in our modern days, if he committed suicide people would justify it that it was too much for a man to live in that kind of situation. But Job didn't, and God, I'm pretty sure also did not want that. God wants our faith in Him and He is glorified in our faithfulness.

Life is about struggles, it is what it is. These prophets experienced painful things that beyond what we could ever think of.
In the next verse Paul says this:
2 Corinthias 1:9 "But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead"

I know the future of me will face a lot of troubles and even serious health problems but God gives and God takes, we live to glorify Him and bible is full of hope, peacefulness, joy, and promises.

Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

About Euthanasia, the same as suicide. When the time comes, we will go naturally.
If our loved one, in a terminal illness, great pain and there is nothing can help them anymore, give them comfort and stay with them until death naturally takes its course as I believe it is God's time to take them back. So we don't take the matter life and death into our own hands.

Vixy

Star
I'm sorry for the pain you go through..there really isn’t anything that is good in your life?

Edit: typo
Yeah theres plenty: a nice apartment (although the crazy neighbour so cant relax)...I look decent..My finances are in order sonot much debt but not rich either, quite poor actually but could be alot worse and so on. But I have depression due to organ malfunction. I long for death like you wouldnt believe but bc of my believe, I cant off myself. That and bc I really really SUCK at it.

Lisa

Superstar
Yeah theres plenty: a nice apartment (although the crazy neighbour so cant relax)...I look decent..My finances are in order sonot much debt but not rich either, quite poor actually but could be alot worse and so on. But I have depression due to organ malfunction. I long for death like you wouldnt believe but bc of my believe, I cant off myself. That and bc I really really SUCK at it.
I’m glad you have good things in your life but even happier that you see the good things. :)

I also think that death isn’t the answer to your problems and maybe you realize that too since you haven’t been able to take your own life in the past? We may wish for death as we may come to see that as a way out, but then I think that God would rather we see Him as the way out and trust in Him to help us.

justjess

Superstar
Dozens of English-language news sites, including the Washington Post, the Daily Beast, the Daily Caller, Newsweek and The Sun falsely reported that a 17-year-old girl from the Netherlands was legally allowed to die by euthanasia. Most of these outlets are reporting the same basic story: that Noa Pothoven, who was a survivor of both r*pe and molestation and struggled with deep psychological trauma, was allowed to access end-of-life care and died at home last week. The story is not true, according to a journalist who has been covering her case for years, but that hasn’t stopped it from spreading at lightning-speeds in the United States, especially across anti-abortion and conservative news sites that oppose assisted suicide.
https://jezebel.com/dozens-of-english-language-news-sites-are-misreporting-1835267919?utm_medium=socialflow&utm_campaign=socialflow_jezebel_facebook&utm_source=jezebel_facebook

Told ya..

Awoken2

Superstar
@Lisa Tell me, does Thiunderbot do the morning shift then you do the afternoon shift?.....I smell a sock!

justjess

Superstar
Told me what? That was the news story yesterday..today it looks like they have begun to say they don’t know how she died.
Seriously Lisa? I told you it wasn’t true, that I couldn’t find a verifiable source. Today it comes out that it wasn’t true and the sources weren’t verified.

If you read the article it tells you how she died. She refused food and water and refused being intubated (to force food and water on her) by the drs so she died. She starved herself to death. No help necessary.

Lisa

Superstar
Seriously Lisa? I told you it wasn’t true, that I couldn’t find a verifiable source. Today it comes out that it wasn’t true and the sources weren’t verified.

If you read the article it tells you how she died. She refused food and water and refused being incubated by the drs so she died. She starved herself to death. No help necessary.
Well then you better go here..
https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/netherlands-17-year-old-r-pe-victim-legally-euthanized.5798/
And tell her the same thing.

Some of the articles I scanned still didn’t know how she died...

Plus the other person you were trying to say they were talking about was a 20 year old...so you didn’t get it exactly right yourself the first time. :rolleyes:

justjess

Superstar
Mistakes happen. Funny how incredibly similar the two stories were. And the main mistake on my end was assuming the news was reporting on something at least tangentially verifiable. The Dutch acknowledged a 17 year old died of euthanasia in 2016, due to muscular dystrophy.

I have no problem posting in the other thread as well but just so your aware I only saw it in this one because it was a thread I already followed in the past. Not because it was YOU posting it. I don’t look at new posts much, just my notifications.