Suggestion

Maes17

Superstar
Alright @VigilantCitizen
I have no problem with the forum as is. Trolls, bots etc are scattered throughout many websites not just here. Just the territory of forums.

Just a suggestion only because I notice some more of the more informative posters here prefer threads being ran a certain way. Would you consider adding moderators?

Would that require us having to be paying members or something. Just a suggestion to keep everyone happy and they can weed out the trolls/bots whatever as necessary

Tidal

Star
Would you consider adding moderators?
Would that require us having to be paying members or something. Just a suggestion to keep everyone happy and they can weed out the trolls/bots whatever as necessary

At the moment VC has got a good reputation as a "free speech" forum, but if bossy control-freak mods are introduced that reputation will fly out the window..;)-

justjess

Superstar
Alright @VigilantCitizen
I have no problem with the forum as is. Trolls, bots etc are scattered throughout many websites not just here. Just the territory of forums.

Just a suggestion only because I notice some more of the more informative posters here prefer threads being ran a certain way. Would you consider adding moderators?

There was infinitely MORE drama when there were moderators. Just saying.

Daze

Superstar
At the risk of agreeing with Tidal I vote for no mods. The forums are better without them. We are all adults here for the most part.

If you could find unbiased mods then no problem, but we know they don't exist as everyone has a bias.

Maes17

Superstar
At the moment VC has got a good reputation as a "free speech" forum, but if bossy control-freak mods are introduced that reputation will fly out the window..;)-

He gets it

Tidal

Star
BTW I've seen many potentially good forums ruined by krap mods, I suppose they saw ads like this one and felt they were ideally qualified to give it a go-

Stucky

Star
Just hit trolls with 'fruits and various meats'

And for anything a little more serious, just do a Daze and threaten people with a conspiracy to have them banned.

Maes17

Superstar
Just hit trolls with 'fruits and various meats'

And for anything a little more serious, just do a Daze and threaten people with a conspiracy to have them banned.
You speak my language

The public has spoken, no mods

Tidal

Star
Incidentally I recently posted my "How to legally refuse the Covid vax" picture in a political discussion forum but they refused to allow it, saying it encouraged people not to get vaxed, so I logged out for good and walked..:)
(I'd only joined that forum the day before, so it must rank as my shortest stay ever at any forum)

Of course, I've posted it at VC in the past, there are no control-freak mods here.
Here it is again for good measure-

Maes17

Superstar
Incidentally I recently posted my "How to legally refuse the Covid vax" picture in a political discussion forum but they refused to allow it, saying it encouraged people not to get vaxed, so I logged out for good and walked..:)
(I'd only joined that forum the day before, so it must rank as my shortest stay ever at any forum)

Of course, I've posted it at VC in the past, there are no control-freak mods here.
Here it is again for good measure-

Good job Mick

has

Rookie
There should be a :rolleyes: reaction emoji
because some posts just....make you roll your eyes lol