Sugar addiction

billy t

Veteran
This sounds like a big problem with refined processed sugar to me: The body breaks down refined sugar rapidly, causing insulin and blood sugar levels to skyrocket. Because refined sugar is digested quickly, you don't feel full after you're done eating, no matter how many calories you consumed.

Sugars not processed "refined" take longer to break down and are more of a benefit to the body then the refined that spikes your blood sugar levels.
That is true. I am not disagreeing that table sugar is bad in large amounts. The point that I am making is that sugar is bad in excessive amounts regardless of where it came from.

There are some muesli bars (which are a terrible food) and breakfast cereals (which are also horrible) that have fiber and also a lot of sugar. They will not spike blood sugar as much due to the fiber despite the fact that they contain table sugar. Sugary drinks? Sweets? Yeah, that is a different story. Large blood sugar spikes will happen from EXCESSIVE amounts of sugar.

There is no reason to consume table sugar whatsoever but yeah I hope you get the point I am trying to make here.

I will give another example of what I am getting at. I know people who cut sugar out of their diet. Now they cut soda, sweets, chocolate etc, etc. Now, they also liked to add sugar to their coffee. They drink like 2 coffees a day and have 1 teaspoon of sugar in each coffee. They looked for alternative sweeteners instead. Now, lets think here. If you are not consuming sugar in any foods and only have 2 teaspoons over the course of a day in your coffee is it really worth worrying over??!! This is my point. This person obviously doesn't understand why sugar is bad and have came to this sort of understanding that because it is processed/unnatural that any tiny bit of sugar is going to send him on an insulin roller coaster or make his brain explode.

Also some people avoid sugar yet have no problem with drinking fruit juice. I am just trying to highlight some of the nuances of it man. That is all.

In a nutshell.

1) Table sugar is bad. It should be avoided due to the harms of excessive fructose and its effect on the liver NOT because it is processed.
2) If you are going to consume fructose get it from fruit or honey but limit it to like 50grams a day. Larger amounts are fine in summer. Fruit grows in summer for a REASON.
3) Tiny amounts of table sugar like that which is found in 85-90 percent dark chocolate are fine and not worth worrying about.

Last edited:

Maldarker

Star
That is true. I am not disagreeing that table sugar is bad in large amounts. The point that I am making is that sugar is bad in excessive amounts regardless of where it came from.

There are some muesli bars (which are a terrible food) and breakfast cereals (which are also horrible) that have fiber and also a lot of sugar. They will not spike blood sugar as much due to the fiber despite the fact that they contain table sugar. Sugary drinks? Sweets? Yeah, that is a different story. Large blood sugar spikes will happen from EXCESSIVE amounts of sugar.

There is no reason to consume table sugar whatsoever but yeah I hope you get the point I am trying to make here.

I will give another example of what I am getting at. I know people who cut sugar out of their diet. Now they cut soda, sweets, chocolate etc, etc. Now, they also liked to add sugar to their coffee. They drink like 2 coffees a day and have 1 teaspoon of sugar in each coffee. They looked for alternative sweeteners instead. Now, lets think here. If you are not consuming sugar in any foods and only have 2 teaspoons over the course of a day in your coffee is it really worth worrying over??!! This is my point. This person obviously doesn't understand why sugar is bad and have came to this sort of understanding that because it is processed/unnatural that any tiny bit of sugar is going to send him on an insulin roller coaster or make his brain explode.

Also some people avoid sugar yet have no problem with drinking fruit juice. I am just trying to highlight some of the nuances of it man. That is all.

In a nutshell.

1) Table sugar is bad. It should be avoided due to the harms of excessive fructose and its effect on the liver NOT because it is processed.
2) If you are going to consume fructose get it from fruit or honey but limit it to like 50grams a day. Larger amounts are fine in summer. Fruit grows in summer for a REASON.
3) Tiny amounts of table sugar like that which is found in 85-90 percent dark chocolate are fine and not worth worrying about.
I think we are on the same page bro lol! I'm fighting cancer so staying away from processed stuff no more chemistry manipulated shit or if i try to keep it low amounts. That's y i have to speak out about how "they" are killing us in the food.