Substantiating One's Beliefs Vs. Discrediting

Scimitar

Established
Perfect example of truth, which you cannot stomach!

The discrediting is a test to see if your faith is justified,

seems it isn't so far, if all you have is weak appeals to emotion.

Come on, bring me the Spiritual Epistemology of your faith which works wonders for the "unsaved" and I will eat my hat :D

Scimi

Scimitar

Established
Nah, I just tell it like it is.

Men who act like women should wear dresses :D

You wanna wear a thowb??? Or are you happy as a woman?

Or are you just pissed that I put you in your place as a compromised Muslim who doesn't care to pray in public and sides with the Christian BS of "imitating the jews" ????

:D
You're so transparent, the layer in photoshop I'm working on is jealous

Scimi

DisenfranchisedDespot

Established
Perfect example of truth, which you cannot stomach!

The discrediting is a test to see if your faith is justified,

seems it isn't so far, if all you have is weak appeals to emotion.

Come on, bring me the Spiritual Epistemology of your faith which works wonders for the "unsaved" and I will eat my hat :D

Scimi
It's a shame you won't volunteer your voluminous ego one might truly end world hunger.

rainerann

Star
What are other threads? Depends if people read those threads and see it.

I don't think some people know the difference of allowing people to have a different view without trying to bully, shun or silence them completely until they agree or shut up about it. Another technique I see is trying to wear their opponents down by repeating themselves over and over again with the same regurgitated information.

Like for example, what I was trying to do in the Kanye thread and on FreeBritney's status was teach her a lesson in hopes if I spun it around and put her in Kanye's place that she would see where I was coming from, but it didn't work and I think everyone can agree it failed badly.

It was wrong for me to attempt, but sometimes you just want people to understand you and we don't always go about it the right way.
I have found that pointing out bullying usually only continues to create fights in the discussion. This becomes very distracting and difficult to read. Some people have poor manners. I am not their mother. It is unfortunate that some people feel that they are entitled to be rude.

However, I have come to the point where I make sure that I have made my point to the best of my ability and then I just walk away after that. If I have made my point sufficiently, then I don't need to continue arguing with someone over it. I also don't need to try to teach them manners because they won't listen to either if they have their mind made up about something.

If something is especially rude, I will report it and explain why. This makes me feel better about moving on without creating a scene in the thread. It takes practice, but it helps.

DisenfranchisedDespot

Established
I have found that pointing out bullying usually only continues to create fights in the discussion. This becomes very distracting and difficult to read. Some people have poor manners. I am not their mother. It is unfortunate that some people feel that they are entitled to be rude.

However, I have come to the point where I make sure that I have made my point to the best of my ability and then I just walk away after that. If I have made my point sufficiently, then I don't need to continue arguing with someone over it. I also don't need to try to teach them manners because they won't listen to either if they have their mind made up about something.

If something is especially rude, I will report it and explain why. This makes me feel better about moving on without creating a scene in the thread. It takes practice, but it helps.
I believe you construe excellent and well researched thoughts and enjoy reading your post.

rainerann

Star
@mecca
He's a prime example for this topic. Now if only we had a psychologist.
I want to let everyone know that the ignore feature on this forum works fantastic. I have tested this over the last couple days. Completely hides what someone has to say. I have seen forums where you can ignore someone and they will still show up in the thread, but the content will be blocked. Not on this VC forum. The speaker is completely absent from the thread. If other people quote that person, their quote doesn't even show up. It is beautiful. I have complete control over what I want to see that person say. I would highly recommend using this feature for peace of mind.

DisenfranchisedDespot

Established
I want to let everyone know that the ignore feature on this forum works fantastic. I have tested this over the last couple days. Completely hides what someone has to say. I have seen forums where you can ignore someone and they will still show up in the thread, but the content will be blocked. Not on this VC forum. The speaker is completely absent from the thread. If other people quote that person, their quote doesn't even show up. It is beautiful. I have complete control over what I want to see that person say. I would highly recommend using this feature for peace of mind.
That is much better than the previous iteration.

mecca

Superstar
I like seeing the words of the people I hate. It reinstills my hatred lol.

Scimitar

Established
I like seeing the words of the people I hate. It reinstills my hatred lol.
So you are not a Muslim then, your heart contains too much hatred and you seek it as well

Islam is submission to Allah in peace - not entertaining hatred.

Well done, lol

Made your parents real proud with that line eh? Slapped their face, boy oh boy.

Jannah is under the feet of your parents.

You dishonour them

Scimi

EDIT: too easy,

Scimitar

Established
I don't really give a monkey Lady :D I'm too far away in real life for her to feel attracted to me :D

Scimi

EDIT, having said that. females have fallen in love with Scimitar on forums before... and the old guard know it too ;)

Scimi