Substantiating One's Beliefs Vs. Discrediting

Tatilina

Star
How are you gonna say Christianity is hateful? I don't think I've said a negative thing about Wicca or Wiccans. I don't even have any particular thing towards Wicca. I don't love it or hate it. I'm pretty neutral and calm towards Wicca. But I'm the hateful one?

I think pretty much all the religions (except fake religions like Satanism, as I've said) come from God. I like Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, etc. Wiccans cannot be better than the fundamentalists they denounce if they themselves are their own brand of fundamentalists who act like Christianity and Islam are cults rather than diverse belief systems of billions of people and which have thousands of years of history. Yes, religious people have done certain bad things but to act as though this is the totality of religious history and to ignore things like Mother Theresa helping the poor (I understand she wasn't perfect but I think most would argue she did more good than bad), Reverend Martin Luther-King fighting for the rights of African-Americans, Ignacio Martin-Baro who gave his life fighting for the poor of El Salvador, Monsignor Oscar Romero who gave his life fighting for the people of El Salvador and other religious people who did great things is prejudiced. To act like Christian is totally bad and that's all there is to it is biased and unbalanced. It doesn't take into account the larger, more objective picture.

Plus you have to remember that there is a difference between the teachings and the people. People are innately going to corrupt whatever teaching they follow, it's just the nature of people. If Wiccans were super powerful they might turn around and persecute Christians. I'm not saying all Wiccans are like that or that that would happen but it's certainly possible. When Plutarco Calles took over the Mexican government, he had priests murdered and a lot of Catholics were killed and nuns were raped. This sort of thing has been happening since the beginning of Christianity. Christians might not be perfect but being non-Christian doesn't make someone superior.
I had no clue you are a christian and no I wasn't referring to you, since it never occured to me you were. I'm a Wiccan who stood up for a Christian who adamantly believes I will go to hell. I would do it again. It's not a personal thing, it's never personal. Its the mentality that can develop from having such beliefs. One thing I understand is that people are human beings who can get angry and frustrated with one another which is natural just as long as you don't go to extremes. What is horrible is that some people do things that they know are aggravating or provoking someone to get them upset and usually it works. The worst thing about it is shaming that person after words for getting upset. That's ABUSE!!! That is no better than these MK handlers who do the same thing to their victims. When people do that, you are basically trying to train them to accept being abused and treated badly and not reacting to it which is NORMAL because if you do, then you are an angry person and something is wrong with you.

I try and do my best to have self control and keep my ego/pride dead, its very hard and exhausting.

Tatilina

Star
That sounds like a terrible experience. Some people with partial complex seizures get the feelings of nausea and fear immediately before a seizure starts so that makes sense.
I hope that hasn't happened again?
It was a terrible experience, they kicked me in the head more times than I could keep track of. I've never had seizures before. It happens because I'm a HSP. Sitting in a room full of people drains me of my energy. I sense things that I'd rather not. I no longer put myelf in situations like that anymore. I developed PTSD from it, so I stay home a lot or go to a friends place that I know is safe. No more walks in the woods anymore.

Lady

Star
@Tanya,
We Christians are very aware of our failings and are grateful that we have Jesus as our role model. The beautiful thing is that almost every religion I can think of acknowledges this about Jesus Christ.
Please keep this in mind when you read our posts-we are just as human in our failures and faults as everyone else. We have a connection with Christ, and know we need to be more like Him so, in a very real way we are held to a higher standard of behavior.
There is a verse that sums up what you are saying, I think, and it is an instruction for Christ-followers: "Walk humbly before God and man."

Last edited:

Lady

Star
@KM,
We have sort of talked about that in the beginning posts of this thread. Only a few comments about the abusive and rude behavior have been posted. Mecca and Manama rebuked someone for rudeness a couple of weeks ago and I posted one yesterday. Really we have not had many issues with it until recently. :confused:
It would be good for all here concerned to agree to call people on it.

Tatilina

Star
Has anybody in this thread actually stood up to the bullying or mistreatment they see in other threads? And I dont mean standing up for themselves, but standing up for others.. I cant say I've seen it to be honest.

I dont understand the point of coming to websites with differing views and then getting mad when someone views something differently than you (general "you" not specific). Especially on a conspiracy site of all places. But it is what it is I guess.
What are other threads? Depends if people read those threads and see it.

I don't think some people know the difference of allowing people to have a different view without trying to bully, shun or silence them completely until they agree or shut up about it. Another technique I see is trying to wear their opponents down by repeating themselves over and over again with the same regurgitated information.

Like for example, what I was trying to do in the Kanye thread and on FreeBritney's status was teach her a lesson in hopes if I spun it around and put her in Kanye's place that she would see where I was coming from, but it didn't work and I think everyone can agree it failed badly.

It was wrong for me to attempt, but sometimes you just want people to understand you and we don't always go about it the right way.

Last edited:

Etagloc

Superstar
Has anybody in this thread actually stood up to the bullying or mistreatment they see in other threads? And I dont mean standing up for themselves, but standing up for others.. I cant say I've seen it to be honest.
Why does anyone have a moral obligation to police the internet? It would be like having a moral obligation to try to drink the ocean.

"Abuse, harassment, etc"... this is an anonymous thing. People are rude on the internet. It's messed up but there's no point in trying to change the internet. You only have control over yourself. Fortunately, it's just the internet. It's not that serious.

I had no clue you are a christian and no I wasn't referring to you, since it never occured to me you were. I'm a Wiccan who stood up for a Christian who adamantly believes I will go to hell. I would do it again. It's not a personal thing, it's never personal. Its the mentality that can develop from having such beliefs. One thing I understand is that people are human beings who can get angry and frustrated with one another which is natural just as long as you don't go to extremes. What is horrible is that some people do things that they know are aggravating or provoking someone to get them upset and usually it works. The worst thing about it is shaming that person after words for getting upset. That's ABUSE!!! That is no better than these MK handlers who do the same thing to their victims. When people do that, you are basically trying to train them to accept being abused and treated badly and not reacting to it which is NORMAL because if you do, then you are an angry person and something is wrong with you.

I try and do my best to have self control and keep my ego/pride dead, its very hard and exhausting.
Okay, you're obviously reacting to abuse and I understand that now. Abuse is not okay. You have a right to be free from abuse.

My family has been Catholic for generations and likely for hundreds of years. It was passed down by my grandparents who taught me. I am a Christian and I'm not a Christian. I do believe the Bible is a reflection of the spirit of God and I love Jesus and I do pray to Jesus. I just happen to have other deities I pray to as well... my family has been blending religions for hundreds of years and I don't mind doing so. But I do love Christianity and I think there is such antagonism to God in modern culture that Christians are in danger of becoming persecuted. But things are very different based on your context, ya know? If you're the only Christian in a crowd of atheists, you might get mistreated for being Christian. If you're the only atheist in a crowd of Christians, you might be mistreated. If Christians have power they might misuse it. I myself don't trust Christians lol. But I trust Jesus with all my heart.

Tatilina

Star
@KM,
We have sort of talked about that in the beginning posts of this thread. Only a few comments about the abusive and rude behavior have been posted. Mecca and Manama rebuked someone for rudeness a couple of weeks ago and I posted one yesterday. Really we have not had many issues with it until recently. :confused:
I agree!!!!!

Lady

Star

I don't think some people know the difference of allowing people to have a different view without trying to bully, shun or silence them completely until they agree or shut up about it. Another technique I see is trying to wear their opponents down by repeating themselves over and over again with the same regurgitated information.

Like for example, what I was trying to do in the Kanye thread and on FreeBritney's status was teach her a lesson in hooes if I spun it around and put hee in Kanye's place that she would see where I was coming from, but it didn't work and I think everyone can agree it failed badly.

It was wrong for me to attempt, but sometimes you just want people to understand you and we don't always go about it the right way.
True. We are all learning and hopefully improving. I don't see many of the other threads since I do spend a lot of time in the religious section. It is refreshing to get out and meet others, though!

@KM,
I disagree with bolded but it has picked up more recently. And yea thats all Im saying. If its a problem to some people, call it out as it happens and not wait and let it build to where they feel they have to make a thread. Of course this is just my 2 cents on the subject and people are free to do as they please...

I just think creating a thread with innuendos and no examples/no names, is kinda passive aggressive. A better way would be to confront the person when the person engages in the behavior you want to limit, but again, thats just my two cents... No disrespect intended.

Like for example, what I was trying to do in the Kanye thread and on FreeBritney's status was teach her a lesson in hooes if I spun it around and put hee in Kanye's place that she would see where I was coming from, but it didn't work and I think everyone can agree it failed badly.

I dont remember exactly what you said but I think you said she could be programmed too? If so, I dont see why she would take offense to that (maybe it was the way you said it), but I'd have to go back and look. I think if people came to the forum to share their views, debate, and discuss opposing views it would be very simplistic. Im not sure why there is an "opponent" in that, but I guess thats a semantical argument. If they cant do that, then I'd suggest going to a heavily monitored board where only like minded people who believe similarly to them populate the board. Seems kind of boring to me, but maybe thats because I can take people believing differently than me..

Why does anyone have a moral obligation to police the internet? It would be like having a moral obligation to try to drink the ocean.

"Abuse, harassment, etc"... this is an anonymous thing. People are rude on the internet. It's messed up but there's no point in trying to change the internet. You only have control over yourself. Fortunately, it's just the internet. It's not that serious.
I didnt make the thread though. I do try to keep the convo respectful but its not like Im out in real life thinking about the bad things happening on the VC forum. Which is why I disagree with Tanya when she compares what happens here to p***philia/child abuse or MK Ultra. With that said, I think its a better environment when people can discuss without the bickering/negativity.

Im not going to police the board, but if a convo is interesting me and I see someone ducking the convo for insults, I'd point it out. Otherwise, I'll leave them to duke it out themselves.

mecca

Superstar
I just think creating a thread with innuendos and no examples/no names, is kinda passive aggressive. A better way would be to confront the person when the person engages in the behavior you want to limit, but again, thats just my two cents... No disrespect intended.
Agree.

Tatilina

Star
if you guys will allow me, I found this 3 min. video on my YT feed. It is about the abused and outcast, just like we are talking about. There is One who loves them and seeks them out.
May I be like this.
I don't know why this video has me in tears bawling like a baby but I am. I feel like I'm naked, standing in front of a crowd, like I should put some clothes on myself. What is wrong with me? I never break down like this :(

DisenfranchisedDespot

Established
Lisa tends to make an excellent scapegoat unfortunately.

@KoncreteMind

The intention wasn't to be passive aggressive but there are bad apples in the bunch that purposely poison this section and keep people out.

In the coming weeks they'll probably be called out before they can reform their little groups. Otherwise it's going to be like when riddler was around.

JoChris

Superstar
It was a terrible experience, they kicked me in the head more times than I could keep track of. I've never had seizures before. It happens because I'm a HSP. Sitting in a room full of people drains me of my energy. I sense things that I'd rather not. I no longer put myelf in situations like that anymore. I developed PTSD from it, so I stay home a lot or go to a friends place that I know is safe. No more walks in the woods anymore.
Will you promise me that if you get those symptoms* again out of the blue you'll go to the doctor/ hospital ASAP and explain just what you've typed? If you had some head injury as a result of that abuse you are at much higher risk of developing some types of epilepsy in the future. Much better that it is picked up right away.

They are quite a few varieties, not just the grand mal ones on TV movies.

floss

Star
I don't know why this video has me in tears bawling like a baby but I am. I feel like I'm naked, standing in front of a crowd, like I should put some clothes on myself. What is wrong with me? I never break down like this :(
I felt the same way as you before when God touched my heart. Broke down crying like a little baby that never get to enjoy crying so much. Sometime we just need some love from our creator.

This was the video that brought me to tears like what you just experiences. God is real.

Scimitar

Established
wait, more appeals to emotion?

Pathetic lol

Dude, wear a dress, it will suit you :D

Scimi