Substantiating One's Beliefs Vs. Discrediting

DisenfranchisedDespot

Established
I've been here for awhile and without fail this has always been the most tumultuous section of the forums.

Something piqued my interest after reading some of @Loki post and @Tanya . What had occurred and I had found off was that during even the most tame conversations outburst seem to occur(I may be guilty) in which two parties go beyond defending ideologies to attempting to desecrate and massacre the others beliefs.

I believe there are those who genuinely want to and do not cause harm but others create contention as if the invalidation of their opponents belief system creates validation of theirs.

I honestly wonder why? What need is there to invalidate another's belief system? How does that help anyone but the ego? I'm not rubbed the wrong way when someone disagrees but there is, in my opinion, something inherently wrong with trying to tarnish the beliefs of others.

I don't need to cite examples as you can browse through this forum and see the antagonizing atmosphere but I will reiterate

What need is there to invalidate another's belief system?

How does that help anyone but the ego?

JoChris

Superstar
I've been here for awhile and without fail this has always been the most tumultuous section of the forums.

Something piqued my interest after reading some of @Loki post and @Tanya . What had occurred and I had found off was that during even the most tame conversations outburst seem to occur(I may be guilty) in which two parties go beyond defending ideologies to attempting to desecrate and massacre the others beliefs.

I believe there are those who genuinely want to and do not cause harm but others create contention as if the invalidation of their opponents belief system creates validation of theirs.

I honestly wonder why? What need is there to invalidate another's belief system? How does that help anyone but the ego? I'm not rubbed the wrong way when someone disagrees but there is, in my opinion, something inherently wrong with trying to tarnish the beliefs of others.

I don't need to cite examples as you can browse through this forum and see the antagonizing atmosphere but I will reiterate
It is so hard NOT to use pop psychology to "diagnose" the causes and trigger further tension...
So I'll resist that temptation and just give an observation from the bible.
Proverbs 10:32 The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable: but the mouth of the wicked speaketh frowardness.
:p *ducks for cover*

DisenfranchisedDespot

Established
It is so hard NOT to use pop psychology to "diagnose" the causes and trigger further tension...
So I'll resist that temptation and just give an observation from the bible.
Proverbs 10:32 The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable: but the mouth of the wicked speaketh frowardness.
:p *ducks for cover*
It's perfectly fine if you had wanted to I just fail to understand it.

JoChris

Superstar
It's perfectly fine if you had wanted to I just fail to understand it.
Depending on which strand of psychology arm chair psychologists love, the answers could range from biological causes (chemical imbalances in brain), childhood upbringing, reward-punishment learning, personality disorders, poor socio-economic background, inferiority/ superiority complex, childhood abuse of any form/ severity....

When genuine mental/ biological causes** are not present in any individual, the above factors are pretty well loopholes via using human wisdom to avoid addressing real cause - unrepentant sinners.

---
** e.g. I have known several severe childhood abuse survivors and people with mental health issues, they deserve compassion and understanding that excuse-makers never deserve

Lady

Star
Or, they are getting paid for it.
This could be a very plausible reason for some who work for organizations that target forums. They are out there, yes, and the goal is to keep the turmoil churning on sites. Google it-it really is a thing.

When we can't make sense of behavior that is so out of the norm the reason may be that it is someone's job to be that way. That person affects a whole forum, and others (unpaid) carry on the theme they learned and it spreads.

That is one theory-for now. Or, mental illness is my other go-to theory. :D

DisenfranchisedDespot

Established
It could honestly be narcissism. It could be a number of things as you mentioned or misinterpretations of written works causing issues. It's one thing in my opinion to wholeheartedly fight for what you believe to be the truth whether it be Atheism or Wicca or whatever but an entirely different issue when one does everything in their power to dissuade someone from thinking a certain way.

As irritating as Lisa may be it can be seen when shes "dealt" with lol.

Lady

Star
It could honestly be narcissism. It could be a number of things as you mentioned or misinterpretations of written works causing issues. It's one thing in my opinion to wholeheartedly fight for what you believe to be the truth whether it be Atheism or Wicca or whatever but an entirely different issue when one does everything in their power to dissuade someone from thinking a certain way.

As irritating as Lisa may be it can be seen when shes "dealt" with lol.
What do you mean?

Lady

Star
Lisa gets abused here by almost everyone. What I see is a real lack of compassion for one another and that is more disturbing than anything else on here.
Everyone is responsible for his/her own replies and interactions, but Lisa somehow becomes the scapegoat for their own bad behavior.

Tatilina

Star
Lisa gets abused here by almost everyone. What I see is a real lack of compassion for one another and that is more disturbing than anything else on here.
Everyone is responsible for his/her own replies and interactions.
I agree and its just as disturbing to see no christians coming to her defense, even though I do not agree on her beliefs. Some of these so called Christians who only care about arguing with others, ignoring so much abuse are not better than the evil Satanists they complain about. They've become the very thing they are against. Evil, abusive and full of hatred.

Lisa gets abused badly here for her beliefs, even I am totally snuffed out and outcasted for mine too. It doesn't surprise me and as far as I am concerned they are no better than child abusers. Its just as bad as the children in pedo rings that no one cares to help. These people are sick in the head and self-absorbed. They do not deserve any respect.

Lol they can't show love for their own kind, never mind for their enemies, but I'm not surprised.

Etagloc

Superstar
Struggle, not peace, is the essence of life. For example, matter appears to be still but matter actually consists of atoms in constant motion.

To assert a positive belief in something, to assert what you believe, also implies a non-belief in the opposite direction. Therefore, when you are merely asserting what you believe you are already attacking the opposite of what you believe through implication.

So there is a sort of "violence" when you assert beliefs and that's why, for example, you're not encouraged to assert your beliefs at work. But that sort of peace and quiet is like the peace and quiet of a cemetery. The sound of people debating is a sound of life. Hopefully they are debating calmly but if they are debating loudly this is better than ideas not being debated. If ideas are not being debated, the context is more than likely that of a dictatorship. So I like the violence of people believing in things. Truth and lies are constantly at war and the problem is that truth has not won yet. But if truth does not fight then lies will completely rule everything.

Tatilina

Star
Bottom line is if you don't agree with everything a certain cult here believes, then they don't give a shit about you unless there is a chance you might convert and that's all they care about, oh, and proving you wrong. Islam and Christianity is enough to scare the shit of anyone who hasn't been poisoned by so much evil.

Lady

Star
You do know I am a Christ follower, right? It is ok to voice these thoughts-I believe in that, otherwise how can we work to improve things?

Last edited:

Tatilina

Star
I was starting to think about the mk handlers everyone keeps talking about. Well there are a few religious nuts here who I think may be MK handlers who are seriously only here to brainwash and program susceptible people here into their cult. Their evil negativity easily rubs off on others causing a dominoes effect. Its like something dropped a friggen bomb in the religious section and people went fucking nuts lol.

Like holy shit.

Tatilina

Star
I cannot argue with that. I thought of the actions here toward those of different beliefs, and basically people get skewered. Does it not remind you of some of the comment sections on YT right after Trump was elected and everyone was saying, "yeah, kill those m**********s! " I could not believe that I was reading so much hate for fellow human beings just because of a difference in political stance. The hatred is similar here. It should not be like this.
Yes it does, the religious here are brutal. They scare the hell out of me.
The hatred is so bad. Sometimes my head feels like its on fire because I am HSP, I can feel it and sense the hatred even through people's posts.

I was once assualted to almost unconsciousness and before the person started attacking me, that's the same burning hot sensation I got on my forehead plus the nauseated gut feeling that something bad was about to happen. Some people online try to come across as sweet and caring online, but I sense otherwise through their posts. You know there is one thing I have learned is that HERDS are attracted to FAKE people. I don't know why but they are. See, it goes like this, people who are outcasted like Jesus was, well those are the real Jesus followers. So if you see people like Lisa being treated the way Jesus was, well there is your true Jesus follower and if the rest flock together not giving a shit, well there is your group of pharisees lol. I am not ignorant of the bible.

JoChris

Superstar
You do know I am a Christ follower, right? It is ok to voice these thoughts-I believe in that, otherwise how can we work to improve things?
Same here, but I have been accused of being judgemental etc.
Some people need to become reacquainted with their dictionary.

Etagloc

Superstar
Bottom line is if you don't agree with everything a certain cult here believes, then they don't give a shit about you unless there is a chance you might convert and that's all they care about, oh, and proving you wrong. Islam and Christianity is enough to scare the shit of anyone who hasn't been poisoned by so much evil.
How are you gonna say Christianity is hateful? I don't think I've said a negative thing about Wicca or Wiccans. I don't even have any particular thing towards Wicca. I don't love it or hate it. I'm pretty neutral and calm towards Wicca. But I'm the hateful one?

I think pretty much all the religions (except fake religions like Satanism, as I've said) come from God. I like Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, etc. Wiccans cannot be better than the fundamentalists they denounce if they themselves are their own brand of fundamentalists who act like Christianity and Islam are cults rather than diverse belief systems of billions of people and which have thousands of years of history. Yes, religious people have done certain bad things but to act as though this is the totality of religious history and to ignore things like Mother Theresa helping the poor (I understand she wasn't perfect but I think most would argue she did more good than bad), Reverend Martin Luther-King fighting for the rights of African-Americans, Ignacio Martin-Baro who gave his life fighting for the poor of El Salvador, Monsignor Oscar Romero who gave his life fighting for the people of El Salvador and other religious people who did great things is prejudiced. To act like Christian is totally bad and that's all there is to it is biased and unbalanced. It doesn't take into account the larger, more objective picture.

Plus you have to remember that there is a difference between the teachings and the people. People are innately going to corrupt whatever teaching they follow, it's just the nature of people. If Wiccans were super powerful they might turn around and persecute Christians. I'm not saying all Wiccans are like that or that that would happen but it's certainly possible. When Plutarco Calles took over the Mexican government, he had priests murdered and a lot of Catholics were killed and nuns were raped. This sort of thing has been happening since the beginning of Christianity. Christians might not be perfect but being non-Christian doesn't make someone superior.

JoChris

Superstar
Yes it does, the religious here are brutal. They scare the hell out of me.
The hatred is so bad. Sometimes my head feels like its on fire because I am HSP, I can feel it and sense the hatred even through people's posts.

I was once assualted to almost unconsciousness and before the person started attacking me, that's the same burning hot sensation I got on my forehead plus the nauseated gut feeling that something bad was about to happen. Some people online try to come across as sweet and caring online, but I sense otherwise through their posts. You know there is one thing I have learned is that HERDS are attracted to FAKE people. I don't know why but they are. See, it goes like this, people who are outcasted like Jesus was, well those are the real Jesus followers. So if you see people like Lisa being treated the way Jesus was, well there is your true Jesus follower and if the rest flock together not giving a shit, well there is your group of pharisees lol. I am not ignorant of the bible.
That sounds like a terrible experience. Some people with partial complex seizures get the feelings of nausea and fear immediately before a seizure starts so that makes sense.
I hope that hasn't happened again?

Has anybody in this thread actually stood up to the bullying or mistreatment they see in other threads? And I dont mean standing up for themselves, but standing up for others.. I cant say I've seen it to be honest.

I dont understand the point of coming to websites with differing views and then getting mad when someone views something differently than you (general "you" not specific). Especially on a conspiracy site of all places. But it is what it is I guess.