Stung to death by poison jelly fish -Met God in person

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Mr McCormack made $$$. It's pretty silly to believe such people. I personally know an NDEer whom I trust. He was a muslim. He became a universalist. He didn't earn a cent from his experience. He completely changed his lifestyle after the NDE. I don't know if it was a sort of a hallucination or true entrance into the spirit world for a short time. He doesn't make any claims, but simply describes what he remembers
NDEs are as interesting as they are potentially deceptive. Rather like visions, dreams and encounters with angels (or even ancestors ;-) the information gained from sauce experience may be true, false or a mixture of both (which are the most dangerous)...

The idea that Ian set up an encounter with a box jellyfish to gain from the story it led to many years later is somewhat amusing.

Bacsi

Star
NDEs are as interesting as they are potentially deceptive. Rather like visions, dreams and encounters with angels (or even ancestors ;-) the information gained from sauce experience may be true, false or a mixture of both (which are the most dangerous)...

The idea that Ian set up an encounter with a box jellyfish to gain from the story it led to many years later is somewhat amusing.
The life-threatening encounter might be true. The conscious ND experience is what I'm doubting. His story changes...

Not all people who were near death remember something. Some decide to deceive in order to earn $$$. Very popular subject it is these days... People are falling into sin for far smaller incentives.

Liars are liars. Even if they say things that please you......

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The life-threatening encounter might be true. The conscious ND experience is what I'm doubting. His story changes...

Not all people who were near death remember something. Some decide to deceive in order to earn $$$. Very popular subject it is these days... People are falling into sin for far smaller incentives.

Liars are liars. Even if they say things that please you......
"All lies and jest till a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest..."
~ Simon & Garfunkel, The Boxer

Karlysymon

Superstar
What about Hell tourism, like is that a thing?

It should be. That's what I saw during my own near-death experience. It felt like being on the verge of entering a realm of eternal pain and suffering.

Maybe it was some twisted version of Heaven. I suppose God could punish a person in such a way.
Yes it is. Although its the first time that i've heard that phrase. But it makes sense, if there's heaven tourism, then there must be hell tourism.

There is a popular story of a guy who spent 23mins in hell (not sure if a movie was made).

I can't say that Dante (Alghieri) was the first hell tourist but his chronicles certainly live on, to this day.

Karlysymon

Superstar

NDEs are, of course, another manifestation of one of “the two great errors”. As long as anyone believes that at death the soul goes on living in one form or another, that person is wide open to most occult or spiritualistic deceptions, deceptions that can easily promote the idea, either openly or by implication, that you don’t need Jesus. In fact, most of the people who had NDEs have said that the spiritual beings whom they met, or even their dead relatives, gave them comforting words about love, peace, and goodness but nothing about salvation in Christ, nothing about sin, and nothing about judgment to come — the most basic biblical views. One would think that, while supposedly getting a taste of the Christian afterlife, they should have gotten a taste of the most basic Christian teachings, as well. Yet, often what they’re told sounds much like New Age dogma, which could explain why many of these people come away less inclined toward Christianity than they were before having “died”.

Ofcourse, there is that odd case or two, where someone's spirituality is strengthened.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Yes it is. Although its the first time that i've heard that phrase. But it makes sense, if there's heaven tourism, then there must be hell tourism.

There is a popular story of a guy who spent 23mins in hell (not sure if a movie was made).

I can't say that Dante (Alghieri) was the first hell tourist but his chronicles certainly live on, to this day.
Rather like with "Trip Advisor", you can read the reviews of other visitors but you can never really see with a place is like till you get there yourself, and by then it's too late!!

Aero

Superstar

Dante didn't have a near death experience though. Well, I suppose he may have, but I can't find any record of such a thing. I guess it doesn't really matter because the whole thing could be a dream state.

If NDE is a dream state then you don't need to be near death. It can be done through trance or hypnosis. Probably even induced artificially with drugs. So that's why I believe the boundary between the physical and spirit world is slim. The very fabric of space and time is fragile even.

Our true forms as humans exist purely in the shadows. So my theory seems to suggest we are already dead. We just don't know it yet.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Dante didn't have a near death experience though. Well, I suppose he may have, but I can't find any record of such a thing. I guess it doesn't really matter because the whole thing could be a dream state.

If NDE is a dream state then you don't need to be near death. It can be done through trance or hypnosis. Probably even induced artificially with drugs. So that's why I believe the boundary between the physical and spirit world is slim. The very fabric of space and time is fragile even.

Our true forms as humans exist purely in the shadows. So my theory seems to suggest we are already dead. We just don't know it yet.
I saw that movie too ;-)

Karlysymon

Superstar
Rather like with "Trip Advisor", you can read the reviews of other visitors but you can never really see with a place is like till you get there yourself, and by then it's too late!!
Its just really questionable (no offense to those who've experienced it). If God has deemed you honorable enough to be granted a glimpse of the celestial courts, why wait until you have a horrible accident and slip into a coma? It makes more sense for it to happen when one is alive and well rather than when one's health is compromised because that will always cast a shadow over the experience. Its obvious that at point in time, something is happening in the brain, rather than a celestial being ushering you into hell or heaven.

@Aero
I agree that it could possibly be induced via hypnosis/trance/drugs.

floss

Star
NDEs are, of course, another manifestation of one of “the two great errors”. As long as anyone believes that at death the soul goes on living in one form or another, that person is wide open to most occult or spiritualistic deceptions, deceptions that can easily promote the idea, either openly or by implication, that you don’t need Jesus. In fact, most of the people who had NDEs have said that the spiritual beings whom they met, or even their dead relatives, gave them comforting words about love, peace, and goodness but nothing about salvation in Christ, nothing about sin, and nothing about judgment to come — the most basic biblical views. One would think that, while supposedly getting a taste of the Christian afterlife, they should have gotten a taste of the most basic Christian teachings, as well. Yet, often what they’re told sounds much like New Age dogma, which could explain why many of these people come away less inclined toward Christianity than they were before having “died”.

Ofcourse, there is that odd case or two, where someone's spirituality is strengthened.
Amen! From my understanding of the occults, if these NDE doesn’t lead them to Christ, it’s all manifestation from the devil. It doesn’t matter how “heavenly” it might be to them, it’s evil to the core. I can’t take any NDE seriously if there are no sign of repentence unto Christ. It’s sorta like trusting in someone who does LSD and have spiritual experiences.

Last edited:

Rodreezus

Rookie
I have not had such an experience, but I am curious about yours. Do you believe that your experience was anything more than a dream?
I do believe my experiences were more than dreams. I believe this to be true due to the nature of my recovery, defying most/many/all prognoses given at the hospital. Simply put, I shouldn't be here - I'm blessed to be alive and functioning at the level that I do. I've lived my best years since waking from that coma.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I do believe my experiences were more than dreams. I believe this to be true due to the nature of my recovery, defying most/many/all prognoses given at the hospital. Simply put, I shouldn't be here - I'm blessed to be alive and functioning at the level that I do. I've lived my best years since waking from that coma.
I would love to hear your story some time. A friend of mine's Dad had an NDE...

Hubert

Established
I understand your feeling that you experienced something miraculous, but given the variable nature of illness, all prognoses are given as chance, it is likely that your are nothing more than the beneficiary of an unlikely event. Did you experience anything that could not be explained by simple luck?

Rodreezus

Rookie
It could be luck, sure..
I understand your feeling that you experienced something miraculous, but given the variable nature of illness, all prognoses are given as chance, it is likely that your are nothing more than the beneficiary of an unlikely event. Did you experience anything that could not be explained by simple luck?
yeah absolutely. I’m not out here claiming this is certain, I’m just sharing what I believe.

It could be luck, but given the circumstances I think it’s unlikely. My family was told if I ever woke up I’d likely be a vegetable (not in those words).

I run marathons now.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
A famous voice against the miraculous is Hume.

He sets out a philosophical mental filter through which almost no miracle, even if it simply happened (!) could get through!!!

https://www.mytutor.co.uk/answers/6428/A-Level/Philosophy/Explain-Hume-s-Argument-Against-Miracles

Whilst Hume's arguments are paper thin in places, this popular intellectual background is taken into account by Lee Strobel in "The Case for Miracles", which looks at both the miraculous (as experienced by real people) as well as sceptical positions taken against them.

https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/the-case-for-miracles.3437/

Last edited:

Hubert

Established
A famous voice against the miraculous is Hume.

He sets out a philosophical mental filter through which almost no miracle, even if it simply happened (!) could get through!!!

https://www.mytutor.co.uk/answers/6428/A-Level/Philosophy/Explain-Hume-s-Argument-Against-Miracles

Whilst Hume's arguments are paper thin in places, this popular intellectual background is taken into account by Lee Strobel in "The Case for Miracles", which looks at both the miraculous (as experienced by real people) as well as sceptical positions taken against them.

https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/the-case-for-miracles.3437/
In order for me to accept a miracle, it would have to be something that could be reliably repeated.

Vixy

Star
What about Hell tourism, like is that a thing?

It should be. That's what I saw during my own near-death experience. It felt like being on the verge of entering a realm of eternal pain and suffering.

Maybe it was some twisted version of Heaven. I suppose God could punish a person in such a way.
Oh yeah! There are loads and loads of videos abut people who have gone to hell, in some cases just to see where they were headed, bc God was trying to save them. The strange thing about this is (and I've watched MANY) is that they dont know each other, yet they describe it the same way. best one I've seen is this one:

You can tell this guy wasnt the believing kind but he says the same thing as everyone else; You are surrounded by a darknedd darker than black, its like pitchblack but so black you cant even see your hand in front of you. And they describe demons the same way: HUGE creatures, ugly as f**k, who have absolutely NO compassion or any end to their sadism whatsoever. They also say that the only way out of there is to call God. Several of these have also experienced how these evil creatures gets scared when Jesus arrives. That they back up and get kinda small, mentally.

You really should watch them, theyre highly interesting. Just youtube Hel testimony and they'll come up. :)

Oh, almost forgot; there's also Dantes divina comedia about a guy who had a dream about hell and its different levels, the first one being for thieves and the one furthest down for the violent ones. Also very interesting.