Strongest anti-abortion law in USA passes Alabama Senate, heads to governor’s desk

Wigi

Veteran
Why are people so against abortion? Educate me, please, because I cannot seem to understand why men and women around the globe feel that they have the right to tell a woman what she can and cannot do with their body.
If you can explain why you believe that everyone shouldn't be bothered by abortion and should consider it as a good thing.

Wigi

Veteran
Thats not what this thread is about, nor is the law that was passed or the reasons people have abortions nowadays.
I basically understand that the law is highly restrictive toward abortion and as I can see, people feel marginalized because they can't afford to have more children and it could worsen the conditions of some minorities who can't acces birth control such as pills ect.

Now you talk about the reasons why people have abortion and in my opinion, the problem is the sex culture rooted in hedonism as I've said earlier.

If you can explain why you believe that everyone shouldn't be bothered by abortion and should consider it as a good thing.
Because if you ban abortion for one person, then you are banning it from everyone. It's like saying a man controls what happens in a woman's body. No. They don't.
A woman should get to decide what happens with her body, her uterus..her offspring. If she's not ready to have one, then let the woman make the choice. Some people can be against it and decide for THEMSELVES that they don't want to abort, but you cannot take that choice or decision from somebody simply because you disagree with it. It's like the trans movement.
If I want to call you a man when you transition into a female, let me do as I please. I should not have to change my beliefs on biology because you want to be something else one morning. No, every chromosome in your body is male. You are biologically a man. People should not have the right to press their opinion onto me, just like they shouldn't have the right to dictate what a female does with HER body. I should not be penalized for my beliefs differing from yours, just as a woman shouldn't have her choice made for her when it comes to abortion

Wigi

Veteran
Because if you ban abortion for one person, then you are banning it from everyone. It's like saying a man controls what happens in a woman's body. No. They don't.
A woman should get to decide what happens with her body, her uterus..her offspring. If she's not ready to have one, then let the woman make the choice. Some people can be against it and decide for THEMSELVES that they don't want to abort, but you cannot take that choice or decision from somebody simply because you disagree with it. It's like the trans movement.
If I want to call you a man when you transition into a female, let me do as I please. I should not have to change my beliefs on biology because you want to be something else one morning. No, every chromosome in your body is male. You are biologically a man. People should not have the right to press their opinion onto me, just like they shouldn't have the right to dictate what a female does with HER body. I should not be penalized for my beliefs differing from yours, just as a woman shouldn't have her choice made for her when it comes to abortion
And what are your thoughts about late term abortion ? I mean, do you think that a formed baby inside the womb isn't a body of its own thus it should be considered as the property of the woman?

(I'm sorry if the question sounds tricky I just want to know if your reasoning works with it)

And what are your thoughts about late term abortion ? I mean, do you think that a formed baby inside the womb isn't a body of its own thus it should be considered as the property of the woman?

(I'm sorry if the question sounds tricky I just want to know if your reasoning works with it)
It really depends on the laws, but personally, I don't think late term abortion is right. There are some circumstances, but a majority of the time, no. If one was to get an abortion, in my opinion, they should get it soon enough where it's not too late and the embryo has transitioned into a full-on fetus.
And I assume you understand my reason and logic?

Wigi

Veteran
Thanks for the answer.

And I assume you understand my reason and logic?
I understand your way of thinking but I somewhat disagree because abortion has been sold to the masses as a mean to resolve the consequences of r*pe. We know it's false.

I would be ok with abortion if and only if the woman would be forced to name the rapist so he could be judged in the court.

But at the same time, I think if people want to enforce restrictive laws against abortion that they should enforce laws that helps families to receive welfare so they could afford to have children with healthcare until they reach the age of 18. That should be the norm for low income families at least.

Thanks for the answer.

I understand your way of thinking but I somewhat disagree because abortion has been sold to the masses as a mean to resolve the consequences of r*pe. We know it's false.

I would be ok with abortion if and only if the woman would be forced to name the rapist so he could be judged in the court.

But at the same time, I think if people want to enforce restrictive laws against abortion that they should enforce laws that helps families to receive welfare so they could afford to have children with healthcare until they reach the age of 18. That should be the norm for low income families at least.
It can be the resolution to r*pe, but as a woman, it is difficult to name a rapist. Having been violated and taken advantage of is hard and can put a woman to shame and embarrassment. But, you also have to think of the women who are not physically capable or healthy enough to give birth. You may be saying, use a condom or birth control, but even those methods aren't 100% effective. Imagine a scenario where a woman who is on birth control experiences one of those defects. She knows she cannot survive giving birth, but abortion is banned, so what are her options? Should she be forced to give her life and give birth to the child, or should she be able to have an abortion? There are cases besides r*pe where abortions should be an option for women.

Wigi

Veteran
Imagine a scenario where a woman who is on birth control experiences one of those defects. She knows she cannot survive giving birth, but abortion is banned, so what are her options
I honestly can't think of a situation where a woman is likely to die during pregnancy (in the western world at least).

The Christian side of me make me say that they have to trust in God. That's what my mom did or I wouldn't be born today since i'm a triplet.

But, you also have to think of the women who are not physically capable or healthy enough to give birth.
This for example, I think this problem is inherent to a sex culture rooted in hedonism.

I mean, people want to please themselves therefore they do things that are dangerous for them or others and then they want to fix the consequences of their choices at all cost. I think people should be more responsible and realize that they can't afford to have kids before pregnancy

justjess

Superstar
More women die in the US from pregnancy-related complications than in any other developed country. The US is the only industrialized nation with a rising maternal mortality rate, and between 2000 and 2014, there was a 26% increase in the maternal mortality rate.i Racial disparities in maternal mortality are staggering -- black women are three to four times more likely to die from a pregnancy-related complication than non-Hispanic white women.

justjess

Superstar
I honestly can't think of a situation where a woman is likely to die during pregnancy (in the western world at least).

The Christian side of me make me say that they have to trust in God. That's what my mom did or I wouldn't be born today since i'm a triplet.

This for example, I think this problem is inherent to a sex culture rooted in hedonism.

I mean, people want to please themselves therefore they do things that are dangerous for them or others and then they want to fix the consequences of their choices at all cost. I think people should be more responsible and realize that they can't afford to have kids before pregnancy
So poor married couples just shouldn’t ever have sex?

Wigi

Veteran
It could be interesting to know why US is the only industrialized nation with a rising maternal mortality rate.

So poor married couples just shouldn’t ever have sex?
Or they do as they please but the issue is responsibility. If sex is dangerous for some, why it shouldn't be done in a safe way?
Fair question

Damien50

Star

Women die all the time in childbirth. Vbacks can cause the uterus to rupture because of a previous cesarean and the choice to avoid surgery and have a natural birth. Black women die more because of institutionalized racism that has left them receiving less than adequate care. Having a baby can be life threatening despite modern science. It happens you just don't know.

It's more than just taking responsibility, economics like a woman having to take time off or financial hardship due to layoffs or job availability are factors. Contraception isn't 100% effective and in the event that you need state assistance I've found it near impossible to get. Adoption isn't a viable option and not everyone has family that outs capable of helping.

Abstinence is great but sex is integral to a marriage and you can only deny your partner for so long. I think the issue is a small one caused by larger issues. As the 'greatest' country we shouldn't have so much poverty or debt yet we do. We still have racism, classism and a plethora of other problems that only hurt Americans and cause things like drugs and abortions to be viable options

justjess

Superstar
It could be interesting to know why US is the only industrialized nation with a rising maternal mortality rate.

Or they do as they please but the issue is responsibility. If sex is dangerous for some, why it shouldn't be done in a safe way?
Fair question
Because women’s health isn’t prioritized. That’s why.

You can be 100% responsible and still end up with an unintended pregnancy. Please try telling your husband you are no longer having sex with him and see how well that goes over..

Because you are unaware that it’s a health risk before hand

Wigi

Veteran
Black women die more because of institutionalized racism that has left them receiving less than adequate care. Having a baby can be life threatening despite modern science
Is it possible to find evidence that doctors refuse adequate care for some people based on race?
Since i'm not American, I know nothing about that.

economics like a woman having to take time off or financial hardship due to layoffs or job availability are factors
I agree that's why I talked about welfare.

As the 'greatest' country we shouldn't have so much poverty or debt yet we do. We still have racism, classism and a plethora of other problems that only hurt Americans and cause things like drugs and abortions to be viable options
I understand that the problem is related to money and racism. Just a question, abortion is a free surgery in America?

justjess

Superstar
Is it possible to find evidence that doctors refuse adequate care for some people based on race?
Since i'm not American, I know nothing about that.

I agree that's why I talked about welfare.

I understand that the problem is related to money and racism. Just a question, abortion is a free surgery in America?
No it’s not free. It’s just exponentially cheaper than a child

Wigi

Veteran
Please try telling your husband you are no longer having sex with him and see how well that goes over..
I guess It depends on how the husband value his relationship with his wife, if he only sees her as a sex partner and vice versa.
I'll sound like a broken record but I believe this is also inherent to a sex culture rooted in hedonism.

justjess

Superstar
30 years old “hey hubby we aren’t having sex until menopause I don’t want anymore kids” (could be twenty or more years...)

I’m sorry but no husband is going to be okay with that and that does not indicate they don’t value their wives. Intimacy and SEX are important parts of a marriage.

This has nothing to do with hedonism. A married couple having sex is not hedonism

You dont mean the War on Drugs where at the same time the gov't was "waging war" they were also allegedly supporting drug dealers in South America? Thats what everythings about. On the surface, a war on Drugs seems legit. But when you get deeper it becomes something that supported the for profit prison industrial complex. Same thing about the patriot act. Sure on the surface protecting us from terrorists sounds good. But according to some it was about taking away rights. That’s pretty much what every mainstream movement that gets promoted.
that's the point I'm trying to make.

Making things illegal is never done for a moral reason. It's done to oppress. This abortion law? It's going feed the same prison-industrial complex. And all the politicians that sign it are still going to get their mistresses abortions. It does nothing to help people.

And If its not about stopping the killing of unborn children, then it should be about leveling the playing field. If women can absolve themselves of all aspects parenthood thru abortion, then give men do that same option.
Again, as justjess, said you have the option of a vasectomy. And it's about the same. Both are medical procedures, after all...

Shitty advice is telling people that using a condom means that they won't have kids when that is not true. ESPECIALLY when its young teens who would think that adults will be telling them the facts but no its just dumb adults causing pregnancies. This is why sex ed is a joke.

I don't know about your tastes but not many women would be attracted to a guy who has a kid with everything he has interacted with.
When you add all that to what I said then you can call it shitty. When I left it at "abstain from sex or wear condoms" then you cant say thats shitty.

What you're saying doesnt add up. Having a child out of wedlock doesnt hurt a person who's aiming for a bad boy image.